• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Concord Girls

Started by not so slim shady, July 12, 2017, 11:35:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

not so slim shady

I heard Scrotchner got a principal job elsewhere. They have had some talent in Basketball and Softball. Any word on who may replace him.

Basketballfan13

How did this conference end up for jr girls this past season?

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on July 12, 2017, 02:14:01 pm
How did this conference end up for jr girls this past season?
Concord defeated Shirley by 1 in district finals.

SackAttack

Did they hire a coach yet to take Smothers place and upgrade quite a bit?

not so slim shady

Maybe corncob can get the boss to come out of retirement for a year the same west side got ole Benny brown a few years back. Worth a shot.

BasketballNeverStops

Pirate Nation would like to welcome Coach Logan Hayes aboard for the 2017-18 school year. Hayes is a graduate of Mulberry-Pleasant View and we wish him the best.

SackAttack

BasketballNeverStops

Coach Cornett will coach both Sr. High teams this season.

BannerMountainMan

What happened to this Logan Hayes guy?

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on August 25, 2017, 03:10:20 pm
Like 99.9% of the young first second or third year guys most likely not ready for primetime in todays coaching world. The other half of em do pretty good .

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on August 25, 2017, 03:10:20 pm
He will be coaching Jr. Girls and both 7th Grade teams as well as baseball.

JimmyChitwood

Know Logan well. Wish him the best at Concord!

arstatechamp13

Lots of talent paired with arguably the best coach in 1A. It'll be interesting. Should be a solid conference with talent at WSGF and Rural Special too. Jr girls will be solid too. Should be a tough conference for the next few years

ballmember

Cornett is one of the better coaches in 1A.  Another real good one in that conference also , boys coach at Shirley.    I dont t think GFWS will have a lot of talent at the senior high level boys or girls, I understand participation is down.      Rural Special girls should be good sr and jr high.  Don't know about southside bee branch this year in girls.  If sophomores produce Shirley senior girls could be decent .  Should be a fun year.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: ballmember on September 13, 2017, 05:00:07 pm
Cornett is one of the better coaches in 1A.  Another real good one in that conference also , boys coach at Shirley.    I dont t think GFWS will have a lot of talent at the senior high level boys or girls, I understand participation is down.      Rural Special girls should be good sr and jr high.  Don't know about southside bee branch this year in girls.  If sophomores produce Shirley senior girls could be decent .  Should be a fun year.

I had heard the rumor Keith Crommett would be coaching the sr girls as well. Wasn't sure if it was true. Thought he might concentrate on the merry band of elves he returns in sr boys. And I think it's his last chance to coach his dad, that #20 tall fella. Well not so sure it's that he's tall.. may just be that bunch a runts makes him look taller.
I'll tell you what though, ballmember. An appropriate new slogan for our sr high might be, the few and the proud, but we just might surprise some folks in sr girls. Sr boys will have trouble since we can't run that play Davis liked so much last year...called it Carlton make a play very trip. Our sr boys softer than yogurt at 40 degrees, softer than bleu cheese crumbles on a salad, softer than Geno Areuinme Richey's zone defense. That's SOFT.
And Crommett hasn't lost in Brady-Hipp-Richey arena since about the Clinton administration so I'd bet that streak continues.
But guess it's time to get fired back up....
Eagles Flyyyyyyyyyy

not so slim shady

Careful eagle mom deuce. Doggin a guy like corncob that hard on the 1-A board may be considered blasphemous by some. I do agree with the rest of your post though. Anybody know where Auriemma Richey buys his flip flops? Probably the Buckle. He's pretty classy and Buckle is the nickname of yet another class A legend. Important news coming to backboards thread about the ABCA clinic at Hendrix College. Got some big rumors.

JimmyChitwood

To tell you ball member, South Side's sr girls will be very mediocre this season. They return their 3 best players from a very lack luster season but they will struggle to win half their games unfortunately.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas