• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian and Mt Ida

Started by jsw6f0, November 17, 2017, 10:54:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jsw6f0

Mt Ida by 35. Mt Ida's defense is at a different level as MT found out tonight. Nothing against CC but Ida is a machine.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 18, 2017, 12:03:43 am
Mount Ida is going to cruise to the title.
Got all your ducks lined up, don't you?  I never saw any comments like this from you guys last year. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 18, 2017, 12:10:06 am
Chg, Who is you guys? I'm giving and unbiased opinion. That is no one in this class is on Mount Idas level.
OK. 

beach bum

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 17, 2017, 10:54:47 pm
Mt Ida by 35. Mt Ida's defense is at a different level as MT found out tonight. Nothing against CC but Ida is a machine.

8 points per game average against them through 12 games  :o

panther_forever

Hgalum50

Seems Mt. Ida has turned into the almighty Alabama. Ain't nobody in this state can hang with them. Heck they could go win 7A if they wanted to.

FilmCrew

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 18, 2017, 12:07:16 am
Got all your ducks lined up, don't you?  I never saw any comments like this from you guys last year.

Legitimate Contender isn't a Mount Ida poster. So I don't know what you mean by "you guys".

jsw6f0

Panther y'all let us down. We needed MC to win so the semis would be in Mt Ida. What happened to ya'll.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 18, 2017, 01:58:42 am
Seems Mt. Ida has turned into the almighty Alabama. Ain't nobody in this state can hang with them. Heck they could go win 7A if they wanted to.
Fairly certain that legitimate contender is from North East Arkansas

Traindad84

[/quote]
Quote from: FilmCrew on November 18, 2017, 04:30:07 am
Legitimate Contender isn't a Mount Ida poster. So I don't know what you mean by "you guys".

Legitimate Contender said on another thread his team was from Mississippi. Might have a little troll in him.

lionsdad

We know Conway Christian is good and very classy. Met a couple of the dads last year. Very nice guys. Harmony Grove is the real deal. Both of these teams play big boy football. Hopefully nobody from Mount Ida will say anything otherwise. Since the bracket was released, I was pretty certain of this matchup. If the Lions can be fortunate enough to win next week, their prize is another tough team, CHG or Hazen, a road game. Nothing is guaranteed from here on out. In all actuality, the season begins next week for Mount Ida.

Hgalum50

Quote from: lionsdad on November 18, 2017, 06:51:04 am
We know Conway Christian is good and very classy. Met a couple of the dads last year. Very nice guys. Harmony Grove is the real deal. Both of these teams play big boy football. Hopefully nobody from Mount Ida will say anything otherwise. Since the bracket was released, I was pretty certain of this matchup. If the Lions can be fortunate enough to win next week, their prize is another tough team, CHG or Hazen, a road game. Nothing is guaranteed from here on out. In all actuality, the season begins next week for Mount Ida.
I knew Mt. Ida posters, well most of them weren't like that! I have the respect for Mt. Ida as they deserve it!

Legacy Lion

Quote from: lionsdad on November 18, 2017, 06:51:04 am

Very well put.

Hogjr

doctor in the house

I watched CC thump Danville earlier this year. They have a really good qb and a well coached team! Not the kind of bunch that you want to fall behind to.. The Mt. Ida secondary is going to get a chance to prove themselves this Friday night..

If Mt. Ida offense does not have any turnovers I am not sure how many opportunities the CC offense will get...

Looking forward to a seeing a good game between two good programs! Probably will have to arrive a lil early to this one..

Hornet4ever

Nobody beating Mt. Ida this season..

GreenMachine

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 18, 2017, 12:10:06 am
Chg, Who is you guys? I'm giving and unbiased opinion. That is no one in this class is on Mount Idas level.

M.I. D

CC was a good team last year and looks good again. How many are back from last years team?

bearfan

Quote from: M.I. D on November 19, 2017, 10:35:27 am
CC was a good team last year and looks good again. How many are back from last years team?
CC is a very different team then last year

SAUAlum

Mount Ida - 48
Conway Christian - 14

M.I. D

Quote from: bearfan link=to
pic=154318.msg3554858#msg3554858 date=1511110951

CC is a very different team then last year

I guess we will find out Friday.

jsw6f0

At least the cops will get the night off with CC coming to own. The only thing that's in the back of my mind is the fact CC beat Junction at Junction.

couch-coach06

I think Ida will win this game but I do think CC could present some match up problems offensively.. but Ida will prolly just keep the ball on 8 minute drives and win the game

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 19, 2017, 12:31:31 pm
At least the cops will get the night off with CC coming to own. The only thing that's in the back of my mind is the fact CC beat Junction at Junction.
When?

jsw6f0

bigbrew25

The only team that can and will stop Mt Ida is Earle.  I believe the best p layer in the the 2A will even play some line backer that game instead of just QB.

jsw6f0

Danville or Foreman will give Earle all they want.

couch-coach06

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 19, 2017, 03:38:57 pm
Danville or Foreman will give Earle all they want.

I kinda think this too I know some were late but Earle gave up several points last week

Hgalum50

Quote from: bigbrew25 on November 19, 2017, 01:58:28 pm
The only team that can and will stop Mt Ida is Earle.  I believe the best p layer in the the 2A will even play some line backer that game instead of just QB.
Uh you must not have watched HG or Hazen play, I know especially HG only because idk much about Hazen. If they beat HG tho in my opinion they would give Mt. Ida a hard game.

bigbrew25

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 19, 2017, 03:46:17 pm
I kinda think this too I know some were late but Earle gave up several points last week
Earle gave up  2 touchdowns with their 2nd and 3rd string in on Defense.  Make no mistake about it, Mineral Spring was a solid team.

bigworm

Quote from: bigbrew25 on November 19, 2017, 01:58:28 pm

The title game will be played when MI and CHG match up. MI is the real deal as well as CHG. Too bad this game wont be played at WMS. With that said i wont say CC cant beat MI. But it will take a serious break down by MI and they arent known for that. Im a MI fan but i will be pulling for our conference and rooting for CC. But you eagles better bring your big boy pants with ya to beat MI. Good thing is those Lions are just highschool kids too and they put their pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else. Good luck to both teams.

ExemplaryChimp

CC beat junction in 2015 when nobody gave them the light of day. The seniors from this years team we're apart of that win also, so they've heard all of the doubters before heading into that game, this is nothing new to them. It doesn't matter what your record is, or how good a team looks on paper, the team that shows up and wants it more wins 100% of the time. Mt Ida might be better than CC, but CC won't back down from a fight & if they get knocked down, they'll stand right back up & hit you right back. I hope to see a dog fight in this one because it will be skill (Mt. Ida) vs grit (CC).

mr.gametime

No not last year..mt.ida posters were pretty humble last year...but in 2015 it was like it is now...let them tell it nobody in any classification could beat them...lol...but i think most of them were fair weather fans and not regular mt ida posters

M.I. D

November 20, 2017, 08:54:51 am #33 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:08:02 am by M.I. D
Most regular Mount Ida posters are humble and have football knowledge. Every group has its bad apples tho.

As for this Mount Ida team. It's a really good one and those young men play hard. I believe it's something they take pride in. You may have a little more speed at times or look flashier. Playing with great effort and being physical is what Mount Ida hangs their hat on.

mr.gametime

Quote from: M.I. D on November 20, 2017, 08:54:51 am
Most regular Mount Ida posters are humble and have football knowledge. Every group has its bad apples tho.

As for this Mount Ida team. It's a really good one and those young men play hard. I believe it's something they take pride in. You may have a little more speed at times or look flashier. Playing with great effort and being physical is what Mount Ida hangs their hat on.
Mt.ida reminds me of the old barton teams....its amazing how good a team can be when everyone is discipline and does the job ..especially on the offensive line.

Legacy Lion

Quote from: M.I. D on November 20, 2017, 08:54:51 am

Amen brother.

Hawgpilot

I'm looking forward to this game, if for no other reason than to see what a top team in 2A looks like.  That said, I'm not sold on CC passing game to mix it up enough to win.  I'm pulling for the Eagles but  Mt. Ida moves on  38-20.

bearfan

Quote from: Hawgpilot on November 20, 2017, 02:56:39 pm
I'm looking forward to this game, if for no other reason than to see what a top team in 2A looks like.  That said, I'm not sold on CC passing game to mix it up enough to win.  I'm pulling for the Eagles but  Mt. Ida moves on  38-20.
You don't know what you are  talking about

Champ74

Quote from: mr.gametime on November 20, 2017, 10:42:06 am
Mt.ida reminds me of the old barton teams....its amazing how good a team can be when everyone is discipline and does the job ..especially on the offensive line.

You have to win 8-9 Championships in a decade to remind me of the old Barton era...

Hawgpilot

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Champ74 on November 20, 2017, 07:27:16 pm
You have to win 8-9 Championships in a decade to remind me of the old Barton era...

Ditto.

mrk1027

Mt Ida is absolutely one of the best teams in 2A. But we won't know the truth until after WMS.

That being said, the absolute last thing the Lions should do is sleep on Conway Christian. It's the stinking 3rd round of the playoffs, anyone still in this thing is an elite team.

For CCS, it will be on their defensive line to maintain their gaps, not get up field, and keep the line off of their backers. Mt Ida's split veer is a well-oiled attack machine. But, I can't name a team this year that has fully slowed down or stopped the Eagle's offense either.

In my opinion, you can expect a real battle. Last year's game was great, and I expect this one to be better.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 20, 2017, 11:51:10 pm
If Conway Christian can protect their quarterback they will have some wide open receivers all night.if they can hit them Conway Christian should win this game.

Lol, you been drinking to much of that marked tree got cheated kool-aid. Not to mention isn't Conway Christian a running team this year?

BlueNGold52

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 21, 2017, 06:02:45 am
Where did I say MT got cheated? Believe I said the field was not waterd down. Also believe I said it's a shame a High school game had to end like that.i just know football and what to look for on a team when I watch film.Mt Ida weakness is the pass defense both MT and Foreman had guys running wide open,just could not get the ball to them. Their defensive line has a lot to do with that tho.I can tell you by watching mt Ida play their coach knows he must win the line battles because of his lack of speed.He does a great job of focusing on his strengths to offset his weaknesses and that's lack of speed. He is very well versed in what he does cause he takes turtles and beats rabbits.thats impressive.

Turtles VS Rabbits!!!! Lol but that actually isn't way off Mount Ida's line is obviously the key their success on both sides of the ball. The secondary for the Lions is better this year than last season in my opinion, but you are correct if CCS O-line can keep their QB upright and give him time it could give Mount Ida fits. I haven't seen much on CCS's line play so thats an unknown for me.

Champ74

"Turtles beating Rabbits" analogy is quite impressive Legitimate.

BlueNGold52

November 21, 2017, 09:07:59 am #45 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:15:25 am by BlueNGold52
Oh I agree totally not only is he a great coach but he is a great man for our boys to learn from!! This team is just truely a TEAM they just do whats asked of them to the absolute best of their ability. I didn't take it as disrespectful just amusing! Lol I had never heard it put that way but slow and steady wins the race really describes this football team. They just pound you up front all night and it wears teams out. But they have vulnerabilities just like all teams. But like you said they hide theirs very well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2017, 01:00:16 am
Lol, you been drinking to much of that marked tree got cheated kool-aid. Not to mention isn't Conway Christian a running team this year?

They can do either ....

doctor in the house

I agree with Legit...

1. Mt. Ids's most valuable players are their lineman --  and Coach White pretty much said just that at their state championship ring ceremony last spring..
2. Mt. Ida's secondary is fixing to be tested -- and Coach White and his staff know this so my guess is that the Lion's will be prepared..
3. Conway Christian is 11-1 and they are a very good team -- and CC could win..

If the turtles hold on to the ball I think that they will win the race to the semi finals...

Bigditchlion

couch-coach06

Thing is Mt Ida secondary doesn't suck ...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas