• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A BOYS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Shirley vs Guy-Perkins (Sat 4:15)

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2017, 08:00:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Shirley
32 (50.8%)
Guy-Perkinns
31 (49.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: March 11, 2017, 06:46:59 pm

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2017, 11:09:44 pm
oh you beat Shirley earlier in the regular season big whoop just like you said we beat guy earlier doesn't mean anything LOL. You just digging yourself in deeper mud
It doesn't because y'all probably would've beat us in state. But we weren't very good. Guy is a different animal right now. They look 10 pts better than you guys do right now. And the final score I think will prove that.

doctor in the house

It was a fun week of basketball.. Congrats and good luck to the 2 teams that I feel played the best basketball this week.. I seem to remember that Coach Brown previously coach at SH. Where is he from originally?

I also would like to congratulate Mt. Ida on doing a fantastic job of hosting this week! Many thanks to all!!

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 11:14:40 pm
It doesn't because y'all probably would've beat us in state. But we weren't very good. Guy is a different animal right now. They look 10 pts better than you guys do right now. And the final score I think will prove that.
Banner don't listen to this guy.  His opinions are pure trash lately.  He just bitter because he ran that big mouth about ICC and got throttled by around 20 then talked trash about them said they were awful and they went further than his team did.  I don't think all of the Bay fans are like him but a few are horrendous losers and talk too much.  Enjoy your time Banner you will never forget the ride. 

thebigman3

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 11:14:40 pm
+1

Thechosen1

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 06, 2017, 07:17:43 am
Banner don't listen to this guy.  His opinions are pure trash lately.  He just bitter because he ran that big mouth about ICC and got throttled by around 20 then talked trash about them said they were awful and they went further than his team did.  I don't think all of the Bay fans are like him but a few are horrendous losers and talk too much.  Enjoy your time Banner you will never forget the ride.
You're really good gonna talk bad about me, with a name like that as your username? How old are you 12? Bounce outta here kid.

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 07:44:02 am
You're really good gonna talk bad about me, with a name like that as your username? How old are you 12? Bounce outta here kid.
Look at your name DB lol. You are one of a few reasons ppl despise ppl from Bay.  Let me guess you moved there your Sr year because you couldn't get anything done at the other schools you went to?  It's ok that you were totally wrong about ICC and y'all being really good

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 07:44:02 am
3 years off on the age also!  You are wrong again.  Remind you of your prediction of ICC game?  I hope Shirley wins be great for that program and coach

Thechosen1

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 06, 2017, 07:59:25 am
Look at your name DB lol. You are one of a few reasons ppl despise ppl from Bay.  Let me guess you moved there your Sr year because you couldn't get anything done at the other schools you went to?  It's ok that you were totally wrong about ICC and y'all being really good
What 😂 Went to Bay k-12 sir. I was wrong. ICC did improve throughout the year and we never got any better. I'll agree with you there.

Thechosen1

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 06, 2017, 08:35:24 am
3 years off on the age also!  You are wrong again.  Remind you of your prediction of ICC game?  I hope Shirley wins be great for that program and coach
I'm sure you've never predicted wrong either. It would be great but it's just not going to happen. GP is the best team this year and Shirley does not have a chance to win this game imo.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: doctor in the house on March 06, 2017, 01:02:50 am
It was a fun week of basketball.. Congrats and good luck to the 2 teams that I feel played the best basketball this week.. I seem to remember that Coach Brown previously coach at SH. Where is he from originally?

I also would like to congratulate Mt. Ida on doing a fantastic job of hosting this week! Many thanks to all!!
He is originally from Shirley..got his dream job!

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 08:44:40 am
What 😂 Went to Bay k-12 sir. I was wrong. ICC did improve throughout the year and we never got any better. I'll agree with you there.
Took a screen shot of this the mighty Chose1 admitted wrong! 😂 Cool Banner I hope your team wins.  If my team can't win it I hope a team that doesn't move in kids wins it

ZacAttack

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 08:45:56 am
I'm sure you've never predicted wrong either. It would be great but it's just not going to happen. GP is the best team this year and Shirley does not have a chance to win this game imo.
"Predicting" Shirley has no chance doesn't make sense.  I will give you GP may be the the best team this season, BUT I saw Shirley beat GP by 10+ early in the season and watched GP win their Regional game against Shirley by 3 points as a possible tying shot bounced off the rim.  So any rational person should say Shirley has a chance.  Should GP just go ahead and order their rings now?

Last season, top ranked and undefeated GP lost to some team in the state tournament.  Many were not giving that team a chance either.  If I remember correctly, the underdogs were down early and came back with a great win.  That's why the games are played.

I'm hoping for a great game on Saturday and the crowning of a new state champion.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 06, 2017, 09:01:04 am
Took a screen shot of this the mighty Chose1 admitted wrong! 😂 Cool Banner I hope your team wins.  If my team can't win it I hope a team that doesn't move in kids wins it
Agree. If Shirley wins it will be with a group of guys who have played together since pee wee. Guys players are from who knows where. Coach Brown deserves some credit for doing it the right way.

SlamminAllStar

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 09:11:49 am
Agree. If Shirley wins it will be with a group of guys who have played together since pee wee. Guys players are from who knows where. Coach Brown deserves some credit for doing it the right way.
+1

Catfish

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 09:11:49 am

+1000000

Catfish

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 10:55:16 pm
Trust me bud, I know plenty. I've won plenty. Kirby was overrated. Wasn't as good as I thought. Deer was bad. Pretty easy road to the finals. Glad you think your teams awesome though after we beat ya ;) and we're on the couch. I just don't like you. And Shirley maybe the worst team to ever make the finals in 1a boys. #truthurts

The worst team to make state finals is the Wonderview boys team from 2014 and it isn't even close.

StateChamps09

A lot of you are remedial. We have 1 kid from another school. 1! That left greenbrier because greenbriers basketball program is rear. I'm
Tired of hearing this "recruited" word. Don't be mad that you can't beat them... I mean it's getting ridiculous.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 06, 2017, 09:42:02 am
A lot of you are remedial. We have 1 kid from another school. 1! That left greenbrier because greenbriers basketball program is rear. I'm
Tired of hearing this "recruited" word. Don't be mad that you can't beat them... I mean it's getting ridiculous.
I will be willing to believe that because you know your team. But, the reason we all say recruited is the past 50 million years that Hutch has been coaching, there has been a funnel of players from greenbrier and other places to win games. In a school that size, you can't possibly have serious talent every single year without a little recruiting. We are going off of past history more than anything.

StateChamps09

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 09:45:53 am
I will be willing to believe that because you know your team. But, the reason we all say recruited is the past 50 million years that Hutch has been coaching, there has been a funnel of players from greenbrier and other places to win games. In a school that size, you can't possibly have serious talent every single year without a little recruiting. We are going off of past history more than anything.

I hate that word because people used it in 09 because we had "move ins" 1 kid that left gb because there basketball program sucked, and another an foster who's mom won championships with guy, under hutch... people under stand what the championships mean to players, and their kids... if I ever move out of state and decide to come back, would my kid be a "move in?"

BannerMountainMan

March 06, 2017, 09:51:10 am #69 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:54:08 am by BannerMountainMan
Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 06, 2017, 09:48:50 am
I hate that word because people used it in 09 because we had "move ins" 1 kid that left gb because there basketball program sucked, and another an foster who's mom won championships with guy, under hutch... people under stand what the championships mean to players, and their kids... if I ever move out of state and decide to come back, would my kid be a "move in?"
Henley kid ain't from Guy either, so that's another important one you lied about as he is yalls man that comes in when you get in foul trouble

StateChamps09

Ahh yup forgot about him... that's my fault... I'll give you that. You had a kid love into the district when things happened with his family... do you think maybe hutch made those things happen to his family to have him move into the district from
Some school a majority of us have never heard of?

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 06, 2017, 09:48:50 am
I would consider anyone a move-in who did not start playing there in the 7th grade. I can understand why people would want to play where the coach is successful and there is a chance for championships. I'm just saying I think it would be great for a team who has all played together forever to win.

StateChamps09

And that's what you got here, minus Ballard and Henley... the other four have been working towards this since they were in seventh\8th grade... the staring 5 minus Ballard have been together since the juniors were in seventh grade...

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 09:51:10 am
Henley kid ain't from Guy either, so that's another important one you lied about as he is yalls man that comes in when you get in foul trouble
No one freaking recruits lol. As in recruiting you're saying hutch is paying him to come? No way. That's a ridiculous statement. Any coach could've told Ballard to come and he chose Guy because of there program and recent success. Leave the kid alone. He did what 99% of every one of you would have done. Beat him or shut up and quit being babies.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 06, 2017, 09:55:22 am
And that's what you got here, minus Ballard and Henley... the other four have been working towards this since they were in seventh\8th grade... the staring 5 minus Ballard have been together since the juniors were in seventh grade...
But with Shirley, I don't have to say minus someone. They are all from Shirley!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 09:56:47 am
No one freaking recruits lol. As in recruiting you're saying hutch is paying him to come? No way. That's a ridiculous statement. Any coach could've told Ballard to come and he chose Guy because of there program and recent success. Leave the kid alone. He did what 99% of every one of you would have done. Beat him or shut up and quit being babies.
recruiting does not mean your paying the players are you stupid.. college coaches recruit legally by not paying players, get out of here with that crap..recruiting means looking at other players and trying to get them come in, unless you know something about paying players?? Bay fans please stand up and get this guy before he accidentally lets something out

StateChamps09

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2017, 09:56:47 am

Omg thank you! I don't think we've ever agreed on something

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 10:01:18 am
recruiting does not mean your paying the players are you stupid.. college coaches recruit legally by not paying players, get out of here with that crap..recruiting means looking at other players and trying to get them come in, unless you know something about paying players?? Bay fans please stand up and get this guy before he accidentally lets something out
+100

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2017, 10:55:16 pm
Trust me bud, I know plenty. I've won plenty. Kirby was overrated. Wasn't as good as I thought. Deer was bad. Pretty easy road to the finals. Glad you think your teams awesome though after we beat ya ;) and we're on the couch. I just don't like you. And Shirley maybe the worst team to ever make the finals in 1a boys. #truthurts
why not just stay off this thread? you can hate on shirley all you want but that just shows how jealous you are that they are playing for a state title. and if your team was so much better then why are they not in the finals? LOL at you

StateChamps09

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 06, 2017, 09:57:08 am
But with Shirley, I don't have to say minus someone. They are all from Shirley!!

And I'm not taking anything away from Shirley. Some of our boys (not sure how many cause I didn't get all of there thought on it) wanted y'all to win to get in the finals. Because they said if they didn't get it they'd rather Shirley have it then anyone else.. no neee to fight or blast each other, i honestly wish both teams the best of luck, and hope to see a great clean game Saturday. See y'all at the finals!

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 06, 2017, 10:03:35 am
And I'm not taking anything away from Shirley. Some of our boys (not sure how many cause I didn't get all of there thought on it) wanted y'all to win to get in the finals. Because they said if they didn't get it they'd rather Shirley have it then anyone else.. no neee to fight or blast each other, i honestly wish both teams the best of luck, and hope to see a great clean game Saturday. See y'all at the finals!
Agree! I honestly like the fact that two teams from north central Arkansas are playing in the ship instead of the NEA teams or the SWA teams that typically do.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 06, 2017, 10:03:35 am
this is a great post! pretty cool that two team less than an hour away are in the championship game!

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 10:11:01 am
this is a great post! pretty cool that two team less than an hour away are in the championship game!
+1

thebigman3

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 10:03:28 am
why not just stay off this thread? you can hate on shirley all you want but that just shows how jealous you are that they are playing for a state title. and if your team was so much better then why are they not in the finals? LOL at you
Cause his team played a harder team in the first round than yours did to get there.

Hero of Twin Groves

My inside sources say that all of Shirley's starting 5 did not play "pee wee" together any truth to this?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 06, 2017, 10:12:54 am
Cause his team played a harder team in the first round than yours did to get there.
shouldnt of lost to ICC LOL which Shirley didn't do and they would've had a straight shot to Shirley in the semis

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 06, 2017, 10:13:39 am
My inside sources say that all of Shirley's starting 5 did not play "pee wee" together any truth to this?
all 5 of them have been at Shirley since kindergarten and the other two guys that come off the bench have been there since kindergarten too. ALL have been here their WHOLE life 

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 10:14:26 am
shouldnt of lost to ICC LOL which Shirley didn't do and they would've had a straight shot to Shirley in the semis
I thought thechosen1 was a Bay fan?

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 10:14:26 am
+100 ;D ;D

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 06, 2017, 10:13:39 am
Technically, this is true because Fuller (#3) didn't play pee wees because he was completely unathletic until high school, he was a late bloomer, but he has gone to Shirley all his life.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 06, 2017, 10:16:19 am
I thought thechosen1 was a Bay fan?
he is..if they wouldn't of lost to ICC in the regional finals they would be in ICC's spot and had a straight easy path to Shirley

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 10:17:47 am
he is..if they wouldn't of lost to ICC in the regional finals they would be in ICC's spot and had a straight easy path to Shirley
exactly! and he said shirley had an easy path to the finals, but his team lost to a team shirley beat!

Hero of Twin Groves

Well banner and Jim noooooooot exactly. Do some more research and get back. Maybe ask someone who has actually been there their whole life.

thebigman3

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on March 06, 2017, 10:19:11 am
exactly! and he said shirley had an easy path to the finals, but his team lost to a team shirley beat!
Like I've said before, Basketball is the most inconsistent sport.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 06, 2017, 10:20:17 am
Well banner and Jim noooooooot exactly. Do some more research and get back. Maybe ask someone who has actually been there their whole life.
ask them what? This post don't even make sense

thebigman3

Didn't one of Shirley's starters go to Nemo before Shirley?

Bigleague

I may be wrong.  But I think 30 from Shirley went to armorel

PeedeecreekBoy99

BannerMountainMan

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 06, 2017, 10:23:59 am
in 2nd grade for 1 year, #23
Kids got a shot on him, but he don't shoot against Guy for some reason.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas