• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mitch/Gus Thread Heap All new thread will end up here.

Started by RGP, January 14, 2007, 11:24:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you believe is the closest factual reason for Gus's departure?

Gus & Houston just didn't get along
10 (10.5%)
Gus is simply climbing(though debatable) the ladder
7 (7.4%)
Houston "misrepresented" to Gus his responsiblities
25 (26.3%)
Gus was told the truth, but failed to impact like he wanted
5 (5.3%)
Houston fired Gus
3 (3.2%)
It just wasn't going to work, differences to significant
13 (13.7%)
Houston is completely at fault
32 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: January 25, 2007, 02:53:24 pm

Razoryager

Also, I love how you always provide all this "verified" information, but never give a single shred of evidence to back any of it up.  With all the connections you have, perhaps you should look into a job in sports journalism.  You'd get the pulitzer every friggin year.

red23

Most colleges have already started, and the last day to enrolled at the universities have passed, that would be the only reason i could see that he would return.

RisonRacingFan

No meeting because Mustain was not allowed to rejoin the team..period..end of story.Red23 I believe you posted a link to Mustain saying he was enrolled at the U of A but not on the team.Mustain and Nutt were seen together in the Student Union talking..

tcockerham

The sad thing is if MM stays around the rest of the semester we are stuck, whether we like it or not, with a soap opera.  MM please just move on and don't put us through anymore.  I know he is only a 19 YO kid but still he is old enough to make his own decisions with his family input, but don't hold Razorback nation hostage with constant turmoil.  We are ready to move on and get closer as a fan base and a team and we need healing NOT dissension!

Footballer

So, you're saying a 19 year old kid shouldn't go to college because he'll bring drama? Mustain getting an education should be above all of his other issues.

not ray

I guess he'll be staying at home now.  Must be nice to have some cut your steak up for you.

eaglesflyhigher

Let him stay as a walk-on place kicker.

HA_Fan

He would have to be out of his mind to stay at this point.

RGP

Thanks for the article Cure. I thought it was pretty good...nothing special...

SMC

I think he is out of his mind to even stay as a student. Not worth it after all the media attention. Go take some University of Phoenix online classes or something, man.

jbell96

Quote from: mack on January 17, 2007, 08:27:48 am
Quote from: FF Chief of Staff of the Air Force JBELL on January 16, 2007, 11:25:04 pm
Quote from: mychal6419 on January 16, 2007, 11:11:57 pm
to all hog fans: McFadden and Jones   enough said.

to Gus and mm fans:  go to Tulsa boards.

To all idiots like you: McFadden and Jones can't play forever.

Enough said.

It scares me that guys like you are protecting our country.

That really hurts coming from someone as highly intellectual as you. ::)

thebigshot

January 19, 2007, 09:46:25 pm #1262 Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 10:03:43 pm by TheBigShot
Here is something to think about.

Will Mustang end up going to Arkansas state just like Nutt did when he was a QB in the 70's ?

Nutt played four games I believe as the starting QB when Ron Calcagni was hurt. Ron Calcagni got his starting job back. Nutt transferred to Arkansas State.

Is there any chances of Mustang will go to Arkansas State ?

By the way did anybody hear the lasted news about Ron Calcagni is now coaching high school football in Arkansas ?  ;D

Lance Bass

olemissjacket99

Quote from: TheBigShot on January 19, 2007, 09:46:25 pm

Will Mustang end up going to Arkansas state just like Nutt did when he was a QB in the 70's ?

Nutt played four games I believe as the starting QB when Ron Calcagni was hurt. Ron Calcagni got his starting job back. Nutt transferred to Arkansas State.

By the way did anybody hear the lasted news about Ron Calcagni is now coaching high school football in Arkansas ? He will be introduce the new head coach at....... Well, you just have to wait until Monday to find out where he will be headed.  ;D If you would like to know you could PM me.  ;)

where has he been coaching in the past years?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: President Ivan on January 19, 2007, 01:07:34 am
When you're finished, go back and read the part about the Springdale parents.  Broyles stated that football and the direction of the offense was a very small part of the meeting.

I can hear it now "B-b-b-but the parents tried to meddle by meeting with Frank!"  Not true.

Folks, I've been saying it for weeks.  I told you, I told you, I told you that those parents were being slandered and lied about.

I was right, and I have been right all along. Those of you ripping the parents have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

After all, the AD himself said otherwise.
So you can brag about saying you told us about the parents, but what about the play calling? I have been telling you Gus called all the plays. Broyles just said Malzahn has been calling all the plays. But I am sure that is not true. The parents part is, but not the play calling part.

RGP

January 19, 2007, 11:07:10 pm #1266 Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 11:43:49 pm by RunningGamePower
Just wondering, where does this rank on most popular threads in Fearless history. I've never seen any approach 1300 responses or 12,000 views, even if it is a heap thread....

invictus

By the way did anybody hear the lasted news about Ron Calcagni is now coaching high school football in Arkansas ?  ;D

This post is as true as about 95% of the others posted in the last few days.

jbell96

I think a good deal of your posts count towards that 95%.

invictus

Quote from: FF Chief of Staff of the Air Force JBELL on January 20, 2007, 12:17:43 am

I think the point flew over your head like most of Mustain's passes over his receivers.

jbell96

Quote from: invictus on January 20, 2007, 12:23:15 am
Quote from: FF Chief of Staff of the Air Force JBELL on January 20, 2007, 12:17:43 am

I think the point flew over your head like most of Mustain's passes over his receivers.

Actually it didn't. Most of your posts were just as idiotic and factless as the one you mentioned.

invictus

Quote from: FF Chief of Staff of the Air Force JBELL on January 20, 2007, 03:33:31 am
Quote from: invictus on January 20, 2007, 12:23:15 am

Actually it didn't. Most of your posts were just as idiotic and factless as the one you mentioned.

You're still missing it like a Damien Williams dropped pass. You have to think deep, but I've noticed your posts and that's not likely to happen.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: invictus on January 19, 2007, 11:58:15 pm

This post is as true as about 95% of the others posted in the last few days.
How can you take anyone serious that doesn't even know how to spell the player's name?

"Mustain."

xtremewildcat

Can someone, that knows Mustain, please tell me one thing. Is he as scatterbrain as he appears. I just get the impression that there is a logical explanation for his decisions the past year. I got the impression, when he changed hid mind about coming here, he never wanted to be a razorback. Why do you think he even considered coming here in the first place. He never really appeared to be very happy at UA.
Please, I don't want to here from people that are speculating like me. If you know this young man personally, tell me what he may be thinking.

invictus

Quote from: xtremewildcat on January 20, 2007, 12:16:14 pm
Can someone, that knows Mustain, please tell me one thing. Is he as scatterbrain as he appears. I just get the impression that there is a logical explanation for his decisions the past year. I got the impression, when he changed hid mind about coming here, he never wanted to be a razorback. Why do you think he even considered coming here in the first place. He never really appeared to be very happy at UA.
Please, I don't want to here from people that are speculating like me. If you know this young man personally, tell me what he may be thinking.

I don't know him at all, but I got the same feeling during the recruiting. He seems to have a hard time making up his mind and just decided to land at the U of A. I wonder if he has read the Demzette article this morning by Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on David Lee? I think Mustain has talent but has never been really developed as a QB. I wish he had given Lee at least a spring to see what he could do. As a matter of fact, I wish everyone would just give him a chance to see what he can do with whatever QB's we have.

mtindian42

Quote from: the man on January 15, 2007, 02:35:22 am
if this is true...its not nutts fault,its not franks fault...its all malzahn. he would be a dumba$$ to leave arkansas and go to tulsa as a co-offensive coordinator. i dont like nutt one bit, but he will have more wins with arkansas than tulsa. i mean come on, they hired a coach from rice that had a its best season in a while that is compared to an ok Houston nutt season(7-6). oh and did i mention that he hired six of his previous assistants from rice. and the only reason it was an ok season(or a great season in rice standards) was because of the good receiver they had.

if malzahn goes...he will be classified as an idiot. a complete idiot. we are talking his name is located in the dictionary defined as idiot.

this will ruin his career. give him one or two more years as OC at arkansas and will he land a HC job somewhere,wether its arkansas or not it would happen.

i hope the "savior" Gus Malzahn is not this stupid.
Quotelol... looks brilliant to me  ;D

Valleysports

Quote from: mtindian42 on August 27, 2014, 07:08:27 am
if this is true...its not nutts fault,its not franks fault...its all malzahn. he would be a dumba$$ to leave arkansas and go to tulsa as a co-offensive coordinator. i dont like nutt one bit, but he will have more wins with arkansas than tulsa. i mean come on, they hired a coach from rice that had a its best season in a while that is compared to an ok Houston nutt season(7-6). oh and did i mention that he hired six of his previous assistants from rice. and the only reason it was an ok season(or a great season in rice standards) was because of the good receiver they had.

if malzahn goes...he will be classified as an idiot. a complete idiot. we are talking his name is located in the dictionary defined as idiot.

this will ruin his career. give him one or two more years as OC at arkansas and will he land a HC job somewhere,wether its arkansas or not it would happen.

Quotelol... looks brilliant to me  ;D

Great find mtindian - not exactly a ruined career!  ;D

olddog79

Quote from: olddog79 on January 15, 2007, 01:03:59 pm
IMO, Gus sees this Tulsa job as next the next stepping stone to a BIG D-1 job.
I doubt that he stays very long. He plans on being the next Steve Spurrier and will do WHATEVER it takes to get there.

I'm not a big fan of him personally...but I believe he will be successful wherever he goes.

Arkansas' loss...Tulsa's gain.   Spin it anyway you want, but this isn't going to help our program.
I wish all my prediction were so accurate. He's BIG TIME now.

Eddie Goodson

My predictions about him are too. Climbed right up the backs of those kids to get to the college level and then insult them for all the crap Nutt did to them by saying it never happened.

Valleysports

Huh?  Wish people didn't always hate - everyone who's ever been through Arkansas is hated by someone.  Whatever drama went down way back when is done - chips have fallen.  So anyway, he sure sounds smart on camera - it's good to have successful Arkansas Representatives. 

Eddie Goodson

Has zero to do with him being at Arkansas. The oldtimers here were on to his game fifteen years ago shen he was at SC.

footballfan-tastic

Everybody has opinions on this topic.  Its clear the GM is no better a person than most of the rest of us out there, he climbed the ladder the same as most folks.  Took advantage of his opportunities and used those he could to help him get there.  You help those you can but you primarily concentrate on your own success. 

TigerHawg

LOL oh there is a huge dish of crow for this man to eat :)

beach bum

Quote from: TigerHawg on February 05, 2015, 06:52:50 am

Wow, this is great.... lol

Tigerdad2

February 07, 2015, 04:56:06 pm #1284 Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:05:30 pm by Tigerdad2

This is hilarious

cuckoobird

Quote from: beach bum on February 05, 2015, 10:52:03 am

Is he a PG tiger? just wondering

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 12, 2015, 01:54:49 pm
Quote from: beach bum on February 05, 2015, 10:52:03 am

Is he a PG tiger? just wondering

Nope, just a better coach than the one we have right now. And that says a lot because BB is exactly what we needed after the Petrino and John L. Smith fiasco.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas