• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

best players of 2014-2015

Started by Pfan1115, September 05, 2014, 10:12:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfan1115

who are the best players in class 1a for the 2014-15 season? And who are your top ten teams?

Baller4life23

Baller4life23

Pfan1115

Eagles

Watson at Bay
Jackson at Acorn
Siebenmorgen at Scranton
Pg at Emerson

Best 4 in class A.

PuddlePirate12

The pg at Emerson is a sophomore. Probably one of the best sophomores in the state but I wouldn't say best players yet

FreeMoney

The Beck kid at Wonderview has to be in the conversation somewhere.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FreeMoney on September 07, 2014, 09:08:50 pm
The Beck kid at Wonderview has to be in the conversation somewhere.

What is he a 5th year senior? Seems like he's been there forever...

pootnscoot

Pritchett and Watson at Bay.  Walker at ICC deserves mention. Lewis at Norfork probably  a year away. Siebenmorgen at Scranton. Richardson at Concord. Looking forward to getting a look at the Emerson PG.

SHS Baller

Tavion Revels @ Emerson , Jeffers is pretty good but he no Revels
Watson @ Bay
Jackson @ Acorn

SHS Baller

I am pretty sure they were referring to last years PG (Tavion Revels) which is a Junior this year.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on September 07, 2014, 11:17:31 am
The pg at Emerson is a sophomore. Probably one of the best sophomores in the state but I wouldn't say best players yet

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: SHS Baller on September 08, 2014, 12:32:12 pm
I am pretty sure they were referring to last years PG (Tavion Revels) which is a Junior this year.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on September 07, 2014, 11:17:31 am

Yeah I know who they are

Jonnyboy1215

Trinity Christian's team is mostly seniors who've been playing together their entire lives. Think any of them will stand out this season?

PuddlePirate12

Their best player hasn't been there the entire time. He just moved there this year.

Jonnyboy1215

He wasn't able to come to trinity due to family issues, but the starters have been together since at least freshman year

PuddlePirate12

When the seniors this year were freshman trinity was the only team in our district that could play us close. Both games (TC didn't have a senior girls team so both junior highs played both times) the game was within 10 points. But the two best TC players from that year both moved to some school in Texas I believe

Jonnyboy1215

Yes the best player moved and then another starter moved to another school in Arkansas for baseball, but they had another freshman that year who wasn't eligible to play since he had transferred and had to sit out a year because of AAA rules. So with him in the lineup with three other starters from that team, they could be decent, but they do lack size which could hurt them.

PuddlePirate12

Not many 1a teams have much size. TC has some big postmen but i don't know if they can get up and down the court for 4 quarters

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on September 08, 2014, 09:15:36 pm
Not many 1a teams have much size. TC has some big postmen but i don't know if they can get up and down the court for 4 quarters
I knew they had one 6'4" guy who's really skinny, but that's all I knew of. We'll have to see how their coach rotates the lineup. Last year was their first year with that coach and he seems to know what he's doing, so hopefully he can turn their losing streak to a winning streak this season.

PuddlePirate12

I don't remember any 6'4" guys.  Maybe the real big boy but  he's not skinny

Jonnyboy1215

Yeah the big kid is out till January for grades from last year, but they do have a 6'4" player who will probably start till the big guy gets back.

PuddlePirate12

Jonnyboy1215

Yes. My nephew attends trinity, so I'm probably a little biased haha

PuddlePirate12

Nothing wrong with that. I'm biased towards Emerson. I've got family that goes there. Hope they do well this year.

Jonnyboy1215

NEA Razorback olfan

Does Emerson full court press, push the ball ? Play man ?

PuddlePirate12

I'm sure. They didn't press or push it at camps though

Pfan1115

I agree beck and the big from nemo vista need to be mentioned. Both work extremly hard

Will.I.Am.

I mean, just pick any kid off Rural Special's starting 5, and there's the best player in 1A. 2-5 is also on that team. What a pointless thread. Smh

Moonshiner

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on September 11, 2014, 03:15:42 am
I mean, just pick any kid off Rural Special's starting 5, and there's the best player in 1A. 2-5 is also on that team. What a pointless thread. Smh

Why is it a pointless thread? Rural Special isn't so Special anymore, but a few years ago they could've handled MV rather easily. So I'm trying to figure out your sarcasm.

WPWells

Everyone will just talk up a kid in their own team

Moonshiner

He's a Mtn. View guy. Rural is almost a feeder system for them.

SirSwish

Quote from: Baller4life23 on September 06, 2014, 10:24:09 pm
Seth siebenmorgen. Scranton.

I agree completely with this, I felt like last year, when I saw him play at state.....he was definitely the best play maker on the floor and the smartest guard I had seen in 1A.  I am sure with his leadership, they will go a long way this year.

Silky Johnson

This is nothing against any class A players because I have seen most of the guys mentioned on here but, Colton Watson is the best scorer in 1A and from 40 feet out he is a threat. Tyler Pritchett is not far behind him if not just as good. If he can stay healthy he will light it up.

Will.I.Am.

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 11, 2014, 07:52:56 am

Why is it a pointless thread? Rural Special isn't so Special anymore, but a few years ago they could've handled MV rather easily. So I'm trying to figure out your sarcasm.

There's nothing to figure out. It was 100% a joke. Maybe you would realize that if you'd stop knocking back grandpa's cough medicine.

Pfan1115

Rural special is te worst team ive ever saw

Moonshiner

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on September 11, 2014, 12:37:04 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on September 11, 2014, 07:52:56 am

There's nothing to figure out. It was 100% a joke. Maybe you would realize that if you'd stop knocking back grandpa's cough medicine.

Looked like a slam on either Class A basketball or Rural Special.  I doubt your MS principal there would appreciate your humor.  Or for that matter any of your coaches since they are all former class A coaches.
And I drink my own brew. Didn't steal it from Grandpa.

ballmember

I really dont appreciate people slamming or bad mouthing a particular school or player.  All different, Rural Special was one of the best Class A teams both boys and girls at one time for a long time.  Not now, but certainly not the worst.  A lot has changed in rural Arkansas,  part of it we can thank our legislators for the changes with the small schools.     Part of it, people moving out of rural Arkansas, which certainly doesnt help Class A schools.

I have also enjoyed being on this board because most everyone is very considerate about high school kids.  That is what it is about. 

Will.I.Am.

In this thread, Moonshiner and ballmember greatly overreact.

Colton Watson in my opinion is the best player. I've mentioned this kid a lot for like 3 years now since he was a freshman at Hoxie.

Silky Johnson

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on September 11, 2014, 11:02:35 pm

Colton Watson in my opinion is the best player. I've mentioned this kid a lot for like 3 years now since he was a freshman at Hoxie.

I think he's gotten better each year. This year with him having other scorers but also having the green light he will be able to just play ball.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on September 11, 2014, 11:02:35 pm

Maybe so, but it's hard not to when a 3A guy jumps in on a conversation out of nowhere with a comment like that.    I'll agree I probably came back at you a little harsh, but those kids at Fox do as well as they can. It would be like a 6A guy getting on the 3A board and making a similar statement about someone from Mtn. View being the best player in 3A.  You of all people should know it's going to be a tough year up there for your guys. Just comes across, to me, as a slap in the face. Sorry if I took it wrong.

pootnscoot

WILL. I have followed your post on the 3A board for a long time. You are very knowledgeable and I welcome you to the 1A board. These 1A dogs protect their yards fiercely. Hang around you will admire their passion.

Will.I.Am.

Maybe I'm just used to posting way more on the 3A board and everybody knows me there. But I spend a lot of time on this board as well. I did the schedules for 3A and 1A during the season for 2 years and traveled all over to watch 1A and 3A district, region, and state tournaments. I take jabs at rural special a lot but it's just a joke since they're in the same area as Mountain View.
No hard feelings from this end. I tend to joke around sometimes, especially with J.D. because I've known that dude a while now.

I'm not going anywhere. I'll more than likely bring much more basketball specific, knowledgeable, not jabs at Rural Special, posts in the future.

ballmember

New committ to the University of Arkansas and Coach Dykes!!!  All may be aware but she is not 7A; not 6A; not 5A; not 4A; certainly not 3A; not 2A----but from Class A Wonderview-Ms Zimmerman congratulations!!!
Have watched her play quite a bit and she can play the game!!! 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ballmember on September 12, 2014, 03:18:13 pm
New committ to the University of Arkansas and Coach Dykes!!!  All may be aware but she is not 7A; not 6A; not 5A; not 4A; certainly not 3A; not 2A----but from Class A Wonderview-Ms Zimmerman congratulations!!!
Have watched her play quite a bit and she can play the game!!!

Congrats to this young lady!

J.D.

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on September 12, 2014, 02:20:12 pm
Maybe I'm just used to posting way more on the 3A board and everybody knows me there. But I spend a lot of time on this board as well. I did the schedules for 3A and 1A during the season for 2 years and traveled all over to watch 1A and 3A district, region, and state tournaments. I take jabs at rural special a lot but it's just a joke since they're in the same area as Mountain View.
No hard feelings from this end. I tend to joke around sometimes, especially with J.D. because I've known that dude a while now.

I'm not going anywhere. I'll more than likely bring much more basketball specific, knowledgeable, not jabs at Rural Special, posts in the future.

Hey it could be worse. At least Fox isn't Timbo.

Bro. Did you know Austin (yes that Austin) is playing for a Community College in Mississippi?

J.D.

Congratulations to Bailey Zimmerman!

Will.I.Am.

I have an Austin in mind but I'm about 98% sure it IS NOT that Austin.

J.D.

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on September 13, 2014, 07:40:09 am
I have an Austin in mind but I'm about 98% sure it IS NOT that Austin.

Change it to 100%.

I'm being dead serious.

Will.I.Am.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas