• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Alma

Started by MDXPHD, November 22, 2013, 09:38:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

michael2370

The kid at Batesville is accurate and can kick from 45+

Paw-Paw

spongebob

First game for Alma in the playoffs after having 2 weeks of "byes"......
First and ONLY game for Alma in the playoffs...

ahsalum

Quote from: spongebob on November 23, 2013, 08:42:06 pm

Another sucker.

michael2370

Do not forget the Beebe team Alma struggled with until the second half Batesville put away way before half time.  Did the same to Greenbrier by half.

P.F.G.

Face it Steve, we aren't good enough.

backatyou

ahsalum

November 23, 2013, 09:05:42 pm #57 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:27:31 pm by Steve Perry
Quote from: playmaker04 on November 22, 2013, 11:26:55 pm
Shut up Steve perry. Nobody cares what you think.

You do.

How many times have you checked back to see my reply after you initially posted that....

Go back to the Jr High board.

backatyou

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 23, 2013, 08:27:50 pm
Alma's kicker kicked two FG's (about 30 yards?) in the mud last night and wind.
And Coach L even challanged him the second field goal by blind folding him and told him "go forth and kick it grasshopper " and yes he put 3 more on the board!

AT

A lot of people thought Mills would beat Alma or give them a good game. People want to say Mills isn't good now, because Alma dominated them.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 23, 2013, 09:21:07 pm

A lot of people thought Mills would beat Alma or give them a good game. People want to say Mills isn't good now, because Alma dominated them.

^^^^^^^^^ Yep

ahsalum

Batesville is a machine.

We're just content to make it to the semis.

We know we won't win.

But how bout we go ahead and play the game.

BillyJack™

November 23, 2013, 09:36:27 pm #62 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:39:38 pm by BillyJack™
That's not being very respectful towards Hope or Morrilton.

AT

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 23, 2013, 09:30:13 pm

Batesville is a machine.

We're just content to make it to the semis.

We know we won't win.

But how bout we go ahead and play the game.

Since Alma obviously can't win this, the real question is what does Steve Perry act like the day after Thanksgiving. Alma hasn't played this far into the year in so long, that stories of Steve's "digestion problems" seem more like legend than truth.

And the post-turkey day hangover has been said to make even Eddie Sutton shiver in fear

AT

Also, Steve what family do you spend the most time with on Thanksgiving? How can a man possibly eat that many Thanksgiving dinners in one day? Mortal men would like to know.

B.S.

Quote from: bassfool on November 23, 2013, 09:05:17 am
This should be a very good ole fashion physical game.Lots of defense in this one and for the person who said batesville will dominate [size=18pt]one simply doesn t walk into Airdale stadium and dominate Alma[/size].http://houseplans.co/house-plans/1248/ won t intimidate Alma anymore than PA intimidated Morrilton and forgive me but which conference still has the number 1 and 2 seeds left GO AIRDALES AND DEVIL DOGS lets mak it a west showdown in the rock.

I believe One did a little earlier this season!

bassfool

Should be a great game!!!GO AIRDALES!!!!

MDXPHD

I don't know why a lot of people thought that.  Mills had a win against a White Hall team that was terrible.  Alma is good. Their biggest advantage on this one is home field.  Batesville has a long trip and is playing on grass.  It should be a good game, but Batesville is a solid team this year..I say Batesville by 3. 

Wonderdog

This should be a very good ole fashion physical game.Lots of defense in this one and for the person who said batesville will dominate one simply doesn t walk into Airdale stadium and dominate Alma.Batesville won t intimidate Alma anymore than PA intimidated Morrilton and forgive me but which conference still has the number 1 and 2 seeds left GO AIRDALES AND DEVIL DOGS lets mak it a west showdown in the rock.
Greenwood did   ;D

Wonderdog

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 23, 2013, 10:13:49 pm

I don't know why a lot of people thought that.  Mills had a win against a White Hall team that was terrible.  Alma is good. Their biggest advantage on this one is home field.  Batesville has a long trip and is playing on grass.  It should be a good game, but Batesville is a solid team this year..I say Batesville by 3.
in reference to the Mills/WH game, the score of that game is quite different from what the tempo was. Mills had 2 pick 6's in the 4th quarter, one with less than 2 mins on the clock. anyways, i look forward to the score updates or lack thereof (0-0 end of 3rd Q lol) from this weeks game. should be a slobber knocker

Hoghead

Dude, you guys think you have it bad, Hope shut out Wynne, Stomped Sylvan Hills, beat camden Fairview, won their conference, played 8 playoff bound teams in a 10-2 season and people say Hope just got lucky !  Welcome to the team.

The Future

Alma and Mills was suppose to be a good game. Now people are saying Mills was bad. Now everyone is saying Batesville is way to good for Alma. But once Alma beats Batesville , suddenly Batesville isn't as good as years past or Batesville just wasn't good to begin with. Oh it'll happen. Trust me.

Some people just don't know anything to do other than throw excuses.

All the "Alma having a easy road of byes" talk started just after they advanced to the semis.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 23, 2013, 09:56:39 am
Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 23, 2013, 09:34:59 am
When is Alma going to join the 20th century and get a turf field instead of a cow pasture field?

Real Men Play On Grass

I like a man who's not afraid to get dirty.    It makes it more fun. 

The_Pioneer

Alma's players watch Dora the Explorer.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 24, 2013, 12:48:47 pm
Alma's players watch Dora the Explorer.

Q: What's the best way to teach your dog to roll over and play dead?

A: Have him watch a couple Batesville games.

michael2370

That's funny since Batesville has been in the finals two of the last three years. 

AT

November 24, 2013, 01:29:51 pm #76 Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:32:36 pm by Almatrackster
I got time to watch the Batesville v. CF delayed broadcast. Observations:

1. The Batesville crew who puts this together do a great job. Good camera work for the most part, good commentating, good play by play.

2. The stats guy for Batesville has either the most soothing voice ever or the creepiest voice ever, I haven't decided which.

3. Batesville kicker can kick it into the endzone on KO's, not sure Alma has seen a guy do that all year since Greenwood.

4. Watching the game humanized Batesville. Which is to say, they aren't unbeatable. I watched a few Greenbrier highlights too, and I expected total domination based on the score, but Greenbrier had no trouble moving the ball on Batesville in the 1st quarter. Actually, minus a few mistakes and penalties, Greenbrier could have been winning 14-0 at the end of the 1st.

5. Batesville is big, as everyone expected. They run that pitch run that LSU runs a lot in the running game. They get their RBs going downhill most of the time and open huge holes for them. DL will need to step up big and LBS will need to fill gaps.

6. Batesville passing game is efficient. The QB is big, tough to bring down, pretty quick, and has a big arm. He can throw on the run very well. If Alma can keep him in the pocket, that would be best. Just contain him, though. They have some good receivers who will make plays.

7. Defense is very well disciplined. They run tight man to man in coverage. Their DL gets good pressure on the QB. They run more complicated blitzes than we have seen all year. Alma has been incredibly successful on trick plays, but I don't see them working against Batesville, they stay in position (I hope Alma proves me wrong).

8. Special teams is good. I didn't see a huge threat in the return game, but their kicker can boom it. He has the distance from 45+, but I question his accuracy from that distance. He tends to over kick it seems to me. I think they change out their punters, but they are both efficient.

Personally, I now think this game will come down to who's passing game is working better. I can see both D's stuffing the run. Alma will have to pass the ball to open the run game, because we won't be able to push them over (Once again, I hope they prove me wrong).

Alma fans should watch the highlights of Greenbrier or Camden Fairview, Batesville is a great team and we'll need some luck to win, but their defense isn't an impenetrable wall and we've seen offenses just as good or better. Just not on the same team.

backatyou

where is the high light links?

AT

Paw-Paw

Quote from: michael2370 on November 24, 2013, 01:15:17 pm
That's funny since Batesville has been in the finals two of the last three years. 

Q: Why do Batesville fans keep their season tickets on their dashboards?

A: So they can park in handicap spaces.

The_Pioneer

Alma fans wear Aquaman underwear.

CIA

I heard Alma's high school library burned, such a shame, one of the books hadn't even been colored in yet.

The_Pioneer

Alma linemen collect Cabbage Patch kids.

BillyJack™

I love it! The PionWienEers being witty  8)

BillyJack™

P.F.G.

I take an afternoon off and this thread goes to the crapper.....

Paw-Paw

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 24, 2013, 10:44:50 pm
I take an afternoon off and this thread goes to the crapper.....

Well you and Dirt don't need to go out racing as much then. Plus Steve ended up calling the Alma FD and telling them there was a grass fire on the football field. They came a sprayed the ENTIRE field to ensure nothing would catch. ::)

Paw-Paw

Also, apparently the grounds crew took an extended vacation for Thanksgiving. The field might not even get touched until the day of the game. ;D

C-Mac 73

I was going to talk trash, but it appears that most Alma fans already know they don't have a chance.

C-Mac 73

This should be a very good ole fashion physical game.Lots of defense in this one and for the person who said batesville will dominate one simply doesn t walk into Airdale stadium and dominate Alma.Batesville won t intimidate Alma anymore than PA intimidated Morrilton and forgive me but which conference still has the number 1 and 2 seeds left GO AIRDALES AND DEVIL DOGS lets mak it a west showdown in the rock.
Lol. Sounds familiar.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: The Future on November 24, 2013, 07:02:30 am
Alma and Mills was suppose to be a good game. Now people are saying Mills was bad. Now everyone is saying Batesville is way to good for Alma. But once Alma beats Batesville , suddenly Batesville isn't as good as years past or Batesville just wasn't good to begin with. Oh it'll happen. Trust me.

Some people just don't know anything to do other than throw excuses.

All the "Alma having a easy road of byes" talk started just after they advanced to the semis.
No Future. You know better.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: photographer on November 23, 2013, 10:01:11 am
Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 23, 2013, 06:09:39 am
Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 23, 2013, 05:52:10 am
Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 23, 2013, 05:44:36 am
Baytzvull gonn punish

Nope. It'll be a low scoring affair especially from how bad that field got chewed up Friday night. Going to be a solid game. Haven't seen Batesville personally play since we last met in the playoffs in 2005.
Ah yes, 2005. I remember that game well. I will be making the trip to this game. Very excited about it!!!

Here you go C-Mac, something to watch and enjoy. 

+1

Not to discount your previous work (it has all been great), but I think this is the best so far!!!

ahsalum

I've heard we're going to concede this afternoon.

That way y'all won't have to bother driving over here Friday.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 25, 2013, 08:28:16 am

I've heard we're going to concede this afternoon.

That way y'all won't have to bother driving over here Friday.
Oh man. I was looking forward to your swearing.

P.F.G.

Dirt has been racing in Mexico since July. I haven't received any collect calls since he got a DWI on lap 2 and still won the race. You heard from him Steve?

photographer

November 25, 2013, 09:11:22 am #95 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:14:26 am by photographer
Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 24, 2013, 04:04:05 pm
Quote from: michael2370 on November 24, 2013, 01:15:17 pm

Q: Why do Batesville fans keep their season tickets on their dashboards?

A: So they can park in handicap spaces.

Funny!

ahsalum

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 24, 2013, 06:12:21 pm
Alma fans wear Aquaman underwear.

What's wrong with that.

Very comfortable.

photographer

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 25, 2013, 02:03:51 am
Baytzvull gonn punish

Nope. It'll be a low scoring affair especially from how bad that field got chewed up Friday night. Going to be a solid game. Haven't seen Batesville personally play since we last met in the playoffs in 2005.
Ah yes, 2005. I remember that game well. I will be making the trip to this game. Very excited about it!!!

+1

Not to discount your previous work (it has all been great), but I think this is the best so far!!!
Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 25, 2013, 02:03:51 am
Baytzvull gonn punish

+1

Thanks, we tried some new stuff this year.

ahsalum

What do you get when you put the girlfriends of a dozen Batesville fans in one room.

A full set of teeth......

sevenof400

How in the world did y'all gloss over this?

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 24, 2013, 08:23:21 am
I like a man who's not afraid to get dirty.    It makes it more fun.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas