• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton @ Harrison

Started by Gob-Fan, September 17, 2017, 07:42:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gob-Fan

Let's get this started! Morrilton has got the best of Harrison the past few years (not counting the forfeit). They easily rolled over Harrison last year. I think this is Harrison's year. I am definitely biased but I'm taking a Goblin victory this week by 2 TDs.

AT

Such a huge game for week 1 of conference play. Very well could look back on this and say in hindsight this was the conference championship game (I think my Airedales will say something about that, though ;) )

I had Morrilton winning this, but now I'm thinking Harrison. That being said, Morrilton is always tougher in conference than non conference while Harrison has tailed off in conference the past few years. That is history, though.

Maynard G Krebs

Game will decide if Moririlton is hype or not.

Overdahill

Harrison showed a lot hanging with LRCA. I'm thinking they take this one at home

redsport27

Quote from: Overdahill on September 17, 2017, 09:21:18 am
Harrison showed a lot hanging with LRCA. I'm thinking they take this one at home
Agreed. That was a great matchup. Harrison is definitely prepared now after the LRCA game. I feel like it's a toss up, but my gut chooses Harrison in a close one. Intriguing game to open up conference

Bergman1820

I think Harrison will continue to do well offensively in this game. I expect their defense to tighten up a bit after the LRCA game.

Go Postal

I thought I already started this thread.  Oh well, let's use this one...

Deuceswild

lol Postal. I was thinking the same thing. One of Harrison strengths is tackling, against LRCA is was a weakness. If that gets corrected, we win this one. I know them boys are looking for some revenge after the last couple of years and definitely have the tools to do it. I don't see us taking the gas pedal off once the clock starts.

Gob-Fan

Devil Dog 17

Harrison may be the best team in the West. That plus the fact that they are at home should make them a slight favorite.  I see both teams putting up some points, Harrison 35 Dogs 31.  Man i hope i'm wrong.  Go Dogs!!!!

AT

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on September 20, 2017, 02:16:28 pm
Harrison may be the best team in the West. That plus the fact that they are at home should make them a slight favorite.  I see both teams putting up some points, Harrison 35 Dogs 31.  Man i hope i'm wrong.  Go Dogs!!!!

Don't usually see a non homer prediction. Very good. I do think it will be close, but I think Harrison gets over that hump of winning the big game they haven't been able to in the past few years.

Yellowcake

Two of my favorite non PA 5A teams. Would love to wee this one. Picking Harrison by 10.

Yellowcake

InYoGrill

September 20, 2017, 09:37:29 pm #13 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:45:42 pm by InYoGrill
I heard Motown going bring the hurt train on Goblinville. Devil Pups by 35. Criswell Express!  ;D ;D ;D

Voice- do you concur?  :o

Deuceswild

My wife takes pics at every game and I usually stay up all hours of the night, editing and posting to Facebook for the families. I can tell you this much, this is the most engaged team I have seen in years in Harrison. Looking at the pics I see every kid blocking and tackling. These kids want to win every play. We haven't had this kind of engagement in years. I saw every kid make a mistake last week at LRCA but never saw one of them give up. The character of these young men is amazing. They do know how the last couple of years went against Motown and fully respect that team but I like Harrison in a Thriller. Bring Back the October meeting of these two Halloween entities. Should be a great matchup regardless. Is tomorrow too early to tailgate? This week has been circled on my Calendar since the schedule came out.

PA Dad

Quote from: Deuceswild on September 20, 2017, 09:40:15 pm
My wife takes pics at every game and I usually stay up all hours of the night, editing and posting to Facebook for the families. I can tell you this much, this is the most engaged team I have seen in years in Harrison. Looking at the pics I see every kid blocking and tackling. These kids want to win every play. We haven't had this kind of engagement in years. I saw every kid make a mistake last week at LRCA but never saw one of them give up. The character of these young men is amazing. They do know how the last couple of years went against Motown and fully respect that team but I like Harrison in a Thriller. Bring Back the October meeting of these two Halloween entities. Should be a great matchup regardless. Is tomorrow too early to tailgate? This week has been circled on my Calendar since the schedule came out.

Kudos.  You captured what high school football is all about.  Can I come to your tailgate?

Deuceswild

Quote from: PA Dad on September 20, 2017, 09:43:18 pm
Kudos.  You captured what high school football is all about.  Can I come to your tailgate?
I wanted to come to yours last week. Actually watching that game right now, lol. You are always welcome to join. Perhaps we will meet late in the season and compare notes. Luv ur posts.

PA Dad

Quote from: Deuceswild on September 20, 2017, 09:49:57 pm
I wanted to come to yours last week. Actually watching that game right now, lol. You are always welcome to join. Perhaps we will meet late in the season and compare notes. Luv ur posts.

I love meeting the posters on this board.  I haven't looked at the brackets but if PA and Harrison meet in the playoffs I'd love to meet you and the other Harrison posters.

Yellowcake

I went to the first half of the Harrison LRCA game before I had to go report for chain duty at the PA game. Harrison indeed never quit even after falling behind a couple of scores. They have a running back who brings the wood with the rock and they all play hard. Would love to host Goblin fans in the playoffs. And rest assured, we will all get together if that happens.

On a side note, I stood on the Harrison sidelines for the first quarter and had a very nice chat with the Harrison AD. We were just standing there visiting when Harrison scored on the end where we were to cut it to 14-7. It clearly made one of the LRCA chain gang unhappy. He came over to us And asked if we were with Hrrison. He knew the one in the Goblin shirt was, and he knew the one in the PA shirt wasn't. We identified ourselves and he told me "you're going to have to get behind the fence." Complete tool "I hate PA" move. I obliged his ridiculous request. And the funny thing is, two of the guys on that chain gang are friends of mine I have known for years.

Needless to say, come October 6, I hope we mercy rule the mercy rule on them.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 20, 2017, 10:29:34 pm
On a side note, I stood on the Harrison sidelines for the first quarter and had a very nice chat with the Harrison AD. We were just standing there visiting when Harrison scored on the end where we were to cut it to 14-7. It clearly made one of the LRCA chain gang unhappy. He came over to us And asked if we were with Hrrison. He knew the one in the Goblin shirt was, and he knew the one in the PA shirt wasn't. We identified ourselves and he told me "you're going to have to get behind the fence." Complete tool "I hate PA" move. I obliged his ridiculous request. And the funny thing is, two of the guys on that chain gang are friends of mine I have known for years.

What's the saying - something like, "You can take a person out of Walnut Valley, but you can't take the Walnut Valley out of the person."

QuoteNeedless to say, come October 6, I hope we mercy rule the mercy rule on them.

Are you saying you want to beat them by 70?!  Haha

PA Dad

I think this game is the game of the week.. I think it's a toss up but, if forced to pick, I'll go with Harrison because they're at home.

Deuceswild

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 20, 2017, 10:29:34 pm
I went to the first half of the Harrison LRCA game before I had to go report for chain duty at the PA game. Harrison indeed never quit even after falling behind a couple of scores. They have a running back who brings the wood with the rock and they all play hard. Would love to host Goblin fans in the playoffs. And rest assured, we will all get together if that happens.

Needless to say, come October 6, I hope we mercy rule the mercy rule on them.

Well if u were with the AD, u probably saw me, I was the moron walking/running the length of the stands yelling like a little kid.... sorry my meds must've ran out that day. I was more gassed then the men on the field for sure. Hope u didn't hear anything coming out of my mouth. If so, sorry I got a lil excited. Won't happen again til tomorrow. But my conditioning coach(wife) probably won't let me run so much next time, just sayin.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: PA Dad on September 20, 2017, 11:57:56 pm
I think this game is the game of the week.. I think it's a toss up but, if forced to pick, I'll go with Harrison because they're at home.

Hard to pick one over the other in this match-up!   I'm going to go with the Goblins!  Love Go Postal's Images! 

FridayNightFans

Just getting caught up on some of the 5A chatter and the Yellowcake/sideline controversy is the funniest thing I have seen here in a long time.

I didn't know being on the chain gang gave you free sideline passes to any game in the state.  Is that how it works?  Or was it the PA shirt that entitled you to be on the sideline?  Scouting for Kelly?  Why were you even there in the first place to receive this terrible treatment from a member of the LRCA chain gang? 

A little creepy?  Pathetic?  Can't tell by the post who you got into it with, but if it was the former Razorback LB you made a wise decision leaving quietly I think.

Rocket23

I will take Harrison here since they are at home.  The Goblin rubbing backs are some of the hardest running players I have seen on a high school team in a long time.  They explode to the ball.  Their OC did a good job mixing plays up and changing it up at halftime as well.

Also the former Razorback on the chain crew was an OL not a LB.  I doubt it was him.  That is not in his nature.

AIREDALE25

Though one I think. I honestly think Harrison MIGHT run the table this year. So in a close game.
Harrison- 48
Morrilton- 36

Greyhands

Im picking my Goblins in a close game because we are at home. The team showed alot of character last week at LRC we had several chances to just fold and they kept playing.

Harrison  42
Morrilton 35

On a side note I was at the LRC game and I have to say the LRC fans were nothing but classy to my family. Except one little incident were some boy told my 6th grade daughter that she was a racist because she went to school at Harrison...

But heck kids are kids and thats the stereotype we have being from Harrison.

Marblehog

InYoGrill

I changed my prediction.  I heard Harrison cafeteria served delicious brruitoes and cheese dip for lunch. Kids are happy. 

Goblins by 41

;D

Go Postal

Time for the Goblins to BRING THE WOOD...

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on September 22, 2017, 05:01:24 pm
Time for the Goblins to BRING THE WOOD...

Oh geez Posty. So I need to start getting back into my photobucket tricks like I used to years ago? lol

Go Postal

Go Postal

DDogs 27 GOBS 14 Half
Morrilton will not be denied.

unofficial stats:

Motown
2 QBs 9 for 12 with 144 yds passing.  128 yds rushing.  272 yds total offense

GOBS
QB 5 for 14 with 42 yds passing.  133 yds rushing.  175 yds total offense.

Go Postal

September 22, 2017, 10:07:06 pm #33 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:16:06 pm by Go Postal
Tale of Two Halves
1st half Devil Dogs marking their territory and says, "I will not be denied".
2nd half Goblins grabs the newspaper and said, "Not in my house".

Harrison Golden Goblins  35
Morrilton Devil Dogs  34

Final.  GOBS take 3 victory formations in the last seconds to end game.  Heck of a 4 qtr on defense by both teams.
Goblins came back from a 21-0 deficit in the start of the game.

unofficial stats:

DDogs
2 QBs went 14 of 24 for 233 yds passing.  They had 169 yds rushing.  402 total offensive yds

GOBS
QB went 8 of 18 for 121 yds passing.  They had 252 yds rushing.  373 total offensive yds.

402+373= 775 total offensive yards in this game.

Congratulations Goblins!
These were 2 great teams out there tonight.  The rest of the West better take notes..

the voice

Congrats to Harrison, they made the plays at the end. Great game.

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on September 22, 2017, 10:07:06 pm
Tale of Two Halves
1st half Devil Dogs marking their territory and says, "I will not be denied".
2nd half Goblins grabs the newspaper and said, "Not in my house".

Harrison Golden Goblins  35
Morrilton Devil Dogs  34

Final.  GOBS take 3 victory formations in the last seconds to end game.  Heck of a 4 qtr on defense by both teams.
Goblins came back from a 21-0 deficit in the start of the game.

unofficial stats:

DDogs
2 QBs went 14 of 24 for 233 yds passing.  They had 169 yds rushing.  402 total offensive yds

GOBS
QB went 8 of 18 for 121 yds passing.  They had 252 yds rushing.  373 total offensive yds.

402+373= 775 total offensive yards in this game.

Congratulations Goblins!
These were 2 great teams out there tonight.  The rest of the West better take notes..

I thought this game would be close, but what a game!  Congrats to Harrison.  It still looks like a three way race in the West.

Drama Mama ™

Amazing game........ simply AMAZING ! 😊 #GOGOBS

Maynard G Krebs

Would have liked to see this game

Go Postal

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 22, 2017, 11:15:23 pm
Would have liked to see this game

Your wish is my command.  I will watch it again this weekend.  There are some WTH moments with the officiating crew.

Lumberjackfan1978

Way to make the come back Goblins

AT

A Morrilton-Harrison recap:

Q1

Harrison kicks off from the Harrison 40. Morrilton returns the KO to the Morrilton 35.

Morrilton ball
1st and 10 - 4 yard run to the Morrilton 39
2nd and 6 - Incomplete pass
3rd and 6 - 20 yard pass to the Harrison 41
1st and 10 - 4 yard run to the Harrison 37
2nd and 6 - 6 yard pass to the Harrison 31
1st and 10 - 7 yard run to the Harrison 24
2nd and 3 - 3 yard run to the Harrison 21.
Penalty against Harrison puts ball on Harrison 20
1st and 10 - 6 yard pass to the Harrison 14.
2nd and 4 - -1 yard run to the Harrison 15
3rd and 5 - 4 yard run to the Harrison 11
4th and 1 - 0 yard run to the Harrison 11
Turnover on downs.

Harrison ball
1st and 10 - 0 yard run to the Harrison 11
Penalty against Morrilton puts ball on Harrison 26
1st and 10 - -18 yard run to the Harrison 8
2nd and 28 - Incomplete pass
3rd and 28 - Incomplete pass
Penalty against Morrilton moves ball to the Harrison 18. Replay down.
3rd and 18 - -2 yard pass to the Harrison 16.
4th and 20 - Punt returned by Morrilton to the Harrison 49.

Morrilton ball
1st and 10 - 6 yard run to the Harrison 43.
2nd and 4 - 4 yard run to the Harrison 39.
1st and 10 - 39 YARD TOUCHDOWN PASS Offsides on the first try on the PAT. PAT Good

Morrilton - 7
Harrison - 0

6:00 1Q

Greyhands

What a game... the Goblins showed character last week but this week down 21-0 whew they showed us their hearts.

So many high and lows to this game it was crazy and hats off to those Devil Dogs they played their butts off.

and

God thanks for giving us football.

AT

Q1

Morrilton kicks off from the Morrilton 40. Harrison returns the KO to the something or other yard line. A penalty against Harrison puts the ball on the Harrison 16.

Harrison ball
1st and 10 - -1 yard run to the Harrison 15.
2nd and 11 - Morrilton intercepts Harrison's pass and returns it for a touchdown PAT Good

Morrilton - 14
Harrison - 0

5:10 1Q

Deuceswild

If you need me, I will be in the hospital for the next six days recovering from this... what a game. The resilience these coaches have instilled in these young men is something they can take with them for the rest of their lives. Gobs win, this town is rockin, but those young men are sleeping hard tonight. No chores for my son this week. Time for dad to pick up the slack!!!

Deuceswild

By the way pics are posted on Facebook under Harrison Goblin Football. Great pics of both teams. But there's a ton of them to sift through. Just wanted you all to know, the pics are there after every game. Got a few college visits coming up so some may have to wait until Sunday's to post but they will be there. Go Gobs!

AT

Q1

Morrilton kicks off from the Morrilton 40. Harrison returns the ball to the Harrison 30.

Harrison ball on the Harrison 30

1st and 10 - Incomplete pass.
2nd and 10 - 9 yard run to Harrison 39
Penalty against Morrilton puts ball on Morrilton 39
Penalty against Harrison puts ball on Harrison 47
1st and 23 - 0 yard run to Harrison 47
2nd and 23 - Pass intercepted by Morrilton who returns it to Morrilton 39

Morrilton - 14
Harrison - 0

3:00 1Q

AT

Q1

Morrilton ball on the Morrilton 39

1st and 10 - 61 yard touchdown run. PAT Good

Morrilton - 21
Harrison - 0

2:48 1Q

AT

Q1

Morrilton kicking off from the Morrilton 40. Harrison returns the ball to the Harrison 34.

Harrison ball on Harrison 34

1st and 10 - 1 yard run to Harrison 35
2nd and 9 - 6 yard run to Harrison 41
3rd and 3 - 2 yard run to Harrison 43
False start against Harrison puts ball on Harrison 38
4th and 6 - Punt that is returned to Morrilton 41.
Penalty against Morrilton puts ball on Morrilton 12

Morrilton - 21
Harrison - 0

:49 1Q

AT

Q1

Morrilton ball on Morrilton 15 (not 12)

1st and 10 - 2 yard run to Morrilton 17

Morrilton - 21
Harrison - 0

end of Q1

AT

Q2

Morrilton ball on Morrilton 17

2nd and 8 - 1 yard run to Morrilton 18
3rd and 7 - -3 yard run to Morrilton 15
4th and 10 - Punt returned by Harrison to Harrison 46.

Morrilton - 21
Harrison - 0

Early 2Q

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas