• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A couple of special photos

Started by Rhonda Elizabeth, December 07, 2014, 06:31:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonda Elizabeth

Back in 2009, I took a picture of Dr. Hefley and the ball boys during a break in the PA vs Helena-West Helena game:

A few short years later I took a photo of some of these same kids except they were no longer ball boys, they are state champions:

Time really flies by fast ... from sweet little kids to almost grown men in the blink of an eye.

And by special request, on a lighter note, rumor was going round that "Colonel Mustard" was running about during the game Saturday night sticking a microphone in people's faces.  I captured a shot of him ... and you can tell it is him by the smudge of mustard in his mustache:

Maynard G Krebs

December 07, 2014, 09:42:23 pm #1 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:48:43 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Great stuff Rhonda..... Thanks for all you do.

As a side note, it must have been a good hot dog!

PA Pressbox

Dear Rhonda,

"Help Help me, Rhonda."  (sorry, that just popped in my head.)

Okay, firstly, thank you so much for all of the pics that you post and make available to the public at no charge.  Now, on to the serious stuff....

• I know who my true friend is.  Kevin Kelley was nice enough to point out that I had mustard on my mustache.
  • BUT, I just realized the truth.  THAT PIC WAS PHOTOSHOPPED!!!  I noticed that the shadow on the mustard was different from the shadow on my mustache hairs.  Okay, maybe not; but, I was trying to figure out why Tim Johnson (shown in photo) would not have pointed that out to me.  Then, I remembered....I interviewed Tim in the last 4 or 5 minutes of the ball game.  Coach Kelley pointed out said mustard just prior to the 2nd Half kickoff.  The alleged mustard had been wiped off long before that interview.
  • Please post (here) and/or send me the original photo so I can use it on my Facebook page.
  • If you EVEN THINK of posting the mustard version on Facebook, don't be surprised if you are banned from FF.   >:(

Oh, BTW, did I mention how much I appreciate you posting so many pics that you make available to the public?     :-*

Love,
Chris

P.S.:  And, yes Maynard, it was a good hot dog.... must larger than your average hot dog.

Uncle Ivan

It was Colonel Mustard with the Wireless Mic in the Game Room...

Rhonda Elizabeth

Quote from: PA Pressbox on December 08, 2014, 12:23:33 amTHAT PIC WAS PHOTOSHOPPED!!!  I noticed that the shadow on the mustard was different from the shadow on my mustache hairs.  Okay, maybe not; but, I was trying to figure out why Tim Johnson (shown in photo) would not have pointed that out to me.  Then, I remembered....I interviewed Tim in the last 4 or 5 minutes of the ball game.  Coach Kelley pointed out said mustard just prior to the 2nd Half kickoff.  The alleged mustard had been wiped off long before that interview.[/li][/list]

Mr. Pressbox ... uh, may I call you Box for short?

Anyway, Box, I will admit that of course it was photoshopped.  I do that sometimes.  Not often, but sometimes.  The question you might ask yourself is this ... is it possible someone paid good money to get me to do that AND to post it?  Just a little something to think about.   :o

BTW - I did save a couple of good shots for you and will send them as soon as you respond to my PM requesting an e-mail address.

And, glad you like my photos.  I do so love sharing them.    ;D

PA Pressbox

Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on December 08, 2014, 06:35:34 pm
    Quote from: PA Pressbox on December 08, 2014, 12:23:33 amTHAT PIC WAS PHOTOSHOPPED!!!  I noticed that the shadow on the mustard was different from the shadow on my mustache hairs.  Okay, maybe not; but, I was trying to figure out why Tim Johnson (shown in photo) would not have pointed that out to me.  Then, I remembered....I interviewed Tim in the last 4 or 5 minutes of the ball game.  Coach Kelley pointed out said mustard just prior to the 2nd Half kickoff.  The alleged mustard had been wiped off long before that interview.[/li][/list]

Anyway, Box, I will admit that of course it was photoshopped.  I do that sometimes.  Not often, but sometimes.  The question you might ask yourself is this ... is it possible someone paid good money to get me to do that AND to post it?  Just a little something to think about.   :o

BTW - I did save a couple of good shots for you and will send them as soon as you respond to my PM requesting an e-mail address.

The first person that comes to mind right away would be Maynard G Krebs; but, he retired last week, so he's on a fixed income, and I hear his trophy bride is not a cheap date.  Therefore, I doubt he would be throwing around money on a practical joke.  Coach Kelley is too nice a guy to even think about that.   Only other person that would pay to see that would be Lanny.   But, it's his website, so he could always threaten you with being banned if you didn't do what he wanted.  I hear he uses that to get all kind of favors:  discounted mortgage rates, free lunches at Andy's in Crossett, half price on Condos in Destin, all-he-can-eat at FF & Hogville members' tailgate parties.  You know.....that kind of stuff.  What can I say?   The guy is on a power trip.    :-\

PA Pressbox

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 08, 2014, 02:28:26 am
    It was Colonel Mustard with the Wireless Mic in the Game Room...

+1.....even though that's not going to greatly alter the balance of your Karma, U. I.     ;)

smurf

For those that don't know PA has a special group of running backs for the next 3 years! You all will hear a lot more about there back field than normal! They will still have a great passing attack with Bruce but the running game will not take 3 to 4 years from now but it is now in the present.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Pressbox on December 09, 2014, 01:18:50 am
      Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on December 08, 2014, 06:35:34 pm

The first person that comes to mind right away would be Maynard G Krebs; but, he retired last week, so he's on a fixed income, and I hear his trophy bride is not a cheap date.  Therefore, I doubt he would be throwing around money on a practical joke.  Coach Kelley is too nice a guy to even think about that.   Only other person that would pay to see that would be Lanny.   But, it's his website, so he could always threaten you with being banned if you didn't do what he wanted.  I hear he uses that to get all kind of favors:  discounted mortgage rates, free lunches at Andy's in Crossett, half price on Condos in Destin, all-he-can-eat at FF & Hogville members' tailgate parties.  You know.....that kind of stuff.  What can I say?   The guy is on a power trip.    :-\

I always spend my money wisely. 

Eddie Goodson

December 09, 2014, 09:05:59 pm #9 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:07:52 pm by Eddie Goodson
      Why does the old sayings about putting lipstick on a pig come to mind when looking at these pictures?

And I can certainly kick in a few comp cards for Rhonda's efforts.

Hoophawg

Now those are some hideous helmets

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas