• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

North Pulaski Head Coach Opening..

Started by beach bum, December 08, 2014, 11:43:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Justafan42

I'm not 100% sure how it all will work, but the way I understand it is if NP doesn't have a coach the players will be allowed to participate on either Jacksonville's or Sylvan Hills' team next year. This applies to all the programs at the school, and is approved by the AAA and both Pcssd and the new JNPSD. I have heard that currently NP only has 17 boys in their off season program and that includes 9-12. The staff at Sylvan Hills has already been to NP a met with all the student/athletes that are zoned to go to SHHS when this all happens. The staff at JHS may have also done this but I haven't heard about it.

Tigerdad2

Burks

March 09, 2015, 10:14:32 pm #54 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:24:24 pm by Burks
What's surprising is the NP kids being allowed to play at Jacksonville without transferring. It's been several schools that couldn't field teams but I never hear any of the kids being able to play for other schools. Great but surprising!

Rayburn

Quote from: Justafan42 on March 07, 2015, 10:29:58 am
I'm not 100% sure how it all will work, but the way I understand it is if NP doesn't have a coach the players will be allowed to participate on either Jacksonville's or Sylvan Hills' team next year. This applies to all the programs at the school, and is approved by the AAA and both Pcssd and the new JNPSD. I have heard that currently NP only has 17 boys in their off season program and that includes 9-12. The staff at Sylvan Hills has already been to NP a met with all the student/athletes that are zoned to go to SHHS when this all happens. The staff at JHS may have also done this but I haven't heard about it.
As it says in the article, if a kid goes to NP, he has to play for Jacksonville. Only way a current NP player can play for Sylvan Hills or anyone else, no matter where he lives, is if he transfers to that school. There are only 17 kids in NP's football offseason and only about three of them figure to contribute to Jacksonville next year. So the advantage there isn't that great. The big advantage is, it gives Jacksonville a leg up on getting those younger players established in their program, even if they won't be zoned for Jacksonville next year.

Lionheart88

This statement from the AAA director makes it sound like it apples to everything, not just football: 
Quote"This law applies to any extracurricular activity," said Taylor. "If Jacksonville has, say, forensics, and North Pulaski doesn't, those kids can compete in forensics at Jacksonville. And vice versa. If North Pulaski offers something Jacksonville doesn't, the Jacksonville students can participate at North Pulaski."

Beaver Fever

Only 3 kids?  How will that not make much of a difference?  What if Jacksonville lost 3 starters , would that hurt them?  Seems like an unfair advantage for them.

Just because there were only 17 in offseason doesn't mean there isn't players there.  They just didn't want to get there brains beat in.  What was their record the last decade, 9-91?!

jbtiger73

I know in the state of Tennessee, if a school doesn't offer a sport that you would like to play, mostly at smaller schools, then a larger school that's within proximity, would allow that child to play. but paperwork has to be submitted every year, just in case the kid's family moves. it's kinda like a sister school type of thing that they have. now the only way it stops, is if you move out of the district or your current school fields a team in the same sport.

Rayburn

Quote from: Beaver Fever on March 11, 2015, 06:39:14 am
Only 3 kids?  How will that not make much of a difference?  What if Jacksonville lost 3 starters , would that hurt them?  Seems like an unfair advantage for them.

Just because there were only 17 in offseason doesn't mean there isn't players there.  They just didn't want to get there brains beat in.  What was their record the last decade, 9-91?!
It's definitely an advantage, but I don't know that it's an unfair advantage. Would you rather those kids not be allowed to play for anyone? That would be unfair. Whoever gets them will have the advantage of having a few more players, but I don't think it's unfair.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 10, 2015, 04:20:03 pm
This statement from the AAA director makes it sound like it apples to everything, not just football: 
Quote“This law applies to any extracurricular activity,” said Taylor. “If Jacksonville has, say, forensics, and North Pulaski doesn’t, those kids can compete in forensics at Jacksonville. And vice versa. If North Pulaski offers something Jacksonville doesn’t, the Jacksonville students can participate at North Pulaski.”

I believe the Smaller Consolidated school districts can do this as well...I think when they first consolidated Sparkman sent kids to C. Harmony Grove to play football, I don't know the situation now, but that one came to mind when I heard about the Jax/N.Pulaski thing..

JohnBarleycorn

What about the current coaches on NP's staff? Will they be able to coach for Jacksonville and keep their stipends?

Rayburn

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on March 12, 2015, 06:43:08 pm
What about the current coaches on NP's staff? Will they be able to coach for Jacksonville and keep their stipends?
Yes. For the upcoming season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas