• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

prescott goes to harding

Started by prescottwolfman, November 27, 2015, 09:36:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Wildcat on November 30, 2015, 11:30:07 am
Harding wants another week more than you think. I think they can pull out a win. Prescott better play as a team if they want to make it. Prescott better have good pass coverage or their season will be over. Got Harding by 20
If Harding wins by 20, I will buy you a Steak after the game. 

twincats16

HA can, and will go deep, plus utilize the underneath routes as well.  Just depends on what the defense gives them.  If Prescott, puts 8 in the box to stop the run and go man coverage, HA has 3-4 receivers that are tall and have speed that can just go up and get the ball over shorter DBs.  HA has a ton of offensive weapons that are set up in many different formations.  Based on scores, looks like Prescott has a ton of offensive talent as well.   It will come down to which defense can get stops and make the other team play behind the chains.

I'm just thankful for no rain in the forecast.  I sat through the Danville game and it was just miserable. 

HeadBussa08

Prescott 46-30 in this one. Prescott is a bad matchup for HA and HA hasn't saw speed across the board like they will Friday night. Most explosive offensive team Prescott has fielded in years and defense has played great down the stretch. Gonna be a great ball game tween the two best QBs in 3a can't wait to watch it.

twincats16

Quote from: RabidWolf on November 30, 2015, 08:37:58 am
Two questions:

1) what's a place to eat in Searcy that's not a chain restaurant?

2) fearless meet and greet before the game?

My favorites
Pizza - Brick Oven (Beebe Capps)
Burgers - Hwy 55 Burgers (Beebe Capps - just recently opened)
Pasta - Pasta Grill (Race St)
Mexican - Mi Pueblito (Race St)

The Greek House on Beebe Capps has really good burgers and chicken gyros.  Got to get the sweet potato fries as the side.  Good stuff!

Markadomous

Prescott will get their 50. I'm saying 54-28 prescott.

Shorttimer

Quote from: Markadomous on November 30, 2015, 01:29:28 pm
Maybe, but there's no way Harding only scores 28 on a defense that gave up almost 40 to Centerpoint.

WCD

Places to eat in Searcy
Chilis, Fuji's, Greek House,Casa Brava, Coltons, Brick Oven Pizza, Pasta Grill, Sushi Cafe, The Rock House, Whistlestop BBQ

Fast foods: McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, KFC, Arby's , Subway, Pizza Hut,

WCD😳

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Shorttimer on November 30, 2015, 01:37:11 pm
Maybe, but there's no way Harding only scores 28 on a defense that gave up almost 40 to Centerpoint.

I really hope Prescott beats HA, but with the homefield advantage, and the officiating during the Centerpoint game there a couple of weeks ago, I would recommend that Prescott contest (and they can with their athleticism) every pass that Francis puts in the air. I don't remember the officials throwing very many flags for PI...and HA only beat CP deep a couple of times and those were missed assignments not inferior speed or talent.

OLDSCHOOL82

I believe KOJACK and his preskitt curley wolves will be way to much for HA.  Wolves by 28 points.

TC

OLDSCHOOL82

No your funny.  In all honesty that is an extremely unbiased prediction. 

TC

Have you seen both teams play in person?

OLDSCHOOL82

Harding in person.  Prescott in person last year and on film this year.  I like your confidence.  I am just stating my unbiased opinion.  Have you seen both in person?

TC

Can't blame you. Just seen lots and lots of film on Prescott. They are a Black HA (not trying to be racist)

OLDSCHOOL82

November 30, 2015, 03:27:27 pm #114 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:34:42 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
^ In what ways?  Harding has a very clean, efficient offense ran by a great quarterback with a lot of experience.  Decent overall quickness on the Offense.  Defense is weak.  Prescott has a great offense, not as clean and precise as Harding, but has way more speed and athletes on the field.  The turf will make sure playing conditions are optimal and they will be hard to catch.  Their d backs have the speed to play a tight coverage on HA and that will hurt HA tremendously.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: TC on November 30, 2015, 03:22:13 pm
Can't blame you. Just seen lots and lots of film on Prescott. They are a Black HA (not trying to be racist)
would hate to see you try.

Black and Gold

Harding plays incredibly disciplined football. Because of that, I'll take the cats by 7.

KOJACK

What does that even mean? Seeing a team on film doesn't always do them justice. I have to agree with my old pal oldschool...

Maynard G Krebs

Need to try a little harder

Headhunter15

Just got a call saying the game has been moved to cowboys stadium Friday night. Jerry jones will be there first hand looking for a new quarterback

Longfellow

Headhunter15

HeadBussa08

yea because HA has a QB that's has thrown for nearly 4000 yds a 1300 yd rusher with 2 1000 yd receivers I'm sure they look allot alike on film. Said no one ever. Keep thinking the center point game week 4 or 5 was relevant lol screw it I'll stir this pot up right. Prescott 65 ha 13. Won't be close at any point in the game. Analyze that.

Skip Baymore

December 01, 2015, 12:53:00 am #123 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:07:12 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on November 30, 2015, 02:26:57 pm

I really hope Prescott beats HA, but with the homefield advantage, and the officiating during the Centerpoint game there a couple of weeks ago, I would recommend that Prescott contest (and they can with their athleticism) every pass that Francis puts in the air. I don't remember the officials throwing very many flags for PI...and HA only beat CP deep a couple of times and those were missed assignments not inferior speed or talent.

Man.  You need to let it go.  The refs. were actually better than average in that game.  Its funny how the perspective changes sometimes depending on which side of the stands one is sitting on.  If you put on a red shirt and switched sides that night, you would have seen holding on H.A.s number 2 out of the backfield several times, holding on H.A.s receivers all night off the snap, a no call on intentional grounding on C.P in the 3rd quarter (prob. the worst officiating mistake of the night) and a pass interference call on H.A. on a tipped ball.  Centerpoint got beaten by a superior team that night.  I am, personally, looking forward to watching C.P. next year though.  They play as a team.  They will have one of the top Q.B.s returning in 3A next year, and lose only 6  seniors.  I really like how they seem to play as a unit.  Their 4 losses this year were all to top ten teams (prob. top 7) and they got blown out in none of them.   Real good year for the Knights.

ghoti

last year prescotts weak defense gave up 51 first half points in 10 or 11 games. not going back to look at all games but this year in the last 5 games starting defense has given up 1 td.

KOJACK

Quote from: ghoti on December 01, 2015, 06:07:40 am
last year prescotts weak defense gave up 51 first half points in 10 or 11 games. not going back to look at all games but this year in the last 5 games starting defense has given up 1 td.
Prescotts d ain't no good...just ask hootens lol.

HeadBussa08

Terrible defense Jack just terrible lol

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 01, 2015, 12:53:00 am

Man.  You need to let it go.  The refs. were actually better than average in that game.  Its funny how the perspective changes sometimes depending on which side of the stands one is sitting on.  If you put on a red shirt and switched sides that night, you would have seen holding on H.A.s number 2 out of the backfield several times, holding on H.A.s receivers all night off the snap, a no call on intentional grounding on C.P in the 3rd quarter (prob. the worst officiating mistake of the night) and a pass interference call on H.A. on a tipped ball.  Centerpoint got beaten by a superior team that night.  I am, personally, looking forward to watching C.P. next year though.  They play as a team.  They will have one of the top Q.B.s returning in 3A next year, and lose only 6  seniors.  I really like how they seem to play as a unit.  Their 4 losses this year were all to top ten teams (prob. top 7) and they got blown out in none of them.   Real good year for the Knights.

If you were at the game, you weren't paying attention. I know you probably don't know a lot about the nuances of football, but it is perfectly legal to knock a receiver off his path at the LOS. It is not legal to push a receiver down to make a 2 pt. conversion catch. I know I'm wasting my breath, but momentum is also a very important aspect to football and CP lost most of it when HA's dback pushed #32 down (practically) and intercepted the ball on their plus 30 yard line or so. Then they lost the rest of their momentum when #24 went off the field with a concussion. I am not complaining about the officiating...it was consistent. I do believe that HA would have won the game anyway. I'm just calling it how I see it so that the Curley Wolves can go in somewhat informed. I'll call it how I saw it...you call it how you obviously didn't see it...I really don't "need to let it go". Good luck Prescott...beat the Cats...see you next year...5-3A representin

HAbiased

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 01, 2015, 10:31:51 am

If you were at the game, you weren't paying attention. I know you probably don't know a lot about the nuances of football, but it is perfectly legal to knock a receiver off his path at the LOS. It is not legal to push a receiver down to make a 2 pt. conversion catch. I know I'm wasting my breath, but momentum is also a very important aspect to football and CP lost most of it when HA's dback pushed #32 down (practically) and intercepted the ball on their plus 30 yard line or so. Then they lost the rest of their momentum when #24 went off the field with a concussion. I am not complaining about the officiating...it was consistent. I do believe that HA would have won the game anyway. I'm just calling it how I see it so that the Curley Wolves can go in somewhat informed. I'll call it how I saw it...you call it how you obviously didn't see it...I really don't "need to let it go". Good luck Prescott...beat the Cats...see you next year...5-3A representin

Literally just was shown the film on that play.  It was obviously not pass interference #8 didn't even touch #32 on that play. You really do need to drop it. Y'all had a good year. Don't try to blame that loss on the refs.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: HAbiased on December 01, 2015, 03:19:57 pm

Literally just was shown the film on that play.  It was obviously not pass interference #8 didn't even touch #32 on that play. You really do need to drop it. Y'all had a good year. Don't try to blame that loss on the refs.

^^^Funny...no, hilarious. I just said HA would have probably won anyway...and I said I'm not complaining about the officiating. I do know that if the same crew is there Friday, then Prescott will need to play through contact in the passing game. CP couldn't overcome the contact OR the tremendously athletic DL. CP's OL couldn't block a 4 man pass rush. The brilliant coaching came when HA got the lead in the second half and the DC tee'd off on the LOS...Owens didn't have time to go through any progressions. He barely had time to get the ball in the air. Kudos to HA defense. Prescott better be ready to block some talented linemen, or HA will come away with a W. Pipkin will be running for his life.

HAbiased

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 01, 2015, 06:13:27 pm

^^^Funny...no, hilarious. I just said HA would have probably won anyway...and I said I'm not complaining about the officiating. I do know that if the same crew is there Friday, then Prescott will need to play through contact in the passing game. CP couldn't overcome the contact OR the tremendously athletic DL. CP's OL couldn't block a 4 man pass rush. The brilliant coaching came when HA got the lead in the second half and the DC tee'd off on the LOS...Owens didn't have time to go through any progressions. He barely had time to get the ball in the air. Kudos to HA defense. Prescott better be ready to block some talented linemen, or HA will come away with a W. Pipkin will be running for his life.

Fair enough man. Appreciate the somewhat support of our boys

KOJACK

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 01, 2015, 06:13:27 pm

Pipkin will be fine...how's off season going?

ReddieKnightTrojan

Had 2 linemen move in from Lake Hamilton with their coaching change and 3 came from Arkadelphia with all the drama going on there...2016 looks like Centerpoint's year.

(disclaimer: None of the aforementioned rhetoric is true...it is absolutely false)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 01, 2015, 06:47:55 pm
Had 2 linemen move in from Lake Hamilton with their coaching change and 3 came from Arkadelphia with all the drama going on there...2016 looks like Centerpoint's year.

(disclaimer: None of the aforementioned rhetoric is true...it is absolutely false)

This is a prescott vs Harding Academy thread ???

flow51

Yeah I just watch the cp/ha game and I don't think cp could block a 3 man rush that night. Not hard to find who missed their blocking assignment... They were still standing at the line of scrimmage.

KOJACK

Prescott will beat Harding. Harding hasn't played any competition, granted they have beaten who is in front of them, but Prescott will be the best team since they played Villonia...how'd that go ;D

Skip Baymore

December 01, 2015, 11:24:04 pm #136 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:28:32 pm by Skip Baymore

Lol.   

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: HF on December 01, 2015, 07:32:59 pm
Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 01, 2015, 06:47:55 pm

This is a prescott vs Harding Academy thread ???

KOJACK had to go and ask me about offseason

ReddieKnightTrojan

How does Skip Baymore, a Central grad, become a diehard Harding Academy fan anyway?

Postman

Prescott better be ready to block some talented linemen, or HA will come away with a W. Pipkin will be running for his life.[/quote]

Only time will tell if this is a true statement.  I haven't seen HA so I have no idea how good/talented that DL is, but I do know Lamar said the same thing last week and that didn't go so well for them.

strongandsteady

Hardings D-Line is pretty good but Prescott's Offensive Line gave up 0 sacks to Lamar's HUGE D-Line.

Shorttimer

Quote from: strongandsteady on December 02, 2015, 08:31:53 am
Hardings D-Line is pretty good but Prescott's Offensive Line gave up 0 sacks to Lamar's HUGE D-Line.
Having seen both Lamar and Harding, the two lines are completely different.  The Harding d-line is long and fast.  They get a lot of pressure but are suspect when it comes to stopping anything up the gut.  If Pipkin can throw on schedule and stay clean, the Prescott offense will do its thing.

The key to this game is probably going to rest on which defense can make the other team drive.  Both offenses score quickly but in different ways.  Prescott takes a lot of short stuff to the house.  Harding throws over the top to those big receivers.  If either team can't consistently hit big, they might struggle.

These two teams have had very similar seasons.  The only losses were in non-conference. They each only had one competitive conference game and it was the first conference game of the season for each.  Aside from the monsoon game for Harding at Danville last week, neither team has been tested lately--it's been a LONG time since either team had to play its "A" game to win.  I'm really looking forward to this one.  Only a homer for either team would come on here and predict a blow out one way or the other.

KOJACK

Hardings D line does a good job. They are long and kinda quick. I think the problem for Harding will be the back end of that defense. If their pressure doesn't get there will the d backs be able to keep the top on... and I say no they won't. Offensively they do a real good job of getting the ball out quick. The Qb is the 2nd best in 3A imo. The receivers are long and can go up and get it. The running game isn't great but it's enough when you throw it around like they do. I'm just not sure how they are gonna react to the speed that they are gonna see Friday night. Prescott after all is a southern finesse team that fairs better against the spread(even though contrary to popular belief they have shut down several "power" running teams this year). Should be an exciting game...not necessarily close, but exciting. Everyone's got a plan till they get punched in the mouth(in my best Mike Tyson voice)

oasistrader

Kojak ,your analysis is spot on.HA is blessed to have the opportunity to play an excellent football team-Prescott .Did Hooten's actually predict a HA win ? If so,they aren't very in touch.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: oasistrader on December 02, 2015, 10:55:51 am
Kojak ,your analysis is spot on.HA is blessed to have the opportunity to play an excellent football team-Prescott .Did Hooten's actually predict a HA win ? If so,they aren't very in touch.
Hootens has the Curley Wolves by 8. 

Coach Jones

This could be a bit of a shoot out.  I don't think anyone will hold Prescott under 40 this year, unless something really strange happens.   Don't underestimate Prescott's O line. They do a really nice job in protection, and use really nice angles in the run game.  Pipkin really does a great job.  He has exceptional pocket presence, and runs the ball really well.
That being said the defense might not hold many people down either. 
Lamar couldn't get past the slop and penalties, but moved the ball most of the night.
The strength of Prescott's D might be in the secondary.  They are very athletic in the back end, and that should help a lot against HA.

I have not watched HA, but looking at the stats they don't run it much.  I have been told they are not as good as last year, through the vine. 

Prediction:  Prescott 48 - HA 38
Should be a very entertaining game.

Markadomous

And to coach Jones and Lamar. I had the opportunity to talk to several Lamar fans the other night. Very nice people and they are behind this program 100%. Also had a chance to talk to some prescott players and they had nothing but good things to say about the guys they played from Lamar.

Shorttimer

December 02, 2015, 12:39:57 pm #147 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:44:39 pm by Shorttimer
There's a whole lot of love for Prescott in this thread that seems to ignore the fact that these teams have two common opponents--a decent Centerpoint team and a Mayflower team with a porous defense.  Regardless of what one particular poster in this thread would assert, Harding and Prescott handled both easily and in very similar fashion.  I appreciate the Prescott folks stumping for their team but anybody who thinks they know that the Wolves are going to skull drag this Harding team are just looking through maroon colored glasses.

I read another post positing that Harding is not as good as last year.  That is ridiculous.  This Harding team would beat last year's by 4 touchdowns.  They'll be a tough out.

MissionDad

To our Prescott friends.

If you can arrive a bit early, wander across the street and take in the Christmas lights on Harding University's campus...it is well worth the time.

Drive safe!

http://www.harding.edu/news/articles/2015-christmas-lights

Markadomous

Thanks mission dad. I have three small boys and we will put that in our plans. You know how little boys love Christmas lights. But I'm still rooting  for my Curley Wolves.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas