• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Started by Sick Dog, December 07, 2015, 07:59:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sick Dog

Who is the front runner for the title next season, before everyone gets off here for the year? Serious question

Headhunter15

Lamar and or charleston. Everyone I think knows why Lamar and charleston because of them being a bunch of juniors and sophomores and getting to the second round. Whenever charleston and Lamar plays, it needs to be broadcasted lol

Carljung

Smackover, Glen Rose, Lamar, Rivercrest, Harding, Greenland...in no particular order.

State champs 2010

Rivercrest is young!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Carljung on December 07, 2015, 08:22:19 pm
Smackover, Glen Rose, Lamar, Rivercrest, Harding, Greenland...in no particular order.

I think Smackover missed thier shot this year....

Headhunter15

Curleywolf Fan

Prescott of course like every year.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 07, 2015, 08:28:33 pm
Langston a senior?
yes. We have a freshman that's starting on defense that has 51 tackles in 5 games. He's a running back and a spitting image of Langston. He will be a stud next year. Coach hasn't used him at RB since he's stepped up.

Shorttimer

Two to think about: Junction City moving up. Newport moving down. Newport got kicked around in 4a this year but they were young and never stay down long.

State champs 2010

Harding, Rivercrest, Prescott, Junction, Smackover. Will be the top dogs next year.

Curleywolf Fan

Prescott has a returning running back that rushed for over 1,400 yards and a returning receiver that had over 70 catches for over 1,400 yards and coach Glass will have a new quarterback ready to go like he always does.

adaptedtigerfan

Remember fellas...  Charleston returns 14-15 starters.

OLDSCHOOL82

There's more to success than just returning starters.  They must be good starters.  Not saying chuck isn't returning some athletes, just not all of them are!

OLDSCHOOL82

It's like this most years but preskitt should be stout.  Even though it seems that kojack and snoopy graduated.  They will be fine without them rostered.

Lineman

The last time charleston lost in the 2nd round they came back & won it all the following year.

adaptedtigerfan

I guess Snoopy graduated last year.  I haven't heard from him all year...   Not a peep!

OLDSCHOOL82

^ what year was that linemen?

strongandsteady

Prescott will have be loaded next year remember this in 2016

Headhunter15

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 07, 2015, 08:40:21 pm
Remember fellas...  Charleston returns 14-15 starters.

I remember lol

Lineman

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 07, 2015, 08:49:40 pm
^ what year was that linemen?
Lost 2nd round in 2010. Who won it all that year? 

Coltfan2005

I believe the Colts did.
8)

Lineman

Bingo. Coincidence?  BTW: we played Smackover in the first round.

Coltfan2005

oooooooooooooh! spooky! :o

Paperman

Osceola could be decent as well. Look for Newport to be solid as well! Charleston will be really good next year and I think Prescott will be very talented! Plus the Colts, Harding and Glen Rose !

Clara Allen

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 07, 2015, 08:46:06 pm
I guess Snoopy graduated last year.  I haven't heard from him all year...   Not a peep!

Oh, he's around...

Sick Dog

Prescott will be down next year. wont be surprised if they go .500. Look out for Glen Rose from this conference.

Headhunter15

Don't sleep on smackover. With Edwards, burson, rucks, lee, Lewis and the addition of bo Jackson. They could end up another 1 seed . Lost only 2 offensive lineman also. Defense will be the death of this team

Cupkake24

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 07, 2015, 10:51:57 pm
Prescott will be down next year. wont be surprised if they go .500. Look out for Glen Rose from this conference.
What are you talking about? The wolves wilk be loaded. There getting majority of tge starterd back and and a very strong & talented freshman class

beach bum

December 07, 2015, 11:27:21 pm #28 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:29:21 pm by beach bum
The 4-3A will be the best league! Charleston gets to the state title game, Lamar to the semifinals, Paris to the quarterfinals, and the 4 seed wins one playoff game in 2016..... let the haters hate  8)

Black and Gold

I like the way you think beach bum

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Cupkake24 on December 07, 2015, 11:19:46 pm
What are you talking about? The wolves wilk be loaded. There getting majority of tge starterd back and and a very strong & talented freshman class
It would not surprise me to see Prescott go undefeated for the 3rd straight year in conference this upcoming season and I don't see Glen Rose beating Prescott because Prescott has more playmakers coming back and the game will be played in Prescott next year.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: HF on December 07, 2015, 08:28:25 pm

I think Smackover missed thier shot this year....

YEP.

CURLEYWOLF24

Your joking right? Prescott will be in the mix again.

imtie

Smackover will probably come out a 2 seed and just wont have the horses to make a lot of noise in the play offs next year. Point blank Smackover is a top 10 team but that's it.

Carljung

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on December 08, 2015, 05:07:34 am
Your joking right? Prescott will be in the mix again.
Your joking right? Have you seen Dallas this year without Romo or Baylor without their qb? You can have all the talent in the world but if the qb is a ? then the team is a ? glen rose and centerpoint will compete for the title with Prescott being somewhere between 2nd and 4th depending on who the qb is and how he does.

GoDawgs

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but Prescott is getting the QB from Centerpoint next year. Prescott will be in good shape.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: GoDawgs on December 08, 2015, 11:06:41 am
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but Prescott is getting the QB from Centerpoint next year. Prescott will be in good shape.

Recruiting perhaps? Couldn't happen this is a public school.

SR30

Prescott has a QB moving up from Jr. High that is top notch. With that said Glen Rose is only losing 2 or maybe 3 starters, can't remember for sure, so they will have experience. They do have a good core of running backs to choose from and maybe a surprise one in that area  Plus they have some very talented freshman who will start as sophomores and make a major impact. Don't count them out of the mix.

Wheels

Quote from: SR30 on December 08, 2015, 01:32:26 pm
Prescott has a QB moving up from Jr. High that is top notch. With that said Glen Rose is only losing 2 or maybe 3 starters, can't remember for sure, so they will have experience. They do have a good core of running backs to choose from and maybe a surprise one in that area  Plus they have some very talented freshman who will start as sophomores and make a major impact. Don't count them out of the mix.
Who is expected to take over for Jordan Johnson at running back? Any backups get significant carries this year?

ReddieKnightTrojan

Centerpoint has all key starters returning. Losing a quality receiver and dback, but returning their 1000 yard receiver, and Owens is primed to lead the Knights deep into the playoffs. They are losing their runningback, but if their 1000 yarder (as a sophomore) gets it on in the gym this year, Graves will run wild on the 5-3A next year. He's the 10th grader that broke the school record with 5 rushing TDs against Horatio as a sophomore. He played NG this year.

SR30

No set person to take over for Johnson but they have several to choose from. There are a couple who had significant carries. Offseason will be competitive for sure.

Cupkake24

Quote from: GoDawgs on December 08, 2015, 11:06:41 am
Prescott qb be will be current junior Derrick Flynn I won't say hes just as good as Pipkin but he's not far from him

Sick Dog

Prescott will never have another Pipkin. They will finish 3rd next year in conference at best. Prescott is not loaded with "athletes" as you may think. They graduated many seniors this year and will be down next year. I hope I am wrong but im afraid they wont.

Cupkake24

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 08, 2015, 07:04:59 pm
Prescott will never have another Pipkin. They will finish 3rd next year in conference at best. Prescott is not loaded with "athletes" as you may think. They graduated many seniors this year and will be down next year. I hope I am wrong but im afraid they wont.
I didn't say we'd have another Pipkin. I said Flynn is not far from him. Tell you the truth I think freshman qb Johnson will be better than both when he gets experience and its time for him to play. Obviously you don't live in Prescott. They'll always will be loaded with athletes. They'll dominate the 3a-5 as usual. Just because you graduate a lot of seniors doesn't mean your going to have a down year. The year we lost to booneville look how many seniors we graduated and came back strong

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Cupkake24 on December 08, 2015, 08:43:41 pm
I didn't say we'd have another Pipkin. I said Flynn is not far from him. Tell you the truth I think freshman qb Johnson will be better than both when he gets experience and its time for him to play. Obviously you don't live in Prescott. They'll always will be loaded with athletes. They'll dominate the 3a-5 as usual. Just because you graduate a lot of seniors doesn't mean your going to have a down year. The year we lost to booneville look how many seniors we graduated and came back strong
I agree. At Prescott we do not rebuild we reload. We will have a good quarterback step up to take Trever's place and in my opinion we will have the best receiver in Pearson and the best running back in Vanhook in 3a next year. I said earlier and I will say it again it would not surprise me at all if we don't go undefeated in 5-3a for the 3rd year In a row.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on December 08, 2015, 10:34:52 pm
I agree. At Prescott we do not rebuild we reload. We will have a good quarterback step up to take Trever's place and in my opinion we will have the best receiver in Pearson and the best running back in Vanhook in 3a next year. I said earlier and I will say it again it would not surprise me at all if we don't go undefeated in 5-3a for the 3rd year In a row.

I believe Prescott will be good, really good or really really good next year.   One of those three. 

Coltfan2005

How much good does reloading do when you can't hit those last two targets?

Carljung

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 09, 2015, 11:03:23 am

The same good it does for y'all year in and year out. You have a hard time handling success don't you? Y'all have a good year ever now and then and the other years y'all win around 8 games. Then here you come talking smack...btw you ain't very good at that. I'd let ISU handle that for me if I was you.

Curleywolf Fan

December 09, 2015, 12:51:49 pm #48 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:55:30 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: Carljung on December 09, 2015, 11:13:25 am
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 09, 2015, 11:03:23 am

The same good it does for y'all year in and year out. You have a hard time handling success don't you? Y'all have a good year ever now and then and the other years y'all win around 8 games. Then here you come talking smack...btw you ain't very good at that. I'd let ISU handle that for me if I was you.
We have been very successful in the last 9 years we have been to 2 state championship games and 3 semifinals a lot of teams would love to say that. Being successful is more than state championships even though Prescott has plenty. At least Prescott is successful year in and year out and very few teams can say that. Don't be a hater like others and respect Prescott for being in my eyes the most successful football program in 3a on a consistent level since 1969.

CURLEYWOLF24

Carljung must have lost some money on them Curley Wolves.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas