• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harding Academy Wildcats

Started by WCD, December 02, 2015, 08:34:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WCD

It has been my privilege to watch the HA Wildcats play football for 13 seasons. This has been through the summer practice, football season and off season workouts. In that time they have had 12 winning seasons, 2 state championships and numerous conference championships. They have been to several state championships as well.

It is an amazing record considering that they are a legitimate small 2A school playing up in the 3A conference. Even with that they play 4A &5A teams and compete well. Every year I expect them to make the playoffs and even make it to the Championship game. They never have disappointed me even in the one year that they went 5-5. They were still playing solid football.

What I like more than anything else is the character building that they provide to these young men. They are fine upstanding young men and most of them go on to college and obtain a secondary education. I am proud of the players and their ability to see a larger picture of life.

Whether or not they win on the gridiron on Friday nights, in my book they are all WINNERS. I am proud to be a fan of these young men!

WCD ;D

Black and Gold

Harding has always been a very classy program. I enjoy seeing them play.

whippersnapper

Still remember the 2012-2013 season for HA. 3 sports 3 state championships and led by probably the best athlete to ever come through HA, Mr. Will Francis. I didn't watch him in baseball but I am sure he was just as good as he was in fball and basketball. But he also showed class and very strong leadership. He will be successful in whatever he do3s and wish him the best. Now time to see if little brother can bring in a ring as well.

AlumniLights

Great Post, Great Program, Great Leadership throughout Harding athletics.

Lions84

Great Program and always classy.

Markadomous

PB always has to throw his 2 cents in.

Markadomous

Prescott has played HA twice I think. Very classy program.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Markadomous on December 02, 2015, 03:27:20 pm

At least its not a quarter...that would hurt

Headhunter15

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 02, 2015, 03:35:56 pm
Quote from: Markadomous on December 02, 2015, 03:27:20 pm

At least its not a quarter...that would hurt

75 more cent and you're a" dollarmillionaire"

Black and Gold

So how would they do this for a school that doesn't consistently compete with these bigger programs? What actually determines whether these schools are competing? Do you mean they win it every year? Or do they keep it close?

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 02, 2015, 01:42:36 pm
What??? That's absurd. lol.
+1 PB.   There are things that just aren't "right" about that statement. 

BAMA#16

HeadBussa08

Very classy program. Very nice ppl at games the past few years I've made the trip to Harding to watch them play. Looking fwd to Friday.

beaverfan007

I hope y'all can defend the spread offense against Prescott goodluck on Friday

WCD

I would think that since HA has been running the spread for the last 15 years they are fairly good at defending the spread as well.

Tomorrow night will be the tale of the tape!

WCD ;D

Paperman

Quote from: WCD on December 03, 2015, 11:33:10 am
I would think that since HA has been running the spread for the last 15 years they are fairly good at defending the spread as well.

WCD ;D

Best wishes to HA! Would be nice to meet them again in LR!

Lions84

WCD

I never doubted you guys! Great game! Enjoy the weekend!

WCD ;D

lorettalynn

WilderKat

Yea, yea...that is all very special, I am sure.
But, can you tell me where a person might be able to watch some game films on this here Internet? Of course, I mean of Riverdale  (....or whoever) game films. Big game coming, and just want to be as psychologically prepared as humanly possible. You know.

AlumniLights

Quote from: Paperman on December 03, 2015, 09:57:21 pm

WCD ;D

They were definitely one of the first team to start dominating with the spread way back then

Lions84

Paperman

Quote from: AlumniLights on December 07, 2015, 10:51:37 am

WCD ;D

They were definitely one of the first team to start dominating with the spread way back then

Should be a great atmosphere at War Memorial Stadium tomorrow! Great to face a class program like Harding in a state final! Should be an outstanding game between two great schools! Safe travels to all making the trip and a prayer for the health of the young men and coaches on the field tomorrow!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Paperman on December 11, 2015, 10:55:02 am
Quote from: AlumniLights on December 07, 2015, 10:51:37 am

WCD ;D

Should be a great atmosphere at War Memorial Stadium tomorrow! Great to face a class program like Harding in a state final! Should be an outstanding game between two great schools! Safe travels to all making the trip and a prayer for the health of the young men and coaches on the field tomorrow!

+1

Fourth and Long

This season has been a special one as a dad for a senior Wildcat.  The similarities between my son's career and my my football football career at HA is uncanny.  Both of us watched the Wildcats lose in the championship game when we were in 7th grade.  Each class started thinking that they would win a state championship when they were seniors.  Both of us were on undefeated junior high teams.  Both of us were on teams with a strong core of senior leaders with very talented juniors and sophomores contributing.  My son does happily remind me that he was on the team as a 9th grader that won in 2012, something I didn't experience.

39 years ago, I was on the first state championship team for Harding Academy (1976).  Tomorrow, I get to watch my son's team strive to accomplish the same goal.  I have to say it's a lot harder to go through this as a parent then it was as a player.  I'm a proud parent and alumnus of HA.  This team is made up of a great bunch of young men and I appreciate all the lessons they have learned through good coaches and the adversity of the game.

To you young guys out there, savor the moments.  As James said - "What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."  Go Wildcats!

WCD

CoolBreeze

Lions84

Great win today !!!! Way to go Wildcats.

WCD

December 12, 2015, 04:14:56 pm #28 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:30:02 pm by WCD
To all the Wildcat players, it was a pleasure to watch you play this year! I am so proud of your accomplishments and congratulate you on winning the 2015 3A state championship!

WCD-;

Fox32

redandgray

Congrats to the Wildcats. You guys had a great team. Go Colts!

BAMA#16

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas