• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 4A Rivalry games

Started by phdefense, July 07, 2018, 04:59:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

July 07, 2018, 04:59:57 pm Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:36:05 am by phdefense
Let's compile the standout rivalry games for this season for those that might be looking for good game to go watch. Everyone gets an open week this year ;) List two games for your school #1 The best competitive rivalry and #2 The best historical rivalry please include the date of the games. I will update the post as people give feedback.

4A-1
Berryville
Gentry
Gravette
Green Forest
Lincoln
Pea Ridge: (Competitive) 10-05 @Gravette, (Historical) 10-12 @Prairie Grove
Prairie Grove: (Competitive) 10-05 @Shiloh Christian, (Historical) 08-31 vs Farmington
Shiloh Christian

4A-2
Bald Knob
Batesville Southside: (Competitive) 10-19 vs Heber Springs, (Historical) 08-31 @Cave City
Central Arkansas Christian
Heber Springs
Little Rock Mills
Lonoke
Riverview
Stuttgart: (Competitive) 10-26 vs Lonoke, (Historical) 08-24 @Dewitt

4A-3
Brookland
Cave City
Gosnell
Highland
Jonesboro Westside
Pocahontas: (Competitive) 10-26 vs Gosnell, (Historical) 11-02 @Highland
Rivercrest
Trumann

4A-4
Dardanelle
Dover
Elkins
Mena
Ozark: (Competitive) 08-31 vs Booneville, (Historical) 09-07 vs Clarksville
Pottsville: (Competitive) 10-26 @Dover, (Historical) 09-21 @Dardanelle
Subiaco Academy
Waldron

4A-7
Arkadelphia
Ashdown
Bauxite
Fountain Lake
Haskell Harmony Grove
Malvern
Nashville
Pulaski Robinson

4A-8
Crossett: (Competitive) 11-01 @Star City, (Historical) 10-19 @Hamburg
DeWitt
Dumas
Hamburg
Helena-West Helena
Monticello
Star City: (Competitive) 09-21 vs Monticello, (Historical) 10-12 @Dumas
Warren: (Competitive) 9-28 vs Star City, (Historical) 10-19 @Monticello

AirWarren

July 07, 2018, 05:01:09 pm #1 Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 05:55:57 pm by AirWarren
Warren vs star city (competitive)
Warren vs Monticello(historical)

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2018, 05:01:09 pm
Warren vs star city
Warren vs Monticello

Which is which man?

QuoteList two games for your school #1 The best competitive rivalry and #2 The best historical rivalry please include the date of the game.

x14113

Since most of the off weeks are in OOC play, I'll stick to the early slate for Ozark's pair:

Competitive: v Booneville (Week 1)
Historical: v Clarksville (Week 2)

Sports Guru

Crossett vs Hamburg is Historical
Crossett vs Star City is competitive

bigchief72455

Pocahontas
Highland is historical
Gosnell is competetive

bulldoghistorian

Star City
Monticello (competitive)
Warren (historical)
Dumas (historical)
In the 90's and in 2000, Star City and Dumas opened the season against each other.
Back in the 70's and 80's, they played thanksgiving day I believe.

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on July 08, 2018, 03:09:25 pm
Star City
Monticello (competitive)
Warren (historical)
Dumas (historical)
In the 90's and in 2000, Star City and Dumas opened the season against each other.
Back in the 70's and 80's, they played thanksgiving day I believe.

I played for SC '87-'89... we opened with Dumas every year then. Pretty sure that was the case for most of the '80's.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: 22 on July 08, 2018, 10:50:15 pm
I played for SC '87-'89... we opened with Dumas every year then. Pretty sure that was the case for most of the '80's.
Gotcha. My memory doesn't go back that far, so I really wasn't sure lol. I go back as early as 2000 and that's it! Ha!

beach bum

PRAIRIE GROVE:

vs Farmington (historical cause PG has a big record edge the last 2 decades however they are Hwy 62 neighbors)

vs Shiloh (competitive cause for a while PG was the only team who could occasionally beat Shiloh, and now PG has the edge though)

****Pea Ridge thinks they are a competitive rival, but look at the record overall in the series

prHOG13

For Pea Ridge most of the "rivalries" are within the past 8 years since there was a long period of irrelevancy prior to that... along with the shifting conferences due to continued growth.

1- Shiloh- of course hasn't always been competitive with Shilohs dominance period, but there have been some incredible games the last few years. Shiloh dominated from 2001-2010, but the 2011 game was nuts that we barely lost and then Pea Ridge won 4 in a row before getting beat by 3 last season in a bragging rights game. There's always a lot of talking during these games and it's fun to watch.

2- Gravette- in both football and basketball there's a lot of physical play and jawing. Pea Ridge has won 4 of the last 6, with Gravette winning all five matchups from '04-'11. I think this one is going to lose some luster with the new regime coming in for Gravette.

3- Prairie Grove- two programs that do not like eachother, but respect each other a lot. Guys like Isaac Disney and Jet Johnson were guys I really enjoyed following on the field and the banter leading up to the games. The last 5 years the winner of this game has won the 1-4A, but historically this one has been lopsided outside of the past 5 years. Our biggest fan beach bum will always downplay it, all while continuing to post about PR daily.

AirWarren

Quote from: prHOG13 on July 10, 2018, 09:15:22 am
For Pea Ridge most of the "rivalries" are within the past 8 years since there was a long period of irrelevancy prior to that... along with the shifting conferences due to continued growth.

1- Shiloh- of course hasn't always been competitive with Shilohs dominance period, but there have been some incredible games the last few years. Shiloh dominated from 2001-2010, but the 2011 game was nuts that we barely lost and then Pea Ridge won 4 in a row before getting beat by 3 last season in a bragging rights game. There's always a lot of talking during these games and it's fun to watch.

2- Gravette- in both football and basketball there's a lot of physical play and jawing. Pea Ridge has won 4 of the last 6, with Gravette winning all five matchups from '04-'11. I think this one is going to lose some luster with the new regime coming in for Gravette.

3- Prairie Grove- two programs that do not like eachother, but respect each other a lot. Guys like Isaac Disney and Jet Johnson were guys I really enjoyed following on the field and the banter leading up to the games. The last 5 years the winner of this game has won the 1-4A, but historically this one has been lopsided outside of the past 5 years. Our biggest fan beach bum will always downplay it, all while continuing to post about PR daily.

I love the PR vs beach bum banter.

It reminds me of the old star city warren banter haha.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 10, 2018, 01:13:18 pm

I miss the old Star City guys too.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on July 10, 2018, 01:13:18 pm

He's adorable and I respect the commitment to his craft.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldman on July 10, 2018, 01:29:27 pm
I miss the old Star City guys too.
Miss them like a toothache...

SouthernerPride

Southside Batesville
Competitive - Heber Springs
Historical - Cave City

Jimbo Morphis

whippersnapper

Lincoln and Westville will play for a trophy in week 1 in the now called Stateline Standoff. Have played for years just hasn't ever had a name.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldman on July 11, 2018, 06:40:11 am
They were fun.
Can't say it was fun, can say they kept it lively. Was never boring even though it was easier to talk to brick walls.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on July 11, 2018, 10:12:12 am
Can't say it was fun, can say they kept it lively. Was never boring even though it was easier to talk to brick walls.
Ok I'll go with the not boring. We didn't go all spring and summer without talking 8-4a football.

Gray lizard

For Pottsville
It would have to be Dardanelle first then Dover Just cause they are close.
You have to go back 6 years for a win against Dardanelle.  3 out 8 last years
6 out of 8 over Dover.

phdefense

updated to this point, sorry for the delay, I was out of state in Misery for the week

friscokid

Quote from: Gray lizard on July 11, 2018, 10:46:08 am
For Pottsville
6 out of 8 over Dover.

Pottsville-Atkins seems like a no-brainer rivalry.

Gray lizard

Quote from: friscokid on July 14, 2018, 09:02:27 pm
Pottsville-Atkins seems like a no-brainer rivalry.
Last time they played a game was 2011.  Showed to be a tie game. Not sure why that is not a nonconf game.  They do tend to set a tough nonconf.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Gray lizard on July 11, 2018, 10:46:08 am
For Pottsville
6 out of 8 over Dover.
Michael Perry was 3-1 against Dardanelle. Outside of that, Pottsville has never beat the Lizards.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Gray lizard on July 16, 2018, 10:55:07 am
Last time they played a game was 2011.  Showed to be a tie game. Not sure why that is not a nonconf game.  They do tend to set a tough nonconf.

Atkins dresses 25-30 kids. Pottsville dresses 45-50 kids. That's your reason why they don't play.

polksalet

Nashville and dequeen historic
Euless trinity competitive

BigGuy22

I think the way that the Shiloh-Pea Ridge rivalry has escalated these past few years it'll make it one of the better rivalries in the state. During The Tulsa Camp and the Fayetteville Camp there were a few skirmishes that broke out and a lot of trash talk between the two! Its gonna be a good Senior night game for Pea ridge this year!

ISU7

Gosnell at RiverCrest
always a dandy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas