• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

prescott goes to harding

Started by prescottwolfman, November 27, 2015, 09:36:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Shorttimer on December 02, 2015, 12:39:57 pm
There's a whole lot of love for Prescott in this thread that seems to ignore the fact that these teams have two common opponents--a decent Centerpoint team and a Mayflower team with a porous defense.  Regardless of what one particular poster in this thread would assert, Harding and Prescott handled both easily and in very similar fashion.  I appreciate the Prescott folks stumping for their team but anybody who thinks they know that the Wolves are going to skull drag this Harding team are just looking through maroon colored glasses.

I read another post positing that Harding is not as good as last year.  That is ridiculous.  This Harding team would beat last year's by 4 touchdowns.  They'll be a tough out.
absolutely agreed. I watch Harding play at least once a year and this team is easily 3 tds better than last year HA

WCD

Quote from: MissionDad on December 02, 2015, 06:17:59 pm
To our Prescott friends.

If you can arrive a bit early, wander across the street and take in the Christmas lights on Harding University's campus...it is well worth the time.

Drive safe!

http://www.harding.edu/news/articles/2015-christmas-lights

Thanks MissionDad for this post. I am in complete agreement that the Prescott visitors would really enjoy the walk through the quadrangle and see all the lights displayed.

Please come early and take 10 minutes to see the lights. You won't regret the time spent!

Safe travels! By the way, you don't have to hurry for parking and seating. There are plenty of both.

WCD ;D

Black and Gold

I've waited all week to give my prediction because I couldn't think of one. I'm taking Harding by 7. I won't be surprised at all if Prescott does take this one handily

Wolfpack

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 03, 2015, 11:44:43 am
I've waited all week to give my prediction because I couldn't think of one. I'm taking Harding by 7. I won't be surprised at all if Prescott does take this one handily

WHAT?!!! Confused?

adaptedtigerfan

When we came to Harding we went and seen the lights over there.   If they are the same as they were in 2013 they are pretty amazing

flow51

Been quite on here all week... I'm going with my Curley Wolves 50-34. Good luck to both teams and safe travels for everyone making the trip. Great to be a Curley Wolf!!

ReddieKnightTrojan

As long as they beat them by more that 12. Centerpoint still hold that as the team with the lowest point difference in a loss to Prescott this year. I know KOJACK...they pulled their starters, but didn't they in every win this season?

KOJACK

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 04, 2015, 10:13:55 am
As long as they beat them by more that 12. Centerpoint still hold that as the team with the lowest point difference in a loss to Prescott this year. I know KOJACK...they pulled their starters, but didn't they in every win this season?
Ok I'll admit it, y'all were better than our jv...is that what your looking for?

flow51

Actually they have... Don't get me wrong center point was a well improved team but the game wasn't as close as 12 points. Sorry ;D

ReddieKnightTrojan

Which win was closer than 12 points?

ReddieKnightTrojan

BHG held Prescott to 38 points this year...
Prescott only won by 18 points and they probably fought for all 38 of those points in a come-from-behind game that left Pipkin wondering where that defense came from.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Prescott victories in 2015

Gurdon - 32 pts
Centerpoint - 12 pts
EC$ - 36 pts
Horatio - 28 pts
G R - 36 pts
BHG - 18 pts
Bismarck - 25 pts
Jessieville - 47 pts
Mayflower - 25 pts
Greenland - 33 pts
Lamar - 25 pts

KOJACK

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 04, 2015, 10:26:01 am
Prescott only won by 18 points and they probably fought for all 38 of those points in a come-from-behind game that left Pipkin wondering where that defense came from.
Yep...38 points is a pathetic offensively display.

Black and Gold

Quote from: Wolfpack on December 04, 2015, 07:36:12 am
Quote from: Black and Gold on December 03, 2015, 11:44:43 am

WHAT?!!! Confused?
I'm Picking both upsets 😎

Proud Buckaroo

You are really making yourself seem really salty...

Black and Gold

So be it. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: KOJACK on December 04, 2015, 10:33:12 am
Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 04, 2015, 10:26:01 am
Yep...38 points is a pathetic offensively display.
wondering where that defense came from L.O.L your right 'Jack just pathetic. Guy aint gonna let this go lol

KOJACK

I'm gone y'all. I'll be back sometime this summer.

Proud Buckaroo

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: KOJACK on December 04, 2015, 11:55:25 am

Gone like snoopy?

Lineman

Quote from: KOJACK on December 04, 2015, 11:55:25 am
That crow allergy must be severe.

Black and Gold

I believe Coach Jones said Prescott was very athletic in the back end (correct me if I'm wrong). How many picks do they have on the year? How do Harding's receivers match up?

prescottwolfman

what radio station will them game be on

Black and Gold

I know mac posted a link to the Harding stream but I can't find it now

Longfellow

Just go to Harding University's website. It's on there somewhere

Black and Gold

Prescott's run game has impressed me more than their pass game.

Longfellow

I'm mad at myself for not coming to this game

AmSycho

Wish I was in state to watch this one at my old stomping grounds. Good game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 04, 2015, 08:17:05 pm
I'm mad at myself for not coming to this game

It's quite the atmosphere here in searcy

Black and Gold

I don't understand why you wouldn't kick the FG and make this a two possession game. I think KJ said 4th down was just another down for the Wolves.

Black and Gold

HorseFeathers

Wow.....what a game.......pipkin picked off 3 times in the fourth....

oasistrader

"After watching Prescott take it to Lamar, I'd say they are firing on all cylinders. Offense is very explosive, Pipkin is very mobile and will turn nothing into something. They have the speed on defense to be very disruptive. Everyone talked about how good their passing game was, but I'd say their ground game is just as explosive as the passing is. And they did all this on a muddy slick field. Since this game is on turf then HA better get used to looking at the back of Prescott's jersey's as they run by you. If long range forecast hold's up, then field will be dry. Advantage goes to Prescott.

The only weakness that I saw from Prescott was place kicking.

Prescott wins by 3 or 4 tds. Bye bye HA."  lololololol

Longfellow

Congratulations to Harding Academy. Kills me that I didn't make the drive for this one

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 04, 2015, 09:43:19 pm
Congratulations to Harding Academy. Kills me that I didn't make the drive for this one

When the de got the pick 6 in the endzone...even ole HF exploded with the Harding crowd....could have heard a pin drop on that side before that pick...best game I've been to this year...

Longfellow

Quote from: HF on December 04, 2015, 09:58:52 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on December 04, 2015, 09:43:19 pm

When the de got the pick 6 in the endzone...even ole HF exploded with the Harding crowd....could have heard a pin drop on that side before that pick...best game I've been to this year...
I would've been there, but I've been suffering from a lot of lower back pain and I didn't think I should drive while on painkillers and muscle relaxers. I'm glad they have a livestream.

3cats

December 04, 2015, 10:09:11 pm #186 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:23:51 pm by 3cats
Very good game.   But I wanted to point out a very classy gesture.  Someone from Prescott posted a sign on the fence that said "hearts for Malik".   Thank you for showing that there are more important things than football.     Great season Prescott and good luck HA..

strongandsteady

The atmosphere was similar to the Battle of the Ravines. Prescott had a state championship in their sights but didn't get there. Great game by Hardings defense made the key stops that mattered. See all y'all next year and go get you a state championship Harding Academy very good and classy team.

MissionDad

I echo 3Cats comments. The Prescott faithful found a new fan with their classy shout out of love for Malik.

Safe travels and God bless.

Longfellow

3cats

December 04, 2015, 10:20:41 pm #190 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:23:06 pm by 3cats
Quote from: Longfellow on December 04, 2015, 10:17:21 pm
Who is Malik?
A 2 yr old from Searcy that has been missing for a year.   His dad turned himself in this week and is being charged for the murder.

Iknewthemwhen

Prescott, all that talent. Harding, very good game. 

Longfellow

Quote from: 3cats on December 04, 2015, 10:20:41 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on December 04, 2015, 10:17:21 pm
Who is Malik?
A 2 yr old from Searcy that has been missing for a year.   His dad turned himself in this week and is being charged for the murder.
Good show of class by Prescott. Definitely more important than a high school football game

WCD

Quote from: 3cats on December 04, 2015, 10:09:11 pm
Very good game.   But I wanted to point out a very classy gesture.  Someone from Prescott posted a sign on the fence that said "hearts for Malik".   Thank you for showing that there are more important things than football.     Great season Prescott and good luck HA..

I second 3Cats comments. Thank you for your kind gesture.

WCD ;D

twincats16

Quote from: strongandsteady on December 04, 2015, 10:12:36 pm
The atmosphere was similar to the Battle of the Ravines. Prescott had a state championship in their sights but didn't get there. Great game by Hardings defense made the key stops that mattered. See all y'all next year and go get you a state championship Harding Academy very good and classy team.

+1

Iknewthemwhen

Private vs public.  I'm curious how many times they private vs public games have been won by a public school.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on December 13, 2015, 06:51:34 pm
Private vs public.  I'm curious how many times they private vs public games have been won by a public school.

Rison Beat Shiloh in the 2000 finals.....Glen Rose beat Shiloh in 2006 as well...
Shiloh lost in the 1997 finals.
Harding Beat Danville in 2002.
Harding beat Riverxrest in 2010 and 2015.
Greenwood beat Pulaski Academy in the finals too

Longfellow

Charleston over Harding in the 2013 quarterfinals

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HF on December 13, 2015, 07:07:51 pm
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on December 13, 2015, 06:51:34 pm

Rison Beat Shiloh in the 2000 finals.....Glen Rose beat Shiloh in 2006 as well...
Shiloh lost in the 1997 finals.
Harding Beat Danville in 2002.
Harding beat Riverxrest in 2010 and 2015.
Greenwood beat Pulaski Academy in the finals too

Sorry, HF, you got 2010 backwards. Rivercrest beat Harding in 2010.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas