• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on AA girls for 2015-2016

Started by Yak, March 12, 2015, 09:40:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redrider30

I think when we get to the elite 8 or even final 4 next year you will see a lot of the same teams you saw this year barring injuries. Johnson Co. Westside, England, Spring Hill and Marmaduke will all be in the mix. I believe the last 4 state champions have started out ranked #1 in polls and remained that way to the end not sure about 2011. 2012-England, 2013-Norphlet, 2014-Spring Hill and 2015-Marmaduke. Good luck to who ever is ranked 1st next year, it's a lot of pressure with every team gunning for you but these 4 teams did it.

Cheek

England also won in 2011, but I am not sure if they were ranked first.

NEAscout100

Sloan girls will be good. Got all 5 returning starters, a serious team to watch out for.

MikelB

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 16, 2015, 09:36:43 am
Epc MT should both be real down next year. Marmaduke girls will not be anything like this year. Don't know about BIC girls
Just heard EPC has picked up 2 new players that are supposed to be pretty good, one from Marked Tree and one from Rivercrest.  Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Riverside go deep this year with their new coach. Coach Hoffman is the real deal when it comes to maximizing players potential and teaching the true fundamentals of the game.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: MikelB on June 12, 2015, 01:41:57 pm
Epc MT should both be real down next year. Marmaduke girls will not be anything like this year. Don't know about BIC girls
Just heard EPC has picked up 2 new players that are supposed to be pretty good, one from Marked Tree and one from Rivercrest.  Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Riverside go deep this year with their new coach. Coach Hoffman is the real deal when it comes to maximizing players potential and teaching the true fundamentals of the game.
Riverside has a great group coming up. The previous coach has done a great job, and coach Hoffman will do great things with them. Hoffman is one of the few coaches that will work 365 every year. What girl did EPC get from Rivercrest?

RedWolf275

Hoffman has some big shoes to fill but has fell into a gold mine of talent in 8th,9th and 10 grade. Riverside program was very much in the doldrums until Womack got there. From what I understand, he was very popular with the players.

MomaLion

I really think Clarendon will be a sleeper team this year with a powerful sophomore that moved up and started in district and regionals last year.  Not saying they are going to state or even making state but they will surprise some folks.  She was the missing link that team needed to push them over the hump.  On a side note, the gal can dunk!

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I saw in the 3A forum that Riverside is moving up. If so when does this take place?

BigLion10

RedWolf275

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on June 15, 2015, 09:37:58 am
I saw in the 3A forum that Riverside is moving up. If so when does this take place?

Even though they will be one of the smallest 3A schools, they should be in state title hunt in girls basketball.

Basketballfan13

They will still be 2A this coming year, they will not move up until the 2016-2017 school year.

BigLion10

there will be a lot of changes coming for the 2016-2017 cycle

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

THANKS! I didn't mean to get off topic.  SO back on topic now.

BIC:   I'm not sure about. I  think we will be young.  May have some trouble scoring. They  did have a couple move ins at the end of school year that should help but no experience.   

BigLion10

What does Foreman return they were good last year?

MikelB

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 12, 2015, 02:57:46 pm
Riverside has a great group coming up. The previous coach has done a great job, and coach Hoffman will do great things with them. Hoffman is one of the few coaches that will work 365 every year. What girl did EPC get from Rivercrest?
Haven't heard the last name yet, just heard her name was Kristen and she was from Rivercrest. And the Tull girl from Marked Tree transferred in as well.

lancecy31

Hector will return all contributors next year. They should top Quitman and JC Westside considering they ran through conference undefeated and swept the district tourney. They will add a tenth grade guard who started for them in regional and state as a ninth grader last year. Should easily slide into the top 10.

BigLion10

JC Westside returns everybody as well

Basketballfan13

Quote from: MikelB on June 15, 2015, 01:25:06 pm
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 12, 2015, 02:57:46 pm
Haven't heard the last name yet, just heard her name was Kristen and she was from Rivercrest. And the Tull girl from Marked Tree transferred in as well.
I know Rivercrest had a 6'1 post that averaged 20+ points named Krystan, if she moved to EPC that would be a huge transfer for them and hurt Rivercrest a lot. Can anyone else verify this?

Basketballfan13

Head Lion

If it is Vornes that is a huge blow to Lady Colts. She played lights out in regionals and state and has huge upside potential.

Basketballfan13

Yes definitely a huge impact for both teams if that is who it is. Looking at last year's roster she is the only Krystan on the sr high roster. Possibly a different girl from jr high. I'm sure one of the rivercrest fans would know if this was true or not.

Oldref

Saw EPC play today at Nettleton team camp. They have two girls over 6 feet tall and are tough inside. Not familiar with them enough to know if they are new girls to the program. Bay beat them 10 in the game I watched.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: lancecy31 on June 15, 2015, 02:15:22 pm
Hector will return all contributors next year. They should top Quitman and JC Westside considering they ran through conference undefeated and swept the district tourney. They will add a tenth grade guard who started for them in regional and state as a ninth grader last year. Should easily slide into the top 10.

Doesn't Westside bring back a lot from their Region Champion team though?

BigLion10

HF I believe Westside brings back everyone

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 15, 2015, 09:17:59 pm

Be a tough task for Hector...Maybe the weather plays nice in the postseason this year ::)

RedWolf275

Quote from: Oldref on June 15, 2015, 08:42:03 pm
Saw EPC play today at Nettleton team camp. They have two girls over 6 feet tall and are tough inside. Not familiar with them enough to know if they are new girls to the program. Bay beat them 10 in the game I watched.

That's probably Hinson who they had last year and the Tull girl that moved from Marked Tree.

MikelB

Quote from: RedWolf275 on June 15, 2015, 09:20:42 pm
Quote from: Oldref on June 15, 2015, 08:42:03 pm

That's probably Hinson who they had last year and the Tull girl that moved from Marked Tree.
Tull wasn't there today, that was Hinson (sr) and Garrett (jr).

brock

Quote from: MomaLion on June 15, 2015, 03:54:30 am
I really think Clarendon will be a sleeper team this year with a powerful sophomore that moved up and started in district and regionals last year.  Not saying they are going to state or even making state but they will surprise some folks.  She was the missing link that team needed to push them over the hump.  On a side note, the gal can dunk!

Id like to see video of this girl dunking. Not saying she cant but that is pretty rare.

lancecy31

Quote from: HF on June 15, 2015, 09:19:53 pm

Be a tough task for Hector...Maybe the weather plays nice in the postseason this year ::)

As if the two regular season wins weren't enough.

MomaLion

Quote from: brock on June 17, 2015, 07:30:04 am

Id like to see video of this girl dunking. Not saying she cant but that is pretty rare.
I agree. I haven't seen it myself, just heard. I have seen her grab the rim. She's a special young lady.

MikelB

Quote from: MomaLion on June 18, 2015, 05:05:56 am
Quote from: brock on June 17, 2015, 07:30:04 am

I agree. I haven't seen it myself, just heard. I have seen her grab the rim. She's a special young lady.
Is his/her last name Jenner lol .... just jokin before yall get started

MomaLion

Y'all will definitely know her name over the next few years :)

RedWolf275

Anybody know when the two week dead period is?

Oldref

RedWolf275

BigLion10

Both Marmaduke and JC Westside come to England this year

RedWolf275

Marmaduke lost a lot but will still be good, especially late in the season. Should be a good one.

BigLion10

BigLion10

Wonderview and Jessieville come to England as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 23, 2015, 01:06:11 pm
Wonderview and Jessieville come to England as well.

Wonder view will most likely be a year away from being really good.... they lose everybody from this year's team..

BigLion10

I'm sure we make a return trip next year doesn't Zimmerman have a younger sister who plays and is pretty good?

HorseFeathers

She'll be a sophmore, the junior high group that is movi ng up will be pretty good

BigLion10

any updates over the summer so far?

hogfan32

Hearing a lot of Buzz coming from Murfreesboro about their Senior Girls..  Could just be hype but they should be talented

BigLion10

Hadn't seen them play so idk how they will be

mrscoach

Quote from: lancecy31 on June 17, 2015, 08:00:17 am

They are in different conferences but the same region.  Same conference in football.

BigLion10

England girls went 8-0 in the Jessieville team camp beat Pottsville, jessieville, couple of tx teams and 5A champ hot springs. Looked really good this summer

Ventman

Looks like Coach Mackey has the Lions poised to make another run at the title!

BigLion10

August 03, 2015, 09:41:47 pm #98 Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:05:04 pm by BigLion10
Yes coach Mackey has them playing really good and I expect to see them late in the state tournament

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mrscoach on August 03, 2015, 02:31:17 pm
Quote from: lancecy31 on June 17, 2015, 08:00:17 am

They are in different conferences but the same region.  Same conference in football.

Not sure of lancecy took offense at what I said.... but I watch a lot of basketball during thebyear, and I was tryi ng to say I think hector has the potential to make a Little noise in region and possibly state this year....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas