• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia vs. Greenbrier

Started by Jayepea, October 25, 2014, 12:52:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayepea

No matter what I love this game

Jayepea

The Eagles are ready for this game.

Jayepea

Oh we'll better luck next year. My only ? is how on earth did we win 4 games?

Jayepea

Does anyone know why 25 got ejected?  Does he have to sit 1st game next season?

Jayepea

It don't matter how it ended the cats will lose in the 1st if they make it further then that the west is better than y'all thought £€><~es!

Jayepea

The radio made it sound like a bench clearing brawl!

Bluepanther86

It was close to it, both teams almost ran onto the field.. One of vilonias lineman started hitting #62 for Greenbrier an the Greenbrier players reacted pulling people off an Vilonia guys thought they were trying to fight so a few punches were thrown an that's about it.

PercussionMan

I decided to make the trip over last night and ended up watching the majority of this game.  Greenbrier certainly looks a lot better than they did in the first week of 5A West Conference play at Morrilton.  From what I could tell, the quarterback, Ross, has developed into a pretty good passer.  He did have several balls thrown that were batted/tipped/almost tipped/almost intercepted...of course those are all things you risk by passing the ball a lot.  His timing on his throws seemed pretty good for the type of passing offense that Tribble runs.  He puts a pretty good "zing" on the ball that a lot of quarterbacks in the conference (aside from Harrison's and maybe Farmington's) seemed to lack somewhat.  It looks like several other players have emerged as good offensive options as well, other than just #3 Matthews.  All of that being said, I think the Panthers have the opportunity to surprise us some during the playoffs.  I think the West could be more evenly balanced in the top 4 seeds than other conferences, but of course, I only speak from watching the West teams all year and only going off of what I hear about the other conferences (which may be a bit biased).  It should be fun from this point throughout the playoffs.   

pantherblue

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 07, 2014, 11:05:01 am
I decided to make the trip over last night and ended up watching the majority of this game.  Greenbrier certainly looks a lot better than they did in the first week of 5A West Conference play at Morrilton.  From what I could tell, the quarterback, Ross, has developed into a pretty good passer.  He did have several balls thrown that were batted/tipped/almost tipped/almost intercepted...of course those are all things you risk by passing the ball a lot.  His timing on his throws seemed pretty good for the type of passing offense that Tribble runs.  He puts a pretty good "zing" on the ball that a lot of quarterbacks in the conference (aside from Harrison's and maybe Farmington's) seemed to lack somewhat.  It looks like several other players have emerged as good offensive options as well, other than just #3 Matthews.  All of that being said, I think the Panthers have the opportunity to surprise us some during the playoffs.  I think the West could be more evenly balanced in the top 4 seeds than other conferences, but of course, I only speak from watching the West teams all year and only going off of what I hear about the other conferences (which may be a bit biased).  It should be fun from this point throughout the playoffs.

Thanks for the great words PercussionMan...  Glad you enjoyed the game!!  :)

needtoplay

Quote from: Jayepea on November 06, 2014, 10:10:45 pm
Oh we'll better luck next year. My only ? is how on earth did we win 4 games?
.       Everyone else just got better from week to week , and Vilonia did not .
Quote from: Jayepea on October 25, 2014, 12:52:56 am
No matter what I love this game

Ranger

When is the last time Villonia has been a force in football?

The Future

Quote from: Ranger on December 22, 2014, 02:06:13 am
When is the last time Villonia has been a force in football?

Probably 2003 when they made it to the state game

Uncle Ivan

2004.  Their entire backfield ran sub 4.4's.

Hogskin

Highly unlikely, only few kids in state history have run sub 4.4 and most them were track stars and just played football on the side.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hogskin on December 23, 2014, 12:46:00 am
Highly unlikely, only few kids in state history have run sub 4.4 and most them were track stars and just played football on the side.

Oh, it was true.

Jayepea

Does Vilonia even have an O.C. We need a good O.C. & play caller.

nomorewhining

Vilonia went to the semifinals in 2006

nomorewhining

The Future

Vilonia's 2003 schedule
Maumelle- 20-14 W
Greenbrier- 17-14 W
North Pulaski- 38-12 W
Batesville- 28-21 L
Paragould- 34-7 W
Nettleton- 37-0 W
Marion- 31-8 W
Greene Tech- 69-27 W
Wynne- 22-7
Beebe- 30-18
Batesville- 31-20 L

Vilonia's 2007 schedule
Searcy- 43-7 W
Lakeside- 51-39 W
Beebe- 46-41 L
Siloam-41-21 L
LRC- 38-31 L
Greenwood- 52-28 L
Alma- 43-15 W
Morrilton- 42-13 W
Harrison- 36-24 W
Greenbrier- 39-12 W
Blytheville- 35-18 W
Helena-21-14 W
LRC- 35-28 L

I would say these 2 seasons are about even. Even though they made it to the title game in 03, they played a weaker schedule than in 07 so their stats and games would look more impressive.
In 07, they played a tougher slate with 3 straight West losses to Siloam, LRC, and Greenwood. 2 of those teams were in the championship game while the other made it to the second round.
Both years they lost to a team twice, once in regular season and once in the playoffs.

Someone with more Vilonia knowledge can enlighten and add to my post. I don't have enough to be able to make a reasonable opinion of which season was the better one.
My only question is did Vilonia only play 11 games in 03 or is that page for them missing some games? Its possible the info I have above is wrong. I checked the 2004 season and its way messed up.

But to answer ranger's original question, I would say Vilonia has never been a force in football. Making it to the finals once and a handful of playoff wins doesn't qualify as a force.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas