• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Hill

Started by phdefense, December 13, 2014, 02:55:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Because no coach will ever be the General in Wynne. Which is fine. It would be TOUGH shoes to fill and I don't wish that job upon anyone.

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: AirWarren on April 30, 2015, 11:29:20 am
Because no coach will ever be the General in Wynne. Which is fine. It would be TOUGH shoes to fill and I don't wish that job upon anyone.

Sources in Wynne are saying they are hoping Hill gets the job and Paschal will want to come to Wynne. I mean it does make sense Hill was switching over to Paschal's offense anyways.

AirWarren

I figure VP can win at either school. But they foundation for his offense is already been laid in wynne.

the voice

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on April 30, 2015, 11:42:03 am

Sources in Wynne are saying they are hoping Hill gets the job and Paschal will want to come to Wynne. I mean it does make sense Hill was switching over to Paschal's offense anyways.

First of Hill isnt switching to the SLOT SLOT as Paschal refers to his scheme, those that know the reasoning behind it are aware of whats actually happening, its more for mis matches in the passing game , yes he is instilling the double slot , to add to the playbook , theres much more to it than him giving up his spread or one back set.

Second I was reading in posts about some saying why hire Hill when he leaves in three years, well upon research it seems Paschal has been trying for 4 years to get out of Barton, I know for a fact he applied for the wynne job when they hired Hill. As well as others hes tried to get , bentonville and now NLR, of which I dont blame him, it just that some are knocking one coach about moving around and the one they are bragging on has applied and tried to leave his current one for several years. Now it seems hes getting promoted on this thread in the event Hill gets NLR job. Good coach Im sure , maybe if Hill leaves Wynne this time they may hire him.

titan33

Quote from: AirWarren on April 30, 2015, 12:01:01 pm
I figure VP can win at either school. But they foundation for his offense is already been laid in wynne.

They would have hired Paschal at Wynne 4yrs ago but the town was screaming for a change in offense. They wanted the spread and were tired of the running attack. That is coming from the administration itself at Wynne. It's ironic huh, because they are going back to the running game and call it what you want but they will be running the slot slot or double wing whatever you want to call it.

the voice

I will say as long as Hill is running the show, there wont be as much in common with VP offense and his as you think.  Like I said theres much more to it than whats written here. I only used the term slot slot because that is exactly what VP calls what he does. Hill was going more with a flex bone attack that some will call a double wing , and mainly to get the match ups he wants in the passing game.

MoTownDog

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on April 30, 2015, 10:40:08 am
Quote from: MoTownDog on April 30, 2015, 10:22:37 am
Quote from: playmaker04 on March 13, 2015, 11:31:45 am
He's got a big senior class and one of the top running backs in 5a coming back from injury in Antonio Davis. He's not going anywhere.

Every year Chris seems to have everything, top quarterbacks, top running backs, 30 returning seniors.  Everything except?  Any guesses?

Has he won a State Championship before?

BINGO!

Closest he got was with Morrilton and blew it with a bone head call at the last minute.  No Hill=2013 State Champs.

the voice

April 30, 2015, 12:38:16 pm #107 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:43:55 pm by the voice
True he has yet to win one, lost in championship to PA last year also.
As for bone head call at the last minute , Im confused by last minute call, they scored and kicked off and recovered on side kick briefly, then Greenwood ran out the clock. Im sure there are calls he would like back as with any coach . But Im not sure what last minute call youre referring to?

In addition to that , the following year with much of the same players returning Morrilton got destroyed by Wynne in the playoffs and followed up with like 3 or 4 total wins in three years before Cody McNabb took over and got things lined up. 2013 was indeed a great year for the Devil Dogs, hopeful they rebound and have a better year this season.

Lionheart88

Quote from: the voice on April 30, 2015, 12:12:14 pm
Quote from: FanOfTheSport on April 30, 2015, 11:42:03 am

First of Hill isnt switching to the SLOT SLOT as Paschal refers to his scheme, those that know the reasoning behind it are aware of whats actually happening, its more for mis matches in the passing game , yes he is instilling the double slot , to add to the playbook , theres much more to it than him giving up his spread or one back set.

Second I was reading in posts about some saying why hire Hill when he leaves in three years, well upon research it seems Paschal has been trying for 4 years to get out of Barton, I know for a fact he applied for the wynne job when they hired Hill. As well as others hes tried to get , bentonville and now NLR, of which I dont blame him, it just that some are knocking one coach about moving around and the one they are bragging on has applied and tried to leave his current one for several years. Now it seems hes getting promoted on this thread in the event Hill gets NLR job. Good coach Im sure , maybe if Hill leaves Wynne this time they may hire him.

So Hill isn't switching to the "SLOT SLOT", he's instilling [sic] the Double Slot.  That certainly clears things up.

titan33

Quote from: the voice on April 30, 2015, 12:29:26 pm
I will say as long as Hill is running the show, there wont be as much in common with VP offense and his as you think.  Like I said theres much more to it than whats written here. I only used the term slot slot because that is exactly what VP calls what he does. Hill was going more with a flex bone attack that some will call a double wing , and mainly to get the match ups he wants in the passing game.
Have you not watched Paschal does? He runs the "flex bone attack" the "double wing" which is the same thing as "slot-slot", you have three backs, a fullback and two wing backs on both sides. You can use them just as much for the passing game as you can the running game. I'm sorry but what you're saying makes no sense, it's the same offense how can he run it differently if it's exactly the same?

the voice

Actually it doesnt , I used what others had written, he is experimenting with the flex bone, and I doubt seriously he changes completely from his spread attack. Its about formations to get the match up he wants. Basically in a nut shell adding more to his playbook, giving defenses more to defend.

the voice

April 30, 2015, 02:42:46 pm #111 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 02:44:55 pm by the voice
Quote from: titan33 on April 30, 2015, 02:24:15 pm
Have you not watched Paschal does? He runs the "flex bone attack" the "double wing" which is the same thing as "slot-slot", you have three backs, a fullback and two wing backs on both sides. You can use them just as much for the passing game as you can the running game. I'm sorry but what you're saying makes no sense, it's the same offense how can he run it differently if it's exactly the same?

Let me clear this up for you
I dont know what he runs exactly(VP) , I only know he refers to it as slot slot(VP),as many coaches have heard him say,  I have not watched as I have stated earlier. As for saying coach hill was running the same thing that came from VP supporters not me. If you run it exactly the same you cant be running it differently. As I said I doubt you will see Hill running things or his philosphy being similar to his. People assume that because of the formation that it has to be the exact same . Knowing Hill like I do , IMO I dont ever see him being a power formation running game only coach . It's about getting the match ups he wants. Sure there maybe some similar plays that are excuted, this part of thread started because someone posted he was installing VP's offense.  To which I said he is not, and made a joke that some may not get in reference to VP using the term slot slot, those that have heard it will chuckle , others will not. 

phdefense

Not this... again. There is the "double wing" formation and the "double wing" offensive system learn the difference. There is a huge difference in the "Flexbone", Double Slot" & "Double Wing" offensive systems. They are all run from the same formation, but attack the defense in different ways. One is an option attack while another is a misdirection attack and another overloads at the point of attack.

Every year there is at least one. I should really put this on a google doc so I can just copy/paste it.

/walks away mumbling to himself

the voice

Quote from: phdefense on April 30, 2015, 02:55:11 pm
Not this... again. There is the "double wing" formation and the "double wing" offensive system learn the difference. There is a huge difference in the "Flexbone", Double Slot" & "Double Wing" offensive systems. They are all run from the same formation, but attack the defense in different ways. One is an option attack while another is a misdirection attack and another overloads at the point of attack.

Every year there is at least one. I should really put this on a google doc so I can just copy/paste it.

Thank you!

ricepig

So, they run this out of the Pistol, correct??..??..

minerjack

April 30, 2015, 03:47:10 pm #115 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 03:50:34 pm by minerjack2212
Quote from: the voice on April 30, 2015, 02:42:46 pm

I dont know what he runs exactly(VP) , I only know he refers to it as slot slot(VP),as many coaches have heard him say,  I have not watched as I have stated earlier. As for saying coach hill was running the same thing that came from VP supporters not me. If you run it exactly the same you cant be running it differently. As I said I doubt you will see Hill running things or his philosphy being similar to his. People assume that because of the formation that it has to be the exact same . Knowing Hill like I do , IMO I dont ever see him being a power formation running game only coach . It's about getting the match ups he wants. Sure there maybe some similar plays that are excuted, this part of thread started because someone posted he was installing VP's offense.  To which I said he is not, and made a joke that some may not get in reference to VP using the term slot slot, those that have heard it will chuckle , others will not.
Chris Hill has been quoted as publicly saying he lacks a spread passing quarterback and may have to revert to a more run first option attack.

the voice

Yep, indeed, MAY being the key word, coach speak , he operates at about a 50/50 run pass split mostly anyway , if not more run.

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 30, 2015, 03:47:10 pm
Quote from: the voice on April 30, 2015, 02:42:46 pm

Chris Hill has been quoted as publicly saying he lacks a spread passing quarterback and may have to revert to a more run first option attack.

He's going to run under center with a fullback and two running backs I'm sure?? So as ppl call it what they choose I'm sure it will be very similar to VPs offense which if you have the right QB you can pass just fine out of kind of like they did in Monticello when he won state.

UncleRico

The flex bone, double wing, "slot slot" are formations not offenses! Some teams run the veer option, mid-line, rocket toss... Others run traps, and buck sweeps. Same formation two different attacks.

purpleswag

Before you put it into google docs and ride off on your high horse you should actually research the offenses and get your facts straight.

The double wing offense in no way looks like the flexbone or double slot offense

GotInfo?

Do they not have a QB who can throw or is it more about OL issues?

LCC

Double wing is not the same formation as double slot. Double wing has 2 tight ends. Double slot has 2 split ends.
Paschal runs Flexbone, not double wing.

The Ref

Is Hill in the final 2 for the NLR job?

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: The Ref on May 02, 2015, 01:14:18 pm
Is Hill in the final 2 for the NLR job?

At this point, this is the most important question of the thread. One would think he is but you never know about these things.

Lionheart88

Someone said he was on one of the NLR threads in the 7A board.  Whether or not they were correct, I don't know.

tmycjy

I don't know if he is u just assume he is in less there another hill going for the job

bbishop

Chris Hill did interview.  Not sure who top 2 were but new NLR coach is suppose to be named Monday.  Chris Hill is the name floating around town...but that's just rumors I keep hearing.

Beaver Fever

LLC is correct. Double slot and double wing are fundamentally very different.  If you have any football knowledge you can see the difference is styles immediately.

rona

Yellow Jacket Admin should be prepared - Hill is gone. Good move for he and his Family.

Okieback

Flexbone

Good hire...

Pantherdaddy

Quote from: rona on May 03, 2015, 05:03:23 pm
Yellow Jacket Admin should be prepared - Hill is gone. Good move for he and his Family.
Oh really?

arf

You know this how??

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Okieback on May 03, 2015, 05:48:22 pm
Flexbone

Good hire...
So he will run the Flexbone at NLR?

GotInfo?

If he goes to NLR, he won't run the flex bone. He will run his normal offense. And from what I have heard, he is in Final 2. Decision comes on Monday

Loyalfan1

Quote from: GotInfo? on May 03, 2015, 07:56:23 pm
If he goes to NLR, he won't run the flex bone. He will run his normal offense. And from what I have heard, he is in Final 2. Decision comes on Monday

I'm assuming Hill, Harper, and Pascal?

FanOfTheSport

Don't be so sure..

Loyalfan1

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on May 04, 2015, 11:32:06 am

Don't be so sure..

Whats the big secret?  Who is new name?

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on May 04, 2015, 11:43:26 am
Quote from: FanOfTheSport on May 04, 2015, 11:32:06 am

Don't be so sure..

Whats the big secret?  Who is new name?

Media source and time are now my questions..

Lionheart88

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on May 04, 2015, 09:12:58 am

Considering that the folks on the 7A board said it's down to two?  Probably not.  Though I believe they said Harper and Hill are the two, so you're partly right.

eight

Hearing Hill has turned job down!

Lionheart88

Why apply and go through with an interview if you're going to turn the job down?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 04, 2015, 12:56:31 pm
Why apply and go through with an interview if you're going to turn the job down?
many people interview and find out the grass is not greener.

AirWarren

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 04, 2015, 12:13:10 pm

Considering that the folks on the 7A board said it's down to two?  Probably not.  Though I believe they said Harper and Hill are the two, so you're partly right.

Dear lord keep it officially news on the 7a board. We got some panty wads messing up people's flow over there.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on May 04, 2015, 01:36:06 pm

Dear lord keep it officially news on the 7a board. We got some panty wads messing up people's flow over there.

You're talking about yourself. Now THAT'S funny!  :D

AirWarren

And look who is following me. Like clockwork.

minerjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 04, 2015, 01:37:53 pm

Are you really stalking people around the message board??

minerjack

Maybe you should just get your wife to take you to TwinPeaks and chill out...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 04, 2015, 01:43:29 pm

Maybe you should just get your wife to take you to TwinPeaks and chill out...

Chill out? Nah, I'm having fun trolling you guys.  :)

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 28, 2015, 04:59:57 pm
Wow...Chris Hill on the move again...why would anyone hire him. Yes he is a good coach but has zero loyalty...

Ha

Uncle Ivan

Haaaa.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas