• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 7A Girls Championship: Bentonville 3 Cabot 0 !Discuss!

Started by sevenof400, May 01, 2016, 04:28:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Let's use this thread to discuss any and all aspects of the 7A Girls State Playoffs.

7A Tournament: host Springdale Har-Ber High School
7A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Bentonville 3 vs Cabot 0

GIRLS:
Kickoff 10:00 am Thursday, Friday and Saturday in this quarter of the bracket
            1C (First round bye) - Bryant
3W vs 3E  --  Har-ber 6 vs NLR 0

Bryant 3 vs Har-ber 1

Bryant 0(4) vs Bentonville 0(5)

Bentonville 6 vs FS Southside 1

Kickoff 12:00 noon Thursday, 12:00 noon Friday and 10:00 am Saturday in this quarter of the bracket
            2W (First round bye) - Bentonville
2E vs 5W   --  LR Central 1 vs FS Southside 2

Kickoff 2:00 pm Thursday, 2:00 pm Friday and 12:00 noon Saturday in this quarter of the bracket
            1E (First round bye) - Cabot
4W vs 3C  --   FS Northside 0(3) vs Mount St. Mary 0(2)

Cabot 3 vs FS Northside 0

Cabot 4 vs Fayetteville 3

Fayetteville 1 vs Heritage 0

Kickoff 4:00 pm Thursday, 4:00 pm Friday and 12:00 noon Saturday in this quarter of the bracket
            1W (First round bye) - Fayetteville
2C vs 6W  --  Conway 1 vs Heritage 2

revolution

How good are all the 7A West teams this year?  Bryant has faced three - F.S. North and South (controlled both games comfortably) and then Fayetteville later, and that game finished in a 1-1 tie.  After the first 15 minutes of that game, it looked to me as if Bryant controlled the game, but just didn't finish and then a defensive lapse allowed Fayetteville to tie the game.  Which teams are expected to win the first-round games?

Cabot from the East is speedy and dangerous.  NLR rolled over when they faced Bryant, so hard for me to judge if they can make some noise.  What about Central?  Hard to tell from their schedule if they have a legit chance to advance.

Conway plays good defense out of the Central.  They gave Bryant two tough games, losing 2-0 then 0-0 (3-1 pks).  Mount had an off night against Bryant, so hard for me to judge their prospects, too.  We'll see them again Friday night, so hopefully for them they will bring their A game.

1234firecracker

In the girl's bracket, Cabot plays at 2pm Friday, not noon.
Also, in the AAA Girl's bracket posted on their site, they have Catholic listed as a #2 seed instead of Conway and Conway listed as a #3 instead of MSM.

sevenof400

May 08, 2016, 10:15:41 am #3 Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 10:21:37 am by sevenof400
Quote from: 1234firecracker on May 08, 2016, 08:02:48 am
In the girl's bracket, Cabot plays at 2pm Friday, not noon.

That was likely a misprint on AAA's part (they happen a lot) and I thought the same thing when they posted it.  Now that the time has been fixed, I'll change our info here.

Quote from: 1234firecracker on May 08, 2016, 08:02:48 am
Also, in the AAA Girl's bracket posted on their site, they have Catholic listed as a #2 seed instead of Conway and Conway listed as a #3 instead of MSM.

Since you are referencing Catholic (and not Mount St. Mary), someone at AAA was likely looking at the boys bracket and not the girls.  I also see that AA has West Memphis in as the #2 seed in the East.  That is incorrect as well as West Memphis was 0-6 in conference play and will not make the playoffs. 

Based on the scores posted here on Fearless Friday, gathered from MaxPreps and Twitter, I have the proper teams in the correct seeds if the results were accurate.  At present, AAA's bracket on MaxPreps is wrong.   

revolution

Who wins these first round games?

I'll go Har-Ber over NLR
Central over Southside
Mount over Northside
Conway over Heritage.

But I've only seen 5 of the 8 teams play. If NLR beats Har-Ber, I'd be surprised. And Conway should be a prohibitive favorite.

Let the games begin and good luck to all!

chaoslord

May 11, 2016, 05:30:56 pm #5 Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:43:09 pm by chaoslord
Har-Ber/Central/MSM/Conway is how I think the first round will go and I think is the most common result in the predictions so far.

I think it'll be a Fayetteville/Bryant final, with Fayetteville winning their first title since 2001. It's crazy that Fayetteville won the first four titles and hasn't grabbed one since but I think this will be the year they finally achieve it again.

Both semifinals could go either way, though. I don't know a lot about Cabot but I just have a feeling that could be the upset that knocks my bracket off. Add in a rematch of last years final in Bentonville/Bryant and wow. Har-Ber might be the place to be at on Saturday.

As an aside, I think Har-Ber is still using that grass field. I didn't have any games there this year so I don't know if any updates were done to it. Most of these schools now play on turf (it might be everyone but Har-Ber, honestly). I know their club games would have been on grass, but playing on a grass surface after playing on turf exclusively for multiple months now might be an interesting adjustment for the players. Might cause a problem or two! corrected below

onewildrice

We played Har-ber last week and played in the stadium on turf. 

chaoslord

Oh ok then. Scratch that whole part. Thanks, onewildrice!

FutbolPhan

May 11, 2016, 08:36:45 pm #8 Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:39:17 pm by FutbolPhan
Would only be fair to all of the 7A teams to play on turf since they only play on turf. I expected that the AAA would not let the host have an unfair advantage this late in the season...

revolution

Quote from: chaoslord on May 11, 2016, 05:30:56 pm
Har-Ber/Central/MSM/Conway is how I think the first round will go and I think is the most common result in the predictions so far.

I think it'll be a Fayetteville/Bryant final, with Fayetteville winning their first title since 2001. It's crazy that Fayetteville won the first four titles and hasn't grabbed one since but I think this will be the year they finally achieve it again.

Both semifinals could go either way, though. I don't know a lot about Cabot but I just have a feeling that could be the upset that knocks my bracket off. Add in a rematch of last years final in Bentonville/Bryant and wow. Har-Ber might be the place to be at on Saturday.

As an aside, I think Har-Ber is still using that grass field. I didn't have any games there this year so I don't know if any updates were done to it. Most of these schools now play on turf (it might be everyone but Har-Ber, honestly). I know their club games would have been on grass, but playing on a grass surface after playing on turf exclusively for multiple months now might be an interesting adjustment for the players. Might cause a problem or two! corrected below

No big deal, but last year's final was Bryant v. Fayetteville.  Bryant had beaten Bentonville in the semifinals (at Bryant). 

Bryant v. Bentonville was the final two years ago, with Bentonville winning.

Bryant's coach is resigning to become an administrator, and the team is graduating 8 seniors, so it will be interesting to see if the program is able to continue this run of success.

VHSCoach2

May 12, 2016, 10:54:02 am #10 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:47:19 am by VHSCoach2
Har-Ber 6, North Little Rock 0 - final

chaoslord

Quote from: revolution on May 12, 2016, 08:37:17 am
No big deal, but last year's final was Bryant v. Fayetteville.  Bryant had beaten Bentonville in the semifinals (at Bryant). 

Bryant v. Bentonville was the final two years ago, with Bentonville winning.

Bryant's coach is resigning to become an administrator, and the team is graduating 8 seniors, so it will be interesting to see if the program is able to continue this run of success.

Jeeeeez I'm dumb haha. Just ignore me.

revolution

Quote from: chaoslord on May 12, 2016, 11:35:35 am

Not at all.  I'm just hoping that Bryant can beat 3 NW Ark teams in a row in NW Ark to win their second straight title.  But I believe it will be incredibly tough and the odds would not ever be in their favor.

Bryant v. Har-Ber tomorrow.  Defending state champs v. home team hosting playoffs.  Should be interesting.

VHSCoach2

May 12, 2016, 12:21:48 pm #13 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:54:08 pm by VHSCoach2
Southside 2, Central 1 - final

onewildrice

VHSCoach2

May 12, 2016, 02:23:30 pm #15 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:20:59 pm by VHSCoach2
Northside 0(3), Mt. St. Mary's 0(2) - final

VHSCoach2

May 12, 2016, 05:05:05 pm #16 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:24:04 pm by VHSCoach2
Heritage 2, Conway 1 - final, 2 OTs

VHSCoach2

May 13, 2016, 10:27:04 am #17 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:34:41 am by VHSCoach2
Bryant 3, Har-Bar 1 - final

VHSCoach2

May 13, 2016, 12:16:14 pm #19 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:36:13 pm by VHSCoach2
Bentonville 7, Southside 1 - final

VHSCoach2

May 13, 2016, 03:20:01 pm #20 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:52:50 pm by VHSCoach2
Cabot 3, Northside 0 - final

VHSCoach2

May 13, 2016, 04:28:50 pm #21 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:39:49 pm by VHSCoach2
Fayetteville 1, Heritage 0 - final

chaoslord

Bryant and Bentonville scoreless at the end of regulation, overtime coming

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: chaoslord on May 14, 2016, 11:37:05 am
Bryant and Bentonville scoreless at the end of regulation, overtime coming

KFTM

chaoslord

Bentonville 5
Bryant 4

BVille wins on kicks after 0-0 match

chaoslord

May 14, 2016, 12:44:31 pm #25 Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:57:33 pm by chaoslord
Cabot up 1-0 on Fayetteville after like 5 minutes

E: 2-0 now, 25 til half

VHSCoach2

May 14, 2016, 01:46:12 pm #26 Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:40:52 pm by VHSCoach2
Cabot 4, Fayetteville 3 - final, 2 OTs

chaoslord

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 14, 2016, 01:46:12 pm
Fayetteville 3, Cabot 3 - overtime #2

And here I am stuck at a wedding. What a fun last semi final that is turning out to be

sevenof400

In an interesting contrast to the 7A Boys, the 7A Girls seem to be among the more balanced classes geographically speaking as the West did not dominate here.

revolution

Quote from: revolution on May 11, 2016, 04:33:51 pm
Who wins these first round games?

I'll go Har-Ber over NLR
Central over Southside
Mount over Northside
Conway over Heritage.

But I've only seen 5 of the 8 teams play. If NLR beats Har-Ber, I'd be surprised. And Conway should be a prohibitive favorite.

Let the games begin and good luck to all!

Just wanted to confess how wrong I was about the first round of games.

And also, I wanted to say how professional and excellent the Center officiating was in the Bryant v Bentonville semifinal. That Center controlled the game, was fair and let the girls decide the game without interjecting himself unnecessarily. That contrasted with the previous day's Bryant v Har-Ber game when the Center official changed the game in the second half and definitely seemed to have an agenda keeping the home team in the game.

Officials need to know that fans don't really want them to favor a particular teqm. Most just want a well-run game with impartiality. Bryant fans were much more satisfied with the officiating while losing Saturday than while winning Friday.

Good luck to Bentonville and Cabot in the final. That should be a competitive and exciting match!

VHSCoach2

Bentonville 3 (28', 71', 78'), Cabot 0 - final.

TigerHawg

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas