• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 in 2014-15

Started by bbfan89, April 25, 2014, 07:03:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redrider30

Brookland and Marmaduke are no longer playing. Don't think it's anyone ones fault but Coaches from the two teams just don't have a very good relationship. Marmaduke also started playing in the McDonalds Shootout at Paragould, Bad Boy Classic at ICC, Highland Classic, Pangburn Classic, Dyersburg Classic and are hosting a Classic in Marmaduke on Nov. 22nd this doesn't leave many dates after conference. Teams in Marmaduke Classic are Marmaduke, England, BIC, Pangburn, Nettleton, Valley View, Dyer Co. TN, Dyersburg TN.  Also boys game Marmaduke and England if England is finished with football.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

The BIC Lady Mustangs have started the season 2-0 with wins over Armorel & Tuckerman.  I see  a few good things but we sure don't have much size. Looks like live or die by the 3ball. Do have a few good sets to get open shots?

The BIC Mustangs are chomping at the bits to play someone.  Latest they have ever started. Some think he was try to shorten the season to save some for the end. Who knows?   looks to me he picked up more during the middle of the season with some stiff competion.

BoxNOne

BT 'S two state championship teams at BIC played somewhere around 43-45 games the years they won it so I don't know why he would try to play fewer games. I would like to know why you delay the start of the season but I don't figure I would really understand it.

Head Lion

JMO, with less small schools around there is not much to pick from competition wise locally that you don't already have on the schedule home & home. I have seen their schedule and think they play us & Harding Academy the last week of regular season, which will give them 2 good looks at stout man to man defenses. I believe this will help them in post season.

BoxNOne

Lion, how good was that Earle jr team last year and were they mostly 8th graders? I know Manila had a pretty good jr team last year.

birddawg1986

Im sure they will be pretty good if the starting high school QB plays. Gerry Bohannon 6'3 220 and is a FREAK of an athlete. You don't see many 9th grade kids get moved up, and be the starting QB of a title contending team. I'm pretty sure Earle will be the pick in boys division SR & JR highs.

Hogfan167

Marmaduke girls over BIC 68-42. They won't be challenged in 2A-3

emthawg

Big week for Riverside as conference starts up.  The girls travel to Marmaduke Monday (11/17), and then get BIC at home Thursday(11/20).  The boys travel to Marmaduke Tuesday (11/18), and then get BIC at home Friday (11/21).

NEA Razorback olfan

Good luck to the Lady Rebels, they played a heck of a game at Brookland last Thursday.

Head Lion

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 07, 2014, 07:24:45 am
Lion, how good was that Earle jr team last year and were they mostly 8th graders? I know Manila had a pretty good jr team last year.
Earle is LOADED, the Bohannon kid in 9th grade is the real deal. You get their best effort and they can beat a good team 20+. The groups coming are more talented, I believe than the Earle teams we have faced the last 4 years. I just dont know if they have the DESIRE or whatever you want to call it. Those teams took it personal when they lost and I for some reason don't see that in these younger kids. Only time will tell.

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls Final
Riverside 36
Marmaduke 71

Bopp 28pts for the Duke
per twitter

BoxNOne

Olfan, I saw that game tonight and Marmaduke is tough. The Bopp girl is a better player this year than last. She hit 8 threes and didn't miss over four. They will be hard to handle in 2A. On a better note, Riverside won the junior game by one.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 17, 2014, 10:21:11 pm
Olfan, I saw that game tonight and Marmaduke is tough. The Bopp girl is a better player this year than last. She hit 8 threes and didn't miss over four. They will be hard to handle in 2A. On a better note, Riverside won the junior game by one.

Box , I was at Bay watching Our Jr boys , but it sounds like Bopp just took over that game!

BoxNOne

It is easy to see why she is a D1 signee.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 17, 2014, 10:46:48 pm
It is easy to see why she is a D1 signee.

I believe she is the best in this area

chickasaw fan

Bopp is tough and may be the best in the area. But Guthrie from valley view is pretty dang good also. Bopp is quicker and can defend better on the perimeter.

chickasaw fan

U don't see many d1 players come from  towns such as marmaduke. Big ups to the this young lady. And big ups to her elementary thru high school and aau coaches. You guys have done a great job with this girl. Keep up the hard work.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: chickasaw fan on November 17, 2014, 11:55:48 pm
U don't see many d1 players come from  towns such as marmaduke. Big ups to the this young lady. And big ups to her elementary thru high school and aau coaches. You guys have done a great job with this girl. Keep up the hard work.

+1

birddawg1986

She is unbelievable when she gets in that zone. Very unselfish player and goes 90 to nothing. She would be a start if she were at a bigger school also. She is that good.

BoxNOne

I have seen her play from a sophomore on up and the impressive thing is she wasn't happy with just being a good player. She is now a great player and has been rewarded with a D1 scholarship. The eight threes last night were not wide open either. Four of them were step back threes with a defender on her pretty tight.

BoxNOne

Anyone know if Earle and BIC girls played last night?

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 18, 2014, 07:52:11 am
I have seen her play from a sophomore on up and the impressive thing is she wasn't happy with just being a good player. She is now a great player and has been rewarded with a D1 scholarship. The eight threes last night were not wide open either. Four of them were step back threes with a defender on her pretty tight.
Bopp is a beast.

BoxNOne

Riverside up 35-21 over Marmaduke at half

Silky Johnson

Buster has coached against Marmadukes coach a lot. Riverside can play a good slow game and they have shooters.

BoxNOne

Riverside over Marmaduke 67-52 at Marmaduke. Coach Campbell was not there as his father passed away earlier today.

Silky Johnson

I don't know that riverside has had Marmadukes number but these two teams play each other 3 or 4 times every year. Twice in conf. and they usually match up in tournaments.

Hogfan167

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 18, 2014, 12:55:13 pm
Anyone know if Earle and BIC girls played last night?

Earle won both sr and jr games

ASURedWolf6

Marked Tree at Rector.. Girls Thursday, boys on Friday.

Rector lost a ton from last years class, won two games this week to lesser competition.. MT will be their first test. Don't know what MT has in girls.. Both Perry guards are graduated, still have the big girl inside. She'll be a problem if she can get the ball.

Boys game will be close, IMO. MT has plenty of talent, just like every year.. Just don't really get much out of them at times. Rector is playing really well early against Maynard/Armorel. Extremely small, but Rector always shoots it well. This one will be a good one on Friday night.

BoxNOne

Riverside girls sweep BIC tonight in 7th grade, jr high and sr high all by double digits.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 20, 2014, 09:34:40 pm
Riverside girls sweep BIC tonight in 7th grade, jr high and sr high all by double digits.

Congrats on the Wins tonight!!

BoxNOne

Thanks olfan, it was a good night for Lady Rebels.

Hogfan167

Looks like BIC may be missing Stan fowler.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Hogfan167 on November 21, 2014, 09:33:26 am
Looks like BIC may be missing Stan fowler.
I'm sure the new coach is doing good but they never gave fowler the credit he deserved there

BoxNOne

That is a very good observation 13. I always thought he did a very good job. I guess no state championships was the problem they had with him. State championships are hard to come by!

Basketballfan13

Your right, state championships don't just get handed to you. They take a lot of talent and luck to win. I've seen great coaches never win a state championship. What you can see is that his team was always a team that was mentioned as a contender, they made multiple runs in the state tournament, and every team that had them on their schedule knew they were going to have a battle on their hand. I think BIC will still be just fine, I just always thought it was sad how much criticism Fowler took at BIC. In particular his team would usually beat marmaduke once a year if not more...It takes a lot of mental toughness to beat marmaduke. Im curious to see how often BIC beats them now.

JustaFan

How are the BIC girls doing this year now that the season has started?

redrider30

November 21, 2014, 01:45:15 pm #86 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:53:58 pm by redrider30
Turbo clocked by Marmaduke. Lost to Earle in OT. Lost to Riverside by around 20 last night. That about sums it up. By Christmas they'll be praying for ole Stanley to come back!

BoxNOne

BIC over Riverside 49-37 tonight in an ugly game. Riverside led 32-28 with five minutes to go in the third quarter and went ICE cold. Five points in the last thirteen minutes won't get it done.

hssportfan

Big free throw difference acording to the Sun this morning. Bill's ole buddy Hillis wasn't part of the ref crew was he?

BoxNOne

Hillis  was not part of the referee crew. BT didn't need him as he intimidates all officials.

hssportfan

20 to 4 is a pretty noteable difference.

aroundthehorn1

If you would have been at the game, you would have seen that Riverside settled for jumper after jumper after jumper and that is the biggest reason they didn't get to the free throw line. I would also guess that BIC shot 10 of their 20 free throws at the end of the game when Riverside had to start fouling. Wasn't that big of a difference actually

hssportfan

Maybe Bill's officials will get what they deserve after the incident today. BIC admins should also take action.

BoxNOne

Hssportfan, what incident would that be.

hssportfan

Sources at the jr. tourny said he went across halfcourt after Trumann's coach. Refs did nothing.

BoxNOne

No question he has virtually all officials intimidated. I wonder why he went after the other coach?

NEA Razorback olfan

November 22, 2014, 07:56:27 pm #96 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:59:27 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Is this Jr tourney at Bay??
Any updates?

Old school

I just happened to go yesterday. Since I'm not associated with either school let me tell you what I saw. The Trumann Coach was mouthing at Bill and Bill did cross half court after he had all he could take. The Trumann coach shoved Bill first. After that it was settled down rather quickly. I stayed and watched the rest of the game and Trumann should have left. Bill and Mustangs did not quit beating them 30. BIC Jr high is very good. They have talent at every spot. The guard that moved in had like 21 for them.

BoxNOne

I could see how an opposing coach (especially one not used to BT) could get frustrated by all the referee baiting that he does. That being said, a coach shouldn't get mad at another coach because he gets all the calls. That's one thing that makes BT one of the best coaches around. I saw him at Riverside the other night leading by 25 and cry like a baby over a call. He has the refs intimidated and that is to his credit. Anybody know the Trumann jr high coaches name?

Old school

Not sure what his name is. I know he graduated from EPC.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas