• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please post playoff reports / scores here

Started by sevenof400, October 20, 2013, 10:26:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

With district tournaments starting this week in some of the classifications, please use this thread to post any results from district and / or state tournament play. 

Also, if you know of any sources that may be posting or updating scores (such as Twitter feeds). please post those here as well.  It is hard enough to keep up with results throughout the regular season in a timely manner, let's see what sources we can identify to help us keep up with playoff results as they occur.

Thanks to all in advance.

1-Adam-12

In 3a West Paris beat Lavaca and West Fork and will play Mansfield for all the marbles at 6 tonight. Per Twitter.

1-Adam-12

Pea Ridge and Berryville in finals of 4A NW after beating Gravette and Farmington respectively. Both in straight games.

1-Adam-12

Berryville beats Pea Ridge in 4A NW final (25-21 23-25 33-31 25-17)

Farmington wins 3rd place match over Gravette.

1st rd of state for 4AW vs 4ANW:

Mena v Gravette
Waldron v Farmington
Booneville v Pea Ridge
Arkadelphia v Berryville

1-Adam-12

4A: Berryville beat Arka and JB Westside over Marianna Lee both in 3 straight.

3A: Mansfield beat Episcopal and Hoxie beat St Josephs both in 3 straight.

5A:  Shiloh beats Greene Co Tech in 5 and LR Christian also won.

Most of these per Twitter.

1-Adam-12

4a Mena and Brookland over Newport and SS Batesville respectively.

whippersnapper

Hey Adam do you have a 4a bracket or know what it looks like

1-Adam-12

Waldron vs Farmington and CAC vs Newport have just started. Those winners play each other at main gym 6 tomorrow.

Valley View vs Lonoke and Pea Ridge vs Booneville at 6 with those winners facing each other at middle school gym 6 tomorrow.

Berryville v JB Westside and Mena v Brookland are at 4 tomorrow.

In 5A Paragould beat Alma in 4.

MarionBlueDevil

Marion won in straight sets today against against Fair 25-6, 25-8 and 25-10.

DogsWin7

1-Adam-12

Valleysports

RATTLER43

TheHogHead

5A:  LRCA over Camden Fairview in 3, Lakeside over Mills in 3, Nettleton over Harrison in 3, Sylvan Hills over Magnolia (not sure in how many sets), Pulaski Academy over Hot Springs in 3, Shiloh over Green County Tech in 5, Paragould over Alma in 4, and Morrilton vs Batesville I left before it was finished.

1-Adam-12

Pea Ridge beats Booneville in 5, best match of the tournament so far.  25-13 19-25 26-24 21-25 18-16.  Both teams were slugging it out at the end.  We played very well, Pea Ridge just a little better, congrats Lady Hawks.  PR to play Valley View tomorrow.

Great Booneville senior class ends their career having been responsible for 14 team or individual records.  But we move on to new challenges and new competition in 3A next season and we had a great freshman group this season that will factor heavily into our next season's plans.

For this part of the tournament, Malloy and Reed are at end of watch.  Am planning to be in Russellville on Saturday for all the finals.

Good luck to all that remain and especially to Mena and Waldron.  Represent the 4A West!

Valleysports

Jonesboro (13-1) takes on Greenwood (5-9), 6 pm...  Everyone anticipating Jonesboro's march to the State Championship, keep us updated ricepig.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 30, 2013, 05:27:35 pm
Jonesboro (13-1) takes on Greenwood (5-9), 6 pm...  Everyone anticipating Jonesboro's march to the State Championship, keep us updated ricepig.

Probably only get you the final, I have a prior engagement at 6. Hopefully we win and I'll be there tomorrow night

Valleysports

October 30, 2013, 05:51:18 pm #19 Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:12:25 pm by Valleysports
Siloam Springs (11-3) vs Russellville (8-6), tough bracket for Russellville.

whippersnapper

Just saw on Facebook that Mena swept Brookland

MarionBlueDevil

Marion swept Lake Hamilton and will face Benton tomorrow afternoon at 4 (?)

Valleysports

Oh y'all can whip them Marion, saw Benton get trounced by a wounded Conway earlier in the year.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Valleysports on October 30, 2013, 06:36:52 pm
Oh y'all can whip them Marion, saw Benton get trounced by a wounded Conway earlier in the year.

Patriots split with them about two weekends ago at a tournament in Conway. Just two sets though.

georgef22

1-Adam-12

Lady Bulldogs up 2-1 going to 4th set per Twitter.

Mena has beaten Brookland, VV over Pea Ridge and Westside over Berryville.  All in straight games but many of them were pretty close.

georgef22

YEAH! Thank You 1-Adam-12 and DiehardFBfan!

DogsWin7

You're Welcome.    I think they play Valley View next.

1-Adam-12

That is correct! Good Luck Waldron & Mena, one of you bring that trophy home to the West!

whippersnapper

1-Adam-12

In 3A the semis are Mansfield vs. Alpena and Paris vs. Fountain Lake.

Rematch brewing?

sevenof400

Bentonville wins sets 1 and 2 with little trouble. Conway up early in 3rd.

sevenof400

Conway playing much better in the third
Far fewer errors and hitting the ball with more authority
C 23 B 22

Valleysports

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 31, 2013, 04:59:40 pm
Conway playing much better in the third
Far fewer errors and hitting the ball with more authority
C 23 B 22

Did Conway ever get their Blocker back?

sevenof400

Wow. An unforced error puts Conway down and Bentonville wins the third 26-24.

whippersnapper

sevenof400

Valley,

I am not sure who the blocker is so I can't say....

Battle of Fort Smith up next....

1-Adam-12

3A Mansfield beats Alpena in 3
5A Paragould sweeps Shiloh
6A Benton beats Marion in 4
per Twitter

sevenof400

sevenof400

sevenof400

South side seems to have a answer for everything right now and leads 14-6 in the third.

sevenof400

South side versus Bentonville for the 7a title as south side finishes off north side 25-9

1-Adam-12

VV sweeps Waldron.

Mena vs VV for 4A title on Sat.

Cross-Country Dad

Batesville beats Nettleton in 5 will face Paragould in the finals Saturday.

sevenof400

Quote from: Cross-Country Dad on October 31, 2013, 08:22:21 pm

An all east final in the 5A is a bit of a shocker to me but best of luck to both teams.

1-Adam-12

Paris beat Ft Lake in 4.  Mansfield vs Paris in 3A final for 2nd year in a row.

User870

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 31, 2013, 09:22:58 pm

An all east final in the 5A is a bit of a shocker to me but best of luck to both teams.

Is this sarcasm? The west has dropped off significantly in volleyball since the departure of SS and Gwood

Addicted

Agreed.  I believe Siloam would have pushed for a title in 5A this year - they lost a heartbreaker to Russellville in the quarter-finals.  Greenwood would have made the final 4.  Shiloh goes back to 4A next year.  The east will continue to be the top of 5A. 

sevenof400

Quote from: User870 on November 01, 2013, 07:40:49 am
Quote from: sevenof400 on October 31, 2013, 09:22:58 pm

Is this sarcasm? The west has dropped off significantly in volleyball since the departure of SS and Gwood

Not at all, User870.  I saw all of the East teams this season, a few of the West and Central (none of the South) and I just did not see / anticipate an all East final.  Admittedly I did not see many teams more than once so it probably wasn't the best sample on which to judge. 

As an aside, I would see the East getting much tougher next year with VV moving to 5A.

Full marks to Batesville and Paragould.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas