• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 8 (Monday, April 25th thru Saturday, April 30th) results here please!

Started by sevenof400, April 23, 2016, 09:00:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Past the six furlong pole and turning for home - more playoff spots have been clinched but several remain...

The Coach

Berryville @ Dardanelle

DARD VG 6 Berryville 1

DARD VB 1 Berryville 0

MB Hog

mijally

VHSCoach2

5A South:
De Queen VG 3, Hot Springs VG 0

5A Central:
McClellan VB 5, Fair VB 3

Beebe VG 8, Mills VG 0

4A:
Jacksonville Lighthouse VB 5, Westside VB 0
Riverview VB 1, St. Joseph VB 0
Mena VB 2, Malvern VB 0
Warren VB 7, ESTEM VB 0

St. Joseph VG 2, Riverview VG 1
Warren VG 5, ESTEM VG 0
Malvern VG 4, Mena VG 0

6A/7A:
Hall VB 5, Parkview VB 2

Bryant VG 3, Cabot VG 0

mijally

striker20

GobSoccerFan12

KCShinn21

chaoslord

The Coach

Quote from: striker20 on April 25, 2016, 09:32:52 pm
Any details on Berryville boys @ Dardanelle tonight?

Dardanelle controlled play from start to finish. Berryville had 2 legit shots on goal and never really threatened much. Dardanelle had multiple chances early and often to go up big and put it away but, Berryvilles keeper played an excellent game to keep them in it. Dardanelle will be conf champs with 1 more win vs Huntsville or Decatur.

Go Postal

striker20

Quote from: The Coach on April 25, 2016, 10:33:25 pm
Dardanelle controlled play from start to finish. Berryville had 2 legit shots on goal and never really threatened much. Dardanelle had multiple chances early and often to go up big and put it away but, Berryvilles keeper played an excellent game to keep them in it. Dardanelle will be conf champs with 1 more win vs Huntsville or Decatur.

Congrats to Dardanelle on the win! Well deserved. I'm sure dard will be conference champs no doubt. I want to see how it goes for Dardanelle at the state tourney, definitely a team for finals. Thanks for the update the coach.

Go Postal

onewildrice

TDK

Badger

VB

Catholic 3
Maumelle 0

Rogers 5
FS Northside 1

Bryant 4
Pulaski Academy 1

hogbert

MB Hog

Quote from: TDK on April 26, 2016, 08:23:22 pm
VG
Bryant 1
PA 0
Great game.  Questionable call with 2:25 to go.  PA free kick appeared to be the tying goal, but the ref waived it off saying it hit the football crossbar instead of the soccer crossbar.  Everyone on both sides thought it was a goal... ball was kicked at a low trajectory.  I don't even think it got above the height of the soccer cross bar anywhere along the way.

Also, not sure it is physically possible for the ball to hit the bottom of the football crossbar and go straight down into the goal without being blocked by the soccer crossbar below it???

Either way, it was any extremely hard fought game.  Both teams looked solid.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Here are some more scores for everyone:

4A:

Danville VB 6, Lead Hill VB 0
Huntsville VB 2, Decatur VB 1
Centerpoint VB 6, Baptist Prep VB 0

Baptist Prep VG 2, Centerpoint VG 0

5A:
Clarksville VB 3, Greenbrier VB 0
Valley View VB 3, Nettleton VB 2

Valley View VG 7, Nettleton VG 0
Lakeside VG 5, White Hall VG 4

6A/7A:

Mountain Home VB 2, Jonesboro VB 1
Springdale VB 2, Bentonville VB 1
Parkview VB 3, Sheridan VB 0

Northside VG 1, Rogers VG 0
Texarkana VG 2, Benton VG 1
Sheridan VG 6, Parkview VG 0
Central VG 3, North Little Rock VG 0
Fayetteville VG 3, Har-Ber VG 0

Non-Conference:

Mount St. Mary's 6, Episcopal 0 (Assuming this was JV?)

razorback

Warren VG 8  Monticello VG 1
Warren VB 7  Monticello VB 2

Another good night for Warren soccer!  Go Jacks!

GobSoccerFan12

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 26, 2016, 09:44:35 pm

4A:

5A:
Clarksville VB 2, Greenbrier VB 0

6A/7A:

Non-Conference:

Clarksville won 3-0

KCShinn21

WillC

Badger

striker20

AirWarren

Quote from: razorback on April 26, 2016, 09:48:12 pm
Warren VG 8  Monticello VG 1
Warren VB 7  Monticello VB 2

Another good night for Warren soccer!  Go Jacks!

Thanks to Saline River Chronicle for providing some short highlights. Enjoy!

http://salineriversports.blogspot.com/2016/04/lumberjacks-and-lady-jacks-record.html

Colt

Badger

Lionheart88

I should note that this was in 6 rounds of Kicks from the mark after a scoreless draw.

The boys game that followed ended 3-2 in Lakeside's favor, and featured probably the most cards I've ever seen in a game.  7-8 yellows split among both sides and a red to Lakeside.  And from my position in the stands, most of them appeared deserved.  In fact there were a couple of yellows where I felt the boys were lucky not to see red.

GobSoccerFan12

Any info on the Maumelle-Catholic game? Kind of surprising to see Maumelle have back to back losses after being undefeated so far this season.

Rocket23

6aSoccer

Marion Boys 3 over Searcy 2

4A:

5A:
Clarksville VB 3, Greenbrier VB 0

6A/7A:

Non-Conference:

The Coach

Berryville @ Huntsville

Huntsy VG 1 Berryville VG 0

Berryville VB 3 Huntsy VB 0

revolution

Quote from: MB Hog on April 26, 2016, 09:31:00 pm
Great game.  Questionable call with 2:25 to go.  PA free kick appeared to be the tying goal, but the ref waived it off saying it hit the football crossbar instead of the soccer crossbar.  Everyone on both sides thought it was a goal... ball was kicked at a low trajectory.  I don't even think it got above the height of the soccer cross bar anywhere along the way.

Also, not sure it is physically possible for the ball to hit the bottom of the football crossbar and go straight down into the goal without being blocked by the soccer crossbar below it???

Either way, it was any extremely hard fought game.  Both teams looked solid.

Very inconsistently officiated game from my perspective.  On PA's disallowed goal, it happened so quick, I wasn't completely sure what occurred.  I have seen several balls this season hit the goalpost cross bar and bounce straight down.  It appeared to me that the ball hit in front of the goal, and then PA put it in the back of the net.  But I was sitting on the Bryant side, so of course that may shape my perspective. 

Bryant girls didn't play at the top of their game, which has been a consistent theme over the second half of the season.  PA played a smart, physical game, and Bryant had a tough game the night before at Cabot, so it seemed the Hornet midfield was dead-legged. 

These teams have given Bryant the most trouble this season:  Fayetteville, PA, Conway, LR Christian.  So far Bryant has survived unbeaten even when not playing their best at times (tied Fayetteville in a non-conference match), but they will definitely need to peak in the state tournament if they are going to defend their title.

Arbitro

QuoteGreat game.  Questionable call with 2:25 to go.  PA free kick appeared to be the tying goal, but the ref waived it off saying it hit the football crossbar instead of the soccer crossbar.  Everyone on both sides thought it was a goal... ball was kicked at a low trajectory.  I don't even think it got above the height of the soccer cross bar anywhere along the way.

Quote from: revolution on April 28, 2016, 10:52:05 am
Very inconsistently officiated game from my perspective.  On PA's disallowed goal, it happened so quick, I wasn't completely sure what occurred.  I have seen several balls this season hit the goalpost cross bar and bounce straight down.  It appeared to me that the ball hit in front of the goal, and then PA put it in the back of the net.  But I was sitting on the Bryant side, so of course that may shape my perspective. 
I don't know about that particular field, but I have worked games on fields where the football crossbar was slightly in front of the soccer goal.  It shouldn't be that way of course, but it happens.  The assistant referee is generally in an excellent position to judge which bar the bar caroms off of.  Odds are the referee crew got this call correct.

MB Hog

Quote from: Arbitro on April 28, 2016, 11:22:34 am
I don't know about that particular field, but I have worked games on fields where the football crossbar was slightly in front of the soccer goal.  It shouldn't be that way of course, but it happens.  The assistant referee is generally in an excellent position to judge which bar the bar caroms off of.  Odds are the referee crew got this call correct.
I'm pretty sure they missed the call this time.  I'm usually very good at noticing when it hits the wrong bar.  I was actually sitting on the Bryant side as well (to stay out of the sun) and the crowd reaction was obvious they thought it was a goal, too, and they weren't sure why it was disallowed.

But what's done is done, and it doesn't affect our big picture in trying to win the 5A crown this year.

We enjoyed playing the Bryant team.  It was a physical game, but pretty much just to the normal level you would expect in soccer.  Nothing cheap or dirty.

Revolution made a great point about the Bryant girls being tired after playing Cabot.  PA has a good team, but I didn't expect us to hang quite so close.  The tired legs on the Bryant side may have contributed to that.

BTW - Caroline Campbell and my daughter play together in club ball.  What a terrific talent Caroline is... and an even better person!

revolution

Quote from: MB Hog on April 28, 2016, 01:58:01 pm
I'm pretty sure they missed the call this time.  I'm usually very good at noticing when it hits the wrong bar.  I was actually sitting on the Bryant side as well (to stay out of the sun) and the crowd reaction was obvious they thought it was a goal, too, and they weren't sure why it was disallowed.

But what's done is done, and it doesn't affect our big picture in trying to win the 5A crown this year.

We enjoyed playing the Bryant team.  It was a physical game, but pretty much just to the normal level you would expect in soccer.  Nothing cheap or dirty.

Revolution made a great point about the Bryant girls being tired after playing Cabot.  PA has a good team, but I didn't expect us to hang quite so close.  The tired legs on the Bryant side may have contributed to that.

BTW - Caroline Campbell and my daughter play together in club ball.  What a terrific talent Caroline is... and an even better person!

Very true what you say about Caroline Campbell.  Top notch player, student and person.  She is what makes Bryant special.  My daughter is a freshman player at Bryant, and she's trying to learn all she can from Caroline. 

Good Luck to PA the rest of the way!  Wouldn't be surprised at all if that group wins the 5A.  LR Christian is another strong side that will have a say in how it all shakes out in 5A Girls.

Team Mom

sevenof400

hogbert

The Coach

TDK

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas