• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bay results

Started by Batman44, June 06, 2014, 02:17:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman44

Wonderin how Bay did, and looked, at the Dexter MO event. Counting on some of the Bay posters for detailed info.

Oldref

Saw a lot of teams play today in this huge event in Dexter. Teams from many different states and all size schools. I was impressed with the work coaches were putting in teaching and working on different game situations. Who knows what might happen and it is extremely early but Bay has lots of firepower and look like they are going to get it up and down the floor quickly with lots of personnel ready to play. One game they had 7 players make at least one three point basket. This team is going to be fun to watch.

Batman44

Thanks for the update.

jacket3

Here are some scores from this weekend for bay at the rib city shoot out. Sr.boys bay over bloomfield 47-35/ Alton over Bay 52-49/ Bay over Thayer 71-60/Bay over South Iron(annapolis,Mo.) 55-52/West Plains over Bay I have no score for that one.Bracket play Bay over Butler 52-43 and pocahantas over Bay 43-31. / Jr. boys over Nothview,Tn,. 64-37/jr boys over Alton 49-26/jr. boys over GCT by 6/Bracket play jr. Boys over sikeston 52-29 and finals Jr. boys loses to west plains I have no score for that one.

Oldref

Was a good start to the summer season with lots of quality competition from larger schools mostly from Missouri. Summer basketball is a totally different type of game with the more physical teams usually winning since almost nothing is called. 7 games in two days.........not many teams had much left by late yesterday. This event was first class and gave small schools some good competition from larger schools. Ribs at Hickory Log and Dexter BBQ were worth the trip. Proud of how the Jr and Sr Bay kids competed both days.

Bristol

Hate to say it Bay but you weren't playing larger schools from Missouri.  Thayer, Alton, bloomfield, and South Iron are all smaller than you.

NWA Hawg

I thought they were smaller as well

NWA Hawg

Is Watson already playing with y'all?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bristol on June 10, 2014, 02:58:31 pm
Hate to say it Bay but you weren't playing larger schools from Missouri.  Thayer, Alton, bloomfield, and South Iron are all smaller than you.

High school enrollments per the Missouri version of the AAA: Alton(224), Bloomfield(206), South Iron(100), Thayer(170)....not sure if that's 9-12, or only 3 grades..but
Bay is at 118 10-12(real enrollment(from ADE website) not AAA average)....Sooo...try again? Or correct my information...

Oldref

Point I was making is Bay was one of the smallest if not the smallest school at the event. West Plains, Pocahontas were probably the largest we played but there were lots of others even larger than them.Saw a school called College Prep that was awsome. I never said every school Bay played was larger just most of them. Based on HF's reserach it appears all of them but South Iron were larger and South Iron was tough. I never heard of some of those schools but learned a lot of Missouri basketball history talking to fans from those areas. Most of them never heard of Bay either. Imagine that !!!LOL

Real deal

Quote from: HF on June 11, 2014, 01:16:49 am
Quote from: Bristol on June 10, 2014, 02:58:31 pm

High school enrollments per the Missouri version of the AAA: Alton(224), Bloomfield(206), South Iron(100), Thayer(170)....not sure if that's 9-12, or only 3 grades..but
Bay is at 118 10-12(real enrollment(from ADE website) not AAA average)....Sooo...try again? Or correct my information...

HF you are a research machine.  I have chosen to stay away from Bay talk going to go back to doing alot more reading and less posting after this, because obviously its pretty easy to see what is coming.  So, let me say this, Bay has a chance to be really really good.  They played 16 people at the Rib City shoot out and often times subbed 5 in and 5 out trying many different combinations because they are going to really try to play up tempo I think.  Colton Watson is playing, he has been living in Bay since the end of May but did not practice with the team before Rib City except maybe once or twice and really all they are doing right now is lifting and shooting.  They played rec ball pretty much just trying to really get up and down the floor.  They have along way to go, but as I heard one of our players say after it was over we "suck" at the first of every summer, and thinking back over the years he is right.  They lift like crazy all Spring and most of June and July and nobody shoots it real well, last year they went away from some of the lifting because they were so young and needed to get started on some things earlier.  After the early exit from regionals this year, they have went back old school and are really focused on getting bigger, faster, and stronger.  Personally, I thought you could see glimpses of how good they can be and that is they could be a special team.  For the most part they looked like a team playing pick up and sometimes they ended up ahead on the scoreboard and sometimes they did not and one game I'm pretty sure the score wasn't even a factor in what Coach Brannen was trying to do.  No excuses, expectations are high, the most positive part about the team that I saw is that they are already really positive and together.  Everyone was really unselfish which I think led to alot of the turnovers because everyone overpassed.  Those people who were hoping Colton would come in and be some sort of distraction or hindrance, I'm sorry I don't think its going to happen.  One thing they did do well was be good teammates and it already looks like it is all for one, one for all.  I'm sure there will be frustration shown by someone at some point and that pretty much happens with all really good or competitive players, they are still kids.  However, this team 1-16 looks like a family already to me and thats good enough in June.  They will get better, only problem I see is outside of Crain we are undersized, but we have been in that position before where our guards had to be great rebounders, this group has as much athletic ability as any we have had so I think they can overcome that.  The team is together pretty much 24/7 right now, you would have had to be at the Rib City shootout to understand really how some wins and losses were determined.  I would love to be able to play about 5-7 of those teams when the season starts, one of them I think we will in Pocahontas and they are for real.  At the end of the day, I don't think Bay and Coach Brannen care about the size of the school, the track record will show that, there was no one at the camp that Bay couldn't play with, and to be honest from the score standpoint some of the schools we played caught a break that they wouldn't dare catch in the regular season.  West Plains and Pocahontas beat us and were the 2 games that were played closest to normal type situations.  Keep in mind at this camp, no one fouls out and you get points for free throws you don't shoot.  It is a great event, one I hope we go back to, but Bay is going to be just fine, what many were hoping to be their downfall, turmoil, jealousy, etc. I know its scary but that aint happening, the basketball part was always going to be the easiest to piece of the puzzle and they are working on that.  Good luck to everyone.  Go yellowjackets!!

jacketman

Could you break the next post into paragraphs please.....lol

Radiotalker

Quote from: jacketman on June 11, 2014, 11:58:58 am

I agree....my gosh....I quit reading

Real deal

Quote from: Radiotalker on June 11, 2014, 03:33:11 pm
Quote from: jacketman on June 11, 2014, 11:58:58 am

I agree....my gosh....I quit reading

I'm sorry, batman asked for details, I'm really hurt that you quit reading. Yea right you obviously wanted to read about bay or you wouldn't have came here. My gosh

pootnscoot

Working on my ninja moves. Getting ready for the rowdy Bay fans. Figure with the team they are putting together this year. they will be in full blown roid rage straight out of the gate. Better be playing Yanni at the home games to take the edge off of them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas