• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cecil Langston for Landers award

Started by beaverfan007, December 13, 2015, 06:34:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverfan007

This young man rushed for over 3,000 yards so hands down in my opinion he should win the landers award

Paperman

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 13, 2015, 06:34:36 pm
This young man rushed for over 3,000 yards so hands down in my opinion he should win the landers award
I'm in agreement with this statement. 3,212 yards in 14 games. 35 TDS, 229 yards per game! He would be very deserving!

Wheels

December 14, 2015, 09:43:14 am #2 Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:02:18 am by Wheels
Langston is very deserving and should win but unfortunately he won't and he may not even be a nominee. Unless your a 7A/6A player or a razorback commit your led to believe basically you are "not good enough" to be in the conversion as one of the top high school football players in the state.  The Landers Award could be a great award IF it was really presented to the best Arkansas high school football player. When you have someone nominated who didn't play the 1st part of the season due to an injury you know the system is flawed.

Black and Gold

Wheels

Fourth and Long

Quote from: Wheels on December 14, 2015, 09:47:01 am
http://katv.com/sports/landers-award

Thanks for the link.  I was able to go straight there and vote for Langston. 

There have always been great football players and athletes who haven't gotten recognition in Arkansas simply because they happen to attend a small school.  I hope Langston wins this award.  Rushing for over 3,000 yards in a season and carrying his team to the 3A finals is quite an accomplishment. 

WCD

Since I saw Cecil play and have reviewed his accomplishments in writing I think he could be a very good recipient if the award. It takes votes. Perhaps if the 3A community would band together and vote for Cecil it might make a difference. For sure it won't hurt!

WCD ;D

State champs 2010

This young man has worked hard this year and lead his team to a state championship game! Asking all 3a to just take a second to go vote for this young man! I'm sure he will greatly appreciate it!!

adaptedtigerfan

If he gets it, that will be back2back 3A winners

Hootie

3,200 yards rushing in a single season is unheard of. I hope he wins it.

DeeGee

I voted for him as well. Maybe we all can vote for him and get him that trophy!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND WIN THE DANG THANG!!!!!!!!!!

CURLEYWOLF24

State champs 2010

redandgray

He finished 4th in the nation in rushing this year! 

ISU7

Quote from: Fourth and Long on December 14, 2015, 09:56:50 am
Quote from: Wheels on December 14, 2015, 09:47:01 am

Thanks for the link.  I was able to go straight there and vote for Langston. 

There have always been great football players and athletes who haven't gotten recognition in Arkansas simply because they happen to attend a small school.  I hope Langston wins this award.  Rushing for over 3,000 yards in a season and carrying his team to the 3A finals is quite an accomplishment.
He definitely did that. No Doubt about it...

beaverfan007

Fox32

beaverfan007

I overlooked his name the first time I've already voted like 10 times

Skip Baymore

December 15, 2015, 11:55:41 pm #18 Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 12:05:35 am by Skip Baymore
He just got another vote.  State record in rushing yardage for a season.   Not to mention his contribution and importance to the overall success of his team.   Case closed in my book.   Id love to see him win it. 

CoolBreeze

Can anyone tell me when the results will be announced?

Hootie

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 16, 2015, 12:15:14 pm
Can anyone tell me when the results will be announced?

Storey was announced as winner in January 2015 so I'd guess sometime in January 2016.

Voting is still open and you can vote as many times as you want.

imtie

Hootie

redandgray

Thanks guys!  He put up ridiculous, video game numbers this year....would be great for another small school player to win it.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Wheels

January 19, 2016, 10:46:47 am #25 Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:48:56 am by Wheels
Quote from: Wheels on December 14, 2015, 09:43:14 am
Langston is very deserving and should win but unfortunately he won’t and he may not even be a nominee. Unless your a 7A/6A player or a razorback commit your led to believe basically you are "not good enough" to be in the conversion as one of the top high school football players in the state.  The Landers Award could be a great award IF it was really presented to the best Arkansas high school football player. When you have someone nominated who didn’t play the 1st part of the season due to an injury you know the system is flawed.

I rest my case. Proves my point.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas