• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honors

Started by thedirtye, December 05, 2015, 01:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thedirtye

When will the all conference and all state voting take place??

Lineman

I don't have the complete list but I know the 3A-4 all conference has been decided.

Clara Allen

Lamar had 10 all conference, one all state and one all star nominated

Nip/Tusk

10 all conference? 

Might as well give it to everybody.

#participationtrophy

thedirtye

Quote from: Josh Louin on December 05, 2015, 02:58:39 pm
10 all conference? 

#participationtrophy
Dont question it that much. Last season Prescott had 9 first team,2second team all conference. And 4 all state with 3more honerable mention all state

Clara Allen

10 all conference? 

#participationtrophy

Think what you like Joshie boy.  The ten who were honored worked their behinds off, even in the face of injuries and doubters.  Take it back a step.  No I'm not one of their mommas.  I'm all their mom!

ISU7

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on December 05, 2015, 04:11:50 pm
10 all conference? 

#participationtrophy

Think what you like Joshie boy.  The ten who were honored worked their behinds off, even in the face of injuries and doubters.  Take it back a step.  No I'm not one of their mommas.  I'm all their mom!
Tell em mom  8)

macadoshis

I think everyone of them earned their spot. And I think Kern deserved All State as well.

Nip/Tusk

I'm not bashing any of the kids. My remark was towards whoever votes for these things and allows that many players, basically half of a starting team to be "rewarded".

The kids should accept the honor and be proud of it.

Arkansas high school athletics seems to be more about making money and everyone happy. It's just as much a criticism on society as it is high school athletics.

Lineman

These kids deserve every honor they earn. Why don't you participate is leaving

nastynice

Quote from: Josh Louin on December 05, 2015, 05:42:33 pm
I'm not bashing any of the kids. My remark was towards whoever votes for these things and allows that many players, basically half of a starting team to be "rewarded".

Arkansas high school athletics seems to be more about making money and everyone happy. It's just as much a criticism on society as it is high school athletics.
Mostly true.

nastynice

Quote from: Josh Louin on December 05, 2015, 05:42:33 pm

FIFY. Now it's 100% true!

Clara Allen

The coaches vote on the athletes.
It's been that way for a while.
I think it's kind of cool that the other coaches in our conference thought that highly of our Warriors.

Paperman

Quote from: thedirtye on December 05, 2015, 01:10:35 pm
Final honors won't be announced by the AAA until after the title games are completed

thedirtye

Quote from: Paperman on December 05, 2015, 09:54:54 pm
Quote from: thedirtye on December 05, 2015, 01:10:35 pm
Final honors won't be announced by the AAA until after the title games are completed
Thanks paperman

Coach Jones

The number of all conference players are decided by how you finish in the conference and how many rounds of the playoffs you go.  You get to add one player for every round of the playoffs.

Paperman

Quote from: Coach Jones on December 06, 2015, 07:32:30 am
The number of all conference players are decided by how you finish in the conference and how many rounds of the playoffs you go.  You get to add one player for every round of the playoffs.

Sometimes coaches forget to vote for anybody! I've seen it happen!

young_gun

December 07, 2015, 03:12:40 pm #17 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:02:11 am by young_gun
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on December 05, 2015, 09:50:11 pm
I think it's kind of cool that the other coaches in our conference thought that highly of our Warriors.

The Conerences head coaches vote on All State.

thedirtye

I thought conference coaches voted on all-conference. Coaches from around the state voted for all-state or atleast that's what I was told

Paperman

Quote from: young_gun on December 07, 2015, 03:12:40 pm
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on December 05, 2015, 09:50:11 pm

The Conerences head coaches vote on All State. The All Conference is decided by that schools coaching staff.
That would be correct! Most coaches don't have a clue about a kid outside there conference unless they see them in the post-season.

MHS67

So where is a list of all the selected All Conference athletes?  Would like to look at list, don't seem to find it anywhere!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas