• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Started by Sick Dog, December 07, 2015, 07:59:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindTime

Prescott will be Loaded next year remember me saying this Derick Flynn will be QB next year and he has a very good arm. He's pretty physical to so he will be looking for contact when runs he played LB , CB, And safety this year all over the field on D simply because he wasn't needed at QB this year.

Curleywolf Fan

December 09, 2015, 01:32:09 pm #51 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:35:36 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on December 09, 2015, 12:51:49 pm
Quote from: Carljung on December 09, 2015, 11:13:25 am
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 09, 2015, 11:03:23 am
Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on December 08, 2015, 10:34:52 pm
Quote from: Cupkake24 on December 08, 2015, 08:43:41 pm
Quote from: Sick Dog on December 08, 2015, 07:04:59 pm
Prescott will never have another Pipkin. They will finish 3rd next year in conference at best. Prescott is not loaded with "athletes" as you may think. They graduated many seniors this year and will be down next year. I hope I am wrong but im afraid they wont.
I didn't say we'd have another Pipkin. I said Flynn is not far from him. Tell you the truth I think freshman qb Johnson will be better than both when he gets experience and its time for him to play. Obviously you don't live in Prescott. They'll always will be loaded with athletes. They'll dominate the 3a-5 as usual. Just because you graduate a lot of seniors doesn't mean your going to have a down year. The year we lost to booneville look how many seniors we graduated and came back strong
I agree. At Prescott we do not rebuild we reload. We will have a good quarterback step up to take Trever's place and in my opinion we will have the best receiver in Pearson and the best running back in Vanhook in 3a next year. I said earlier and I will say it again it would not surprise me at all if we don't go undefeated in 5-3a for the 3rd year In a row.

How much good does reloading do when you can't hit those last two targets?
The same good it does for y'all year in and year out. You have a hard time handling success don't you? Y'all have a good year ever now and then and the other years y'all win around 8 games. Then here you come talking smack...btw you ain't very good at that. I'd let ISU handle that for me if I was you.
We have been very successful in the last 9 years we have been to 2 state championship games and 3 semifinals a lot of teams would love to say that. Being successful is more than state championships even though Prescott has plenty. At least Prescott is successful year in and year out and very few teams can say that. Don't be a hater like others and respect Prescott for being in my eyes the most successful football program in 3a on a consistent level since 1969.
Some people are just jealous of successful consistent winning teams like Prescott. I respect all teams and will not disrespect or hate on any team. What I will do is defend Prescott when they are disrespected and hated on.

Coltfan2005

December 09, 2015, 02:17:57 pm #52 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:26:16 pm by Coltfan2005
Prescott will never have another Pipkin. They will finish 3rd next year in conference at best. Prescott is not loaded with "athletes" as you may think. They graduated many seniors this year and will be down next year. I hope I am wrong but im afraid they wont.
I didn't say we'd have another Pipkin. I said Flynn is not far from him. Tell you the truth I think freshman qb Johnson will be better than both when he gets experience and its time for him to play. Obviously you don't live in Prescott. They'll always will be loaded with athletes. They'll dominate the 3a-5 as usual. Just because you graduate a lot of seniors doesn't mean your going to have a down year. The year we lost to booneville look how many seniors we graduated and came back strong
I agree. At Prescott we do not rebuild we reload. We will have a good quarterback step up to take Trever's place and in my opinion we will have the best receiver in Pearson and the best running back in Vanhook in 3a next year. I said earlier and I will say it again it would not surprise me at all if we don't go undefeated in 5-3a for the 3rd year In a row.

The same good it does for y'all year in and year out. You have a hard time handling success don't you? Y'all have a good year ever now and then and the other years y'all win around 8 games. Then here you come talking smack...btw you ain't very good at that. I'd let ISU handle that for me if I was you.
We have been very successful in the last 9 years we have been to 2 state championship games and 3 semifinals a lot of teams would love to say that. Being successful is more than state championships even though Prescott has plenty. At least Prescott is successful year in and year out and very few teams can say that. Don't be a hater like others and respect Prescott for being in my eyes the most successful football program in 3a on a consistent level since 1969.

Good thing we are using your eyes. 19 conf championships since 1969. Rivercrest has 27 since 1970. This will be the 4th championship game Rivercrest has been in since 2002. And we have won a state championship since 1995. Plus, do you realize Prescott hasn't been in the 3A all of the years since 1969. Got respect for the Prescott players. Got no respect for the posters who come on here and inflate their program's success. As you can see, Rivercrest has had more consistent success since 1970 then Prescott has.

CoolBreeze

Children, children, Mind your manners.

Can't we all agree that both Rivercrest and Prescott are football programs to be feared every year and often go deep into the playoffs, and sometimes contending for the championship?

And it might be a good idea until after Saturday to see if either has bragging rights this year. Prescott's season ended when they encountered Harding Academy. It remains to be seen whether Rivercrest will escape the same fate.

If they win, then they'll have something to brag about and can silence all naysayers.

Curleywolf Fan

December 09, 2015, 03:13:29 pm #54 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:16:04 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 09, 2015, 02:17:57 pm

Good thing we are using your eyes. 19 conf championships since 1969. Rivercrest has 27 since 1970. This will be the 4th championship game Rivercrest has been in since 2002. And we have won a state championship since 1995. Plus, do you realize Prescott hasn't been in the 3A all of the years since 1969. Got respect for the Prescott players. Got no respect for the posters who come on here and inflate their program's success. As you can see, Rivercrest has had more consistent success since 1970 then Prescott has.
We have more State Titles with 4 and more regional championships with 18 so we will agree to disagree. This is starting to sound childish. I could care less if you respect me just respect the players and the Prescott football program and I will do the same good luck Saturday.

OLDSCHOOL82

Cant we all just get along.

State champs 2010

Who gives a toot.. We suppose to be talkin about next year!

Coltfan2005

regional championships?

Lineman

I was wondering the same thing. I think he's referring to conference championships.

Curleywolf Fan

Lineman

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Lineman on December 09, 2015, 03:30:34 pm
That's a new one.
You have 4 regions in the playoffs and the winner of each one meet in the the semifinals.

OLDSCHOOL82

^Are we making up new champion titles now so that everyones a winner?

Lineman

Always referred to them as semifinalists.

RabidWolf

I've never heard of a regional championship?....

Coltfan2005

December 09, 2015, 05:19:33 pm #65 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:21:37 pm by Coltfan2005
Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on December 09, 2015, 03:36:16 pm
That's a new one.
You have 4 regions in the playoffs and the winner of each one meet in the the semifinals.

I don't think they are regional. Perhaps you are thinking about basketball. The teams in each section of the bracket (quadrant) are from all over the state. ECS, Glen Rose, and Smackover are in no way part of any region Rivercrest is in.

Please refer to above post about some people inflating their teams chances or stats.

Curleywolf Fan

December 09, 2015, 05:51:39 pm #66 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:00:49 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 09, 2015, 05:19:33 pm
Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on December 09, 2015, 03:36:16 pm
That's a new one.

I don't think they are regional. Perhaps you are thinking about basketball. The teams in each section of the bracket (quadrant) are from all over the state. ECS, Glen Rose, and Smackover are in no way part of any region Rivercrest is in.

Please refer to above post about some people inflating their teams chances or stats.
Okay Semifinals then and we have 18 and more than Rivercrest. Again I'm through talking about it. Good luck Saturday.

Coltfan2005

18 semi-finals, that is good. What years are those?

JC Guy

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 07, 2015, 11:05:40 pm
Don't sleep on smackover. With Edwards, burson, rucks, lee, Lewis and the addition of bo Jackson. They could end up another 1 seed . Lost only 2 offensive lineman also. Defense will be the death of this team
Hey now pump your breaks. Lil ole JC returns a bunch.

Headhunter15

Quote from: JC Guy on December 09, 2015, 07:15:45 pm
Don't sleep on smackover. With Edwards, burson, rucks, lee, Lewis and the addition of bo Jackson. They could end up another 1 seed . Lost only 2 offensive lineman also. Defense will be the death of this team

What I wanna know is will that first game be counted as the conference game or will it be pushed back to like week 4 or something

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 09, 2015, 08:11:25 pm
Quote from: JC Guy on December 09, 2015, 07:15:45 pm

What I wanna know is will that first game be counted as the conference game or will it be pushed back to like week 4 or something

Figuring it'll be pushed back...or the rare play the same team twice in a year is always an option

Headhunter15

Soooo who does Strickland pick up? Cupcake or powerhouse. I was thinking of somebody like Sheridan .

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 09, 2015, 08:32:22 pm
Soooo who does Strickland pick up? Cupcake or powerhouse. I was thinking of somebody like Sheridan .

Drew Central ;D

Curleywolf Fan

December 09, 2015, 09:57:08 pm #73 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:03:57 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 09, 2015, 06:55:10 pm
18 semi-finals, that is good. What years are those?
It was 17 times. The years were 1970,72,73,75,76,83,85,86,95,96,99,2002,2006,2009,2011,2012,2015. We have been pretty consistent in every decade.

Jimbo Morphis

fbisgreat

You better put Paris as one of the favorites the head coach said in today's SWTR paper that he had 4 college players next year.

Coltfan2005

Doesn't he know college kids are not eligible for High School football?  8)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 10, 2015, 05:49:06 pm
Doesn't he know college kids are not eligible for High School football?  8)

Dual enrollment...college at ATU, football at Paris

Coltfan2005

well, that's ok then.

adaptedtigerfan

I think he is referring to the WATCE program @ UAFS.

NewRecruit

You are crazy! There is no way Prescott will dominate next year.  Be good? Absolutely! Dominate? No!

NewRecruit

Quote from: GoDawgs on December 08, 2015, 11:06:41 am
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but Prescott is getting the QB from Centerpoint next year. Prescott will be in good shape.
If anyone truly believes Centerpoint's QB is going to Prescott, you have lost your mind!

Paperman

;) Maybe the quarterback will transfer to Rivercrest instead! LOL!

State champs 2010

Quote from: Paperman on December 11, 2015, 03:59:55 pm
;) Maybe the quarterback will transfer to Rivercrest instead! LOL!
rivercrest don't need a qb. From the looks of it your noles do!  :o

Carljung

Quote from: NewRecruit on December 11, 2015, 02:53:05 pm
Quote from: GoDawgs on December 08, 2015, 11:06:41 am
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but Prescott is getting the QB from Centerpoint next year. Prescott will be in good shape.
If anyone truly believes Centerpoint's QB is going to Prescott, you have lost your mind!
I hear ya Centerpoint student

Razorhummer

Quote from: Shorttimer on December 07, 2015, 08:34:02 pm
Two to think about: Junction City moving up. Newport moving down. Newport got kicked around in 4a this year but they were young and never stay down long.
Agreed. The Hounds had a very young team, very few seniors, new coach and also lost a longtime legendary coach that passed away and had too many distractions. They should have a good team next season and Junction City will be good as well.

gatecrasher

Junction City returns just about everyone. They will be one of the favorites to win it all in their first year in 3A

SR30

Don't know about the favorites. There are several 3A teams who have a tradition of being in the quarter and semi finals each year. Not saying that JC won't have an outstanding season but there is a big difference in 2A and 3A when you play week in and week out. Much different than stepping up once or twice a year for non conference. Some teams are able to compete strong the first years when they move up. Just look at Ft. Lake a very dominant 3A team.  They play strong but still haven't pulled in a 4A title yet. Like I said not saying JC is not capable but just don't see it in the first year in 3A. Good luck and welcome to 3A ball.

JC Guy

Quote from: SR30 on December 13, 2015, 12:53:12 am
Don't know about the favorites. There are several 3A teams who have a tradition of being in the quarter and semi finals each year. Not saying that JC won't have an outstanding season but there is a big difference in 2A and 3A when you play week in and week out. Much different than stepping up once or twice a year for non conference. Some teams are able to compete strong the first years when they move up. Just look at Ft. Lake a very dominant 3A team.  They play strong but still haven't pulled in a 4A title yet. Like I said not saying JC is not capable but just don't see it in the first year in 3A. Good luck and welcome to 3A ball.
JC returns a lot but the few that move on will be hard to replace. I agree that JC should hold its own but I wouldn't say we are a favorite.

Coltfan2005

This same discussion was held when Booneville plopped into 3A. How's that going for them?

BAMA#16

I'm excited for JC moving up, always thought of them as a solid 3a program while they were in 2a. I believe 3a is the best diverse division in the state.

Fullbacktrap75

Watched a few of McGehees 9ths graders play this year some of the best talent I have seen from them in years. Injuries destroyed them this year from what I heard 6 or 7 two way starters out. Including 2 stud backs

ReddieKnightTrojan

Centerpoint has never beaten Prescott in football. 2016 might as well be the first year that they do.

CURLEYWOLF24

December 18, 2015, 04:49:38 am #93 Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:51:24 am by CURLEYWOLF24
[

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on December 18, 2015, 04:49:38 am
Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 17, 2015, 02:54:01 pm
Centerpoint has never beaten Prescott in football. 2016 might as well be the first year that they do.
Don't think so.  But dream on.......  Owens is good, but not that good.  We own Centerpoint!!!!

I believe with his work ethic and character, he will be better that Pipkin ever thought about. He could slack off in the gym this year and get the big head and flop next season, but I just don't see that happening. CP will need to develop a better OL, and the defense needs to step up, but their coaches at that position were new too. The coaches will develop as well this offseason.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas