• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

prescott goes to harding

Started by prescottwolfman, November 27, 2015, 09:36:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadBussa08

well this escalated quickly lol

xadboy

After watching Prescott take it to Lamar, I'd say they are firing on all cylinders. Offense is very explosive, Pipkin is very mobile and will turn nothing into something. They have the speed on defense to be very disruptive. Everyone talked about how good their passing game was, but I'd say their ground game is just as explosive as the passing is. And they did all this on a muddy slick field. Since this game is on turf then HA better get used to looking at the back of Prescott's jersey's as they run by you. If long range forecast hold's up, then field will be dry. Advantage goes to Prescott.

The only weakness that I saw from Prescott was place kicking.

Prescott wins by 3 or 4 tds. Bye bye HA.

nastynice

Any thread involving Sickdog will escalate quickly! Especially if you have a different opinion than his. But, sick has a point. Just about all the champions last few years have had some sort of luck or huge break to win it all. It takes a good team and a handful of breaks to win it any more.
If both teams play close to their best, then Prescott moonwalks into the finals!

Has Prescott played on turf this year?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: nastynice on November 29, 2015, 05:36:43 am
Any thread involving Sickdog will escalate quickly! Especially if you have a different opinion than his. But, sick has a point. Just about all the champions last few years have had some sort of luck or huge break to win it all. It takes a good team and a handful of breaks to win it any more.
If both teams play close to their best, then Prescott moonwalks into the finals!

Has Prescott played on turf this year?
This will be Prescott's 4th time playing on turf this year. (Hope, TheGlenRose, and Haskell HG).  5th will be a charm!

WPWells

Only champion that didn't require luck was Charleston in 2013

imtie

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 29, 2015, 08:41:33 am
Only champion that didn't require luck was Charleston in 2013

JC 60-0 vs des arc

WPWells

I thought we were just talking 3A. JC hasn't needed luck for a couple years now

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 29, 2015, 09:43:24 am
I thought we were just talking 3A. JC hasn't needed luck for a couple years now
They got all the luck that year when they played Bearden.

Proud Buckaroo

Last second hail mary. Tipped by a Bearden player and landed right into a junction city players hand.

State champs 2010

TC

Trust me. HA won't get blown out of the water. This will be a very good game

Wolfpack

Preparations and hard work. I'm sure The Wolves will be well prepared for this one. Not taking anything from Harding, they are well coached. At this point it's win or go home. The Wolves will be ready for they are also well coached and will be ready for anything. Two great teams going head to head. Ptown will pack the stadium. Man I can't wait for this one. Gods will all traveling grace to everyone. Don't meet me there beat me there GO WOLVES GO!!!

twincats16

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 28, 2015, 12:59:03 pm
Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 28, 2015, 12:30:58 pm
What came into factor making Prescott travel to HA?
It shouldn't matter. Prescott plays just as good on the road as they do at home and Prescott fans travel as good as any fans. I wouldn't be surprised if they are more Prescott fans there than HA fans.

You obviously haven't been to a Harding Academy home playoff game.   The stands will be plenty full.

strongandsteady

Good that means great atmosphere. This will be my first time going to the Harding Stadium. Is it big?

Black and Gold

Harding and Harding University use the same field. You'll be on a nice field and lots of nice people.

twincats16

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 29, 2015, 03:36:26 pm
Good that means great atmosphere. This will be my first time going to the Harding Stadium. Is it big?

They use Harding University's stadium.  Home stands are decent size for a D2 school and there will be plenty of room on the visitors side. Safe travels from Prescott.

RowdyReputation40

Prescott matches up well. Should get a lot of pressure this week with there d line

Shorttimer

This will be the most entertaining game in the state this week. I think Harding will win because I like their defense a little more.

Regardless of who wins, this game might last until 11:00.

KOJACK

Two teams that like to throw it around. I wonder if the way EC$ beat Bald Knob and the way Harding and Bald knob was a two score game means anything?

Proud Buckaroo

I doubt it. You can never compare scores.

Headhunter15

Now ole jack, let's not compare scores. Chg is at home so In that terminology where should you guys be?  ;D

KOJACK

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 29, 2015, 06:43:09 pm
Now ole jack, let's not compare scores. Chg is at home so In that terminology where should you guys be?  ;D
Same place as junction and warren right? And in your terminology you guys right? But these games were months ago. Harding and bald knob was week 10 and ecs and bald knob was week 11, soooo...

Proud Buckaroo

It doesn't matter how many weeks ago it was. Comparing scores does nothing for you. 

Headhunter15

Quote from: KOJACK on November 29, 2015, 06:46:38 pm
Same place as junction and warren right? And in your terminology you guys right? But these games were months ago. Harding and bald knob was week 10 and ecs and bald knob was week 11, soooo...

You won this one jack. We'll meet again

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 29, 2015, 06:49:47 pm
It doesn't matter how many weeks ago it was. Comparing scores does nothing for you.
Oh yea it does plenty for me...just doesn't mean anything. Wonder why you did that with Gurdon?

Sick Dog

trust me there will be no bigger fan of Harding Academy this week than PB. He doesn't want Smackover to see Prescott in the finals.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: KOJACK on November 29, 2015, 07:09:13 pm
Oh yea it does plenty for me...just doesn't mean anything. Wonder why you did that with Gurdon?

That's where you are wrong. I said prescott allowed one player to get 360 yards on them and three touchdowns. Nice try though.

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 29, 2015, 07:15:34 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on November 29, 2015, 07:09:13 pm

That's where you are wrong. I said prescott allowed one player to get 360 yards on them and three touchdowns. Nice try though.
I was surprised y'all didn't air it out against WF. With them loading the box I figured it woulda been the perfect opportunity to open it up.

Headhunter15

Tried throwing. 3rd and 17(24 yard completion to ray) flag on the play. 3rd and 23. Holding.
3rd and 12(15 yard completion to jones) flag on the play 3rd and 19 holding.
3rd and 5(screen to rucks for 12 yards) flag on the play 3rd and 20 pass int.

Black and Gold

What is the closest game this week? I need to decide where I'm going.

Headhunter15

Quote from: Black and Gold on November 29, 2015, 07:37:40 pm
What is the closest game this week? I need to decide where I'm going.

3a or any?

Black and Gold

Headhunter15

England and rison will be a good one

flow51

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 29, 2015, 07:35:36 pm
Tried throwing. 3rd and 17(24 yard completion to ray) flag on the play. 3rd and 23. Holding.
3rd and 12(15 yard completion to jones) flag on the play 3rd and 19 holding.
3rd and 5(screen to rucks for 12 yards) flag on the play 3rd and 20 pass int.

Sounds like penalties killed Yall. And some say it was lopsided. Expect to see a better game out of the bucs. Could be a closer game than most expect with a good colts offense but their lack of defense will be the determining factor in my opinion. Great to be a Curley wolf!

Shorttimer

Quote from: KOJACK on November 29, 2015, 06:46:38 pm
That's where comparing scores will make you crazy. I was at the Harding/Bald Knob game. Their starting quarterback didn't play much in the 4th quarter and BK got a cheap TD late against the 3rd defense.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: KOJACK on November 29, 2015, 06:41:08 pm
Two teams that like to throw it around. I wonder if the way EC$ beat Bald Knob and the way Harding and Bald knob was a two score game means anything?

Prob. not.  It would be easy to spin it the other way, with Centerpoint.  And with Rivercrest beating ECS and then comparing Earle, Highland, and H.A.   I think this years Prescott and H.A. teams could play 10 times and come close to splitting them, no matter what the outcome or score is this week.  That's one of the things that makes this a great one to me.

strongandsteady

Gonna be a good one no doubt can't wait:)

Shorttimer

I just want Prescott to play to their capabilities all the way through the playoffs.  They have a bad habit of laying an egg in the playoffs against teams they should beat.  Not saying they should beat Harding, but just don't drop a stink bomb this week.

RabidWolf

Two questions:

1) what's a place to eat in Searcy that's not a chain restaurant?

2) fearless meet and greet before the game?

Black and Gold

I want to go to this game but I can't 😖

Longfellow

Quote from: RabidWolf on November 30, 2015, 08:37:58 am
Two questions:

A meet and greet would be fun. I haven't met anyone from HA or Prescott

adaptedtigerfan

Two questions:

Let me ask my good friend WCD.

Shorttimer

Two questions:

Depending on your taste, I'd go with the Greek House, Pasta Grill, Whistlestop (BBQ/Catfish), or KJ's (steak, seafood, American fare). 

If you get away early enough, go to Bald Knob (10 minutes from the stadium) and try Who Dat's.  You'll need to get there by 4:30 though.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Hello again boys...
Sorry it's been so long...
Did you miss me?
Harding Academy is athletic. Their DL is solid speaking from their game against Centerpoint. This is probably the best comparison between the teams as a common opponent. Centerpoint has a WEAK OL. That is no secret. As far as coaching, HA and Prescott have VERY good coaching. Centerpoint played Prescott early in the season and the Prescott secondary shut down Centerpoint's 3 quality receivers. Centerpoint realized that and through progression, Keenan Owens was able to find the TE for 5 TD passes. Prescott NEVER let up as some may claim on this board and the final score was 50-38 Prescott.
Now for the HA game. It was later in the season and CP had their go-to receiver coming off a slight concussion in the Elkins game. Both teams struggled offensively in the first half. The officiating definitely favored HA with the no calls in the receiving game. On HA's two point conversion in the first half, the receiver almost pushed the defender down to catch the ball...no call. CP got a sideline warning because the officials would not talk to the coach. As far as skill players, CP and HA were virtually even talent wise. The difference came when HA got a lead. They went to a prevent defense and rush 4 very talented linemen who CP could not block. Another momentum swing occurred in the second half when HA's DB literally pushed CP's TE out of the way to intercept Owens. Once again...no call. The officials were definitely letting the secondary play and HA was taking advantage of it at home. Once again, HA is a VERY talented team, but so is Prescott and they are both well coached. I'm going to go out on a limb even though I hate to and say HA 42 Prescott 38

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on November 30, 2015, 10:23:20 am
Hello again boys...
Sorry it's been so long...
Did you miss me?
Harding Academy is athletic. Their DL is solid speaking from their game against Centerpoint. This is probably the best comparison between the teams as a common opponent. Centerpoint has a WEAK OL. That is no secret. As far as coaching, HA and Prescott have VERY good coaching. Centerpoint played Prescott early in the season and the Prescott secondary shut down Centerpoint's 3 quality receivers. Centerpoint realized that and through progression, Keenan Owens was able to find the TE for 5 TD passes. Prescott NEVER let up as some may claim on this board and the final score was 50-38 Prescott.
Now for the HA game. It was later in the season and CP had their go-to receiver coming off a slight concussion in the Elkins game. Both teams struggled offensively in the first half. The officiating definitely favored HA with the no calls in the receiving game. On HA's two point conversion in the first half, the receiver almost pushed the defender down to catch the ball...no call. CP got a sideline warning because the officials would not talk to the coach. As far as skill players, CP and HA were virtually even talent wise. The difference came when HA got a lead. They went to a prevent defense and rush 4 very talented linemen who CP could not block. Another momentum swing occurred in the second half when HA's DB literally pushed CP's TE out of the way to intercept Owens. Once again...no call. The officials were definitely letting the secondary play and HA was taking advantage of it at home. Once again, HA is a VERY talented team, but so is Prescott and they are both well coached. I'm going to go out on a limb even though I hate to and say HA 42 Prescott 38
How is basketball going?

blu2th

This should be a great game, Prescott has an explosive offense that will test the disciplined defense of harding. I don't see Prescott slowing down any, Harding will keep it close but Prescott will pull away.

Ptown - 45

HA - 28

Wildcat

Harding wants another week more than you think. I think they can pull out a win. Prescott better play as a team if they want to make it. Prescott better have good pass coverage or their season will be over. Got Harding by 20

Wildcat

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 10:13:10 pm
Oh, I'm glad you agree with everything I said. Teams have to start well and play well, and Prescott has not gotten the job done.

Harding started bad last week but came back to win

adaptedtigerfan

If Harding is anything like they were 2 years ago they don't like to throw the ball down the field.   If Prescott will play press man coverage I think they can stop them.

Longfellow

That game always confused me. Their passing game was so good but they just kept throwing sideline to sideline against Charleston. I don't think they'll be like that this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas