• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Hall vs. Camden Fairview revisited..

Started by cfradioguy, October 05, 2013, 05:06:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cfradioguy

One fans opinion on last nights game...

The Good...Trick or Treat 3 weeks early...Bulldogs pull off nicely executed halfback pass and on-side kick to
help stay in the game for awhile...
# 7 Kirk Baugh is shiftier than he looks...pretty good QB...
For CF...Deion Holliman again...nice punt return...Cards 2 Sophomore RB's combined for over 200 yards & 4 TD's...
Cardinal defense gives up less than 200 yards again...

The bad...Without Berry & Dooms WH defense would be in big trouble....
Cardinal Jr.DB Byron Keaton goes out with ankle injury...

The Ugly...
Even with Berry & Dooms WH's defense gives up almost 500 yards...
Camden Fairview still it's own worst enemy...7 penalties in 1st quarter alone...
ATTENTION...Camden Fairview student body...Kicking tryouts Monday after school...Everyone welcome...
although KO guy had 5 touchbacks...

I do believe both teams have playoffs in their futures...

Lionheart88

I'll agree with pretty much everything you said.  We just had no answer for CF's running game.  I didn't realize until yesterday just how many talented guys y'all have.  Do y'all have anybody that plays both ways?  It seems like most of our best folks do.  You just can't help but get run ragged by a team with that many bodies in the rotation.  I was sitting by a guy who played on some of Dollarway's title teams in the late 80s, and in the 4th he was telling me how slow we were looking.  I was like "Yeah, they've all been playing both ways all night.  CF's idea of "playing both ways" is playing offense and returning punts. Of course they're fresher."

I almost hate to say it, but I felt like the DB hurting himself was a bit of poetic justice.  He took a nasty shot late out of bounds on our WR, and came up limping his way back to the home sideline.

Tisdale being out hurt was bad for us.  That's another one that starts both ways, at RB(I really think Edgerson is the better back, but we needed the fresh legs) and FS.

Credit to Camden though, y'all have a heck of a football team.  I don't see who's going to beat y'all.  Like Greenwood, you could move up and be very competitive in 6A.  In fact, please do ;D  I actually overheard one of our managers and one of our players arguing post game about whether or not PB would beat y'all.

wing

Quote from: cfradioguy on October 05, 2013, 05:06:15 am

The Good...Trick or Treat 3 weeks early...Bulldogs pull off nicely executed halfback pass and on-side kick to
For CF...Deion Holliman again...nice punt return...Cards 2 Sophomore RB's combined for over 200 yards & 4 TD's...

The Ugly...
Camden Fairview still it's own worst enemy...7 penalties in 1st quarter alone...
ATTENTION...Camden Fairview student body...Kicking tryouts Monday after school...Everyone welcome...

Agree....we are our own worst enemy. Start a drive 1st and 35??? That's not good. Last week  and at Warren, I thought the refs were bad. This week, its all on the team. Offense was just not on the same page last night. They'll get it together before the playoffs.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wing on October 05, 2013, 09:34:02 am
Quote from: cfradioguy on October 05, 2013, 05:06:15 am

The Ugly...

Agree....we are our own worst enemy. Start a drive 1st and 35??? That's not good. Last week  and at Warren, I thought the refs were bad. This week, its all on the team. Offense was just not on the same page last night. They'll get it together before the playoffs.

Way too many dead ball penalties on offense...missed open receivers and things like that and we still won 39-3...that's crazy...I can't wait until we put it all together...offense, defense, special teams, and very few or no penalties...that's gonna be scary!

browning_gold_12

It shocked my that BK made a dirty hit like that. Really he is not that type of player. This team scares me. They are so sporadic. One possession they can't get 3 yds in 3 plays, very next possession they go 97 yds and score like its business as usual. Must clean up the dead ball stuff as well as the holds and blocks in the back, and find a frankin kicker!!! Y'all's QB was impressive running the ball. Big strong kid. What grade is he in?

Lionheart88

Kirk's a junior.  He's a heck of an athlete, two years ago he started for the freshman football and basketball teams, ran track, and started for the varsity baseball team, even had the game winning RBIs in the quarterfinal and the final against Chapel.  Last year he lost his chance to be a three year starter at QB when he broke his collarbone in the scrimmage against Malvern, but still managed to come back and see time at QB and made a start at safety in the playoffs, then had a few starts for the high school basketball team and was a regular starter for baseball again.  Look to see him again come basketball and baseball seasons this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas