• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 4A-North @ Lincoln

Started by Brian G, February 23, 2014, 12:25:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballplayer

small but scrappy,had a bad regional, there not as good as past several years, having said that, never count them out, very well coached

razorfan1

I have to agree with 4aWhistler in the observation about PG and why they may have been left out of "the list". It was disappointing to see PG and even Farmington kids cheering for Maumelle to beat Lincoln in the regional finals , you would think they would want a 4a-1 team to win. That only makes the 4a-1 conference look better. As good as Lincoln played Maumelle you would think they would be proud of they way Lincoln represented the 4a-1 conference. I know I will be rooting on all the 4a-1 teams girls and boys to do well in the state tournament.

Ballplayer

I did notice a large section of what appeared to be Farmington kids cheering or Maumelle, agree that wasnt good. Espicially Farmington, they are done for the year, alittle sour grapes maybe? Lincoln played their tail off and had it not been for foul trouble they probably would have won going away.

Nip/Tusk

So why wasn't farmington left off whistlers list?  To single out pg is not classy on her part.

Why should pg support someone that insults a whole town and team like that?

Sweetfeet

Josh, did everyone in the community do it or a select few people?  If it was just a few people, you may need to contemplate whether or not their opinion justifies bashing a team. 

razorfan1

Looks like Whistler made the post about the "list" before the game was played on Saturday night at the regional finals so Im asumming Whistler had no reason at that point to exclude Farmington. Whistler obviously has seen not so sportsmanlike or bad conduct from PG at the regionals, district and the whole season.

Oldbadger

I have never been so dissappointed in FArmington and PG players openly rooting for an opponent of a 1-4A comrade.  All these years I have been pulling for both those teams when they weren't playing Lincoln and then get slapped in the face with this fact.  If I were their coach I would talk to those kids about loyalty not only to the team but their conference.  This does not speak well for this conference and this area. 

razorfan1

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Oldbadger on March 03, 2014, 01:54:44 pm
I have never been so dissappointed in FArmington and PG players openly rooting for an opponent of a 1-4A comrade.  All these years I have been pulling for both those teams when they weren't playing Lincoln and then get slapped in the face with this fact.  If I were their coach I would talk to those kids about loyalty not only to the team but their conference.  This does not speak well for this conference and this area.

Were you there? The Farmington parents and most of the kids were pulling for Lincoln.  Was there some idiots in that student section yes, but the basketball kids were pulling for Lincoln.

Nip/Tusk

March 03, 2014, 02:53:46 pm #209 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:56:49 pm by Josh Louin
Sweetfeet, that was my whole point of contention. Whistler singled out an entire town and team for the acts of a minor few.

As far as cheering for anyone else, I didnt actually see any pg players in the Maumelle crowd. I did see some students however. But my goodness, these are teenagers. Let them cheer for who they want. Who knows, maybe they got on here and read how Lincoln felt about pg. I didnt see anybody from Lincoln handing out congratulations just last week when pg beat them and won the district tournament.

Oldbadger, I am flabbergasted that you feel a coach should talk to players about something like this. Lincoln had the home court advantage in every game they played at regionals. All I've heard from Lincoln people is how I shouldn't be so sensitive about someone leaving pg out. And then you guys get your feelings hurt over kids cheering at a ballgame?  Sheesh. Talk about sensitivity.

Oldbadger

THe report was that basketball players from both teams were cheering for  Maumelle.  That does not mean all players were.  What I was saying is that any of the players that were doing that should be talked to.  Not punished.  The rest of the kids PG or Farmington, they can do what they want.  It would  still astonish me. By the way, my feelings aren't hurt.  I was just dissappointed.  Homecourt advantage has nothing whatsoever to do with this issue. And Im not concerned about kids cheering, its who they are cheering for; an opposing conference?  You got to be kidding me!

Nip/Tusk

March 03, 2014, 03:16:22 pm #211 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:21:29 pm by Josh Louin
Oldbadger, you're telling me that Razorback players should be forced to cheer for say Lsu in a game vs say Tulane?

Having known several razorback players, I can assure you this is not realistic. Again, we're dealing with teenagers. When 4a whistler, a grown adult I'm assuming, totally insults an entire team and town?!?!  C'mon. If the grown ups can act like that, what motivation do kids have?

Truth is you nor I have any real idea the amount of trash talked between the 3 teams throughout the year. Maybe that led to it.

Again, I saw nobody from Lincoln on this site even give acknowledgement to pg after districts much less a congratulations. I guess it's fine for some to omit but not ok for kids to voice their opinion.  In fact, many of the Lincoln posters have gone out of their way to discredit the achievements of pg. you can check the post history.

Lincoln needs to understand their place in a rivalry. Pg/Farm fight hard but there is mutual respect. I can refer you to numerous headlines showing that. The reason for the respect is that when someone has success, the other team gives them credit for it.

The difference with Lincoln seems to be an inferiority complex and unwillingness to even acknowledge anyone that has success. Until that happens, there will probably continue to be hard feelings about the rivalry between them and pg/farm. And apparently, if there was a large group of students from pg and farmington cheering for Maumelle, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Cajun Hog

March 03, 2014, 03:26:47 pm #212 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:28:49 pm by Cajun Hog
Quote from: Oldbadger on March 03, 2014, 03:08:19 pm
THe report was that basketball players from both teams were cheering for  Maumelle.  That does not mean all players were.  What I was saying is that any of the players that were doing that should be talked to.  Not punished.  The rest of the kids PG or Farmington, they can do what they want.  It would  still astonish me. By the way, my feelings aren't hurt.  I was just dissappointed.  Homecourt advantage has nothing whatsoever to do with this issue. And Im not concerned about kids cheering, its who they are cheering for; an opposing conference?  You got to be kidding me!

I have some good friends in Lincoln and I'm Biggie biggest fan great kid, but enough don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Your kids (student section) hands are not clean in their actions this season....

Again were you there?

razorfan1

I was at the game Saturday night and did see it first hand the PG and Farmington kids cheering for
Maumelle. If they didn't want Lincoln to win they should have just watched and stayed neutral. Just my take and they certainly have to right to cheer for who they like but the way Lincoln took it to Maumelle Saturday night should have made anyone in the 4a-1 conference proud. Was one of the best games Ive watched all year from any teams around.

redfire75

I was there. There was a big group of Ozark kids sitting at mid court on the visitor side sitting right in front of me. Most( not all) of them were cheering for maumelle also. There was one Ozark boy strongly pulling for Lincoln . Apparently he had bet on Lincoln and wasn't happy when they lost.

Nip/Tusk

Razorfan, oldbadger and other Lincoln posters, no one has addressed my point about Lincoln saying nothing about pgs win over them. Things tend to come back around when people act like that.

Oldbadger

March 03, 2014, 03:47:02 pm #216 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:05:20 pm by Oldbadger
Seems that many of the posters on here are trying to divert the issue.  The issue is "were players from Farmington and PG cheering for Maumelle."  I am convinced that some were.  I feel they should not have out of loyalty to the conference.  I'm not mad or hurt, just disappointed.  I always support our conference members except when they play Lincoln.  I will continue to do so no matter what anyone says or does or  posts.  I just believe young people ought to be taught the importance of loyalty.  It will come in handy later in life, wait and see.  It seems that some posters want to go back in time.  The issue is a "now" issue not last year or 20 years ago.  I saw a great ballgame the other night.  I was one of the first to congratulate Maumelle.  They were able to pull out a win when I was certain they had lost.  I am a Lincoln fan.  I don't have any kinfolks playing for Lincoln's basketball team.  I know all the kids. They are great kids.  Let's don't change the fact that kids sometimes don't understand the importance of all the aspects of sports, loyalty is only one of them.  Just disappointed, that's all.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Josh Louin on March 03, 2014, 03:41:34 pm
Razorfan, oldbadger and other Lincoln posters, no one has addressed my point about Lincoln saying nothing about pgs win over them. Things tend to come back around when people act like that.
PG played their best game of the year when they beat Lincoln the other night.  Then played their worst the next game.  Teams in high school, especially in basketball, are up and down.  I think it was great that the most unexpected team won the District tournament.  I hope they pull another surprise in the state.  I really mean this and am not saying this to placate you. If they play Lincoln again, I hope Lincoln beats them.

Nip/Tusk

March 03, 2014, 04:07:42 pm #218 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:15:53 pm by Josh Louin
See that comment right there is what I'm talking about. Referring to pg as "the most unexpected team"?  Really?  Pg was more unexpected than a lower seeded team?  Can you at least understand my position?  That's a back-handed compliment.

And I know for a fact there were grown ups from Lincoln attacking these kids on twitter. Totally uncalled for.

And if you honestly believe the coaches should be involved in this, I recommend you contacting both of them rather than run the players down on a message board.

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas