• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Coaches Association Banquet 4-13-17

Started by Oldref, April 14, 2017, 02:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldref

Very Nice event at Benton last night. Hosted by Channel 7 Steve Sullivan and guest speaker was Former Razorback Anthony Lucas.

Congratulations to the top five players in class A boys and girls. Congratulations also to the coaches of the year!!

Girls:
Whitlee Layne and Mallory Hartley from state champions Bay Lady Yellowjackets
Gracen Smith from Kirby
Brooke Zimmerman from Wonderview
Sade Allison and Maggie Mahan from Nemo Vista
Coach of the year Braden Watson from Bay

Boys:
Taylor Layne from Bay
Josh Ballard and Jahcoree Ealy  from State Champions Guy Perkins
Easton Freeman and Jed Privett from Shirley
Coach of the year Keith Brown from Shirley

no mascot

How were these players and coaches selected?

Oldref

Members of the  association vote for 5 boys and 5 girls from each classification plus a boys and girls coach from each classification.

Moonshiner

April 16, 2017, 12:46:40 am #3 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:54:15 am by Moonshiner
This was not voted on by members of the coaches association as far as I know of.  Congrats to those that were recognized.  Some pretty deserving players not recognized as well though.

HorseFeathers

Oldref

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 16, 2017, 12:46:40 am
This was not voted on by members of the coaches association as far as I know of.  Congrats to those that were recognized.  Some pretty deserving players not recognized as well though.

Not sure how many coaches voted. I was looking for the pictures from the event the day after and saw some posts from a couple weeks ago where they were asking coaches to get their ballots turned in for top five on their facebook page. I agree there were some good players who were not recognized. The ones that were  selected were all really good players but choosing only five will always leave off players that are worthy.

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

Oldref

Central Ark

Quote from: Oldref on April 14, 2017, 10:33:58 pm
Members of the  association vote for 5 boys and 5 girls from each classification plus a boys and girls coach from each classification.

It was the Arkansas basketball coaches association.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldref on April 16, 2017, 02:01:27 pm
My bad I just put what they had listed on a post I saw.

Doesn't suprise me on them butchering a name lol

Moonshiner

Quote from: Central Ark on April 16, 2017, 08:14:01 pm
It was the Arkansas basketball coaches association.

They did a pretty poor job of making sure all coaches knew there was even a vote.

BasketballNeverStops

What year did they start the Top 5? I want to say the season after my senior year (2013-14).

SackAttack

Seems like a very very limited list if you ask me

Brian G

It was 5 boys. 5 girls, 1 girls HC, i boys HC and they did assistant coach as well which is something I like.

Same for each class.

ballmember

Congratulations on the young men and women selected, as well as the coaches.   Watch a whole lot of Class A basketball and don't see how anyone could go wrong with the bunch selected.   Many that I know are a great group of young folks also.      It has been decided so let the kids enjoy !!!   

HorseFeathers

Didn't see the Smith girl play....But a bit suprised norfork didn't get anyone on this list....Oh well though

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas