• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HA vs Rivercrest Finals in 3A Vote here amigos!

Started by Inigo Montoya, December 04, 2015, 09:58:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HA vs Rivercrest

HA
68 (61.8%)
Rivercrest
42 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 110

HeadBussa08

biglion1985

I gotta go with my fellow conference foe go COLT NATION

ISU7

We love being the underdog, might as well keep it going, been that way the last three weeks... ;D ;D 8)

Big Red Fan 54

I don't do much posting. Haven't caught a Colt game all year but I am rooting you my Colts. Good luck to both teams and I hope for an injury free good competitive game on both sides. GO COLTS!

Black and Gold

I picked both upsets last week. But I think I'll have to take Harding in this one. They were clicking on all cylinders against the pups. Has RC played any pass happy teams this year?

State champs 2010

The colts held smack over to 13 points. Smack was known for there high powered offense and was number 1 in the state. Rivercrest defense has stepped it up big time and I would put there defense against any offense in 3a right now. They make plays when they need them the most! This should be a exciting game!! I can't wait for Saturday!!!! Go colts!!!

Sick Dog

Harding wins by 28. unless the Colts stick with the keep away game plan and limits the touches of HA offense.

Paperman

Smackover was supposed to metcy rule the Colts! final Colts 15, Buckaroos 13
Glen Rose was going to win by double digits! Final Colts 20, Beavers 7
Episcopal was too strong on offense to lose! Final colts 62, Wildcats 52
People outside of Mississippi County have been wrong for 3 weeks in a row! I say make it 4! Colts win it all 36-16

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 05, 2015, 09:36:41 pm
Harding wins by 28. unless the Colts stick with the keep away game plan and limits the touches of HA offense.

you have picked against the Colts pretty much all the time. It appears you know little about football. Perhaps you could get a job at Hootens.

ISU7

December 06, 2015, 12:55:35 am #10 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:58:54 am by ISU7
Quote from: Sick Dog on December 05, 2015, 09:36:41 pm
Seems to me you should be tired of picking against the Colts every week.  It's all good. Since you couldn't root for your team. 😄😎

imtie

It will be who scores the last point. HA has no chance in the world in stoping crest run game. Point blank

redandgray

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Paperman on December 05, 2015, 09:52:03 pm
People outside of Mississippi County have been wrong for 3 weeks in a row! I say make it 4! Colts win it all 36-16

I'm curious (and not being sarcastic), how is it that Rivercrest held Smackover to 13 points and Glen Rose to 7 but gave up 52 to ECS? Do the have a great defense or not? The GR game can be partly explained by field conditions, but that isn't true for Smackover.

I am wondering if this game may b e reminiscent not of the HA/Rivercrest game in 2010, but of the HA/Glen Rose game in 2011. I'm not referring to who won but the fact that the winner was the team who happened to score last.

4thandgoal

bootlegger

i dont think either team wins by 21 points,it will be more like 21 to 20 i hope in favor of the crest.

CURLEYWOLF24

Paperman

I am amending my final score to 26-16! I hit the 3 rather than the 2 when posting. I don't believe either team would win by -0 or more! My apologies! In all seriousness, I think this will be a well played game! I just wonder how much wind and rain might affect things! It should rather warm but stormy! Best wishes to both teams! I pray for an injury free contest!

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 06, 2015, 02:30:25 pm

I'm curious (and not being sarcastic), how is it that Rivercrest held Smackover to 13 points and Glen Rose to 7 but gave up 52 to ECS? Do the have a great defense or not? The GR game can be partly explained by field conditions, but that isn't true for Smackover.

I am wondering if this game may b e reminiscent not of the HA/Rivercrest game in 2010, but of the HA/Glen Rose game in 2011. I'm not referring to who won but the fact that the winner was the team who happened to score last.
You ever heard of adjustments, moving players around til you find something that works and of course a little luck every now and then helps too. lol . Im impressed myself how this defense has been playing, looks like a totally different defense. 8) 8)

cdelaney

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 06, 2015, 02:30:25 pm

ECS had an explosive RB and an explosive WR with a QB who could get him the ball. GR and Smack were more one dimensional. Just my opinion.
Plus maybe Crest defense improved or got more confident?
Anyway, Crest fans, I am one of those who picked against you the past 3 weeks. I'm now a believer, so I'm ready to pick the Colts this week but if you want me to keep the karma going I will pick against you again. Your choice.

Lions84

The River Crested last week and has no where to go but down against HA!

CornFields12

El Jefe

Rivercrest will have a hard time defending HA pass game. The last passing team they played was Episcopal. They got the W but it was a shootout. And Harding is much better than Episcopal. I tip my hat to Rivercrest for proving all the non-believers wrong. I hope they prove me wrong but I'm going with Harding 45-35

HeadBussa08

Both teams playing at a high level right. Depends on the play of Langston and Francis. Both will have to bring their A game for their teams to win. I think Harding is a bad matchup for Rivercrest. Rivercrest will have to do a great job of controlling time of possession and limiting Hardings possessions which they are capable of doing. Harding has to focus on stopping the run and then just doing what they do on offense. Let Francis Distribute to his playmakers. gonna be a good game.

coltmom#10

Fourth and Long

I think it's going to be a close game.  Rivercrest's defense has been impressive the past two weeks against very good offensive teams.  I understand that they have a good offensive line in front of a great RB.  HA has a lot of respect for Rivercrest and their long history of having a successful football program. 

HA has so many offensive players who can make plays.  A defense can't look to stop one player, there are playmakers all over the field.  The Wildcat defense is underrated.  The overall team speed on defense is impressive and they have played against a similar offensive scheme (not the same level of talent though) several times this season. 

The big question to me is can HA's defense stop the Colt's running game?  I think the Wildcats will score some points, but can they stop sustained drives?  Coach Mote has done an excellent job of scheming and making adjustments on defense all year long.  I'm confident that HA will play enough defense to come away with a win in a close game.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Fourth and Long on December 07, 2015, 11:22:04 am
I think it's going to be a close game.  Rivercrest's defense has been impressive the past two weeks against very good offensive teams.  I understand that they have a good offensive line in front of a great RB.  HA has a lot of respect for Rivercrest and their long history of having a successful football program. 

HA has so many offensive players who can make plays.  A defense can't look to stop one player, there are playmakers all over the field.  The Wildcat defense is underrated.  The overall team speed on defense is impressive and they have played against a similar offensive scheme (not the same level of talent though) several times this season. 

The big question to me is can HA's defense stop the Colt's running game?  I think the Wildcats will score some points, but can they stop sustained drives?  Coach Mote has done an excellent job of scheming and making adjustments on defense all year long.  I'm confident that HA will play enough defense to come away with a win in a close game.
smackovers offense had playmakers everywhere around the ball.. Nothing new to the colts defense.. I'm pickin my colts in a close one 28-27

Black and Gold

Prescott missed out on 9 points last week (3 unsuccessful trips to the red zone) if they take those 9 points, than this conversation may be totally different

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Fourth and Long on December 07, 2015, 11:22:04 am

The Crest could present a problem for the HA D. The offenses that have given them problems this year have been those with a power running game. The best example is Vilonia who pounded them hard and often. Of course, Vilonia was 5A playoff team.

TC

Fourth and Long

The Crest could present a problem for the HA D. The offenses that have given them problems this year have been those with a power running game. The best example is Vilonia who pounded them hard and often. Of course, Vilonia was 5A playoff team.

You must not have seen the HA vs. VHS game.  Vilonia wore out the HA defense with a hurry-up offense and a scrambling qb who made some great plays.  VHS's hurry up with no players going both ways just wore out the Wildcats.  HA didn't tackle well either.  It was the worst defensive performance of the year for the Wildcats.  If Rivercrest runs a play every 10 seconds like Vilonia did, that could cause problems for the Wildcats.  Vilonia didn't have a pound away, ball control offense, they ran the spread with good balance of rushing and passing.

Coltfan2005

you won't see a play every 10 seconds. It takes at least 12 seconds to wind #33 up between runs.

State champs 2010

coltmom#10

State champs 2010

BoogieMan27

Being in the 3A-3, I want to go with Rivercrest because they're a solid team. Even though we lost to them in OT, I think it was our best game of the year. I'm stoked for Rivercrest to rep the 3A-3 when everyone said our conference wouldn't make it past the first round. I guess the ground and pound can work. I know Harding Academy is going to be a tough test being a private school and all, but it would be awesome for Rivercrest to lay the smack down on HA. Good Luck Rivercrest!!!

ISU7

Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 07, 2015, 09:44:05 pm
Hootens has HA favored by 6!   ::)
Hootens is 0-3 vs the Colts in the playoffs, they no nothing about the teams in the East.  ;D 8)

Carljung

Quote from: ISU7 on December 08, 2015, 09:23:49 am
Hootens is 0-3 vs the Colts in the playoffs, they no nothing about the teams in the East.  ;D 8)
Or the south... Hootens is clueless tbh. Good luck to your colts ISU7. Langston is a true warrior.

ISU7

Quote from: Carljung on December 08, 2015, 09:25:26 am
Quote from: ISU7 on December 08, 2015, 09:23:49 am
Or the south... Hootens is clueless tbh. Good luck to your colts ISU7. Langston is a true warrior.
Exactly, more like central and the West. Thanks Carljung.

State champs 2010

High chances of rain Saturday! Will this help either team?? Or hurt both??

ReddieKnightTrojan

I'm going with HA even though the Cinderella story would be awesome.

twincats16

Quote from: State champs 2010 on December 08, 2015, 10:32:07 am
High chances of rain Saturday! Will this help either team?? Or hurt both??

After watching HA play Danville in an absolute downpour, I think they could play well in a CAT 5 hurricane (as long as they are going with the wind)  ;D

Rain chances are only at 40% now.  I doubt it will affect either team.

Fourth and Long

Quote from: coltmom#10 on December 08, 2015, 08:40:54 am
I like being the underdog!

Since Hooten's picked both of these teams to lose last week, it puts their prediction powers in question. ;)  Rivercrest will have a huge size advantage and the possibility of rain should be to the Colts advantage as well.  I'm looking forward to a great game. 

ReddieKnightTrojan

Rain shouldn't be a factor. A team like Rivercrest should be able to do what they do, and a team like Harding Academy should be able to do what they do with respect to preparing for such a thing. I don't know any coach in football that doesn't practice in the rain hoping that at some point in the season, the boys will have familiarity with the circumstance. I even know coaches who soak balls in 5 gallon buckets and make QBs throw slimy, wet balls.

Lions84

Mr_Deb

Still debating about making the trek for this one...

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 08, 2015, 02:37:29 pm
Rain shouldn't be a factor. A team like Rivercrest should be able to do what they do, and a team like Harding Academy should be able to do what they do with respect to preparing for such a thing. I don't know any coach in football that doesn't practice in the rain hoping that at some point in the season, the boys will have familiarity with the circumstance. I even know coaches who soak balls in 5 gallon buckets and make QBs throw slimy, wet balls.

They can slime the balls all the want to. But when they get out on the field at WMS a nice rain is going to hamper the HA offense. The ball will slip in the QB's hand and it will slip in the receivers. Rain can also hurt a running team because that ball will get slippery. But I think rain favors the Colts.

Maynard G Krebs

For a gift certificate to the Wilson Cafe, I'll put my support behind Rivercrest

Coltfan2005

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas