• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 3A-4

Started by BearcatPride96, December 13, 2014, 09:37:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BearcatPride96

How does the conference look next season? Interested in predicted order of finish.

WPWells

I'll say

1. Booneville
2. Charleston
3. Lamar
4. Danville
5. Paris
6. Lavaca
7. Mansfield
8. Two Rivers

ChucktownTiger

I'll GO

1 Charleston
2 Booneville
3 Lamar
4 Danville
5 Lavaca
6 Paris
7 Two Rivers
8 Mansfield

Charlseton and Boonville both lose some
GREAT talent. However I know we have some great talent coming up at Charleston and am sure with their successful jr high this year, Bville will have the same. People are going to be quick to count us out after Ty leaves. No question we'll
Take a hit, that's a No Brainer. However I believe Rowland will
Step up and do a great job at the QB spot. We lose some GREAT recievers. I'm looking forward to seeing what the addition of Flanagan and Wisdom
Will do. They should come in and make a big splash next year. Bville and Ctown are in the same positions. Losing some of the towns all time great players. So with that I'm going with the BACK to BACK State Champs and 29-0 Charleston Tigers to repeat as Confrence Champs in 15. However they have a lot to prove. Let the Off Season Begin!!!!!

BearcatPride96

Will be interesting to see how Booneville and Charleston respond to losing veteran playmakers. It's my understanding that both Jr. High classes are loaded with talent. Cats should be back in State Title discussion in 2016.

WPWells

I think Cats will be back in 4A in 2016

macadoshis

Lamar returns the majority of its line and several skill players also. Two freshman lineman that go 280 and 320 will have to step up.  QB spot will be much bigger and will be called upon to run the ball a whole lot more than in the past.

Clara Allen

December 13, 2014, 05:06:44 pm #6 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:18:16 pm by warriorsforever2
For Lamar to be third in conference is a good thing.  I'm a little concerned about the QB position, but I honestly think we will be fine there!   We have had a nice taste of success and it is satisfying.    I feel we will bring our A game all next season.   Only 10 months!!!!!

macadoshis

Definitely big shoes to fill at QB.  We'll see

-Painted Fan-

Paris had a good junior high group which will move up to senior high next fall. I think the Eagles should probably take the playoff spot from Lavaca in 2015.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about Charleston next fall. We do lose a class of seniors that sport a record of 66-3 since 7th Grade- but that's not the only thing.
Charleston will have a brutal schedule in 2015, with only 4 home games (unless something changes). The Tigers will go to Ozark, Paris, Lamar, and Booneville. They get Danville, Lavaca, Mansfield, and Two Rivers at home. Shiloh Christian is slated for Razorback Stadium, and we travel to Gentry as well.

WPWells

I thought I had heard we were dropping gentry

ChucktownTiger

I truly believe Charleston and Bville are interchangeable. Even with Graduating these two classes, I think they are the two teams to beat. However the playoffs get tough. Smackover and Osceola will be stout, we know from experience!

How many returning starters does Danville have coming back?

hoghelmet14

Paris will be interesting next year.... depends on who the Coach is....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 13, 2014, 07:26:20 pm

DId Hutson leave? I seen his name was connected to a couple of openings...

hoghelmet14

Quote from: HF on December 13, 2014, 07:26:59 pm
Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 13, 2014, 07:26:20 pm

DId Hutson leave? I seen his name was connected to a couple of openings...

He is sorta kinda maybe been offered the High School Principals job...... if he takes it... and he most likely will.... then who knows....

The Dynasty

Until proven otherwise the Tigers are the team to beat. We lose a great Senior class no doubt. With that being said we had sophomores and juniors this year that had trouble getting on the field that would be playing a lot on any other team. Rowland will surprise a lot of people next year. The last two years combined between junior and senior high C'town is 45-1. I think we will be fine.

macadoshis

The Tigers and the Cats have to be the favorite until somebody knocks them off.  Should be a fun year next year. Not ready for football to end. Mine gets a little more contact over the Christmas break then we move on to baseball.

Wolfpack68

I think Paris could surprise people next year.

BigMan15

1 Cats
2. Lamar
3. Ctown
4. Danville
5. Paris
6. Two Rivers
7.Lavaca
8. Mansfield

-Painted Fan-

I remember when the group from 2004 graduated from Charleston (Drew Hill, Blake Bates,  Clay Cowley, etc.), there were so many question marks. Only 3 starters were returning on offense in 2005.
I ran into a former Charleston resident in Hastings as I was picking up my copy of the Hooten's book. I asked her how I thought the team would do that fall. She looked at me, laughed, and said "We won't win a game!".
I think we all remember how that season turned out.
Charleston has a great group of kids returning next fall. I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.
I'm not saying we're going to run the table like this year and last.
I am saying don't count the Tigers out just yet. It's going to be an uphill battle, but one that we welcome here in Charleston.
GO TIGERS!!!

BigMan15

I think the top 3 could be as little as a touchdown apart it should be a really tight race next year...

OLDSCHOOL82

Too early to tell for a lot of things.  Lamar has the tools to win out next year.  That is if they utilize the size of the line and the power game correctly.  Chuck loses alot as well as Booneville.  Booneville gets most of the line back but loses all the skill guys.  Too early to predict anything but right now its a toss up between chuck, lamar, and booneville. 

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 14, 2014, 11:09:32 am
I remember when the group from 2004 graduated from Charleston (Drew Hill, Blake Bates,  Clay Cowley, etc.), there were so many question marks. Only 3 starters were returning on offense in 2005.
I ran into a former Charleston resident in Hastings as I was picking up my copy of the Hooten's book. I asked her how I thought the team would do that fall. She looked at me, laughed, and said "We won't win a game!".
I think we all remember how that season turned out.
Charleston has a great group of kids returning next fall. I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.
I'm not saying we're going to run the table like this year and last.
I am saying don't count the Tigers out just yet. It's going to be an uphill battle, but one that we welcome here in Charleston.
GO TIGERS!!!

Great Post and points, some friends and I have been talking about the same thing. In 05 we played and won as a TEAM. Not all the wins were blow out and they sure weren't pretty but we played together and won together. This team has the potential to do the same. Will they play with a chip on their shoulder, like they have something to prove or will
They finish 2nd or 3rd in Confrence like many think, including some Ctown fans and poster. I think these guys and coaches will respond well and remind everyone that this isn't a 3 year success, we've owned the last decade and thats what we intend to do for another. Can't wait to see what the season has in store.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 15, 2014, 08:59:51 am
Too early to tell for a lot of things.  Lamar has the tools to win out next year.  That is if they utilize the size of the line and the power game correctly.  Chuck loses alot as well as Booneville.  Booneville gets most of the line back but loses all the skill guys.  Too early to predict anything but right now its a toss up between chuck, lamar, and booneville.

If Lamar takes full advantage of what they have and find themselves a QB, they'll B a scary animal in the 3-4a.

TheTruth2010

Lamar, charleston, or Booneville will win the conference. Lamar has to find a QB.

Proud Buckaroo

Are those 6'7" and 6'5" recievers back?

The Dynasty

Until proven otherwise someone has to beat C'town. 45-1 the last two years in junior high and senior high combined. Good post ChucktownTiger. I'll ad to it by saying at a conference level we have dominated the last 25 years. That alone keeps me from betting against the Tigers.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 15, 2014, 04:48:43 pm
Until proven otherwise someone has to beat C'town. 45-1 the last two years in junior high and senior high combined. Good post ChucktownTiger. I'll ad to it by saying at a conference level we have dominated the last 25 years. That alone keeps me from betting against the Tigers.

There is some truth to this.  Somebody does have to beat Chucktown at some point.  But Chucktown shouldnt end up being the team to beat.  They should be a real good team but they cant replace the guys lost during the past two years.  Next year, Charleston fans are probably going to have to remember what its like losing some games.  And even worse for some of the posters, they will have to remember what it is like when people don't expect or predict them to make it to the finals.

Clara Allen

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on December 15, 2014, 04:43:05 pm
Lamar, charleston, or Booneville will win the conference. Lamar has to find a QB.
Lamar will be fine at qb

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on December 16, 2014, 05:34:18 am
Quote from: TheTruth2010 on December 15, 2014, 04:43:05 pm
Lamar will be fine at qb

Who will run the offense for the Warriors? What grade will he be?

Clara Allen

Young man who has been biding his time.   Look for two great years....  And that's all I'm gonna say!

The Dynasty

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 16, 2014, 12:58:29 am

There is some truth to this.  Somebody does have to beat Chucktown at some point.  But Chucktown shouldnt end up being the team to beat.  They should be a real good team but they cant replace the guys lost during the past two years.  Next year, Charleston fans are probably going to have to remember what its like losing some games.  And even worse for some of the posters, they will have to remember what it is like when people don't expect or predict them to make it to the finals.

They can't replace Storey. Who in the NATION could? That being said we have always replaced talent with other talent that is just as good. This staff and team will embrace the fact that people and teams will not respect them this upcoming year. It's probably somewhat of a relief knowing the target on their back won't be near as big. We will be fine however.

I would say that B'ville is in the same boat. I'm not sleeping on the Bearcats. Tradition never graduates. That's the leg up the Bearcats and the Tigers have on the rest of the conference.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on December 16, 2014, 08:50:53 am
Young man who has been biding his time.   Look for two great years....  And that's all I'm gonna say!

So secretive, interesting! Lol No question, with a QB Lamar should be a solid team. Charleston plays them in Lamar. Let's hope they don't have the same crew from two years ago. Wow, that wouldnt be good for anyone

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 16, 2014, 09:02:02 am
Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 16, 2014, 12:58:29 am

They can't replace Storey. Who in the NATION could? That being said we have always replaced talent with other talent that is just as good. This staff and team will embrace the fact that people and teams will not respect them this upcoming year. It's probably somewhat of a relief knowing the target on their back won't be near as big. We will be fine however.

I would say that B'ville is in the same boat. I'm not sleeping on the Bearcats. Tradition never graduates. That's the leg up the Bearcats and the Tigers have on the rest of the conference.

+1 Couldnt have said it better! The tradition the Bearcats and Tigers have gie them a leg up in every game they play. Especially in the 3a- 4

The Dynasty

I know we beat it to death on here and the team kind of took the saying on as a motto during the playoffs but I think it applies for next year as well, especially on a conference level:

To be the MAN you have to beat the MAN.

Lineman

I think the target on their back will be replaced with a chip on their shoulder.  Tigers are going to play knowing they have something to prove. For many years charleston relied/thrived on a smash mouth swarming defense. I believe that will carry them the next few years.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Lineman on December 16, 2014, 10:14:16 am
I think the target on their back will be replaced with a chip on their shoulder.  Tigers are going to play knowing they have something to prove. For many years charleston relied/thrived on a smash mouth swarming defense. I believe that will carry them the next few years.

You hit the nail on the head Lineman. This D will be really good the next couple of years.

BAMA#16

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 16, 2014, 10:44:22 am
Quote from: Lineman on December 16, 2014, 10:14:16 am
+1

You hit the nail on the head Lineman. This D will be really good the next couple of years.

Clara Allen

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 16, 2014, 09:23:00 am
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on December 16, 2014, 08:50:53 am
C
So secretive, interesting! Lol No question, with a QB Lamar should be a solid team. Charleston plays them in Lamar. Let's hope they don't have the same crew from two years ago. Wow, that wouldnt be good for anyone
Not secretive, just not my place to say.   If the parties involved want it know, they will reveal!    But fellas, I enjoy a little mystery!!!

tweaky1

Last I heard the fullback (#2 I think) was in line to be the QB for lamar next. Expect a lot of power runs for the next couple of years.

cdelaney

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 16, 2014, 09:59:51 am
I know we beat it to death on here and the team kind of took the saying on as a motto during the playoffs but I think it applies for next year as well, especially on a conference level:

wow! Are we talking about Seal Team 6 or HS football. Maybe a little over the top? And you guys thought the Smackover posters were blowhards!

Jabali

Quote from: cdelaney on December 22, 2014, 10:34:49 am
Quote from: The Dynasty on December 16, 2014, 09:59:51 am

wow! Are we talking about Seal Team 6 or HS football. Maybe a little over the top? And you guys thought the Smackover posters were blowhards!
Don't mess with him. He has a 401-K. He draws it like a gun.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: tweaky1 on December 19, 2014, 09:30:43 pm
Last I heard the fullback (#2 I think) was in line to be the QB for lamar next. Expect a lot of power runs for the next couple of years.

I'm not sure I really see him being a QB.

adaptedtigerfan

He was the qb in jr high.

bigcat72

He was not the QB in jr high.

bigcat72

He ran some wildcat type sets but was not the QB. Ran that quite a bit at charleston that night.

BigMan15

He was qb in 7th grade

adaptedtigerfan

Does quite a bit equal every play?

bigcat72

We may be talking about 2 different backs. The junior running back #3 was the jr high QB on the undefeated jr high team when he was in 9th grade.  The big sophomore back #2 was not the jr high QB the next year.

Clara Allen

Quote from: bigcat72 on December 23, 2014, 04:32:40 pm
We may be talking about 2 different backs. The junior running back #3 was the jr high QB on the undefeated jr high team when he was in 9th grade.  The big sophomore back #2 was not the jr high QB the next year.
You are correct.  #3 was the qb when he was in junior high.  #2 ran the second offense this year at qb.  He played a lot of defense this past season

macadoshis

#2 played a lot of QB his freshman season.  And unless something changes, will run the offense next season.  I see the offense looking a lot like Dardanelles.  He throws the ball well, but you're right, I see a lot of midline reads and QB runs.  #3 is back at RB, so should be a pretty good one two punch.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas