• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris Coach Bryan Hutson steps down as HC after 8 seasons and will be Principal.

Started by papaeagle, January 07, 2015, 10:09:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

I've been to a lot of UCA Bears games (football). The BMB and Bear Den (student section) are both on the visitors side.
Only the blue hairs sit on the home side. The fun is on the visitors side.

-Painted Fan-

Back to topic:
I wish Coach Hutson success in his new endeavor. Good luck to you, sir.

Loyalfan1

WPWells

Loyalfan1

hoghelmet14

As of yesterday there is no vacancy at the Head Coach position at Paris....

Coach Jones

Loyalfan1

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on January 14, 2015, 10:14:01 am
Quote from: Coach Jones on January 14, 2015, 10:04:34 am
what does that mean?
Sounds like internal hire.

nope... LOL.... seems there is a thing called rules and laws.... and since Coach H has not formally tendered his resignation..... there is not an opening..... and by rules if I understood the School Board Member.... we have not officially put out for resumes.... its all technical stuff beyond my feeble brain to understand....

I want Gruden! LMBO

WPWells

hoghelmet14

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 14, 2015, 10:46:13 am
I heard Houston Nutt was interested

I thought we were friends?

and how can you complain about stirring the pot in the Coach K thread and then post blasphemy on our Coach thread????  LOL

RTF

WPWells

Because I was dead serious, right? It's one thing to attack Charleston and something different to personally attack me

RTF

So those Kendrick posts were all true?...... lol again Hyprocrite. ( not attacking if true my friend)

WPWells

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 14, 2015, 04:26:43 pm
If you can't see the difference then I can't help you
Cdelaney is confused by this particular line of bickering but pleased that 12th mans third person experiment seems to be over.

Truthfully

God guys! Here he goes again with the tit for tat conversation, never sticking to tread subject!  >:(    One of the reasons the Charleston posters on FF have a bad name in general.  >:(

hoghelmet14

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 14, 2015, 03:32:47 pm
Because I was dead serious, right? It's one thing to attack Charleston and something different to personally attack me

12th Man is a good guy..... yall leave him alone..... 

fbhound

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on January 14, 2015, 05:12:23 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 14, 2015, 03:32:47 pm

12th Man is a good guy..... yall leave him alone.....
I  need a crying towel Hoghelmet14!   On thread, any names you have heard interested in the Paris HC job?

WPWells

I'm glad that Paris posters have a good enough name on here that you can make a generalization like that (besides hoghelmet, he's a good guy)! Truthfully I haven't seen you do anything but whine about Charleston in a looooooong time! Sorry that you expect every single thread to be perfectly on topic

Now back on topic, I haven't heard any names. I have a couple ideas of people that might be intriguing candidates, but I don't know who would be interested. Does anyone know?

hoghelmet14

My source says we have about 7 apps.... I cant give out any names yet.

Eagle fan #3

Don't kid yourselves and think for one second that this "title change" will change Coach Hudsons heart! No way I see him being obsolete in the total coaching scheme of things. He loves the game, he loves these boys, and he will remain ever present in their ears next season. I predict changes in the 2015 season in more ways then the HC should be exciting, can't wait!

beach bum

I know one of the people who applied, however all I know is this looks to be some tough shoes to follow and will have plenty of qualified applicants to keep the positive vibes flowing in the 4-3A... Good luck to Coach Hutson on his next step(never met him but everyone who has posted make it obvious he was a class act), and good luck to all that applied to fill in his void.

WPWells

Question from something I skipped over earlier in the thread. Who was the administrator who went from Paris to Charleston?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 15, 2015, 10:55:51 am
Question from something I skipped over earlier in the thread. Who was the administrator who went from Paris to Charleston?

I know one went into selling insurance.

eagle-fan

Go back several years when Charleston did some new renovation and construction. Think the Paris admin was the Principal and became Superintendent at Charleston. Name was Harris and his son, Bob, had just graduated from Paris and later married Johnny Warren's daughter. Could have been 1997 or before. Ring a bell to any Charleston FF poster?  Things improved a lot during his tenure.

WPWells

Ummmm the new Charleston High School was built in 2005. Jeff Stubblefield was superintendent. Charles Harris was superintendent when I was in kindergarten and he passed away during the school year. I'm now a sophomore in college. Good try, but he had nothing to do with the new high school

eagle-fan

Well, it must have been about 1997 or before, as I said. If you were 5 in KG and about 20 now, then that was 15 years ago and about 1999-2000 timeframe that he was Super there then and died. Assume he was there a few short years.. A nice guy for sure. So, my mistake when I thought that he may have been involved with the planning and/or building things.. Bet he had a 'vision' to I improve things, no matter where he was..

Mr.Fridaynight11

Paris has a lot of potential. they always seem to have pretty good athletes, and a solid o-line. It could be a good program if the right person made a few changes.

Truthfully

Quote from: Mr.Fridaynight11 on January 15, 2015, 05:09:57 pm
Paris has a lot of potential. they always seem to have pretty good athletes, and a solid o-line. It could be a good program if the right person made a few changes.
Hutson turned the program around from winning 0 games or 1 game a year (except for one year before he came when they had a QB named Townsend and won 8 games, losing in the first playoff game) and Coach H then started the turnaround. Had good talent and went 8-8-9-10 wins and had 5 playoff appearances after year 2 and won a home playoff game for the first time. Read Papaeagle's summary on first post on this thread.

Paris has a problem coming up with good QBs and linemen on both sides of the ball in the same year. Seems like RBs have been fairly productive, but not deep in case of an injury. A problem is there have always been a couple of good athletes that end up going to Subiaco and playing there because the families are Catholic. Great as 8th graders, then move. During the 8-8-9-10 win run, Paris did not lose a good football athlete to Subi as they have the past couple of years. Our QBs then were a good complement to the great RBs Paris had, like Koenigseider, for those 4 years. Talent goes up and down at Paris, as everywhere else. Also discipline issues in the classroom and "me and I" egos have hurt during a couple of seasons with1-2 players quitting. Not the kind of players that any coach wants, walking on eggshells all the time with those players ... A team effort is hard to develop with those things going on coupled with low player turnouts in the mid 30s.

2A and 3A football are difficult to coach in. Talent varies so much and it's a constant battle getting the right person in the right place on the field. 4A has similar problems in the smaller schools.  Would be nice if the parents of students realized that the teachers at Paris are fantastic and that after taking care of and teaching them for 8 years, it might be nice to NOT go to Subi just because of being Catholic.. That's another long story to be debated.  The new coach coming in had better hope that some good athletes might move in or that a couple of Jr High guys might develop into an athlete.. I am a female, so what do I know but have followed Paris ball for a few years. Thank God Hutson turned things around and set the stage for someone else to come in and be successful fairly soon.

eagle-fan

Agree with you gal... Seems like Paris never gets a 'move in' like Charleston and Lamar get, and coupled with the switching to Subiaco Academy by the 10th grade, it seems like we are fighting a battle getting kids out and that are disciplined to be a team member and learn football the right way. We have always lost at least one good athlete a year to our next door 4A neighbor.  :(

I can tell you this: Paris coaches will not bow down and cater to an athlete that is a problem in classes or on the field of play just because he might be a potentially good football player. Parents love the attitude of the coaches now, caring about players and having the ability to coach them into being a better player AND person off the field. I have seen that for the past 8 years now and would not give that up for an extra win at the expense of having players disrespectful of each other or the teachers. Team work is how Paris has succeeded a couple of years that the talent base was not all that good. Paris has had an attitude of wanting to win, even when behind in the last quarter, believing in themselves. Without that mind set, you lose a lot of games that you could have won. Talent is not everything by itself. It has to be coached and improved over 3 years in the weight room and on the practice field.

To Coach Hutson and all his able assistants, I want to thank them for some exciting football these past 8 years and at the same time developing some great young men that will keep coming back to say hello to those coaches.  I still call my HS coach "coach" despite the passing of 40 years.  It is out of respect, pure and simple.  ;)

Eagle fan #3

I can confirm the above two post and let me add I would not recommend this move to any future Paris parents if you have the slightest desire to have a developed athlete, despite the bogus claim that the better education is there. Trust me I have been reminded on more then one occasion that an error in judgment on this matter can change the outcome of an entire season 😉

Moving forward now I can also confirm that this group of Eagles are natural born leaders that thrive on encouraging and building each other up. They have pretty strong leadership in key outgoing seniors that they have been able to learn under and this leadership is not just displayed on the field but throughout the entire class as we have an outgoing class president and an incoming class president that hold leadership positions on the team. This Eagle team has a desire to break records and make history that has been building since 3rd grade. Their intense drive alone makes them a success! GO BIG BLUE

fbhound

Great post Eagle fan #3!  1+ for you and well said. Yes, the vast majority of underclass athletes that becomes a Senior in the Fall has developed good habits and playing intensity under the direction of the coaching staff and are very mature in so many ways. Their "direction" has been a 6 year process. Good post!

And, I can tell you that the teaching staff at Paris is second to none, all very focused on teaching and molding our students, athlete or not. The FBLA program is one of the top 2-3 in Arkansas every year.

BigMan15

I have seen several programs and coaches and u may not like this but charleston coaches and paris coaches are so different..no offense to anyone but i personally have seen coach k work with ty from 630am till 10pm...coach k goes beyond his job title.the difference is at paris we have tons of athletes...tons..but theres no displine..i hardly ever see coaches staying late to help get better..thats why paris hasnt been great they dont understand the dedacation it takes to work with these players..thats football and basketball..chs allows students in the gym 8am-11pm any time they want they can shoot they can work out..paris says u have to have coach there at all times which is almost never..thats a big difference players that arent motavated just wont work hard..i only know of one coach at paris that works with the players more than average..the rest says well didnt u work enough in practice...also with the fact that no football players were allowed to even touch a basketball since summer makes the football player way behind..also the basketball athletes wont play football because of that...alot of things at paris need to change but most likely wont..thats why we will always be above average but no better..

Lineman

Any word on a replacement?  Spring ball will be here before we know it.

whippersnapper

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 26, 2015, 08:39:21 am
I have seen several programs and coaches and u may not like this but charleston coaches and paris coaches are so different..no offense to anyone but i personally have seen coach k work with ty from 630am till 10pm...coach k goes beyond his job title.the difference is at paris we have tons of athletes...tons..but theres no displine..i hardly ever see coaches staying late to help get better..thats why paris hasnt been great they dont understand the dedacation it takes to work with these players..thats football and basketball..chs allows students in the gym 8am-11pm any time they want they can shoot they can work out..paris says u have to have coach there at all times which is almost never..thats a big difference players that arent motavated just wont work hard..i only know of one coach at paris that works with the players more than average..the rest says well didnt u work enough in practice...also with the fact that no football players were allowed to even touch a basketball since summer makes the football player way behind..also the basketball athletes wont play football because of that...alot of things at paris need to change but most likely wont..thats why we will always be above average but no better..
The right hire can change that. If they "open" it up as in they actually plan to interview and hire rather then just promote. Which who knows? That conference is very competitive and could bring in unthought of names.

RTF

Paris has had a huge turnover in football coaches, a lot of unmotived hires. Coach Hutson is a great guy but you are right he didn't really stay late or get there early to practice( that I know of anyways). The same can be said of basketball however about the gym not being open, I know for a fact it used to be unitll some kids ruined it for everyone with they decided to steal and let SO many people in they started to destroy the gym( not giving a crap about it) so thats why they made it to where coaches had to be their, however if they can hire a really good coach who will stay for awhile then maybe good things will happen.

BigMan15

With that rule in place and not having coaches stay i can see why all of the good players go to subi..it has even crossed by mind..

RTF

BigMan15

RTF

True.. Some do... but it is what it is, you have a lot of Catholic families in that area. ( And some leave because they believe acdemics are better in private schools than public which I believe is B.S.)

eagle-fan

Hutson stayed 8 years, longer than anyone since the very early 1990s. And his teams set a few Paris records with consecutive season wins (8 - 8 - 9 - 10) and more playoff appearances than the coaches since the early 90s and the only home playoff win, so he and the assistants did turn things around. If you give negatives then give positives too.  Subi transfers have hurt a bit. And Paris did tie Charleston for the conference championship 3 years ago and Hutson got Coach of Year in 4-3A. Sounds like some FF posters were miffed that perhaps their son did not play as much as they thought he should. Coaches are paid to play the best person at any and all positions. No coach coaches to lose a game! Fair weather fans in all schools do more harm by spouting off their uninformed mouths.

Hutson was always in the field house weight room each day until noon during the school year and during the summer was there every day for those players who wanted to better themselves. Some people speak from lack of knowledge, those who show on Friday nights to blame everyone except their own family member who may have been on the "team" and didn't play or didn't play up to their potential. Sometimes players have to "want to" from deep inside and be self motivated a bit and not be pounded by coaches to do something they could not do.. Some Paris players did not improve from year to year and there were other circumstances that entered into play.. Those people know who they are...  negative people never help Paris' goals, going back to the 80s and 90s.. Fortunately only a few of those low lifes seek to be negative and post false information and never really know correct information.

eagle-fan

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 26, 2015, 04:47:20 pm
A lot of them...think of what paris could do with those kids back
Please post of what player went to Subi that could have made a REAL difference at Paris? Who from Paris excelled there as All State or All District or made significant statistical impact of Offense or Defense. A name of two please in the past 8 years.. Thanks.

BigMan15

Theres two or three there now...i dont have a son that plays football so not sure why i would be mad about that..more upset about the school..i am actually pretty good friends with hudson..i dont think its his fault..

Truthfully

Don't think for one minute that most HCs don't wish they had one or two different assistants but have to use who is already on staff or who the AD selects and such. in 7A and sometimes 6A FB, many HC hires are allowed maybe to bring one assistant with him.. In 2A and 3A FB you can bet that a new HC can NOT bring an assistant with him or fire or displace an assistant that is already in place. You have to mold the assistants into what you the HC wants to achieve and it often differs drastically from the prior HCs. The key is having the assistants buy into the new HC plans and in Paris since 2007, the assistants have always been on the same page. The HC has to instill that teamwork among the assistants. Many times if an assistant leaves, a school hires someone on the teaching staff who has been out of coaching a while or who may have been an assistant somewhere in the past. That is not always good, without a HC who can instill some values to his assistants. Assistants that do not 'fit' can not be fired in almost all cases or can not be reassigned somewhere at the same salary. 7A yes but not in 2A-4A ball. Hey, what do I know, I'm just a female, but I have seen 3 schools go through HC changes, the domino effect always happens. But, at least Hutson WANTED to come to Paris and drop from 7A to 3A ball (nobody does that!!) and come home. Staying 8 years proves he only would cease to be a HC if he could stay in an administrative roll and be part of Paris' school system. Being AD allows him to continue to be involved in all sports. A coach is always a coach at heart. Look at Coach Clay and Coach Van Meter as examples.. Life goes on. 
Truthfully, that is what I feel.   :D

Truthfully

Quote from: eagle-fan on January 26, 2015, 05:07:18 pm
Please post of what player went to Subi that could have made a REAL difference at Paris? Who from Paris excelled there as All State or All District or made significant statistical impact of Offense or Defense. A name of two please in the past 8 years.. Thanks.
I can not think  of any either.  But, as a team player and adding to team depth, an "athlete" can be developed to help with winning games. And, having 40 players out for FB is better than just 33 or so. Sure helps in case of injuries. Paris lost two games this year and one last year due to significant injuries to starters, and 'other' situational things happened in the classroom setting that left Paris short on a good second string player. Other players have extracurricular activities that take away from the discipline demanded by coaches. This varies from year to year and team talent ALSO goes in cycles. We need to just be fans and let coaches coach and administrators administrate and teachers teach.  :-*

minerjack

Quote from: Truthfully on January 26, 2015, 05:38:37 pm
Don't think for one minute that most HCs don't wish they had one or two different assistants but have to use who is already on staff or who the AD selects and such. in 7A and sometimes 6A FB, many HC hires are allowed maybe to bring one assistant with him.. In 2A and 3A FB you can bet that a new HC can NOT bring an assistant with him or fire or displace an assistant that is already in place. You have to mold the assistants into what you the HC wants to achieve and it often differs drastically from the prior HCs. The key is having the assistants buy into the new HC plans and in Paris since 2007, the assistants have always been on the same page. The HC has to instill that teamwork among the assistants. Many times if an assistant leaves, a school hires someone on the teaching staff who has been out of coaching a while or who may have been an assistant somewhere in the past. That is not always good, without a HC who can instill some values to his assistants. Assistants that do not 'fit' can not be fired in almost all cases or can not be reassigned somewhere at the same salary. 7A yes but not in 2A-4A ball. Hey, what do I know, I'm just a female, but I have seen 3 schools go through HC changes, the domino effect always happens. But, at least Hutson WANTED to come to Paris and drop from 7A to 3A ball (nobody does that!!) and come home. Staying 8 years proves he only would cease to be a HC if he could stay in an administrative roll and be part of Paris' school system. Being AD allows him to continue to be involved in all sports. A coach is always a coach at heart. Look at Coach Clay and Coach Van Meter as examples.. Life goes on. 
Truthfully, that is what I feel.   :D
I can think of at least four 4A schools and three 3A schools that have allowed the bringing of three coaches with them when they were hired and were allowed to demote coaches already on staff to just coaching Jr. High.

Lions84

Jabali

Quote from: RTF on January 26, 2015, 04:56:00 pm
True.. Some do... but it is what it is, you have a lot of Catholic families in that area. ( And some leave because they believe acdemics are better in private schools than public which I believe is B.S.)
"Common Core" is rediculous and stinks to high heaven. I don't think that private schools have to deal with that ignorance.

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: eagle-fan on January 26, 2015, 05:07:18 pm
Well according to Hutson he can name at least one that he's told me about that went to Subi that could've made a difference and did set records at Subi, of course I'm a little bias, but I agree with him! And as far as state and district players go...that actually has VERY little to do with a players talent an more his relationship with the coach. Also of note if a player is nominated for, let's say a dream team member, voted on by all coaches, that too can be taken away by the players coach based on his personal opinion of said player again not his playing ability.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas