• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4a-3

Started by Ghs21, April 04, 2017, 12:39:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghs21

Early predictions
1. Gosnell
2. Trumann
3. Pocahontas
4.Westside
5.Brookland
6.Highland
7.Cave city
8. Harrisburg

Missco

Thats only if more Gosnell players dont leave.

OB11

Quote from: Missco on April 04, 2017, 01:14:02 pm
Thats only if more Gosnell players dont leave.

Where are they going? Blytheville?

Big Country

bigchief72455

Did the McKinney kid go back to Blytheville?

bigchief72455

Pocahontas is a wild card at the moment. Lot of talent graduated but a lot moving up as well.

Qhcaoc

Mckinney is a senior

bigchief72455

Quote from: Qhcaoc on April 05, 2017, 06:50:22 am
Mckinney is a senior
That young man is a great athlete. Football and basketball. Does he run track as well? Baseball?

bigchief72455

The top 3 could change up some. All 3 have the potential to beat the other this year.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: bigchief72455 on April 05, 2017, 08:09:41 am
That young man is a great athlete. Football and basketball. Does he run track as well? Baseball?

I think currently he is the best long jumper, triple jumper and high jumper in 4a and will be up for high point at the state meet im sure

southarkdaddy

I like the coach at Truman and I think he's finally got them going right.  Pocahontas will have enough talent, but will be too young at this point.

TBone70

I don't see Highland at the bottom of the barrel like that. Unless you know something I don't.

Ghs21

Gosnell should have a better offensive line than last year, and the young brothers are gonna be a threat in the backfield, Trumann is getting better and better could possible be the 1 this year Highland is always a toss up they can be in the top 3 or near the bottom 3

Missco

Partee went back to Blytheville.

bigchief72455

Gosnell will be the team to beat next season. Trumann has gained some ground as well as Westside. Highland still has a good qb. Pocahontas has a lot to work out but I feel they will be in the hunt.

Lumberjackfan1978

Gosnell Trumann Pocahontas

bigchief72455

Think this will be Harrisburg's last season in the 4A.

Sports1511

Is he eligible to play for Blytheville?

Missco

Ghs21

I heard partee is coming back to gosnell

beach bum

April 28, 2017, 02:26:03 pm #20 Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:27:47 pm by beach bum
How many players does Gosnell return? I saw them play Prairie Grove and the score against PG was not indicative of how much of a fight Gosnell put up. They were a pretty scrappy team and especially with that grit if they return that stud WR/DB then I could see them being pretty dang good again. That kid made a lot of plays on both sides of the ball that night. And they were methodically moving the ball the whole first half.

GHS_08

Quote from: bigchief72455 on April 05, 2017, 08:09:41 am

I believe he was the 4A 100 Meter state champion last year.

Ghs21

Gosnell returns 3 offensive linemen starters from last year, both tight ends, there quarterback, one reciever and a running back so 8 on offense. On defense. 3 linemen, 1 corner, 2 linebackers, so 6 on defense

Qhcaoc

Quote from: GHS_08 on May 01, 2017, 05:57:09 pm
I believe he was the 4A 100 Meter state champion last year.

he didnt run the 100 last year and didnt make the final at the state meet this year there were 11 faster than him I believe

Sports1511

No but he is the State Champion in Triple jump and High jump, placed 2nd in Long Jump and was 4th in the 400M.  Still a great year!

Qhcaoc

Quote from: Sports1511 on May 04, 2017, 01:15:36 pm
No but he is the State Champion in Triple jump and High jump, placed 2nd in Long Jump and was 4th in the 400M.  Still a great year!

Yes he can sure jump

GHS_08

Quote from: Qhcaoc on May 04, 2017, 10:17:44 am
he didnt run the 100 last year and didnt make the final at the state meet this year there were 11 faster than him I believe

Hmm I thought someone from Gosnell won the 100 meter in the last year or 2.

tmycjy

I just went threw the numbers

here who it will go reamber number will change at any time do to player get hurt or kids cant play

1. Gosnell
2. trumman
3. Highland
4. pocahutas
5. brookland
6. Jonesboro WS
7. Harrisburg
8 Cave City

bigchief72455

Quote from: tmycjy on May 07, 2017, 06:56:21 pm
I just went threw the numbers

here who it will go reamber number will change at any time do to player get hurt or kids cant play

1. Gosnell
2. trumman
3. Highland
4. pocahutas
5. brookland
6. Jonesboro WS
7. Harrisburg
8 Cave City
I don't think Highland is going to be that good.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: GHS_08 on May 06, 2017, 10:14:48 am
Hmm I thought someone from Gosnell won the 100 meter in the last year or 2.

not at the state level

Nomad1324

Well, after Spring Ball and about a month in to Summer, how are the 4A-3 teams looking?

bigchief72455

Pocahontas is better than once thought.  I think they are going to surprise a few this year. Speed is going to be a big factor.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on June 17, 2017, 06:37:15 pm
Pocahontas is better than once thought.  I think they are going to surprise a few this year. Speed is going to be a big factor.
will pokey have much speed this year

bigchief72455

I think they wull be faster than they were this past season. Time will tell. We graduated a large class this last season.  But we had some talent come up as well. I figure there will be some moving around of a few players until they discover who works best where.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

All of y'all need to remember the name Derrick Kimble Jr. Kid is an absolute athlete. Can play any skill position in football. And Devon Adams with his 4.39 40 time. My only concerns/questions are the o-line and linebackers. But all in all, I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Only 73 days until everyone's favorite yelling tuba player is back in session.

bigchief72455

I think the defense will be fine.  Putting Hardage in on Dline some will help. Lemm will also be a great addition. Luckily the Skins will have more depth than most of the other teams in conference will have.

Ghs21

Gosnell will have some good running backs and a really good transfer kid who has really good hands and is a big kid who can also run the ball and play receiver, they also return a lot on defense so the defense will be fine

bigchief72455

It will come down to being between Gosnell and Pocahontas for conference. It was a close game last season.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Based on my research here's my conference predictions:
(Tie)1. Pocahontas/Gosnell - As bigchief said, the conference will come down to the October matchup with both teams possibly undefeated
3. Trumann- Waymire's team has greatly improved in conference play, and can flirt with beating one of the big 2 but to get over the 3rd/4th place hump, they have to win at least one of the big 2 games
4. Highland- I feel that the glory years are over temporarily until they get more junior high talent
5. Westside- Another team that could be something if they develop right. A win over Highland could give them the mindset and get 4th
6. Brookland- I'm still high on them after last years junior high team was great. Give them another year and its playoffs
7. Harrisburg- Call me crazy, but the new coach has implenented exactly what they needed- a work ethic. Numbers are down, but give the coach a couple years and probably a class drop and they could be playoff bound.
8. Cave City- No more allstate QB but his brother, but with a new coach, maybe 2 wins depending on if Harrisburg is anything

playmaker04

Westside got a heck of an Assistant coach in Bert Greenwell. All he did last season was lead Cross County to a conference championship,win Conference coach of the year and was 47 seconds away from going to semifinals.

elvis26

;D I agree bert is a real good coach!!!!!!!!!!!

bigchief72455

He is good. Westside will benefit greatly from having him.

bigchief72455

Highland may actually be the 5 seed this season. Westside could beat them. Trumann is the 3 for sure. They are going to have to do more than just run the ball to win against the top 2. The Skins will have to have a repeat of their last trip to the pirate ship to prevail and be conference champs again. That being said,they are well equipped to do just that.

TBone70

Looks good boys. The season is 1 day closer. We will see how all this turns out soon.

bigchief72455

True it won't be long before we settle in fir conference play.

RiceMan3

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on July 09, 2017, 03:07:00 pm
Based on my research here's my conference predictions:
(Tie)1. Pocahontas/Gosnell - As bigchief said, the conference will come down to the October matchup with both teams possibly undefeated
3. Trumann- Waymire's team has greatly improved in conference play, and can flirt with beating one of the big 2 but to get over the 3rd/4th place hump, they have to win at least one of the big 2 games
4. Highland- I feel that the glory years are over temporarily until they get more junior high talent
5. Westside- Another team that could be something if they develop right. A win over Highland could give them the mindset and get 4th
6. Brookland- I'm still high on them after last years junior high team was great. Give them another year and its playoffs
7. Harrisburg- Call me crazy, but the new coach has implenented exactly what they needed- a work ethic. Numbers are down, but give the coach a couple years and probably a class drop and they could be playoff bound.
8. Cave City- No more allstate QB but his brother, but with a new coach, maybe 2 wins depending on if Harrisburg is anything

Brookland also hired Kieth Davis as high school assistant coach. He was at Harrisburg when they were winning.

birddawg1986

Pokey or Gosnell will battle for top seed. Westside will be most improved and could sneak up on you. Trumann will be most disappointing. Coach of year: Speer of Brookland Coach on hot seat Waymire of Trumann

MercyDaddy

I believe this is the season that it all comes together for Trumann. If they can avoid injuries, I believe they can come out on top in this conference. They have a very tough 3 game stretch to begin conference play with Pokey, Westside, and Gosnell. The Pokey and Gosnell games are at home which is a plus. It has been a process for Waymire to get this team to this point, but these seniors have bought into his system and I believe are ready to go. Looking for another playoff run with this crew.

bigchief72455

Quote from: MercyDaddy on July 27, 2017, 07:23:05 am
I believe this is the season that it all comes together for Trumann. If they can avoid injuries, I believe they can come out on top in this conference. They have a very tough 3 game stretch to begin conference play with Pokey, Westside, and Gosnell. The Pokey and Gosnell games are at home which is a plus. It has been a process for Waymire to get this team to this point, but these seniors have bought into his system and I believe are ready to go. Looking for another playoff run with this crew.
If Trumann has a shot at all of hosting a home playoff game, it would be this year with that team. I think they will fall off some after this season but not too much.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on July 29, 2017, 10:07:19 am
If Trumann has a shot at all of hosting a home playoff game, it would be this year with that team. I think they will fall off some after this season but not too much.
This should be a pretty good year for Trumann

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas