• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The other guys

Started by Headhunter15, December 15, 2015, 01:59:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Headhunter15

December 15, 2015, 01:59:31 pm Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:04:55 pm by Headhunter15
I wonder why they have Prescott ahead of rivercrest for the final poll? Seems to me that they think that HA and Prescott was the real state title game...

CoolBreeze

December 15, 2015, 02:03:02 pm #1 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:05:01 pm by CoolBreeze
Wasn't that the pre-season poll for this season?

The original post this replied to was one which listed the teams in Hooten's preseason poll for 2015 and spoke as if it were for next season.

adaptedtigerfan

I said that in another post and got blasted for it😂😂

Headhunter15

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 15, 2015, 03:56:07 pm
I said that in another post and got blasted for it😂😂

Man where them delete buttons when you need one

Carljung

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 15, 2015, 01:59:31 pm
I wonder why they have Prescott ahead of rivercrest for the final poll? Seems to me that they think that HA and Prescott was the real state title game...
The same reason their poll has been questionable all year. It's almost like they put names in a hat and draw them out. They showed Prescott no respect all year now all of a sudden 2 to finish the year...things that make you go hmmmm.

ISU7

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 15, 2015, 01:59:31 pm
Because RiverCrest prove them wrong  three straight playoff games. Like I said before, Hootens  knows jack about football in the East and Northeast. ::) We all know who were the last two teams standing.  ;D 8)

adaptedtigerfan

Prescott would beat RC just as bad as HA did.

OB11

With the way the AAA has the brackets set up every year, the two best teams don't always play in the championship game.  But all teams have to play by their rules and if you don't make the finals, can you say your team is top 2?  Sure, you can say it all you want.  But the two teams left at the end have proven that, in the current system, they are the best 2 teams. 

Would it have been HA vs Rivercrest in the finals if the playoffs were done differently? Probably not in all honesty.  All I'm saying is we all have to play in the same system and this is what we have to live with. 

ReddieKnightTrojan

I really hope Centerpoint plays to their potential next year. It may be the last year they have an opportunity like this. A small rural school can't compete year in and year out like small private schools in a metro area. Unless you're Prescott. Remember when Caddo Hills won the basketball state championship in 1990? Everyone was like, "where did they come from? They're all white...how did they make it to the finals? (true story: a fan from Crawfordsville) After beating Delta in the semis and Crawfordsville (i think) in the finals, they were 36-0. Malvern said the early loss was due to the football team being in the playoffs...wrong, Caddo Hills beat them again in the overalls semis. Ken Biley had a decent game in the overall finals before becoming a Razorback and a team (ranked 18 in the nation) the Pine Bluff Zebras finally denied Caddo Hills. (their motto that year was, "We will not be denied"-they had lost in the first round to Ola as sophomores and again to Ola in the first round as juniors) Caddo's PF missed a routine jumper at the free throw line with a few seconds left that would have won the game for Caddo, but after fouling and PB making their FTs, the Zebras came away with a 3 point victory. Caddo finished the season with 37-1 record. Ahh the memories. The girls have won 3 state championships I believe.

ReddieKnightTrojan

FYI: The Caddo Hills girls will win the championship again within the next 3 years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas