• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville @ Mayflower

Started by Greenie, September 15, 2018, 01:13:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenie

First conference game week for the 3a-4. Danville has proved they are ready for 3a and are settling in nicely. Mayflower has had an impressive non-conference streak but i know nothing about them. Who is pulling this one out?

Proud Buckaroo

Greenie

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 15, 2018, 01:20:30 pm
Mayflower by 3 TDs.
i think Danville's D line and linebacker will hold the run game down. Danville also has the twins Evan and Eli in the secondary for the passing game. So i think this will be a dogfight instead of a blowout.

eldofan

September 15, 2018, 07:50:19 pm #3 Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:04:35 pm by eldofan
Trust me .  The twins are beasts . We saw that first hand at Pc last night

Grayte88

Mayflower wins big. Too much speed for Danville to keep pace.  The defense is really fast and starts 9 seniors. Danville will have to score 40 to have a chance.

panther07

Quote from: Greenie on September 15, 2018, 02:48:32 pm
i think Danville's D line and linebacker will hold the run game down. Danville also has the twins Evan and Eli in the secondary for the passing game. So i think this will be a dogfight instead of a blowout.

Absolutely zero chance you guys contain the twins. Not a chance. Need some turnovers big time to keep it respectable

Greenie

After watching film, i must agree that the twins are insane. Crazy speed and jukes. If danville's secondary can keep the outside contained and not give up easy yards. i think this could be a close game. BUT this is my opinion as i am from Danville. I wish both teams a good week and that we have a safe and good football game on friday.

xadboy

Danville had problems with containments against the edges. If they can or have improved on this, then Danville can make a game of this. If not it will be a long night for the littlejons. With that being said, Mayflower by 2 TDs. Good luck to both teams.

CoolBreeze

FoxandHound34

Thought y'all Line was gonna hold Mayflower in check Greenie?? What happened

Grayte88

DanvilleFan

Was a great one for a while....having 6 starters out is def hurting Danville, I think they'll get 2 back next month that will certainly help.  This game was much closer throughout than the score shows...14-14 half and 28-21 in the 3rd.  And way too many mistakes to count for Danville.  Mayflowers 1st drive started at the 1 after the snap sailed over the punter.  Not sure why they went away from what was working since Mayflower had no answer for 24.  Too many turnovers, big plays and very inconsistent passing to beat a really good team.

Allen T

Got to agree. Way too many mistakes against a good Mayflower team. Fumbles, turnovers twice inside the five, and our receivers unable to catch the ball. Can't say it was because of the rain because it was wet for Mayflower as well. Keep your heads up guys. Things will get better as the season goes along.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas