• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All State selection? How is it selected?Wow

Started by mack truck, December 16, 2014, 07:43:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mack truck

Do they pick who they think earned it ? I dont get it.

WPWells

mack truck

I totally agree. I was trying to see why Fordyce didnt have atleast one player on there.Plus The Hempstead guy didnt make the list.Is this list created by coaches facts or is it political? Just voicing my opinion.Not trying to offend anyone.

Sick Dog

Who is playing in the All Star Game from that school?

mack truck

whippersnapper

Conference Coaches select them. Now how they do it by each conference is probably different. Some may do it by listing the top 8 offensive and 8 defensive players. The problem IMO is the big schools give out all state like candy and the small schools are slim pickens. I think the big 3 classes should get 12 all state players per conference, then the smaller 3 get 10. Also a flaw is the 4 "backs" (qbs, rbs, Db, wrs) and 4 "linemen" (also TE, FB, LB). Let it be open. Just simply an all state "X" position. No player should be snubbed because there wasn't enough spots.     

nastynice

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 16, 2014, 07:59:35 pm
Conference Coaches select them. Now how they do it by each conference is probably different. Some may do it by listing the top 8 offensive and 8 defensive players. The problem IMO is the big schools give out all state like candy and the small schools are slim pickens. I think the big 3 classes should get 12 all state players per conference, then the smaller 3 get 10. Also a flaw is the 4 "backs" (qbs, rbs, Db, wrs) and 4 "linemen" (also TE, FB, LB). Let it be open. Just simply an all state "X" position. No player should be snubbed because there wasn't enough spots.   
Very true!

Sick Dog

mack truck

The Gates kid from Fordyce had atleast 2000 all purpose yards and 28 touchdowns. He played both ways.Defensive,he had 60 something tackles.He was Fordyce's go to man !He carried that team on his back.He took Fordyce to the playoffs.I also know that one of their defensive players had over tackles.And Hempstead was more than deserving of this selection.He was a beast!Im not taking anything away from anyone else, they all are deserving.And with Fordyce finishing 3rd in the conference,looks like they should have had atleast one.

mack truck

Correction:Over100 tackles. TheFordyce kid.

Clara Allen

Ok. From my son the coach.  Coaches nominate their players and then the conference coaches vote.

The Dynasty

Taylor King-Charleston Tigers

117 Receptions 1559 yards 19 TDS didn't make All State.

Please find me a bigger offensive snub than that.

Danville had 2 all staters and were 5-6 and was absolutely blown out of the water every time the played a decent team outside of the Lamar game.

WPWells

Clara Allen

Who were the All Star nominees from 4-3A?   I know Lamar's nominee, who else?

RDP96

Is Allstate players selection only if you make the playoffs?  And when do they announce if you are selected to play in the Allstar game?

1-Adam-12

These should have been the all-staters from 4-3A.

Charleston--Storey, Posky, King
Booneville--May, Shack, Berry
Lamar--Sampley and Bauman

No offense to any other team, but nobody on any other team deserved one.

Beaver Fever

West fork has 3 all state players loses by 3 tds in the first round to fordyce who had 0 all state players.  Either there is a major flaw in the selection process or fordyce has much better coaches.

mack truck

DeeGee

Too many great players got shafted this year, and some on the list that, IMO, don't belong on the list. It's ridiculous. Just as the playoff bracket was ridiculous. I know the coaches vote for this list but I think there are too many mistakes for it to just be their votes. Why would some of these coaches do this to some of their best players? It's beyond me, just don't get it. Smh!

adaptedtigerfan

My opinion.  You need 1st, &2nd team...  Offense and defense.    Doesn't matter what conference.  Then you have 44 kids that make it.    Right now there are 48 that make it.  But it's 8 in each conference.   You don't need 4L and 4B from each one.....   You need 2 at each position!!! 

Clara Allen

Adapted, I agree with you.   There should be first and second team All- State.
It's done for all conference

The Dynasty

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 16, 2014, 11:22:25 pm
These should have been the all-staters from 4-3A.

Charleston--Storey, Posky, King
Booneville--May, Shack, Berry
Lamar--Sampley and Bauman

No offense to any other team, but nobody on any other team deserved one.

Wrap it, but a bow around it and stick it under the tree. Great post.

Still can't believes Danville got 2 players!!!!! I actually can't believe they got 1.....

The Dynasty

Let me take a stab at how this works in the 4-3A.

1) Charleston/Booneville drums the bottom 5 of the conference at will year in and year out.
2) Bottom 5 hate that this happens and decides to take a stand against success.
3) Bottom 5 comes together and puts votes in for Danville because they are one of the teams that didn't get drummed as bad as the other cellar dellars and made the playoffs.
4) Because of these votes players like King,Lynch,Gerlick,Jones, Ray,Berry get left off the list because the bottom 5 thinks everyone should go home with a trophy.
5) In 2015 start over at step 1 and do it all over again.

KOJACK

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 17, 2014, 08:36:19 am

1) Charleston/Booneville drums the bottom 5 of the conference at will year in and year out.
3) Bottom 5 comes together and puts votes in for Danville because they are one of the teams that didn't get drummed as bad as the other cellar dellars and made the playoffs.
4) Because of these votes players like King,Lynch,Gerlick,Jones, Ray,Berry get left off the list because the bottom 5 thinks everyone should go home with a trophy.
ding ding ding ding...we have a winner

DeeGee

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 17, 2014, 08:36:19 am

Sounds accurate. Probably that way for a majority of the conferences.

WPWells

mack truck

The Dynasty

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 17, 2014, 09:12:21 am
Left out Chris Williams

I was speaking on behalf of the skill players where you can easily compare numbers. It get's a little trickier when you start talking OL. The way this is set up an OL is a huge disadvantage. It would be tough for someone like Williams to make it because there 5 or 6 true stats to back up his impact on a game like there is on D. And coaches aren't going to take the time to look at how good he is on film after the fact.

WPWells

Here's another suggestion:

4 to conference champion
3 to runner-up
2 to 3rd place
4 other at-large spots (can be filled by one of the teams mentioned above, but they're guaranteed at least that many spots)

doggieskoot2

You just suggested 13 All State selections??  On that note, lets make everyone all state, oh yes, and give everyone a ribbon.  LOL.  It's not little league!

WPWells

Apparently that's what some coaches want. Tell me who in the conference deserved all-state (among skill guys) more than Taylor King besides Ty Storey

adaptedtigerfan

1st and 2nd team doesn't matter conf.  2 offense teams and 2 defensive teams.  By position.   That gives you 44 players where there are 48 now. 

WPWells

If we're doing that who would your suggestion be? And let's just say a kid can only make it once and is nominated for either offense or defense - not both

nastynice

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 17, 2014, 10:36:34 am
Apparently that's what some coaches want. Tell me who in the conference deserved all-state (among skill guys) more than Taylor King besides Ty Storey
Bryson May

WPWells

nastynice

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 17, 2014, 10:39:32 am
Okay anyone else? Forgot about May, sorry!

No one. King should be on there without a doubt.

The Dynasty

117 Receptions
1559 yards
19 TD's

That's one season!!!!!!!!

If I were Hyatt and Kendrick I'd get together before this next year and my ballot would be nothing but Bearcats and Tigers top to bottom. I'm not even going to bring up what I would do on the scoreboard during the year.

WPWells

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 17, 2014, 10:53:24 am
117 Receptions
1559 yards
19 TD's

If I were Hyatt and Kendrick I'd get together before this next year and my ballot would be nothing but Bearcats and Tigers top to bottom. I'm not even going to bring up what I would do on the scoreboard during the year.

Agreed

Clara Allen

117 Receptions
1559 yards
19 TD's

If I were Hyatt and Kendrick I'd get together before this next year and my ballot would be nothing but Bearcats and Tigers top to bottom. I'm not even going to bring up what I would do on the scoreboard during

Now now,  your boy did deserve consideration, and I wonder about the inclusion of the Danville kids, but I think Lamar should have had maybe one more as well.  But it is the coaches who did this.   There has to be a reason.  Just saying

WPWells

If Lamar wanted more they should have won more games. Who deserved it over King from Lamar?

OLDSCHOOL82

The farther you make it in the playoffs, the more are deserving.  Its a simple idea.  It takes more to get farther!  But, they dont wait until the end.  How does anyone actually know how an athlete ranks on the state level if they have nothing to compare to?

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 17, 2014, 12:58:18 pm
The farther you make it in the playoffs, the more are deserving.  Its a simple idea.  It takes more to get farther!  But, they dont wait until the end.  How does anyone actually know how an athlete ranks on the state level if they have nothing to compare to?

That's the first smart thing you have said in 5 months.  Congrats.

The Dynasty

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on December 17, 2014, 12:34:05 pm
117 Receptions
1559 yards
19 TD's

If I were Hyatt and Kendrick I'd get together before this next year and my ballot would be nothing but Bearcats and Tigers top to bottom. I'm not even going to bring up what I would do on the scoreboard during

Now now,  your boy did deserve consideration, and I wonder about the inclusion of the Danville kids, but I think Lamar should have had maybe one more as well.  But it is the coaches who did this.   There has to be a reason.  Just saying

Lamar was lucky to get 2. They got demolished by 3 top 5 teams and it wasn't even close. Next....

bigcat72

King is a great player but also bennificial of the system he played in . Put him on Boonevilles team and he probably does not have all state numbers. Same great player but different numbers.

The Dynasty

Quote from: bigcat72 on December 17, 2014, 02:19:23 pm
King is a great player but also bennificial of the system he played in . Put him on Boonevilles team and he probably does not have all state numbers. Same great player but different numbers.

The numbers are what they are. The exact same thing could be said if Storey played for B'ville or if May played at C'town. That's a horrible argument.

bigcat72

The person responsible for those numbers did get all state. That is the argument.

mack truck

I just feel sorry for the young men who work so hard to earn these selections and get let down because some coaches are too selfish to give credit to where credit is due.GOT TO BE HEARTBREAKING!

The Dynasty

Quote from: bigcat72 on December 17, 2014, 02:25:45 pm
The person responsible for those numbers did get all state. That is the argument.

So King wasn't responsible for his numbers?

nastynice

The coaches are not letting them down, there is only 8 spots. The system is letting the kids down.

nastynice

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 17, 2014, 02:35:05 pm
Quote from: bigcat72 on December 17, 2014, 02:25:45 pm

So King wasn't responsible for his numbers?
I think he's trying to say Storey inflated King's numbers.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas