• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 5-3A Confrence

Started by Wheels, December 14, 2014, 10:54:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheels

Thoughts on how the 5-3A confrence will look next year?

DeeGee

December 14, 2014, 11:03:32 pm #1 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 11:06:49 pm by DeeGoldie
Glen Rose will be better than this year. Gaining more than losing. Seniors next year will be pretty big and stout. Several fast players. Could be a very interesting year for them. I believe they'll have 11 seniors, 20ish Jr's and close to 20 sophomores.  I think they might surprise folks next year. But Prescott will be the top dogs in conference. They are pretty darn good!

snoopy22

December 14, 2014, 11:12:28 pm #2 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:24:08 pm by snoopy22
I think Prescott returns more than anyone in the state except Osceola, McGehee, Fordyce, and Centerpoint.  I also think Glen Rose will be much improved, BHG will be solid, and ECS will be dangerous.  My prediction for the 5-3A is.........
1. Prescott
Centerpoint, Glen Rose, Benton Harmony Grove, and Episcopal Collegiate will battle for the 2 through 5 spots.  Jessieville, Horatio, and Bismarck will be competitive as well, but I think they will be slight long shots for the playoffs.

Pastureboy21

Unless Prescott has major injuries or something, they will cruise to the playoffs this year

Wolfpack68

Glen Rose and Centerpoint will be very good next year. Prescott will win the conference next year.
1. Prescott
2. Glen Rose
3. Centerpoint
4. BHG
5. ECS
6. Jessieville
7. Bismarck
8. Horatio

Proud Buckaroo

I wouldn't really drop ECS down that far. They still have some talent coming back. Especially with Allie Freeman coming back.

Pastureboy21

ECS will still have a good team next year. And from what I have seen from this year, It looks like Centerpoint will be better than GR

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 15, 2014, 12:45:36 pm
I wouldn't really drop ECS down that far. They still have some talent coming back. Especially with Allie Freeman coming back.
You sure Mr. Freeman is coming back?

DeeGee

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on December 15, 2014, 02:18:36 pm
ECS will still have a good team next year. And from what I have seen from this year, It looks like Centerpoint will be better than GR

I wouldn't let this year's team fool you about next year. These Beavers are gonna have a much better season. Centerpoint is good though.

Wolfpack68

Well PB, they may not fall down that far, but I don't expect them to finish any higher than 4th. Freeman, Becton and Robinson can't do it by theirselves. If they have some kids step up, maybe 3rd. But that's a tough maybe. Glen Rose loses maybe like 4 players and some of them didn't even play. They will be tough. Centerpoint doesn't lose much either. They will also be very strong. BHG- 2 words- Jon Johnson. The only team that loses a lot is ECS. Thats why I dropped them that far.

DeeGee

Jon Johnson may not be able to play I've heard, because of his lung injury at the Horatio game. I pray he does because that boy is one heck of ball player. I'd hate for him not to be able to.
It would be just as bad for BHG as it was for us losing Carlos to injuries.

Wolfpack68

I knew he was hurt but I didn't know it was that bad. I hope he does get to play.

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on December 15, 2014, 02:36:21 pm
Is Pre$cott recruiting him?

Wolfpack68

Quote from: cdelaney on December 15, 2014, 05:22:47 pm
We have Brandon Walker. We'll be just fine without Mr. Freeman. He's a great player. No we aren't recruiting him.

DeeGee

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 15, 2014, 05:08:52 pm
I knew he was hurt but I didn't know it was that bad. I hope he does get to play.

Like I said that's just what I've heard. Don't know that to be fact though. I hope he does too, hate when bad things happen to such skilled players. They need him.

Wolfpack68

I hope he gets well. What's the latest on Carlos Burton?

DeeGee

December 15, 2014, 06:29:16 pm #16 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:48:50 am by DeeGoldie
He's being home schooled. He had some complications with bone infection after his latest acl  surgery. But is healing wonderfully and much faster than Dr's predicted. He's a fighter for sure. Last I heard he has signed his college papers and will be able to play again. They will red shirt him to give him an extra year to get back to 100%.
He's a beast right now! He's been doing weights and working on strength and size. He's huge compared to what he was last year. I'm oh so positive he is going to have a long career in the football world.
He's a great young man. Great motivator to the guys on the team still. Very humble person.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 15, 2014, 06:29:16 pm
He's being home schooled. He had some complications with bone infection after his latest acl  surgery. But is healing wonderfully and much faster than Dr's predicted. He's a fighter for sure. Last I heard he has signed his college papers and will be able to play again. They will red shirt him to give him an extra year to get back to 100%.
He's a beast right now! He's been doing weights and working on strength and size. He's huge compared to what he was last year. I'm oh so positive he is going to have a long career in the football world.
He's a great young man. Great motivator to the guys on the team still. Very humble person.
Where will he be attending college?

DeeGee

sprout

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 15, 2014, 04:59:51 pm
Jon Johnson may not be able to play I've heard, because of his lung injury at the Horatio game. I pray he does because that boy is one heck of ball player. I'd hate for him not to be able to.
Johnson is returning next season. He was cleared weeks ago and is getting ready for the US Army combine.

SuperTurfMonkey

Prescott
ECS
Centerpoint
BHG
Glen Blows :P
Bismark
Jesseville
Horatio

DeeGee

Quote from: sprout on December 15, 2014, 08:19:13 pm
Johnson is returning next season. He was cleared weeks ago and is getting ready for the US Army combine.

That's awesome! So very glad to hear that! He is such an amazing player to watch. I see him having a long football career as well. Really enjoyed watching him play this year!

DeeGee

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on December 15, 2014, 08:22:49 pm
Prescott
ECS
Centerpoint
BHG
Bismark
Jesseville
Horatio

Be nice!

Beaver Fever

Dee there is no college that will risk a scholarship on him after the problems he's had this year.  Remember college football is a business and that wouldn't be a good business move.  I can see inviting him to walk on.

DeeGee

Quote from: Beaver Fever on December 16, 2014, 06:36:05 am
Dee there is no college that will risk a scholarship on him after the problems he's had this year.  Remember college football is a business and that wouldn't be a good business move.  I can see inviting him to walk on.

Maybe so.
Please don't act as if I don't know about college sports. I promise you just because I'm a female don't mean that I'm a sports dummy. Pretty well educate, thanks!
He has had more than his share of bad luck this year. I pray 2015 is a much better year for him and his family.
I can't wait to watch little Miles play! That boy is just as amazing as his brother! Love him to death, he's so hilarious! 

KOJACK

Recruiting is such a strong word...but is he interested?  ;D

snoopy22

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on December 16, 2014, 07:44:29 am
I saw Allie Sr wearing jorts at the BBall tourney last week so something may be up?

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on December 16, 2014, 07:55:45 am
Quote from: KOJACK on December 16, 2014, 07:44:29 am
I saw Allie Sr wearing jorts at the BBall tourney last week so something may be up?
Just an early Christmas present...that's all ;D

DeeGee

Lmbo! You guys are cracking me up!

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 15, 2014, 08:32:07 pm
Prescott
ECS
Centerpoint
BHG
Bismark
Jesseville
Horatio

Be nice!
I am, I moved them up3 spots from where I had them last year😊

DeeGee

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on December 16, 2014, 11:05:39 am
Prescott
ECS
Centerpoint
BHG
Bismark
Jesseville
Horatio

Be nice!

I was meaning the Blows part sir! Lol

sprout

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 15, 2014, 08:31:10 pm

That's awesome! So very glad to hear that! He is such an amazing player to watch. I see him having a long football career as well. Really enjoyed watching him play this year!
Dee, have you heard anything about one of BHG's newer coaches possibly taking a job at GR? I have heard several talking but you know how that goes.

DeeGee

December 16, 2014, 02:25:52 pm #33 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:32:38 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: sprout on December 16, 2014, 01:23:55 pm

Dee, have you heard anything about one of BHG's newer coaches possibly taking a job at GR? I have heard several talking but you know how that goes.

No I sure haven't. But I been working a lot and not really around folks to hear the latest gossip in these parts lol. I can try and find out though. Which coach, Quinn? He's the youngest one I know at BHG. And we have a lot of coaches as it is. But I can see if anyone knows though. I knew there is a player that transfered from BHG to GR, but haven't heard about any coaches.

El Jefe

Prescott will be solid, but no threat to win it all. Centerpoint could surprise some folks, but other than that no one from this conference will be a threat.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: El Jefe on December 17, 2014, 09:21:20 am
Prescott will be solid, but no threat to win it all. Centerpoint could surprise some folks, but other than that no one from this conference will be a threat.
We talking state or conference El Jefe?

KOJACK

We'll see bro

crmorrow24

Quote from: KOJACK on December 17, 2014, 11:36:53 am
We'll see bro
I was thinking the same thing Kojack, Prescott could be better next year than this past year.  JS....

Wheels

December 17, 2014, 01:30:39 pm #38 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:32:52 pm by Wheels
Besides Pipkin, don't really know what Prescott has coming back but I know what their losing. Do you guys really see Prescott being better next year? They lose 2 of their top 3 receivers (Cone and Beasley), top two rushers (Stewart and Toliver) and top two defenders (Butler and Stewart). It's going to be hard to replace that kind of talent.

crmorrow24

Quote from: Wheels on December 17, 2014, 01:30:39 pm
Besides Pipkin, don't really know what Prescott has coming back but I know what their losing. Do you guys really see Prescott being better next year? They lose 2 of their top 3 receivers (Cone and Beasley), top two rushers (Stewart and Toliver) and top two defenders (Butler and Stewart). It's going to be hard to replace that kind of talent.
Butler will be back, as far as skill players we are loaded!  Trust me, we will be in the hunt next year.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: crmorrow24 on December 17, 2014, 01:41:49 pm
Quote from: Wheels on December 17, 2014, 01:30:39 pm
Butler will be back, as far as skill players we are loaded!  Trust me, we will be in the hunt next year.
Agreed. We're always loaded at skill. Lot is juniors and sophomores played this year. Not as much as 2013, but all of them played well. Also have a great freshman class coming up.

Longfellow

Prescott should be one of the top dogs heading into next year. I expect them to make a run for the title.

DeeGee

Quote from: Longfellow on December 17, 2014, 02:54:04 pm
Prescott should be one of the top dogs heading into next year. I expect them to make a run for the title.

I agree. They will be stout.

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 16, 2014, 11:07:32 am
Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on December 16, 2014, 11:05:39 am
Prescott
ECS
Centerpoint
BHG
Bismark
Jesseville
Horatio

Be nice!

I was meaning the Blows part sir! Lol
lol....that's what they call them in these here parts.😛

snoopy22

Prescott loses two running backs and replaces them with two great backs .  Prescott loses two receivers and replaces them with two great receivers.  Prescott loses a guard and replaces him with a part time starter.  Prescott loses two tackles that will be hard to replace, but have many prospects.  Prescott has the #1 quarterback in 3A returning.  Go back and look at the past champions and they all have one thing in common....a great qb.  Prescott has 7 starters back on defense, and if you count the non-conference 9 starters back.  The two senior defensive linemen did not start until conference started.  Defensively we lose a linebacker, a corner, and two defensive linemen.  Could easily be better than this past year.  Very experienced and very deep.  Of the big four (Charleston, Booneville, Smackover) from this year Prescott has more coming back than any of them.  Next year look for McGehee, Osceola, Fordyce, Harding Academy, Centerpoint, and Lamar to all have a chance to join those four in the top ten.  Glen Rose and BHG will be good and Episcopal could be okay, but lose too much in my opinion.  Rivercrest, Bald Knob and Barton, will be wildcards that could make some noise as well.

SuperTurfMonkey

it's rumors...lol...nobody wants to work for you know who....lol...nobody in this State of Arkansas, anyway!!!!!

Wolfpack68

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on December 18, 2014, 11:01:43 am

it's rumors...lol...nobody wants to work for you know who....lol...nobody in this State of Arkansas, anyway!!!!!
+1 Agreed. Completely agree. But I don't think he would leave if Kehener was there. BHG is in there good years now and I don't think they would leave. A good amount of money could settle that. He may be in several years if they go down, but I don't think so right now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas