• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All State selection? How is it selected?Wow

Started by mack truck, December 16, 2014, 07:43:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: young_gun on December 18, 2014, 02:13:07 pm
Voting for All State is Hard to do. In the 4-3A the head coaches get together and nominate the players they feel deserve the accolade. The coaches then put a 1 by who they think is first 2 by second and so on then they talley the votes the top 4 become All State selections. Top Back, Top Linemen, Top Special Teams, I think was the categories they had to choose from. Only the top overall of those categories gets an automatic invite to play in All Star Game. The coaches are the ones who watch film each week and break down film on these kids and know more about them than anyone so I'd say its a pretty good group of kids. Some of the kids may have just been left off the list by a vote.

So a coach could have a personal vendetta with a player and give them a 4 and give his player a 1?  When the 4 is clearly a 1 or 2.  Is that what you are saying?

The Dynasty

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on December 18, 2014, 02:42:34 pm
Quote from: young_gun on December 18, 2014, 02:13:07 pm
Voting for All State is Hard to do. In the 4-3A the head coaches get together and nominate the players they feel deserve the accolade. The coaches then put a 1 by who they think is first 2 by second and so on then they talley the votes the top 4 become All State selections. Top Back, Top Linemen, Top Special Teams, I think was the categories they had to choose from. Only the top overall of those categories gets an automatic invite to play in All Star Game. The coaches are the ones who watch film each week and break down film on these kids and know more about them than anyone so I'd say its a pretty good group of kids. Some of the kids may have just been left off the list by a vote.

So a coach could have a personal vendetta with a player and give them a 4 and give his player a 1?  When the 4 is clearly a 1 or 2.  Is that what you are saying?

The fact that Danville has two players on the team speaks volumes for how much thought and fairness the 4-3A coaches put into their ballot.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 18, 2014, 01:26:27 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 18, 2014, 01:22:23 pm
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 18, 2014, 12:09:00 pm
Jalk, if anyone thinks Taylor King didn't make an impact they are sadly mistaken.

I don't think he said that. He said good players are left off. That's how it works EVERY YEAR!!!!! Not everyone can make it, that's life, thats how it goes.

Go back a re-read the thread. That's exactly what's been said.

Dynasty, your the biggest cry baby on here. Go eat ice cream

The Dynasty

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 18, 2014, 04:15:51 pm
Jalk, if anyone thinks Taylor King didn't make an impact they are sadly mistaken.

I don't think he said that. He said good players are left off. That's how it works EVERY YEAR!!!!! Not everyone can make it, that's life, thats how it goes.

I might be, but at least I'm not looking at this subject from the perspective of a washed up old football player like you are. Take a step back and look at the facts. Then come over and let's talk about it over some Cookie Dough and Rocky Road ice cream.....

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 18, 2014, 04:45:54 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 18, 2014, 04:15:51 pm

I might be, but at least I'm not looking at this subject from the perspective of a washed up old football player like you are. Take a step back and look at the facts. Then come over and let's talk about it over some Cookie Dough and Rocky Road ice cream.....

Just stick to the round ball Dynasty! I'm more of a plain vanilla guy but I could do some Rocky Road.

WHITEchicken

Anotherturfmonkey...that is exactly right. I have seen it happen before because of someones attitude. Everyone knew the person should have got the nod and the person did not get it because of their attitude.

Clara Allen

Quote from: WHITEchicken on December 18, 2014, 05:08:10 pm
Anotherturfmonkey...that is exactly right. I have seen it happen before because of someones attitude. Everyone knew the person should have got the nod and the person did not get it because of their attitude.

While I was asking my son about voting procedures, he related a story about a player who wasn't nominated because of attitude.  That kids head coach did not want to reward poor attitude and leadership.  Not necessarily a vendetta.

Wolfpack68

I would agree that some coaches do have certain dislikes about player due to how good they are or where they're from. Probably due to a bad loss or how they wish they had that player.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas