• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas High School Soccer for all conferences 1998 to Present

Started by Go Postal, March 12, 2014, 10:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

ruserious?

For HF who asked about schools to watch in Pope Co.....just so happens that Russellville is hosting the 6A state tournament this year. Games will be at Cyclone Stadium and at the soccer complex on Lock and darn Rd. Will probably be next week before all the seedings are set but girls and guys brackets can be found on AAA website. Some teams will be better to watch than others.

For Go Postal and all who have labored on this task of compiling info, thanks. It has been an interesting read.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ruserious? on May 04, 2014, 10:39:02 pm
For HF who asked about schools to watch in Pope Co.....just so happens that Russellville is hosting the 6A state tournament this year. Games will be at Cyclone Stadium and at the soccer complex on Lock and darn Rd. Will probably be next week before all the seedings are set but girls and guys brackets can be found on AAA website. Some teams will be better to watch than others.

For Go Postal and all who have labored on this task of compiling info, thanks. It has been an interesting read.

We Have a Soccer Complex in Russellville? ....depending on times and recommendations by you guys I might check it out. Should I bring a pillow? I kid I kid...

Go Postal

HF and anyone else interested, check out the links that I found for the "AAA review of sports".  These links are very informational for not only soccer but for any sport played by a Arkansas high school team.  I have the ones from '07 to present, not sure if there are some before '07 though.  These links could be used in anyone's "wiki" for informational purposes for any Arkansas high school sport.

ruserious?

Quote from: HF on May 04, 2014, 11:08:23 pm

We Have a Soccer Complex in Russellville? ....depending on times and recommendations by you guys I might check it out. Should I bring a pillow? I kid I kid...

Haha...no promises. Could be a snoozefest at some matches but others should be decent. The first day may see the most goals because of #1 v #8s, etc. but no guarantee :)   Boys games will have faster speed of play but girls can be entertaining with technical/tactical skill.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ruserious? on May 09, 2014, 10:43:07 am

Haha...no promises. Could be a snoozefest at some matches but others should be decent. The first day may see the most goals because of #1 v #8s, etc. but no guarantee :)   Boys games will have faster speed of play but girls can be entertaining with technical/tactical skill.

What's it cost to get in at the gate? 

Go Postal

HF, I hope you get to see some good teams play against each other.  Remember, think basketball strategy on a larger than football field using every part of your body except arms and hands to work the ball.  It might help understanding the game.  Good luck! ;)  ruserious is right,  Boys games will have faster speed of play but girls can be entertaining with technical/tactical skill and boys/girls games can sometimes get very physical with athletes only wearing shin guards for protection.  These are some reasons, plus seeing the talent of great athletes in this sport is why I still watch the Golden Goblins and Lady Goblins over the years even though I don't have a kid in school anymore.
Quote from: HF on May 09, 2014, 07:57:44 pm

Usually around 5 dollars for all games.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Go Postal on May 09, 2014, 08:06:17 pm

HF, I hope you get to see some good teams play against each other.  Remember, think basketball strategy on a larger than football field using every part of your body except arms and hands to work the ball.  It might help understanding the game.  Good luck! ;)  ruserious is right,  Boys games will have faster speed of play but girls can be entertaining with technical/tactical skill and boys/girls games can sometimes get very physical with athletes only wearing shin guards for protection.  These are some reasons, plus seeing the talent of great athletes in this sport is why I still watch the Golden Goblins and Lady Goblins over the years even though I don't have a kid in school anymore.
Quote from: HF on May 09, 2014, 07:57:44 pm

Usually around 5 dollars for all games.

Trying to con a friend of mine into going...His little brother plays for Benton, not sure if he's varsity though?

Go Postal

HF, another thing that I didn't mention and I'm not sure of how the pitches "fields" are set up at Russellville, but here in Harrison, though we do have seating in the Stadium and bleachers set up on our other 3 pitches, you might want to take a lawn chair, just in case. ;)

ruserious?

RE the 6A tourney in Russellville...

games at Cyclone Stadium will have seating like a fb game, EXCEPT the fans usually all sit on the same side (no fans allowed to sit behind players' benches which are usually in front of "visiting" stands in a fb stadium); bring your stadium chair for comfort

games at the soccer complex should have some of those portable bleachers, which provide seating but sports/lawn chairs are a good idea as Go Postal suggested...I am bringing mine though I expect to be pacing most of the match!

If you are looking for physical play....Jboro on VB side; MH on VG side have been the most physical (not a dirty physical, just hard-nosed) I have seen in East but someone else will need to weigh in on South

Go Postal

I have updated the 7A, 6A and 5A boys/girls teams to still pending for 2014 Final results.  Still waiting on the results of the 4A boys/girls semi winners.

Go Postal

Updated the 4A boys/girls.  Good Luck to all the remaining teams this season!

Go Postal

I updated the 2014 season.  If anyone sees anything that I might have made a mistake on, let my know. Wow!  92 championship games played since 1998 and the naysayers said that soccer is not a thriving sport in Arkansas.

Thanks to all involved on helping me to make this complete record possible.  If anyone needs to use any of these stats on their "wiki" or other internet forums, feel free to do so.  A special Thanks to sevenof400 for pinning this on top of the soccer forum for me.  Hopefully this will stay pinned in the future years also.

Lionheart88

So, was this the first year (or first since we've had 4 classifications anyway) that no private school won a title?  I'd say that's a bit of a milestone.

Go Postal

You guys that have started "wiki's", look at this thread...

How do we let the World know information about Arkansas soccer or other sports playoffs?

Go Postal

Noticed a mistake on consecutive games, updated the consecutive games on the girls side for Bentonville and also private schools in different conferences.  I think that the boys side is correct.  Let me know if I missed something.  This should be the latest update to make the Arkansas soccer correct to date.

Still no update on this link for 2013-14 Soccer...

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Media/recordbook1314.pdf

Anyone know someone in the AAA to update this file for soccer before the next sport's cycle starts?

Go Postal

2014-15 Soccer season is underway, still noticed that the AAA hasn't updated and added the Arkansas conferences 2013-14 playoffs soccer season scores yet.  Still pending as of now.  Hmm...
I guess it is up to us fearlessfriday soccer posters to post 7A and below playoff teams and scores when it happens.  The most important thing, for this sport's forum/thread is:  Who was the State Champion and who was the State Runner-up on each boys and girls conference 7A and below, to keep a running record of the finals for each year.
Anyone that wants to start a 7A, 6A, 5A or 4A games/scores for each conference and especially playoffs are welcomed.  It would be nice if each conference had their own thread to see what is going on in this sport in this State.  I believe that if you ask the moderators to pin each conference that you made for the current year, then it would make searching about a team or conference better.  Kind of like the football or basketball sports,  where you have to click on each sport's conferences to see what's happening.
sevenof400 has done a amazing job to try to put each conference in their own thread.

Yep, Football, Basketball moderators, I'm proud to say, American Soccer (Worldwide Football) is here to stay in Arkansas and the Nation. ;D
Thank you, fearlessfriday for acknowledging this sport with our own forum back in '07!   Now if we could get the AAA on board, priceless...

Go Postal

Moderators, Lanny, sevenof400 and B.G., can you pin this once again to the top of the Soccer forums?  Please remember that this is the only place that you can find all Arkansas soccer records on the final games in one place and is still a work in progress as each future seasons ends.  It took many soccer coaches, soccer fans, non-soccer fans (but love high school sports stats) and me almost two years of searching information from everywhere to make this Arkansas soccer record info thread.  Also remember, that the AAA doesn't always keep up to date records for this sport.  We are trying to on this site.  I, with help from others, will try to update cycle changes, tiebreaker rule changes, records and etc after the season ends.  Like I said earlier, a fearlessfriday one-stop-shop for Arkansas soccer records over the years.
Your consideration on pinning this once again on the Soccer forums is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Go Postal

Updated for 2015 season.  I believe I have it right, but correct me if I'm wrong.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Go Postal on May 12, 2015, 08:58:49 pm
Moderators, Lanny, sevenof400 and B.G., can you pin this once again to the top of the Soccer forums?  Please remember that this is the only place that you can find all Arkansas soccer records on the final games in one place and is still a work in progress as each future seasons ends.  It took many soccer coaches, soccer fans, non-soccer fans (but love high school sports stats) and me almost two years of searching information from everywhere to make this Arkansas soccer record info thread.  Also remember, that the AAA doesn't always keep up to date records for this sport.  We are trying to on this site.  I, with help from others, will try to update cycle changes, tiebreaker rule changes, records and etc after the season ends.  Like I said earlier, a fearlessfriday one-stop-shop for Arkansas soccer records over the years.
Your consideration on pinning this once again on the Soccer forums is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

I've started playing the fifa mobile app cause of this thread... haha

Go Postal

Go Postal

Sir Alex

Postal: FYI from 1998 thru 2001 seasons there was one classification. There were regional tournaments held and 1 team from each of the eight regions qualified for state.  The 2002 season was the first for the 5a and 4a classification split.

VHSCoach2

I edited the OP to include a little more team information. In doing so, I had to remove some of the other paragraphs, because, apparently, Fearless has 20,000 limit per post.

I believe everything is accurate and up-to-date following the conclusion of the 2019 season.

Go Postal

That's okay.  Thanks.  I came across this problem a few years back so  I usually just moved some other info to my 1st post on page 2.  I'm not sure what to do in future years when it gets full again though.

VHSCoach2

Original post has been updated with 2021 State Championship results

VHSCoach2

Original post updated after results of 2022 State Championship matches.

VHSCoach2

All statistics in the original post have been updated following the 2023 State Championship Games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas