• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

<<<< 5A SCORES THURSDAY>>>>

Started by Brian G, March 05, 2014, 10:39:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Please post scores here.
Since only one game is being played at a time please elaborate with as much info as you can for those not at the scene.

Thanks

AT

AT

Titan Spirit

Thanks Alma appreciate the updates will you be able to keep us updated all day?

AT

Yes sir

Girls
Vilonia 43
FC 35

End of 3rd

AT

AT

K. Lee and Thompson with 2 fouls

Clarksville 11
Beebe 9

End of 1st

AT

Thompson with 3

Clarksville 24
Beebe 19
Half

Titan Spirit

AT

Coach Davis for Cville got a Technical for some reason at the end of the quarter

Boys
Clarksville 39
Beebe 34

End 3rd

Go Postal

Chief_Osceola™

Clarksville is now up by 10 mid-way through the 4th.  It sounds like they decided to turn the switch on.

AT

Boys

Clarksville 57
Beebe 45

Final

Go Postal

Congrats Vilonia girls and Clarksville boys.

AT

Girls
Paragould 21
Alma 11
End of 1st

AT

AT

Girls

Paragould 70
Alma 38 final

Boys
FC 15
Alma 18

End of 1st

AT

Go Postal

Titan Spirit

mightymustangs1

Forest City up 2 with around 1:45 left

Im just watching it online so I dont know the exact time

mightymustangs1

Go Postal

oldscribe

At least the cameras could pan up at the scoreboard from time to time!!!

ZoneBuster

FC wins by 3 according to twitter. Thompson with 27 and 15

mightymustangs1

businesstron

It looks like Forrest City won from how they were acting.  What was the final score though?

Go Postal

Good game to watch.  Did #24 from FC have most of their points?  But, good game to watch.  Congrats FC, but also to Alma playing it close.

AT

Sorry guys, the Wifi in Airedale Arena was pretty bad in the 2nd half of the Alma game so I didn't bother with it.

Alma players and coaches have nothing to be ashamed of. I could say a lot about the Airedales, but I'm too proud to express in words right now. Great game by the guys.

FC can win state, but they need to figure out real quick that Trey Thompson should touch the ball every time and the offense should run through him.

AB™

Quote from: Go Postal on March 06, 2014, 07:21:07 pm
Good game to watch.  Did #24 from FC have most of their points?  But, good game to watch.  Congrats FC, but also to Alma playing it close.
He had 27, so yeah, he had a lot of them.  They had two other bigs (#10 and #15) who are good players and probably scored in or close to double figures and a guard (#1) who hit some shots and is a pretty good player.  Alma's tallest player is about 6'3" and they chose to throw single coverage at Thompson all game for some reason.  Every time he caught it on the block it was essentially an automatic two points unless we fouled him. 

It was a great game, though.  I thought Alma was dead in the water when we fell behind 54-47 with about 3 minutes to go.  Great effort from our boys to nearly pull of the upset and congrats to Forrest City on the win.

And to the poster who asked, the final score was 68-65 and Forrest City won in OT.

Track15

Anybody know the score to Hot Springs/McClellan game?

AT

Girls

Hot Springs 30
McClellan 21

Halftime

AT

Girls

Hot Springs 43
McClellan 38

end of 3rd

mightymustangs1

Heres a link to watch the Little Rock Christian vs. Hot Springs game

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/92158

AT

Girls

Hot Springs 58
McClellan 47

FINAL

mightymustangs1

mightymustangs1

PercussionMan

Quote from: mightymustangs1 on March 06, 2014, 07:17:47 pm
Final OT
Forest City 68
Alma 65

Is this any indication that the West is that much better than this East?  Or, is it a typical tournament game where a #4 really showed up (at home, of course) against a #1?

kleinjd

Forrest City completely overlooked Alma and was not ready for them.... And teams like Alma always give FC fits...

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: PercussionMan on March 07, 2014, 01:31:55 pm
Quote from: mightymustangs1 on March 06, 2014, 07:17:47 pm
Final OT
Forest City 68
Alma 65

Is this any indication that the West is that much better than this East?  Or, is it a typical tournament game where a #4 really showed up (at home, of course) against a #1?

I haven't watched any West teams play, but the East is pretty down this year.  They are mostly really young teams though.  So, it's got a pretty decent chance of improving in the next couple years.

AT

Quote from: kleinjd on March 07, 2014, 02:06:51 pm
Forrest City completely overlooked Alma and was not ready for them.... And teams like Alma always give FC fits...

I can't see FC overlooking the host team after their success in the state tournament the past few years.

Maybe they underestimated them, but that should have ended after the 1st quarter.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas