• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma Airedale Football

Started by okiemichealj, November 17, 2008, 12:28:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

okiemichealj

Will the higher up's ever name the stadium after Coach Vines in some manner.....Frank Vines Field at Airedale Stadium?

BillyJack™

A lot of fans have asked and talked about that same question. As far as I know it will not. I heard rumor {and it is just rumor at this point}that the new field house may be named in honor of.

shiloh forever

dogline

RD™

When you hear Alma, you hear Frank Vines -- The Dean. Alma should do something for him.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: dogline on November 17, 2008, 07:33:44 pm
2 words it's over
Seriously, quit hijacking every thread about Alma.  You've grown tiresome to even the most ardent GW fans.

dogline

Oh finally getting on your nerves the way you have been doing for the last several weeks

Quite Frankly

Quote from: dogline on November 17, 2008, 08:13:26 pm
Oh finally getting on your nerves the way you have been doing for the last several weeks
I had my nerves removed on my 16th birthday. 

dogline

what else did you have removed when you were 16

zarapuppy

cant't believe this has not already happened.

shiloh forever

Frank Vines Stadium definitely has a ring to it. I could see them doing the naming the new Field House after him though.

On the Move

It took Alma forever to name the old basketball gymn after Mrs. Crabtree.  I also think it will be the fieldhouse.

dogcommander

Quote from: On the Move on November 18, 2008, 04:04:28 am
It took Alma forever to name the old basketball gymn after Mrs. Crabtree.  I also think it will be the fieldhouse.
It will probably be the fieldhouse but I personally think it should be the whole dang thing THE HOUSE THAT VINES BUILT! Well maybe that is a little overboard but when you think about it it is really the truth.

HXCBULLDOGFAN

i dont think it would be overboard because that's exactly what it is

Pr8hd

Frank Vines deserves such an honor hands down. I have the utmost respect for the man and the program he helped build. My own personal story on Vines and Alma...

I played against the man, my father played football in the same era as him. He said ounce for ounce the best player he may have played against...my father was all-state, recruited by OU, LSU, Nebraska and the Razorbacks in 1965 (the year after the MNC) and signed with UA....He knows his football. Going into my Soph year, he was so convinced about the inept Greenwood head coach at the time, that he tried to convince me along with the family to move to Alma to play for the man so I could be a better player....Having grown up in Greenwood and gone to school there my whole life I had wanted no part of that. Needless to say, we never beat the Dales during my years and it was not cause we did not have talent. Carl Fox, Bulldog coach then, made Houston Nutt look like and offensive mastermind.....Coaching speaks volumes....

I don't regret my decision but would have loved to play for him, Lunney, Peacock or Jones.

Give the man his due.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas