• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cecil Langston

Started by BrianfromCarlisle, December 12, 2015, 05:53:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianfromCarlisle

Just would like to say congratulations young man!  That was an excellent season you had!  Hope to see you on Saturdays.

CoolBreeze

+1

You fought tenaciouisly for that extra yard, a couple of times making first downs you seemed to have no chance ot make.

WCD

December 12, 2015, 08:00:17 pm #2 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:27:46 pm by WCD
It was fun to watch #33 run the football today! Cecil certainly will be playing on Saturdays with his athletic ability. His first breakaway TD showcased his speed and his ability to break tackles was amazing. You had a good game! Congratulations to the entire Colt team on a fine season!

WCD

Fourth and Long

Langston had a season for the record books and is a load to bring down.   Congratulations on a great season for Langston and the Colts!

Paperman

I have had the privilege of covering Rivercrest football for 10 seasons! I have seen many talented running backs but Cecil Langston has great vision, power and speed, the likes of which I have not seen. He capped an amazing season with a great effort today! I think it speaks volumes he set the single season rushing record in one less game than the previous record holder. I look forward to following his career at the next level! Congratulations on a marvelous career at the Crest and the memories you have left us with! Go Red! And conratulations to Harding Academy on a great victory today!

bleudog

December 12, 2015, 09:09:56 pm #5 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:19:44 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Paperman on December 12, 2015, 08:39:25 pm
I have had the privilege of covering Rivercrest football for 10 seasons! I have seen many talented running backs but Cecil Langston has great vision, power and speed, the likes of which I have not seen. He capped an amazing season with a great effort today! I think it speaks volumes he set the single season rushing record in one less game than the previous record holder. I look forward to following his career at the next level! Congratulations on a marvelous career at the Crest and the memories you have left us with! Go Red! And conratulations to Harding Academy on a great victory today!

Congratulations to young Mr. Langston.  I'm not trying to lessen his accomplishment, but Strong played 13 games in 2011 going 10-3.  Didn't Rivercrest play 15 in 2015 going 11-4?

Coltfan2005

And yet here you are doing exactly that. #33 did not play in all the games this season.

State champs 2010

He was out for 6 quarters.. 1 whole game and out the first half of another.

bleudog

December 12, 2015, 09:21:46 pm #8 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:27:57 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 12, 2015, 09:15:02 pm
And yet here you are doing exactly that. #33 did not play in all the games this season.

Just trying to understand pman's math.

Busting 3,000 yards in a high school season is quite an accomplishment.

bleudog

December 12, 2015, 09:25:53 pm #9 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:45:39 pm by bleudog
Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 12, 2015, 09:16:52 pm
He was out for 6 quarters.. 1 whole game and out the first half of another.

If Rivercrest played 15 games, Strong played two less games than Rivercrest and who knows if KD sat out any or parts of those. 

Again, congratulations to Langston.  Busting 3,000 in a high school season is quite an accomplishment.

NEark tigers

Langston did not play in Week 2 at Earle (in which Earle defeated Rivercrest 28-21)

To be honest, he could have rushed for at least 175-200 yards in that game. I glad that I got the chance to watch him go off against Glen Rose in the quarters..

Fox32

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 12, 2015, 09:40:02 pm
Langston did not play in Week 2 at Earle (in which Earle defeated Rivercrest 28-21)

To be honest, he could have rushed for at least 175-200 yards in that game. I glad that I got the chance to watch him go off against Glen Rose in the quarters..
Or he coulda rip his knee up. The kid is good and he has had a great year but I bet he averaged at least 30 carriers per game and his offensive line is not getting enough credit.  He had 90 yds against the beavs, I'm no expert but I dont think college scouts would consider that "going off" by any means

State champs 2010

Quote from: Fox32 on December 12, 2015, 10:14:31 pm

Or he coulda rip his knee up. The kid is good and he has had a great year but I bet he averaged at least 30 carriers per game and his offensive line is not getting enough credit.  He had 90 yds against the beavs, I'm no expert but I dont think college scouts would consider that "going off" by any means
this guy..  ::)

SR30

Langston for sure had an amazing season and played with heart all year long from what I have read. But like someone else stated GR was one of the few teams to keep him in check for the most part this season. 98 yds with 60 of those being on one run. However the case may be nobody can take his outstanding season away from him. I wish him luck on the next level.

Paperman

Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 12, 2015, 10:18:08 pm

this guy..  ::)

But he didn't "rip his knee" all season! Maybe he didn't rip up the BeAvers but he had over 400 twice in one game this season! I'd call that ripping it up! Ripping his rushing total that is! I also could care less how many games Strong played back then, Langston is "the best" I've seen at this level! 35 rushing Tds and 3,250+ yards is just an amazing feat!

Maynard G Krebs

I enjoyed watching him play today.  His defense was good as well

redandgray

Had 28-171 today. 3,211 for the season. Crazy good season.

bleudog

December 12, 2015, 10:51:01 pm #17 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:56:12 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Paperman on December 12, 2015, 10:31:49 pm
But he didn't "rip his knee" all season! Maybe he didn't rip up the BeAvers but he had over 400 twice in one game this season! I'd call that ripping it up! Ripping his rushing total that is! I also could care less how many games Strong played back then, Langston is "the best" I've seen at this level! 35 rushing Tds and 3,250+ yards is just an amazing feat!

Langston had a great season.  It just sounds like you assumed Strong had played 15 games when you made your earlier statement about Langston breaking the record in less games than Dixon.

State champs 2010

He broke the record end of story.. Congratulate the kid and show some respect.. I'm sure he worked just as hard as Dixon did..

bleudog

December 12, 2015, 11:03:59 pm #19 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:38:42 pm by bleudog
Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 12, 2015, 11:01:10 pm
He broke the record end of story.. Congratulate the kid and show some respect.. I'm sure he worked just as hard as Dixon did..

I've congratulated or complimented the young man in four different posts in this thread.

I saw Langston get 175 or so on 35+ carries in the Smackover game and it was clear he was his team's workhorse.

My question has been with pman's statement that Langston played in less games than Dixon.

State champs 2010

He missed a game and a half. And sat out a couple more quarters when they was up big. But it doesn't matter.. The record is broke..

bleudog

December 12, 2015, 11:13:41 pm #21 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:32:11 pm by bleudog
Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 12, 2015, 11:05:43 pm
He missed a game and a half. And sat out a couple more quarters when they was up big. But it doesn't matter.. The record is broke..

Congratulations to young Mr. Langston again for obtaining the record for most rushing yards in a season.

But if you want to factor in sitting out quarters in lopsided games, find some video on JaQwis Dancy or Marcus Godfrey:

YARDS PER RUSH
Season
16.77 JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2014
15.56 Dylan Yazel, Hackett, 2011
14.9   Marcus Godfrey, Junction City, 1999
14.3   Sam Grayson, Junction City, 1998
13.9   Kelvin Robinson, Episcopal Collegiate, 2014
12.0   JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2012
11.6   Marcus Godfrey, Junction City, 1997
11.4   JoVaughn Wyrick, Beebe, 2014
10.79 Dylan Yazel, Hackett, 2010
10.66 JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2013

State champs 2010

ISU7

Quote from: bleudog on December 12, 2015, 11:13:41 pm
Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 12, 2015, 11:05:43 pm

Congratulations to young Mr. Langston again for obtaining the record for most rushing yards in a season.

But if you want to factor in sitting out quarters in lopsided games, find some video on JaQwis Dancy or Marcus Godfrey:

YARDS PER RUSH
Season
16.77 JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2014
15.56 Dylan Yazel, Hackett, 2011
14.9   Marcus Godfrey, Junction City, 1999
14.3   Sam Grayson, Junction City, 1998
13.9   Kelvin Robinson, Episcopal Collegiate, 2014
12.0   JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2012
11.6   Marcus Godfrey, Junction City, 1997
11.4   JoVaughn Wyrick, Beebe, 2014
10.79 Dylan Yazel, Hackett, 2010
10.66 JaQwis Dancy, Junction City, 2013
This topic reads Cecil Langston. He has the record for the most rushing yards in a single season. None if this other stuff matters. If you wanna talk about these guy start a topic for them. Congratulations #33Langston from RiverCrest. 🏈🏇🏆

Skip Baymore

December 13, 2015, 12:11:19 am #24 Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:23:59 am by Skip Baymore

His stats. speak for themselves.  Its not often that a guy gets 162 yards rushing in a game and that the other defense deserves (IMO) an A+ for "stopping him!"

Wonderdog

I am waiting for one of you Rivercrest guys to eventually comprehend what bleudog is saying but I guess it just won't sink in. All of your "show some respect" comments are not applicable to the information bleudog provided regarding the original poster's math regarding games played. Nothing more than that. Back on topic, I got to watch Cecil Langston today in person. He exceeded my expectations. I only say that because my only knowledge of him was reading about him being in striking distance of KD. I hope he plays somewhere in-state at the next level. Good luck to him and the rest of his teammates moving forward.

NEark tigers

214.06................ENOUGH SAID!!!!

bleudog

bleudog

December 13, 2015, 06:34:51 am #28 Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:21:36 am by bleudog
Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 13, 2015, 02:00:29 am
I am waiting for one of you Rivercrest guys to eventually comprehend what bleudog is saying but I guess it just won't sink in. All of your "show some respect" comments are not applicable to the information bleudog provided regarding the original poster's math regarding games played. Nothing more than that. Back on topic, I got to watch Cecil Langston today in person. He exceeded my expectations. I only say that because my only knowledge of him was reading about him being in striking distance of KD. I hope he plays somewhere in-state at the next level. Good luck to him and the rest of his teammates moving forward.

^This guy. ;)

I will try to make this more clear.

1)  Cecil Langston is a great back.

2)  Cecil Langston had a great season.

3)  Cecil Langston, once Rivercrest administration files the paperwork, will find his name at the top of a category in the AAA Record Book.

4)  I hope Cecil Langston, if he wishes, gets an opportunity to play at the next level and continues his success.

5)  The following Pman post is not accurate: 
Quote from: Paperman on December 12, 2015, 08:39:25 pm..........I think it speaks volumes he set the single season rushing record in one less game than the previous record holder........
From what I gather from other posts in this thread, Cecil Langston appeared in at least parts of 14 games.  The "previous record holder," assuming he participated in at least part of all his team's games, appeared in 13.  That doesn't diminish Cecil Langston's accomplishment but does make Pman's post, at the least, misleading. 

6)  And to those Rivercrest faithful who tried to defend the post quoted in #5, I'm unaware of a AAA record category for yards per quarter. ::)  Although it wouldn't surprise me if Cecil Langston had a higher yards per carry number than the "previous record holder" for total rushing yards in a season.  After an early season loss to Parkers Chapel, the "previous record holder" was moved to wildcat QB and had some man-child percent of carry numbers, especially during the 2011 playoffs.

Paperman

Quote from: bleudog on December 13, 2015, 06:34:51 am

^This guy. ;)

3)  Cecil Langston, once Rivercrest administration files the paperwork, will find his name at the top of a category in the AAA Record Book.

4)  I hope Cecil Langston, if he wishes, gets an opportunity to play at the next level and continues his success.

Quote from: Paperman on December 12, 2015, 08:39:25 pm..........I think it speaks volumes he set the single season rushing record in one less game than the previous record holder........
From what I gather from other posts in this thread, Cecil Langston appeared in at least parts of 14 games.  The "previous record holder," assuming he participated in at least part of all his team's games, appeared in 13.  That doesn't diminish Cecil Langston's accomplishment but done make Pman's post false. 

6)  I'm unaware of a AAA record category for yards per quarter. ::)  Although it wouldn't surprise me if Cecil Langston had a higher yards per carry number than the "previous record holder" for total rushing yards in a season.  After an early season loss to Parkers Chapel, the "previous record holder" was moved to wildcat QB and had some man-child percent of carry numbers, especially during the 2011 playoffs.

Paperman

Bleudog I sent you a private message. Check your inbox! Thanks!

ISU7

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 13, 2015, 12:11:19 am

His stats. speak for themselves.  Its not often that a guy gets 162 yards rushing in a game and that the other defense deserves (IMO) an A+ for "stopping him!"
Exactly.... 8)

ISU7

Quote from: bleudog on December 13, 2015, 06:34:51 am

^This guy. ;)

From what I gather from other posts in this thread, Cecil Langston appeared in at least parts of 14 games.  The "previous record holder," assuming he participated in at least part of all his team's games, appeared in 13.  That doesn't diminish Cecil Langston's accomplishment but done make Pman's post at the least, misleading. 

6)  And to those Rivercrest faithfu who tried to defend the post quoted in #5, I'm unaware of a AAA record category for yards per quarter. ::)  Although it wouldn't surprise me if Cecil Langston had a higher yards per carry number than the "previous record holder" for total rushing yards in a season.  After an early season loss to Parkers Chapel, the "previous record holder" was moved to wildcat QB and had some man-child percent of carry numbers, especially during the 2011 playoffs.
I followed K. Dixon of  Strong, when he was playing high school. I met him at the 2A state basketball tournament along with S. Billings at the MAC in Monette Ar. KD is an outstanding athlete , and he continued to prove that during his college years at La Tech. He will be on somebody's NFL team next season. The most remarkable thing I found out about K Dixon, he is a very mild mannered and humble young man. This coming from a RiverCrest fan. 8)

bleudog

Quote from: Paperman on December 13, 2015, 07:06:48 am

Got it and responded.  Thank you.

bleudog

December 13, 2015, 08:10:34 am #34 Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:09:56 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ISU7 on December 13, 2015, 07:37:22 am
I followed K. Dixon of  Strong, when he was playing high school. I met him at the 2A state basketball tournament along with S. Billings at the MAC in Monette Ar. KD is an outstanding athlete , and he continued to prove that during his college years at La Tech. He will be on somebody's NFL team next season. The most remarkable thing I found out about K Dixon, he is a very mild mannered and humble young man. This coming from a RiverCrest fan. 8)

What got me about KD is he's a "yes sir" and "no sir" kind of guy.  I'm old school and that impressed me as much as his on field performance.  Having watched him thru his four years at Tech, he's quick to praise his teammates and one of the first to congratulate them on their accomplishments.  I'd guess Cecil is the same. 

KD is in a NCCA record chase for most total career rushing and receiving TDs.  He's tied for second with Monte Ball with 83 and is two behind Reynolds from Navy.  Both Reynolds and KD have a bowl game left.  Maybe CL can give that one a run over the next few years.

Earlier this season, KD scored six TDs in one game.  After KD had been pulled, Tech had the ball near the goal line late in that game.  Coach Holtz was going to send KD back in to get #7 (which I think would have been an NCAA record).  KD declined and asked Coach to put in another back who was a senior who hadn't played much due to injury.  The other senior got his first TD of this season on the next play.  Wouldn't surprise me if @_BONEHEAD_tez_ sent Cecil a congratulatory tweet on CL's accomplishment.

And I sincerely wish y'all had won the WMS game.  I'm not a fan of private schools from larger metro areas playing in the same classification with public schools from smaller communities.

Paperman

Quote from: bleudog on December 13, 2015, 07:51:52 am

Got it and responded.  Thank you.

No, thank you! Have a good one!

bdubyab60

One thing is a crying shame. Local paper has no mention of Langston or the Colts today in the paper. Cannot believe they wouldn't send someone to cover this game.

bleudog

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 13, 2015, 11:57:10 am
One thing is a crying shame. Local paper has no mention of Langston or the Colts today in the paper. Cannot believe they wouldn't send someone to cover this game.

Here's the ADG stuff (spoiler alert, the first link is more pleasant to read for a Colt fan than the second):  CLICK HERE and CLICK HERE

CoolBreeze

December 13, 2015, 12:57:13 pm #38 Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:12:09 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 12, 2015, 10:31:44 pm
I enjoyed watching him play today.  His defense was good as well

His catch of the deflected pass on the last drive was remarkable. It hit the defensive back in the hands and did not bounce up, yet he managed to catch it. His reflexes have to be incredible.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bleudog on December 13, 2015, 08:10:34 am

And I sincerely wish y'all had won the WMS game.  I'm not a fan of private schools from larger metro areas playing in the same classification with public schools from smaller communities.

Searcy is a "larger metro area?"

bleudog

December 13, 2015, 01:29:27 pm #40 Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 02:49:02 pm by bleudog
Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 13, 2015, 01:06:12 pm

Searcy is a "larger metro area?"

Not in the strict definition of census metropolitan statistical areas, but my typical private school / public school argument is keyed on population within a 10-20 mile radius of the campus.  I'm not sure what those numbers are, but:

One school is in a city with a population of somewhere between 20K and 25k and shares a post office with a 6A (I think) public school.

One school is near a city with a population of somewhere around 1K (you can add whatever appropriate numbers for the surrounding communities) and I assume is the only school in its immediate area.

Coltfan2005

Looks like #33 sat out half a game in three other games.

Markadomous

Where is he going to play college ball?

ISU7

December 14, 2015, 07:31:40 am #43 Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:36:40 am by ISU7
Did you really send him a secret msg. lol jk paperman.  GO COLTS!!!!!

ISU7

What got me about KD is he's a "yes sir" and "no sir" kind of guy.  I'm old school and that impressed me as much as his on field performance.  Having watched him thru his four years at Tech, he's quick to praise his teammates and one of the first to congratulate them on their accomplishments.  I'd guess Cecil is the same. 

KD is in a NCCA record chase for most total career rushing and receiving TDs.  He's tied for second with Monte Ball with 83 and is two behind Reynolds from Navy.  Both Reynolds and KD have a bowl game left.  Maybe CL can give that one a run over the next few years.

Earlier this season, KD scored six TDs in one game.  After KD had been pulled, Tech had the ball near the goal line late in that game.  Coach Holtz was going to send KD back in to get #7 (which I think would have been an NCAA record).  KD declined and asked Coach to put in another back who was a senior who hadn't played much due to injury.  The other senior got his first TD of this season on the next play.  Wouldn't surprise me if @_BONEHEAD_tez_ sent Cecil a congratulatory tweet on CL's accomplishment.

Yep I agree. KD has had an outstanding college career at La Tech. I'll be watching #28 in the New Orleans Bowl against the Red Wolves.

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 13, 2015, 11:57:10 am
Paperman from Osceola was there.. 8)

Shorttimer

Where should HA play?

ISU7

December 14, 2015, 07:54:26 am #47 Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 08:03:20 am by ISU7

Even the top runningbacks in the NFL get sowed down every now and then. The fans from the Crest always acknowledge their O-line. What he did against Glen Rose may not have been consider going off, but at the end it was good enough to be GOING OFF the field with the win and on to the next round,you dont need a college scout to consider that. Ha  ;D SMH.

bleudog

December 14, 2015, 09:17:17 am #48 Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:18:55 am by bleudog
Quote from: Shorttimer on December 14, 2015, 07:50:36 am
Where should HA play?

Create a private school league OR play in the same district as the public school in which their campus is located.

A compromise would be the Louisiana system.  Public and private schools play each other during the regular season, but the groups split for their respective playoffs and championships.

luxora4life

December 14, 2015, 09:30:02 am #49 Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:07:19 am by luxora4life
Quote from: bleudog on December 14, 2015, 09:17:17 am
Quote from: Shorttimer on December 14, 2015, 07:50:36 am
Where should HA play?

Create a private school league OR play in the same district as the public school in which their campus is located.
A compromise would be the Louisiana system.  Public and private schools play each other during the regular season, but the groups split for their respective playoffs and championships.

Private school - Public school -- the way these kids are changing school, its all the same. I say........Let Them Play!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas