• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you had to cheer for another school, who would it be, and why.

Started by Mr.Fridaynight11, January 14, 2015, 08:00:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Fridaynight11

Greenwood would be my first choice, because of their proximity, and their tradition. almost everyone. I meet from their is usually pretty nice.
My second choice would be south side, because i have a lot of family and friends that played, and cheered, and graduated from there.

Longfellow

Well, this will come as no surprise, but seeing as how much time I have spent watching them play, I would go with Charleston.

WPWells

nastynice

Pottsville and Lamar because of their head coaches. 

-Painted Fan-

Prairie Grove- my alma mater
Fayetteville- spent a lot of time on The Hill, and have some good friends that went to school there
Junction City- tradition rich sports programs

Wolfpack68

I have family who plays and coaches for Texarkana so I'd have to go with them.

Clara Allen

Mineral Springs
Harrison
MS is my alma mater
Harrison is where my son coaches

HorseFeathers

Pottsville--because of their coaching ties to Hector(2 on the staff were at Hector not that long ago)...They run that offense that I grew up watching the Dead T...It's Deadly when ran to perfection...

DeeGee

NLR, because their my alma mater! 
Benton, Because I have family on the team.
Harding Academy, because my daughter goes there. (Yes it made it a family feud when we played them in 2012 state game)

beach bum

The tradition rich programs... I guess I am being a bandwagon guy in a way. But, mine are Greenwood, Camden Fairview, Charleston, Junction City, and many more winning programs I did not list because there are too many great towns, coaches, players, and people in my home state to list everyone. I have family and friends coaching back home so I use this great site to check up on how things are going  across the state. You insiders who post on here are what keep me updated. Thank you all who post here!!!!! And yes, I like to tell myself I am an insider as well  ;D ... I know plenty of you feel this way too.

Jimbo Morphis

WPWells

Since I'm supposed to explain my reasoning I chose Southside because it's my mom's alma mater (Charleston is my dad's)

cdelaney

cdelaney

DeWitt, just so I can read more of unhinged Harry's posts on FF

hoghelmet14

Which ever 4-3A team that is playing Charleston......

Why... cuz 12th Man is getting cocky winning all those games in a row! LOL

WPWells

HorseFeathers

WPWells

jr17

Harding Academy. Such a classy school. Always a pleasure to compete with them!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 15, 2015, 05:31:40 pm
True

Sadly if they beat Smackover to start the season(They aren't confident enough to think that it's a given this year I don't think), they'll smash the 63 game record I believe...

BigMan15

Hootie

Jalkuranis

Hmm, not Gwood for me. Too much beef throughout the days... I'd go with Mena, one of my buddies coaches there.

hornethigh-mhs

owl84

Fridaynightlights🏈

1-Adam-12

Stuttgart (used to live there and still follow the Ricebirds' fortunes)
GW (family there and like how overall program is run)

Skip Baymore

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on January 15, 2015, 10:11:45 am
Which ever 4-3A team that is playing Charleston......

Why... cuz 12th Man is getting cocky winning all those games in a row! LOL
I actually think that the 12th Man is a good guy (not that youre saying hes not) but just a serious homer.  I think he has some of the best things to say on this entire forum when it comes to discussing other teams, but ironically, his take on his own team is becoming hard to take objectively, or as being informative. 

WPWells

Thanks Skipper. I'll take that as a compliment. HH was just joking there (he's a good guy). I think most people on here know why I defend Charleston as vehemently as I do, and it has nothing to do with me. I can be objective, and I usually am at first, but the objectivity starts to go away once someone says something about them that I perceive as somewhat of a sleight

macadoshis

I always pull for Charleston when they're not playing the Warriors.  I take a lot of flack around here for that.  But no other team reached out to us like they did.  So they'll always be my #2 team.  Sorry Warrior Nation. I have a lot of friends that are Tigers. 

Clara Allen

Quote from: macadoshis on January 26, 2015, 08:52:44 am
I always pull for Charleston when they're not playing the Warriors.  I take a lot of flack around here for that.  But no other team reached out to us like they did.  So they'll always be my #2 team.  Sorry Warrior Nation. I have a lot of friends that are Tigers.
And we will forgive you for that, Mac!   
After last Thursday, I have to think really hard about it.  But come to think of it, it wasn't any of Charleston's doings that was the impetus of the turmoil.  So I can't fault them too much.
But I'll never cheer for some of the other 4-3AAA teams  Sorry bad blood

WPWells

Clara Allen

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 26, 2015, 09:09:09 am
I thought we were friends, warriorsforever2 :(
But we are 12th Man!  I can wish you guys well!  ANd I hope for good things, except when we tie up against each other.  Come on now!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas