• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A North Region Tournament @ Buffalo Island Central

Started by HorseFeathers, February 22, 2015, 08:55:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Boys Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Wednesday 5:30)
#1 White County Central Bears
vs
#4 Marked Tree Indians

Game 2 (Thursday 5:30)
#2 Earle Bulldogs
vs
#3 Pangburn Tigers

Game 3 (Wednesday 8:30)
#1 Buffalo Island Central Mustangs
vs
#4 Tuckerman Bulldogs

Game 4 (Thursday 8:30)
#2 Walnut Ridge Bobcats
vs
#3 East Poinsett Co Warriors

Semi Finals

Game 5 Friday 5:30
#4 Marked Tree Indians
vs
#2 Earle Bulldogs

Game 6 Friday 8:30
#1 Buffalo Island Central Mustangs
vs
#3 East Poinsett County Warriors

Consolation

Game 7 (Saturday 1:30)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Saturday 7:30)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner #6

Girls Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Wednesday 4:00)
#1 Tuckerman Lady Bulldogs
vs
#4 Buffalo Island Central Lady Mustangs

Game 2 (Thursday 4:00)
#2 East Poinsett County Lady Warriors[size]
vs
#3 Salem Lady Greyhounds

Game 3 (Wednesday 7:00)
#1 Marmaduke GreyHounds
vs
#4 Pangburn Lady Tigers

Game 4 (Thursday 7:00)
#2 Sloan Hendrix Lady GreyHounds
vs
#3 Marked Tree Lady Indians

Semi Finals

Game 5 Friday 4:00
#4 Buffalo Island Central Lady Mustangs
vs
#2 East Poinsett Lady Warriors

Game 6 Friday 7:00
#1 Marmaduke Lady GreyHounds
vs
#3 Marked Tree Lady Indians

Consolation

Game 8 (Saturday 12:00)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Saturday 6:00)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner game #6

ISU7

redrider30

February 23, 2015, 08:40:45 am #3 Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:39:06 am by redrider30
BIC Males because they are at home. Marmaduke Girls

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

HorseFeathers

Girls update: Marmaduke was up 30 at the half on EPC...just assuming they closed that one out.

Tuckerman beat Sloan Hendrix 43-39 led by Hannah Dilday's double double...17 points and 12 boards...per twitter

Boys: White County Central won by 2 over Walnut Ridge

BIC beat Earle by 3

tacomeat

Quote from: Cheek on February 22, 2015, 11:19:19 pm
Predictions

If WCC is upset the 2A-3 could sweep the 1st round boys & girls. Tuckerman girls are playing better, but I believe they lost at BIC early.

BoxNOne

IMO, WCC is the only boys team from 2A-2 with a chance to win and they will have their hands full with Marked Tree. On the girls side, 2A-3 could go anywhere from 4-0 to 1-3. BIC as 4 seed has beaten MT and EPC twice each by comfortable margins. Tuckerman got a bad draw.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 24, 2015, 08:21:42 am
IMO, WCC is the only boys team from 2A-2 with a chance to win and they will have their hands full with Marked Tree. On the girls side, 2A-3 could go anywhere from 4-0 to 1-3. BIC as 4 seed has beaten MT and EPC twice each by comfortable margins. Tuckerman got a bad draw.
Im about the same. Im going Boys 3-1 girls 2-2

RedWolf275

I also think there is a good chance the four boys teams from the north region sweep the west region in the first round of the state. After that it will get dicey.

MikelB

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 24, 2015, 09:12:13 am
Quote from: BoxNOne on February 24, 2015, 08:21:42 am
Im about the same. Im going Boys 3-1 girls 2-2

I say Boys 4 Girls 3-1

Ctucker

How does mark tree like to play do they run,press man to man or do they zone. We have not been pressing a lot lately and have played a zone a few times lately. I wasn't at walnut game but are defense must not have been up to par giving up 52.

bdubyab60

MT will play mostly zone in the first half usually with a little man defense mixed in there. If man defense is working expect it the rest of the game. An aggressive zone defense works best against them. Streaky shooting team from outside. Carter 32 is a beast on the inside. Not a leaper will remind you of Zach Randolph, good footwork and uses his big frame well. Griffin is their best player. Can get up and down the court in the blink of an eye. Not a great outside shooter but drives the lane and finishes. Pretty steady jump shot from 10 to 12ft.

Do got a couple of other players that can knock down shots. If those guys are hitting too they can be trouble.

Very capable of winnig this game.

Ctucker

Thanks for info. I figure we will zone coach pretty good I'm sure he will have good game plan if we just execute it.

NoPlace2

2A-2 is definitely the underdogs this year, but I don't think there will be any "easy outs" in this tourney. All depends on who wants it the most and who gets hot & when. While Talent & Athleticism is a definite advantage, it doesn't always win out and it only takes the 1st Game to end your year or extend your season. That being said – I'll say 3 teams from 2A-3 and 1 from 2A-2 on the Boys side get thru to State with WCC having the best shot from 2A-2 ..... Girls are a toss-up with the exception of Marmaduke which would shock me if they don't win the Region. The "Big Variable" is of course the Zebras – they can definitely make it tough on one team or another and I'm certain they will do that more than once in these games (they have all year), but it does seem to effect us fans more than it does the players.  Good Luck to All and stay safe in this weather!!

hoopsfan13

IMO I think everyone from the 2a-3 is favorites in their matchups outside of potentially the games with Marked Tree.. With that being said, MT's boys team is playing really well.

My prediction is the 2a-3 sweeps all 8 games. Marmaduke wins the girls side, BIC over Earle at home on the boys side. Don't forget about those kids from Lepanto either. Boys is wide open, BIC the favorite.

NEAsupporter

NEAsupporter

NEAsupporter

NEAsupporter

RedWolf275

BIC didn't even have their post player today. Tuckerman was poorly prepared in this game in my opinion. They come out and acted like BIC didn't have any shooters when that is their strong suit.

NEAsupporter

NoPlace2

The Girls result didn't surprise me at all - despite their conference record, no way was Tuckerman best in our 2A-2 - Sloan & Salem Girls have the best chance to advance but will have to play their best to do so.

redrider30

Hard to say the regular season and tournament champions weren't the best. Maybe you should just give BIC some credit. Did that without one of the best players.

bdubyab60

BIC girls have been playing better than a 4 seed for sure.

NEAsupporter

Half time score: Marked Tree 25 WCC 22. Refs are calling way to much for it to be the Regional Tournament. Calls are bad both ways in this game.

NoPlace2

Wasn't taking anything away from BIC - just saying I didn't feel Tuckerman's ability matched their record. Just one man's opinion. I haven't seen any of the 2A-3 Teams play this year so have no idea how good they are - I would have been my opinion that Tuckerman would lose first round regardless of who they played.

Ctucker

NEAsupporter

redrider30

We've seen how the first girls 1/4 match up went. Looking forward to seeing the next one.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Quote from: redrider30 on February 25, 2015, 06:26:04 pm
We've seen how the first girls 1/4 match up went. Looking forward to seeing the next one.
Probably will remind us of what the Indians did to Custer

NEAsupporter

Quote from: redrider30 on February 25, 2015, 06:26:04 pm
I think we all know how that's gonna go lol.

WPWells

NEAsupporter

RedWolf275

I think whoever made that 8-0 prediction is gonna be right. The 2 could win a girls game tomorrow but will not win a boys game.

bdubyab60

Surely they can get one but it will be tough. I figured WCC would maybe get by MT close but will for sure be tough for them to get a win on the boys side

NoPlace2

Yeah - now that one surprises me - 8-0 is a real possibility now.

NEAsupporter

This WCC-Marked Tree game is one of the longest games I've ever set through it seems like.

NEAsupporter

NEark tigers

Great job, MT!!

what about the scouting report for the pangburn Tigers?

Mr. Trill

Earle will rematch B.I.C. in Regionals <---- My Prediction

ISU7

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 25, 2015, 07:19:13 pm
Great job, MT!!

If WCC was the one seed, you dont need one just play Doggystyle bb and the Doggs will prevail...WOOF WOOF.....lol 8) 8)

NEAsupporter

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 25, 2015, 07:19:13 pm
Great job, MT!!

I don't think that Earle will have anything to worry about.

NEAsupporter

Marmaduke girls up 31-17 end of first over Pangburn.

NEAsupporter

RedWolf275

Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 25, 2015, 07:24:23 pm
Earle will rematch B.I.C. in Regionals <---- My Prediction

Looking like a 2a-3 district semifinals repeat. BIC vs EPC and Earle vs MT.

redrider30

For the 2-2A's sake I hope your 2's and 3's are better than your 1's and 4's. Overheard WCC fan tell Marmaduke fan that they had better watch out because Pangburn's girls were pretty good and might give them some trouble. He recanted after Bopp's first three 3's for 30 ft.

NEAsupporter

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas