• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good news in Smackover......

Started by Proud Buckaroo, January 28, 2015, 03:37:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

January 28, 2015, 03:37:49 pm Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:59:23 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Smackover had very big visitor today. To my knowledge. They have not had anyone other than an Arkansas coach make a visit to Smackover...
But today around this morning. Nick Saban made a visit to Smackover! This makes me so proud to see my alumni getting the attention of other schools. After all the years of talent that has come through. This is a big deal. I'm not a crimson tide fan. But, it's a big deal to me to see this.

Lions84

Proud Buckaroo

Yes. But... Man, this is wonderful news.  Honestly.

Wilson

He may be the Devil. . buy most say he's the best in the game. . .good for Smackover

Wolfpack68

I know Norphlet didn't have a strong program, but do they have anyone that can contribute to the Bucs.

Proud Buckaroo

You seen several of them in the state championship game.

Clara Allen

PB can you say who he was looking at?

gatecrasher

Proud Buckaroo

He is trying to get Jordan to go to Alabama. But I do hope he spoke with other kids.

Clara Allen

Well good for him!   I'm not a fan of Sabin, but all for a kid getting the opportunity to continue his career!

Proud Buckaroo

He's comitted to arkansas already...lol.

jr17

Clara Allen

Hence why I am not a fan of Saban!   :)
No seriously, I wish the kid the best.  He's a heck of a player.

bleudog

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on January 28, 2015, 10:58:02 pm
He's comitted to arkansas already...lol.

He's verbally committed to Arkansas already...lol.  FIFY

CLICK HERE

Proud Buckaroo

Yes, Bleu. I know he's only verbally. But he is a DIEHARD arkansas fan. I'm hoping he holds his place in staying with Arkansas.

hoghelmet14

BigBrother

bleudog

January 29, 2015, 11:56:10 am #17 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:59:31 am by bleudog
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on January 29, 2015, 07:56:27 am
Yes, Bleu. I know he's only verbally. But he is a DIEHARD arkansas fan. I'm hoping he holds his place in staying with Arkansas.

Nothing but best wishes for the young man. Wherever he ends up, it's got to be an ego booster to have a multiple national championship coach drop by to say hi.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: jr17 on January 28, 2015, 11:12:37 pm
We said the same about KJ.
KJ was always on the fence though. This kid committed the second he recieved a offer. Happy to see in state kids be so excited about playing for the hogs. I wish Jones all the luck in the world! However I hope KJ doesn't set foot on the field. Go Hogs!

Skip Baymore

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on January 29, 2015, 10:29:56 am
STAY HERE:

More evidence that The Hogs are moving in the right direction.  Skipper.

adaptedtigerfan

Nick Saban doesn't want any of the kids from Arkansas...  He is going to offer and hope they come ...  They will never see the field @ Alabama.  Look @ Tenpenny.....    He don't want them...  But he would rather get them as for Arkansas to get them.   

Longfellow

That actually makes pretty good sense. Never thought of it that way

OB11

Saban can do that with a state like Arkansas that doesn't have an abundance of immediate impact talent coming out of high school.  If he can get a high level player to not go to Arkansas I think he has accomplished what he wanted to.  He may have no intention whatsoever of the kid ever seeing the field.  Saban, I think, would rather see a good player come sit the bench at Alabama than go to Arkansas and turn into a great player.     

adaptedtigerfan

Lineman

I've heard that before. It obviously means something if he shows some interest. Hopefully he can't be persuaded to change his mind.

DeeGee

Jordan Jones told Saban he's a home state boy and will not change his commitment. What he told me on Twitter was he told Saban the only time you'll see me on the field with you is when Arkansas plays yall. He said he's all Hog from head to toe!  Ready to see him do business in a Hog's jersey!

Lineman

Can't wait to hear "Storey to Jones, Touchdown Arkansas!!"

DeeGee

Wolfpack68

Quote from: DeeGoldie on February 10, 2015, 04:05:28 pm
Jordan Jones told Saban he's a home state boy and will not change his commitment. What he told me on Twitter was he told Saban the only time you'll see me on the field with you is when Arkansas plays yall. He said he's all Hog from head to toe!  Ready to see him do business in a Hog's jersey!
It sounds like he kind of called out Saban lol. I'll see you on the field boy!!! :o

jr17

WPS!!! Best of wishes to jones. Hoping to see him torch that Bama secondary.

Hootie

With the size, speed, and pure raw talent Jones has the sky is the limit for this kid. WPS Never Yield!!

cdelaney

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on February 10, 2015, 09:50:46 am
Saban can do that with a state like Arkansas that doesn't have an abundance of immediate impact talent coming out of high school.  If he can get a high level player to not go to Arkansas I think he has accomplished what he wanted to.  He may have no intention whatsoever of the kid ever seeing the field.  Saban, I think, would rather see a good player come sit the bench at Alabama than go to Arkansas and turn into a great player.     
With the scholarship limits, and even with the ability of Alabama to attract good players from many areas, I doubt he would use a scholarship on someone if he didn't think they had a good chance to play for him. Tenpenny was offerred and committed to Alabama before they had some other good backs to commit, like Derrick Henry. Yeldon was a year ahead of him also, and they have continued to recruit 4-5star RBs every year, and Altee just couldn't break through.
So if Saban made an offer to Jones, I believe he thinks Jones can play for Alabama. I don't think he really worries about sticking it to AR or any other SEC school or taking away their instate recruits unless they are good enough to help him win a national title.
I think Jones has a lot of speed, size, and raw talent, but I would not put high expectations on him early as I think he still has a lot to learn about being a high D1 level receiver. He will not be playing against short and slow 3A D-Backs in the SEC! I hope he becomes Arkansas' version of Amari Cooper though.

DeeGee

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on February 10, 2015, 07:17:44 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on February 10, 2015, 04:05:28 pm
It sounds like he kind of called out Saban lol. I'll see you on the field boy!!! :o

Yeap. He's hilarious!  Love talking to him. And a very respectful young man. But yeah, Saban wasn't in Smackover very long cause he basically got told where he go and that only place he will be seeing Jones' skills will be a Hog's jersey!

BUCK FEVER

Jordan has spent many nights at my house over the years with Trevor, I can assure Mr Saban  that Jordan will play only for the Razorbacks.

adaptedtigerfan

Tbh he needs to check out Elmo.  I don't understand why that kid hasn't signed.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on February 13, 2015, 03:52:15 pm

Might be grades...Think I heard that he was going the JUCO route...

DeeGee

Quote from: HF on February 13, 2015, 07:10:23 pm
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on February 13, 2015, 03:52:15 pm

Might be grades...Think I heard that he was going the JUCO route...

He is.

Proud Buckaroo

Jordan Jones has an offer for Ol'Miss now. As of May 5th, they paid him a visit at the school.  He has been offered by Alabama, Ol'Miss. He still remains verbally commited to the Hogs though.

BUCK FEVER

I hope Jordan's main focus right now is on LUMBERJACKS and DRAGONS.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 19, 2015, 01:13:44 am
Jordan Jones has an offer for Ol'Miss now. As of May 5th, they paid him a visit at the school.  He has been offered by Alabama, Ol'Miss. He still remains verbally commited to the Hogs though.
they paid him? sounds like ole mi$$.

Proud Buckaroo

June 06, 2015, 02:16:54 am #40 Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:20:02 am by Proud Buckaroo
Kaine McKnight signed with Texas A&M-Texarkana. -for baseball.

Proud Buckaroo

Good things came from the black/white scrimmage tonight. I was impressed with all the players.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 17, 2015, 10:58:02 pm
Good things came from the black/white scrimmage tonight. I was impressed with all the players.
I don't think you're supposed to say black/white anymore.

The King

Hootie

Jimbo Morphis

Pit Bull

Quote from: BigBrother on January 29, 2015, 10:52:42 am
Saban was lost. Lol

Not lost but another Tenpenny type of recruiting to keep him from being a Hog... Tenpenny was the best back in the State of Arkansas in his class, but he hasn't made any noise in the SEC because of his choice and probably won't...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 19, 2015, 09:55:35 am
Saban was lost. Lol

Not lost but another Tenpenny type of recruiting to keep him from being a Hog... Tenpenny was the best back in the State of Arkansas in his class, but he hasn't made any noise in the SEC because of his choice and probably won't...
won't for sure. he just got kicked off the team at unlv.

Pit Bull

August 19, 2015, 10:01:07 am #49 Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:59:58 am by Pit Bull
Quote from: Oldman on August 19, 2015, 09:56:45 am
Quote from: Pit Bull on August 19, 2015, 09:55:35 am
Saban was lost. Lol

won't for sure. he just got kicked off the team at unlv.

I wonder what his Alabama Fan uncle that helped influnce his school choice decision is saying now.... What a waste... Be careful when being recruited, it could be for the wrong reasons...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas