• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Memphis @ Greenwood

Started by High Voltage, November 18, 2017, 07:53:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Wins?

Greenwood
32 (56.1%)
West Memphis
25 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 07:53:43 am

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 22, 2017, 04:42:33 pm
Does your grammar website work on punctuation as well? After all, you have one of the biggest run-on sentences I have ever seen (note I took your advice) on your reply. Comma placement and proper sentence structure can be your friend...just saying!  ;)

By the way, I am still waiting to hear how many total state titles WM has in football?

You have a fine coach and the Devils have had a good season, but it comes to an end in a couple of days.

Happy Thanksgiving!

#ForksDown

Well I figured I wouldn't get too fancy that might've offended some of my hillbilly friends. ;D

Zero a big fat 0 that's how many state titles we have in football.

All of this doomsday talk is tickling me to high heavens if we lose we'll just lose aint nobody afraid of greenwood.

Mr_Deb

Happy Holidays to you as well Pr8hd! Have you and auntie' put out the mistletoe yet??  ;D

Hope y'all will be able to keep your paws off each other 😂

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 22, 2017, 07:02:01 pm
Happy Holidays to you as well Pr8hd! Have you and auntie' put out the mistletoe yet??  ;D

You are a complete idiot 😂😂. Hope you don't waste your time. Driving 4 hours to get here

westmem

Them devils going to chop some green woods down this Friday night

jeffslilbro

Better take a sharpener, that is a thick forest

High Voltage

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 22, 2017, 07:33:18 pm
You are a complete idiot 😂😂. Hope you don't waste your time. Driving 4 hours to get here
Oh no, I hope he does!

High Voltage

Quote from: westmem on November 22, 2017, 11:36:04 pm
Them devils going to chop some green woods down this Friday night
And you as well!

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 22, 2017, 07:33:18 pm

I'm thrilled to know you think so highly of me ;D

Pr8hd

November 23, 2017, 09:18:44 am #58 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:26:38 am by Pr8hd
Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 22, 2017, 06:55:42 pm

Zero a big fat 0 that's how many state titles we have in football.

Yep, funny I knew that. I just wanted to hear you say it....

As Ned Beatty finds out in  Deliverance get ready to come to the Wood and "squeal like a pig', after all you've "got a real pretty mouth."

FWIW, this is called an analogy by the way for your stereotypical views. Funny thing about stereotypes is that nowadays liberal tolerance dictates they are one-sided, so I'll keep mine to myself. Plus, we are all out of stress puppies to hand out to our opponents in GW. 

Lastly with this logic, I guess you must think of your coach as a hillbilly too, since he's from about 13 miles to the south of here much smaller than GW. I bet he can't wait to jump ship to a better job. Heck, my guess is that he'll be right there with his name in the hat for GW if ours ever decides to retire.

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 22, 2017, 07:02:01 pm

It's a shame you don't speak better of your sister' instead of putting that personal stuff all out here on the boards.

I guess you could come see her on Friday, but I guess you won't make it here to support her anymore than you will your team, right?

If you do come, be sure to keep in mind it's B.Y.O.B.  (Bring Your Own Banjo), Also, you need to keep in mind for proper planning that GW is the dry part of the county, so stop by the Fort and pick up a forty (or 2) of Olde English on the way.  :P

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 23, 2017, 09:18:44 am
Yep, funny I knew that. I just wanted to hear you say it....

As Ned Beatty finds out in  Deliverance get ready to come to the Wood and "squeal like a pig', after all you've "got a real pretty mouth."

FWIW, this is called an analogy by the way for your stereotypical views. Funny thing about stereotypes is that nowadays liberal tolerance dictates they are one-sided, so I'll keep mine to myself. Plus, we are all out of stress puppies to hand out to our opponents in GW. 

Lastly with this logic, I guess you must think of your coach as a hillbilly too, since he's from about 13 miles to the south of here much smaller than GW. I bet he can't wait to jump ship to a better job. Heck, my guess is that he'll be right there with his name in the hat for GW if ours ever decides to retire.

It's a shame you don't speak better of your sister' instead of putting that personal stuff all out here on the boards.

I guess you could come see her on Friday, but I guess you won't make it here to support her anymore than you will your team, right?

If you do come, be sure to keep in mind it's B.Y.O.B.  (Bring Your Own Banjo), Also, you need to keep in mind for proper planning that GW is the dry part of the county, so stop by the Fort and pick up a forty (or 2) of Olde English on the way.  :P

Blah blah blah... could you spare me the hillbilly ballad ;D

Almahasbeen

Quote from: jeffslilbro on November 23, 2017, 04:26:40 am
Better take a sharpener, that is a thick forest

+1 HAHAHA It sure as heck is

westmem

Them twigs please we probably need a butter knife 🍴 to cut them twigs down lol

beaverfan007

Don't underestimate a billy Elmore coached team just like 2007 when nobody gave Glen rose a chance to beat Shiloh. He got it done and I think he gets it done tonight beating a good Greenwood team

rona

Billy is a Great Coach, but Players play the Game. Greenwood continues to role. No one is going to stop them this year!

RD™

Final Thoughts:

Greenwood / West Memphis. Ten years ago I never thought something like this could ever happen or even be mentioned in same sentence as West Memphis. That long bus drive is worth 7. The friendly confines of Smith Robinson/the crowd/the fireworks/atmosphere is worth another 7. So it's 14-0 before West Memphis steps off the bus.

I think we see Greenwood's best execution this year. Rick Jones teams have done very well in Semi-Finals and have always scored a lot of points. If the West Memphis gameplan is to slow the game down, run the ball, control the clock. They will lose and they will lose ugly.

Final Prediction:
Greenwood 42 West Memphis 21

PrivateLesson

Made

westmem

We got to control the the clock blue devils make them pay

westmem

Quote from: RD™ on November 24, 2017, 02:21:58 pm
Final Thoughts:

Greenwood / West Memphis. Ten years ago I never thought something like this could ever happen or even be mentioned in same sentence as West Memphis. That long bus drive is worth 7. The friendly confines of Smith Robinson/the crowd/the fireworks/atmosphere is worth another 7. So it's 14-0 before West Memphis steps off the bus.

I think we see Greenwood's best execution this year. Rick Jones teams have done very well in Semi-Finals and have always scored a lot of points. If the West Memphis gameplan is to slow the game down, run the ball, control the clock. They will lose and they will lose ugly.

Final Prediction:

RD™

Quote from: westmem on November 24, 2017, 05:40:15 pm
We got to control the the clock blue devils make them pay
I hope that is WM's gameplan. If it is. I'll reserve my tix in LR next Friday.

westmem

Don't buy your tick yet because u may need a refund

RD™

1st Poss:
from Greenwood 33
Play 1 QB draw straight ahead 2d and 9
Play 2 out in the flat to HB 3rd and 2
Play 3 GW RB fights and gets the 1st down on 7 yard gain
Play 4 incomplete pass 2nd down and 10
Play 5 QB scramble for a 4 yard gain 3rd down and 6 on WM 48 yd line
Play 6 QB rolls right catch complete for 13 yards at WM 35 yard line 1st down
Play 7 QB keeper goes for a 1 yard loss 2nd down 11
Play 8 WR can't haul in pass at the 5 yard line 3rd down and 11
Play 9 GW WR can't haul in 50/50 ball at the 9 yard line. Defensive Holding on WM 3rd down and 1
Play 10 GW RB forges ahead 5 yard gain 1st down Greenwood on West Memphis 22 yard line
Play 11  GW RB goes for no gain 2nd down and 10
Play 12  GW WR can't haul in catch at the WM 13 3rd down and 10
Play 13 GW QB connects  on Wheel Route for 21 yard TOUCHDOWN! 

GREENWOOD 7 WEST MEMPHIS 0 1ST QT: 9:05

RD™

1st Poss: West Memphis
from West Memphis 20
Play 1: Hard Count offsides on GW
Play 2: WM RB up middle for 4 yard gain 2nd and 1
Play 3: WM RB up middle again for a 1st down run at WM 36 yard line
Play 4: WM QB connects to WR on slant route and he gets caught finally at the Greenwood 3 yard line
Play 5: WM RB is stopped in the backfield for a loss of 2 yards to GW 5 yard line
Play 6: WM QB Bootleg he walks in the left corner for BLUE DEVIL TOUCHDOWN

GREENWOOD 7 WEST MEMPHIS 7 1st QT: 7:10

RD™

2nd Poss: Greenwood
returns kickoff to the WM 25 yard line
Play 1: QB connects with WR for 2nd down 5
Play 2: Motion for WR pitch 1st down yardage to the GW 41 yard line
Play 3: GW RB goes dead ahead for a yard pick up 2nd down and 9
Play 4: GW goes 5 wide however a holding a penalty will negate a huge pickup
Play 5: QB is pressured had to throw ball away 3rd down and 14 for Greenwood
Play 6: Hard Count catches WM 5 yard penalty 3rd down and 9 from GW 42
Play 7: GW completes a pass however a holding penalty on WM defense is declined 1st down for Greenwood at WM 48
Play 8: GW false start 5 yard penalty 1st down and 15 for Greenwood from GW 48
Play 9: QB goes empty completes pass to WR to WM 44 yard line 8 yard pickup
Play 10: QB completes a pass in flat minimal gain 3rd down and 2 at the WM 40 yard line
Play 11: GW RB forges ahead going to be a measurement 4th down and inches
Play 12:  GW RB forges ahead 2nd effort gets 8 more 1st down and 10 Greenwood
Play 13: GW QB quickly to line incomplete pass 2nd down and 10
Play 14: Quick out 9 yard gain 3rd down and 1
Play 15: GW RB forges ahead and gets the 1st down at the WM 18 yard line
Play 16: QB rolls out and post route is complete for 18 YARD TOUCHDOWN PASS

GREENWOOD 14 WEST MEMPHIS 7 1st QT: 4:04

RD™

2nd Poss: WEST MEMPHIS
returnable kick to the West Memphis 18 yard line
Play 1: WM RB dead ahead and is met for minimal 1 yard gain 2nd down and 9
Play 2:WM QB rolls out and FUMBLES BALL WM recovers for a loss 3rd down and long
Play 3: WM QB looks for slant route and it hits ground 4TH DOWN
Play 4: WM punts - no return on punt to the Greenwood 44 yard line 2:35 1st quarter

RD™

November 24, 2017, 07:37:05 pm #76 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:39:18 pm by RD™
3rd Poss: GREENWOOD
from GREENWOOD 44 YARD LINE
Play 1: QB drops back - pass is batted down at LOS
Play 2: QB completes a pass out in the flat - 1st down yardage for 11 yards at the WM 44
Play 3: RB keeps fights across down to the WM 36 for 8 yards
Play 4: RB forges ahead FLAG on play ILLEGAL HANDS TO FACE 15 yd penalty moves ball HALF DISTANCE TO GOAL TO WM 14
Play 5: WR goes in motion hit hard at WM 13 for 1 yard gain
Play 6: GW  QB scrambles avoids pass rush gets drugged down at the 22 yard line
Play 7: QB rolls right unloads completes to WM 9 yard line (END 1ST QUARTER) 4th down
(START 2ND QUARTER)
Play 8: GW attempts a 26 yard FG from Right Hash - IT'S GOOD

GREENWOOD 17 WEST MEMPHIS 7 2nd QUARTER

RD™

November 24, 2017, 07:43:02 pm #77 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:45:37 pm by RD™
3rd Poss: WEST MEMPHIS
RETURNABLE FROM 10 - stood up at WM 28 yard line
Play 1: WM RB breaks 2 tackles but makes maybe 1 yard on play
Play 2: QB  avoids pressure scrambles and he is drug down for a huge sack at the WM 11 yard line 3rd down and very long
(TIMEOUT WEST MEMPHIS) 10:16 2ND QUARTER
Play 3: QB completes a pass in flat to RB he breaks a few tackles and FUMBLES at WM 20 yard line

4th Poss: GREENWOOD
Play 1: QB rolls right throwback wheel route caught at the 10 bulls his way in TOUCHDOWN GREENWOOD

GREENWOOD 24 WEST MEMPHIS 7 2ND QUARTER: 9:51

westmem

Congratulations 🍾🎊🎉🎈 greenwood don't blow us out that bad y'all tough best of luck in the championship

RD™

4th Poss: WEST MEMPHIS
(TOUCHBACK)
Play 1: WM playaction pass is complete for 2 yards 2nd down 8 at WM 22
Play 2: WM QB can't avoid pass rush and pass is batted down in mid air 3rd down and 8 from WM 22
Play 3: WM QB incomplete pass
Play 4: WM punts ball and it goes out of bounds to at their own 49 yard line

RD™

5th Poss: GREENWOOD
Play 1: GW RB goes straight ahead 2 yard gain 2nd down and 8
Play 2: QB completes pass to WM 41 yard line 3rd down and 2
Play 3: GW QB gets hard count and WM defense jumps offsides 5 yard penalty to 36 yard line
Play 4: GW RB goes to the right and makes a man miss down to the WM 16 yard line 7:24 2qt
Play 5: GW QB goes PA pass it goes incomplete almost intercepted by WM DB 2nd down and 10
(TIMEOUT GREENWOOD)
Play 6: GW QB  throws in flat to GW RB pushes down to the WM 17 yard line 9 yard catch 3rd down
Play 7: Gw RB drags defenders into endzone for 17 yard RUSHING TOUCHDOWN!

GREENWOOD 31 WEST MEMPHIS 7 2ND QUARTER: 6:29

RD™

5th poss: WEST MEMPHIS
(TOUCHBACK)
Play 1: WM QB completes slant pass for a good gain for 8 yards
Play 2: WM QB goes PA completes a pass missed tackle for 15 yards 1st down and 10 from WM 43 yard line
Play 3: WM QB looks left pump fakes has to scramble makes a defender miss 9 yard pickup 2nd down and 1
Play 4: WM RB goes up middle has 1st down yardage at the GW 44 yard line
Play 5: WM RB goes dead ahead up middle again for 4 yard gain 2nd down and 6
Play 6: WM QB  pump fakes  and WM WR makes a tremendous catch on sideline at the GW 11 yard line
Play 7:  WM RB goes up middle tripped up for 3 yard gain. Extra curricular activity UNSPORTSMAN on GW half distance to goal to GW 3 yard line
Play 8:  WM RB is stood up at the GW 1 yard line
Play 9: 2nd and goal from GW: GOAL LINE STAND FUMBLE ON PLAY GREENWOOD RECOVERS at their own 2 yard line

RD™

6th poss: GREENWOOD
Play 1: GW RB bounces to the outside and gets a huge gain for 21 yard gain
Play 2: GW RB keeps to the 26 yard line
Play 3: GW flips to WR on motion play 1st down yardage to the 37 yard line
Play 4: GW jumps false start 5 yard penalty
Play 5: GW RB  lowers his head and maybe makes a yard on the play 2nd down 14
Play 6: GW RB keeps to the left flipped over for 10 yard gain 3rd down and 4 at GW 44 yard line

HALF TIME
GREENWOOD 31 WEST MEMPHIS 7

The Future

I know comparing scores is not the most reliable source, but the Pine Bluff West Memphis final was 33-7. Whereas the Greenwood West Memphis halftime score is 31-7.
The Devils ain't helping with 3 fumbles, 2 of them lost, but here's a little nugget on how the Greenwood Pine Bluff matchup could be

RD™

Quote from: The Future on November 24, 2017, 08:11:59 pm
I know comparing scores is not the most reliable source, but the Pine Bluff West Memphis final was 33-7. Whereas the Greenwood West Memphis halftime score is 31-7.
The Devils ain't helping with 3 fumbles, 2 of them lost, but here's a little nugget on how the Greenwood Pine Bluff matchup could be
Pass Rush is killing WM QB.

RD™

SECOND HALF:
6th Poss: West Memphis starts from 20 Yard Line
PLAY 1: WM QB completes a wobbly pass for 4 yards 2nd down a 6
PLAY 2: WM RB tries right side for a minimal gain 3rd down and 6
PLAY 3: WM QB unloads has a man and couldn't bring it in 4th down and 6
PLAY 4: WM QB drops back for a quick kick down to the WM 49 yard line

RD™

7th Poss: GREENWOOD

Play 1: QB completes a quick hitter on WR curl route no gain 2nd and 10
Play 2:  QB looks deep WR was open on a straight post route, drops pass 3rd down and 10
Play 3: QB rolls right completes a pass down for 13 yards down to 36 yard line 1st down and 10
Play 4:   GW RB tries right side for a 3 yard gain 2nd down and 7
Play 5:  GW RB tries right side again open field tackle by WM stops him for no gain
Play 6: GW goes empty set WR is close to 1st down - comes up short of first down
Play 7: GW RB goes straight ahead for short gain, chain gang comes out 1st down and 10 from WM 26 yard line
Play 8:  GW RB goes to the right side 9 yard pick up
Play 9: GW quickly to line RB straight up middle 1st down yardage at the WM 14 yard line
Play 10:  GW RB has a hole and walks right in at the goal line TOUCHDOWN GREENWOOD BULLDOGS

GREENWOOD 38 WEST MEMPHIS 7 3RD QUARTER: 8:04

RD™

November 24, 2017, 08:48:41 pm #87 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:51:19 pm by RD™
8th Poss: WEST MEMPHIS
-muffs kickoff at the 2 yard line couldn't field the ball finally picked it up and was tackled at the 5 yard line

Play 1: WM QB unloads on slant route 1st down pass to the 19 yard line
Play 2: WM QB  gives to RB he runs into meat of GW D-line for no gain 2nd down and 10
(TIMEOUT WEST MEMPHIS 3rd QT: 6:49)
Play 3: WM QB scrambles to the right side and finds pressure incomplete pass 3rd down and 10
Play 4: WM QB looks left finds the slant route but he drops the pass incomplete 4th down and 10
Play 5: WM punts ball down to 42 yard line GW PR calls for fair catch and is kick catch interference is called on WM 15 yard penalty

Mr_Deb

Can't turn it over in the redzone on a good team like that... greenwood deserves some credit for that some  feisty hillbillies out there I tell ya 🐐😊

RD™

8th Poss: GREENWOOD

Play 1: GW QB gives to RB up middle and tripped up at the 25 yard line 2nd down and 6
Play 2: GW QB gives to RB goes right and gains a yard 3rd down and 5
Play 3: GW QB drops back finds GW WR on curl route 1st down yardage at WM 17 yard line
Play 4:  GW RB goes left bounces outisde fights for positive yard for 6 yard gain 2nd down and 4
Play 5:  GW give to RB maybe gets a yard 3rd down and 3
Play 6:  GW  finds GW WR on slant route fights into the end zone for GREENWOOD BULLDOG TOUCHDOWN 11 YARDS

GREENWOOD 44 WEST MEMPHIS 7 3RD QUARTER: 4:00
MERCY RULE IS INVOKVED

RD™

9th POSS: WEST MEMPHIS
-will start from 20 YARD LINE
-Unsportsmen like penalty on GW moves it to 35 yard line

Play 1: WM QB looks right - incomplete pass - 2nd down 10
Play 2: WM QB drops back scrambles steps up in pocket - 3rd down and 9
Play 3: WM QB had to scramble completes a pass for 4 yards 4th down and 5
Play 4: WM QB has to scramble lets it go and incomplete TURNOVER ON DOWNS

RD™

November 24, 2017, 09:03:10 pm #91 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:06:30 pm by RD™
9th Poss: GREENWOOD
-will start from WEST MEMPHIS 40 yard line
FALSE START ON GREENWOOD 1st down and 15
Play 1: GW QB gives to RB across to the 43 yard line 2nd down and 13
Play 2: GW QB gives to RB cuts through a hole up middle 3rd down

END OF THIRD QUARTER

I'm done with PBP it's over.

BULLDOGS BACK TO THE ROCK

Was told the West Memphis Blue Devils jumped up and down on the "G" on the 50 yard line before the game. That's a recipe for a onesided rear-stomping every time. Billy you know better.

Mr_Deb

November 24, 2017, 09:05:08 pm #92 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:07:26 pm by Mr_Deb
Welp looks like a long ride home for my Debs after having a great break out season, Greenwood is just too much for us to handle right now.

Good luck to y'all the rest of the way Bulldogs 😉

RD™

West Memphis scored on 2nd string

Greenwood 45 West Memphis 14

RD™

Quote from: RD™ on November 24, 2017, 02:21:58 pm
Final Thoughts:

Final Prediction:
Close enough

bulldogger15

Quote from: bulldogger15 on November 18, 2017, 10:09:27 am
And now Billy Elmore brings his West Memphis team home to get throttled 41 to 14 by the Greenwood BULLDOGS!

GO BULLDOGS!!!
I hate to say I told ya so. But.....

Pine Bluff is about to see what the Greenwood Bulldogs are all about. By the way, Coach Billy Elmore is a punk.

Smell ya later West Memphis!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Almahasbeen

Connor Noland is a dad gum sniper with that ball. Bulldog defense is just down right mean. Alma fans had a good time in greenwood. Y'all delivered!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Almahasbeen on November 24, 2017, 10:56:15 pm
Connor Noland is a dad gum sniper with that ball. Bulldog defense is just down right mean. Alma fans had a good time in greenwood. Y'all delivered!
+ 1

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: RD™ on November 24, 2017, 09:03:10 pm
9th Poss: GREENWOOD
-will start from WEST MEMPHIS 40 yard line
FALSE START ON GREENWOOD 1st down and 15
Play 1: GW QB gives to RB across to the 43 yard line 2nd down and 13
Play 2: GW QB gives to RB cuts through a hole up middle 3rd down

END OF THIRD QUARTER

I'm done with PBP it's over.

BULLDOGS BACK TO THE ROCK

Was told the West Memphis Blue Devils jumped up and down on the "G" on the 50 yard line before the game. That's a recipe for a onesided rear-stomping every time. Billy you know better.
Billy does know better. I hope ol' Billy Boy rode the bus back to the delta. Billy Elmore is a goat. Not G.O.A.T, really, just a goat. His West Memphis team was DOMINATED and he looked like a real tool.

Stay classy West Memphis! You have a real dandy for a coach. #NotWelcomeInGreenwood #ElmoreSmellMore #ClassyDude #WMFSABESD

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Mr_Deb

Sounds like someone may have 'dominated' a batch of moonshine last night. ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas