• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorites for next years state championship games

Started by BossHogs, May 25, 2017, 07:29:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BossHogs

Woodlawn for 1A
PC, SpringHill, St. Joes for 2A
Junction, Horatio, Genoa Central for 3A
I'm Not as familiar with 4-7 A so you guys will have to tell me who the favorites are there.

blue4hire

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Harding Academy just dominate 3A with only one senior on the team?

LeftBench

HA will be the favorite in 3A with only 1 starter graduating. In 4A, I expect Shiloh to be the preseason favorite. Gosh only lost 2 starters. Bring back top 2 pitchers and 1-5 in their lineup. 4A should be deep, as usual. Monticello had some good, young talent.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: blue4hire on May 25, 2017, 08:23:46 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Harding Academy just dominate 3A with only one senior on the team?
That they did. With only one senior on the entire squad, they went undefeated against both 3A and 4A teams.

RabidWolf

Spring hill graduates ALMOST everybody I think.

big E

Des arc returns almost every one. PW lost some good seniors but they have some good young pitchers coming . And some scrappy kids that can hit the baseball.

leaderofthepack10

BIC has 8 starters back in 2A including all of their pitching.

birddawg1986

BIC will be loaded. Sure Ballard will squeeze bunt again to end that ring 🤣

Dirty dawg

It was probably a good thing riverside wasnt 2a this year

BossHogs

Everyone in 2A was lucky Woodlawn wasn't in 2A

SAUAlum

Spring Hill only loses 3 seniors. 6 returning starters plus a DH so really 7 returning starters. Plus, a kid that didn't even play last year who immediately becomes their Ace and either plays SS or CF will play next year.

fleaflicker24

Quote from: SAUAlum on June 15, 2017, 07:46:04 am
Spring Hill only loses 3 seniors. 6 returning starters plus a DH so really 7 returning starters. Plus, a kid that didn't even play last year who immediately becomes their Ace and either plays SS or CF will play next year.

Spring Hill is looking salty if they stay healthy and grounded! Plus they will have a new young coach who knows the game and has something to prove! Gonna be a fun year!

ClutchFactor62

Look out for Marion this year. They have a lot of returning starters and some good arms. I expect them to compete in the 5A-6A East

OB11

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on November 07, 2017, 09:43:54 am
Look out for Marion this year. They have a lot of returning starters and some good arms. I expect them to compete in the 5A-6A East

New coach too.

TheSpecial

1A Woodlawn
2A BIC
3A HA
4A Shiloh
5A Sylvan Hills
6A Jonesboro
7A Bentonville

Chin Music

November 13, 2017, 01:20:36 pm #15 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:22:55 pm by Chin Music
5A should be very tough.

West- Defending champ Vilonia should be very good again.  Greenbrier lost some but also reloaded.  Maumelle has a Razorback commit.  Harrison is always tough.  Alma should be good.

Central- Sylvan Hills is always good.  LRCA returns basically everyone.  PA lost a lot.

South- Watson Chapel may have the best overall talent.  White Hall will be very good. Lakeside has talent. Magnolia lost a lot.

East- Nettleton has a couple of elite players.  GCT has been good lately.

I am quite certain there are other teams that will make some noise that I didn't mention. 

redsport27

November 14, 2017, 09:11:41 pm #16 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:13:46 pm by redsport27
I know White Hall has loads of talent. I see them duking it out with their county rival Watson Chapel. Chapel has a lot to offer and they look to be a big favorite in 5a right now! As for other teams I'm familiar with, LRCA and Sylvan Hills should be two powerhouses in the central this season.

Head Lion

Manila returns 8 starters and top 2 pitchers off of quarterfinal team in 3A, 2 good bats moving up from jr hi.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 15, 2017, 06:49:34 pm #18 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:52:39 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Head Lion on November 15, 2017, 01:07:04 pm
Manila returns 8 starters and top 2 pitchers off of quarterfinal team in 3A, 2 good bats moving up from jr hi.

Very talented group, Jorgensen and my son played on same travel team this fall. We enjoyed it.
Best of luck to the Lions in State this year!!

Baseballman

Clinton should be tough in 3a. They have a power house offense and great starting pitching rotation. Rotation consist of flame throwers Bryce Dodd(Sr.) and Aaron Hogue(Jr.) also submarine throwing Ty Johnson(Sr.). If their defense which has been their weak point can hold up they should be in the chase for a 3a state title.

PBR_GUYS

1A Woodlawn
2A Need  More info
3A Harding Academy
4A Monticello
5A Vilonia
6A Sheridan
7A Har-Ber

This is where I am right now we will crank up in January with preseason coverage, talking with HS and college coaches about current rosters and injuries.. It should be a very competitive spring in most classifications

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: PBR_GUYS on December 12, 2017, 01:55:47 pm
1A Woodlawn
2A Need  More info
3A Harding Academy
4A Monticello
5A Vilonia
6A Sheridan
7A Har-Ber

This is where I am right now we will crank up in January with preseason coverage, talking with HS and college coaches about current rosters and injuries.. It should be a very competitive spring in most classifications

Thank you sir

T-Bone

Quote from: PBR_GUYS on December 12, 2017, 01:55:47 pm
1A Woodlawn
2A Need  More info
3A Harding Academy
4A Monticello
5A Vilonia
6A Sheridan
7A Har-Ber

Would love to see a Sheridan/Jonesboro rematch at Baum.  That would possibly be a great game.

PBR_GUYS

I think 6A is a 3 team race with Sheridan, Greenwood and Jonesboro. A dark horse in 6A maybe Mountain Home, they have had a bevy of young talent the last few years, with new head coach Tim Carver the Bombers may be a contender in the East. Everyone understands the advantage of earning a 1-2 seed out of district tournament play. Not a guarantee to make the semi-finals or finals but a huge advantage. 

NHSPride

Nashville will be better than expected.  Lost 10 Srs (7 starters), but return 2 key starters and have a loaded freshman class, plus some talented Jrs.

MrBackup10

People may call me crazy for saying this but Pocahontas has a lot of potential in 4a. Not sure if this year will be their year, but they have a ton of young talent, headlined by Dawson Chester, and definitely aren't a team to sleep on.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MrBackup10 on January 03, 2018, 09:32:33 am
People may call me crazy for saying this but Pocahontas has a lot of potential in 4a. Not sure if this year will be their year, but they have a ton of young talent, headlined by Dawson Chester, and definitely aren't a team to sleep on.

I wouldn't say you're crazy, Pokey always has good talent coming up, Chester kid sounds like a dandy!!  I believe Pocahontas won their Extended school ball tourney.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: NHSPride on January 03, 2018, 02:05:32 am
Nashville will be better than expected.  Lost 10 Srs (7 starters), but return 2 key starters and have a loaded freshman class, plus some talented Jrs.
I definitely don't see a huge drop off this season.  Maybe not a state title but for sure could make some noise. Nashville always seems to peak at the right time and that will be the case with a younger team this year.

RabidWolf

I hear they have a stud 9th grade lefty. Any info?

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: RabidWolf on January 09, 2018, 05:10:58 am
I hear they have a stud 9th grade lefty. Any info?
Gordon, 9th grade QB. Big time talent for football and baseball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas