• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preseson top 10

Started by godeep, July 29, 2014, 10:53:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

godeep

Who are going to be some of the top teams this year in 5A boys? Regular teams for list all have taken a hit. Alma(6A) Clarksville (Graduation) Forrest City (Graduation) Harrison (Graduation) Camden(New Coach) all have been hit hard. Some will reappear no doubt but are there any new contenders?

think

If McClellan can keep all there kids from last year, they should be considered a favorite.

MikeDiesel™

Forrest City should be very good again.  Quite a bit younger I think, but still very good.

BigMan15

Will Farmington be any good this year

hogwild29

Jacksonville should be decent this year

Vteagle

V-town will be better than last year! Top Ten?  Not ready to step off into that yet but certainly have the athletes and coach to make some noise!!!!

godeep

Watch out for Hot Springs. Played well in tourney and have everybody back.

vtowneagles

Ehhh idk that vilonia will be better than last year! They will miss Wilkins A LOT! Vilonia should be very interesting to watch! They are very small at guards and that will kill them

Vteagle

Ok, Wilkins will be missed but...... We were so tall at guard last year?  This team WILL be better than last!!!!

BigMan15

Farmington has some good young players will they able to keep up in 5A

Cajun Hog

Maumelle is loaded and hard to beat.

Silky Johnson

Maumelle has been good in 4A the past few years. In 5A this year they will be scary good. Greene County Tech from the 5A East can shoot it and has a 6'7 and 6'6 guy down low. The big key for GCT will be if they are hitting those shots. I saw them this summer shoot bad and lose a game they shouldn't have. When they are hitting though they can be tough to handle.

centralarfan

Quote from: Cajun Hog on August 21, 2014, 07:48:41 pm
Maumelle is loaded and hard to beat.
I am glad someone finally gave them some respect.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 22, 2014, 02:08:53 pm
Maumelle has been good in 4A the past few years. In 5A this year they will be scary good. Greene County Tech from the 5A East can shoot it and has a 6'7 and 6'6 guy down low. The big key for GCT will be if they are hitting those shots. I saw them this summer shoot bad and lose a game they shouldn't have. When they are hitting though they can be tough to handle.

I was referring to 5A west.

woods

MikeDiesel the east should be wide open for the 1st time in years. FC is very young with only 2 seniors on entire roster. Once conference rolls around they should be fighting for playoff spot. Doubt they can get a 1 seed but should be in the hunt.

MikeDiesel™

Seniors or not, that guard is good. And the young talent they have is impressive. Most of the conference was young last year. Blytheville should look better, but their PG from last year moved out of state. Everyone in the conference should be better this other than FC and Paragould (the only ones that seemed to have a lot of seniors last year.)

Should be a fun year. Maybe one or 2 can step up and make a playoff run this year

Jock

5A:  I like McClellan, Maumelle, Greene Cnty Tech, Hot Springs, Morrilton, and LR Christian as a longshot.  Jacksonville should be in the mix too.

NEA Razorback olfan

Anybody have a top 10 for the girls?

AT

Since no one seems comfortable (including myself) at throwing a top 10 out, I'll go ahead and do it.

1. Jacksonville - Honestly, I thought they had quite a few juniors play last year? Maybe I'm wrong. Anyways they are always deep and reload. Much like Greenwood in football.

2. McClellan - Had a few very talented sophomores playing. Should be tough to beat

3. Hot Springs - A very good team that almost, maybe should have, beat Harrison last year...and they were sophmore laden.

4. Morrilton - They return most of their key contributors from a team that started off hot last year and made the quarters

5. Maumelle - Maybe I'm buying too much into the hype, but they were a very solid 4A club

6. Pulaski Academy - I think Lawson Korita keeps this team afloat. They need some more talent around him, though.

7. Forrest City - I will get flak for putting the defending champs this low, but they lost a lot of key contributors, especially down low. They do return some young talent, though.

8. Harrison - Yes, they lost Grant and Marseilles to graduation, maybe their two best shooters, but they return Huskey and that freshmen postman. Harrison will be fine in my opinion.

9. Watson Chapel - Didn't they have some young talent on a team that looked pretty good against McClellan last year in the playoffs?

10. Vilonia - A dark horse in my opinion. A lot of length on that team.
'

centralarfan

September 28, 2014, 10:42:27 am #19 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:44:42 am by centralarfan
I do not think McClellan will be as strong as they were last season. They still have #20 Jones and KJ Hayes. But if I am correct they lost 3 starters that chose to transfer. They will still be competitive this season. LR Mills will be one of the surprises in 5A Central this season. I heard they have one of McClellan starters and a Sylvan Hills transfer this season. The 5A Central should look like:
1. Jacksonville
2. LR Mills
3. LR McClellan
4. LR Fair
5. North Pulaski
6. PA
7.Beebe
8.SH

NEA Razorback olfan

Valley View and Farmington in Girls

Mamba13

1. Jacksonville
2. Hot Springs
3. McClellan 
4. Morrillton
5. PA
6. Harrison
7. Mills
8. Bebe
9. Watson Chapel
10. Maumelle

Vteagle

Please keep overlooking Vilonia, I love it! :)

Chughes11

Hot springs will make a run for a CHAMPIONSHIP, they're whole team was sophomores last year. Look out for them. They have quite a few Studs

centralarfan

1. Jacksonville
2. FC
3. Hot Springs
4. WC
5. Maumelle
6. McClellan
7. Mills
8.Harrison
9. PA
10. Vilonia

godeep

I wish we were that good centralarfan(FC). We might be for all I know. Haven't watched them practice this year. Glasper is really good but after that it is up in the air. Hot Springs vs. FC opening the sason will give idea how good we might be. Hot Springs is my early season favorite to win it all.

Bullethead

Not sure about the rest of the state in senior girls, but the 5A East should be pretty good.  I will not be surprised if 3 of these teams make the 5A final four!
* Batesville- talented sophomore class and new coach with great credentials
* Nettleton - Should be the favorite; most size and talent in conference
* Tech - lots of talent coming back and can shoot the basketball
* Paragould - not much size; lots of guards; great coaching will account for a couple of surprises
* Valley View- very talented and much success the past 2 years;will have to adjust to higher talent level night in and night out in the 5A East; their old 4A conference and Region was weak

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bullethead on October 13, 2014, 09:54:07 am
Not sure about the rest of the state in senior girls, but the 5A East should be pretty good.  I will not be surprised if 3 of these teams make the 5A final four!
* Batesville- talented sophomore class and new coach with great credentials
* Nettleton - Should be the favorite; most size and talent in conference
* Tech - lots of talent coming back and can shoot the basketball
* Paragould - not much size; lots of guards; great coaching will account for a couple of surprises
* Valley View- very talented and much success the past 2 years;will have to adjust to higher talent level night in and night out in the 5A East; their old 4A conference and Region was weak

I would say Nettleton is the most improved team I've seen this summer, believe I heard them and Brookland split at Team camp. Their 6'2-3 girl is tough inside . Plus they have some young nice guards. They should do well.

clockkiller

Why are you leaving out the 5A west mo-town v-town Greenbrier

AT

Quote from: clockkiller on November 02, 2014, 04:34:37 pm
Why are you leaving out the 5A west mo-town v-town Greenbrier

Greenbrier graduated their best player. Don't know what they have behind him

Headballcoach

Quote from: godeep on July 30, 2014, 10:55:39 am
  Watch out for Hot Springs. Played well in tourney and have everybody back.

These guys are for real. They will win it this year or next.

godeep

Saw both Hot Springs,Jacksonville and Forrest City today in a jamboree. Hot Springs looks the part of a contender. Strong and aggressive.  Forrest City looks like a team that lost 7 seniors that won a state title. Young and inexperienced. Should be very competitive come conference time. Jacksonville looks like they want to make 3rd straight trip to finals.

Coachbanks12

Hot Springs and Jacksonville play in Hot Springs on November 18th. That should be a good game

pantherblue

From what I have heard Greenbrier has better shooters than they have had in a while. 

AT

Quote from: pantherblue on November 10, 2014, 11:08:05 pm
From what I have heard Greenbrier has better shooters than they have had in a while.

Know much else PB? I know you aren't able to get involved too much anymore, but do you think they could be legit conference contenders while losing Simmons? (or was it Timmons? I keep forgetting)

Grond

5A East Boys: Blytheville.  They were young last year, and have a lot of athleticism.

chickasaw fan

Blytheville will be athletic, but not sure how the guys will handle the new coach. He was at UT Martin. Had a terrible record.

pantherblue

I'm not sure but one of the coaches is my golfing buddy and a great friend. I'll find out.  He did say they shoot the ball very well.  Will find out more. 

godeep

After watching Forrest City and Hot Springs I believe both are Top 10 teams. Hot Springs 1 thru 4, Forrest City 6 thru 10.

BigMan15

Maumelle has another transfer from conway thats very very good....they will be very hard to beat this year..

godeep

Top 10 so far this season.

1.   Hot Springs
2.   Forrest City
3.   Jacksonville
4.   Mills
5.   Watson Chapel
6.   Wynne
7.   Maumelle
8.   Pulaski Academy
9.   Morrilton
10  Harrison

PercussionMan

Quote from: Vteagle on October 11, 2014, 11:09:25 am
Please keep overlooking Vilonia, I love it! :)

Saw them last year at Morrilton lead most of the game, only to have Morrilton surge and then win it on a last second basket.  They were young but had good size up front and good shooters outside.  They play a very good team game, both offensively and defensively.  I expect them to make some noise in the West. 

AT

Quote from: godeep on December 05, 2014, 08:06:36 am
Top 10 so far this season.

1.   Hot Springs
2.   Forrest City
3.   Jacksonville
4.   Mills
5.   Watson Chapel
6.   Wynne
7.   Maumelle
8.   Pulaski Academy
9.   Morrilton
10  Harrison

Good list from the scores I've seen.

Titan Spirit

I am thinking McClellan should be on that list

think

Quote from: Titan Spirit on December 17, 2014, 01:41:03 pm
I am thinking McClellan should be on that list

Top 5. They have 2 of the top players in 5a in Jones and Hayes.

neds

Quote from: Jock on September 27, 2014, 07:12:57 pm
5A:  I like McClellan, Maumelle, Greene Cnty Tech, Hot Springs, Morrilton, and LR Christian as a longshot.  Jacksonville should be in the mix too.

Episcopal defeats Hot Springs Lakeside 70-41 last night and LRCA 70-53 tonight
After watching I would not think either team will be a threat

MDXPHD

Lakeside and Hot Springs are two very different programs.

Eagle20

Quote from: neds on January 03, 2015, 09:09:44 pm
Quote from: Jock on September 27, 2014, 07:12:57 pm

Episcopal defeats Hot Springs Lakeside 70-41 last night and LRCA 70-53 tonight
After watching I would not think either team will be a threat
. Correct Ned's.  Lakeside will struggle and they were missing their best player and another starter vs ECS.  LRCA has some team turmoil they are fighting and are 2-8.  I thought they played fairly well vs ECS in cutting it to 6 in the second half after being down 25-7 but they are not good right now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas