• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

prescott goes to harding

Started by prescottwolfman, November 27, 2015, 09:36:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prescottwolfman

Curleywolf Fan

Should be a fun game to watch. Both teams like to throw it around.

prescottwolfman

I do agree this will be a fun game to watch but I do think Prescott will come out with the win I hope I can make it to this game

FBfan79

strongandsteady

Prescott showed up tonight and got the W and I don't see them slowing down 54-42 Prescott

Longfellow

I'll take the Wildcats 48-45. I figure I'm wrong, but I'm betting on an exciting game

RabidWolf

Paperman

Going to be a good game! Both teams are solid, should be a real dogfight

Longfellow

They ran the ball pretty well in the second half against Danville, but they're a pass heavy team. With it being so wet, they threw a lot of quick outs and bubbles and short screens. This might be the "battle of the teams that only throw screens"

HeadBussa08

Gonna be a great matchup. Prediction later in week. Think Harding has been in semis nearly every year since coming to 3a at least

Skip Baymore

November 28, 2015, 12:12:07 am #10 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:25:22 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 27, 2015, 10:42:38 pm
Gonna be a great matchup. Prediction later in week. Think Harding has been in semis nearly every year since coming to 3a at least

Yep.  This should be an exciting one.  The best Q.B. combo in the state will be in Searcy next week.  Early thoughts are that they are definitely similar type teams.   I think Prescott is more explosive offensively, but only slightly and that H.A. is a little more physical and more stout defensively, but only slightly.   H.A. was beaten in round 2 last year, in prob. their weakest year in a decade.  Chucktown knocked them out twice in round 3, but had H.A. been on the other side, prob. would have made it to the finals both of those years (and then played Chucktown).    It doesn't get much better than Prescott vs. H.A. in the semis.   I will be at this game for sure.

strongandsteady

Prescott vs Harding = Finnese Shootout
Rivercrest vs Smackover = Physical defense
As to what people see in these semi final match ups. I personally think Prescott and Harding are more physical than people give them credit for

Skip Baymore

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 28, 2015, 12:22:56 am
As to what people see in these semi final match ups. I personally think Prescott and Harding are more physical than people give them credit for

I agree.  You usually have to be pretty good on all fronts to advance to this stage in the playoffs.

HeadBussa08

November 28, 2015, 12:49:23 am #13 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 01:48:58 am by HeadBussa08
Quote from: strongandsteady on November 28, 2015, 12:22:56 am
I believe both teams have proven how "finnese" they are lol from what ive read Harding had to run it to beat Danville and Prescott's win over Lamar speaks for itself. very much agree with ya

GrindTime

Wolves Still Hungry They'll be ready it should be an exciting game ill be there 😎

Runfastturnleft

Prescott on turf...should be a speed show

macadoshis

After watching Prescott last night I don't think H.A. can stay within two scores .

WCD

You are right! HA can't hang with Prescott. Might as well give them the trophy this week!

I guess y'all won't mind playing the Wildcats just for fun?
Just askin'!

WCD😳

macadoshis

Watched some of the HA game last night as well. I thought they were done at half.  The way they came out and took control of the game was really impressive. 

macadoshis

Hunter said a few Prescott players came up to him after the game and wished him well with recovery on his knee.  I thought that was really a class act thing to do.  Much respect for the Curley Wolves. 

xadboy

After watching Prescott last night, I was impressed. They spread it out, but you ran the ball more than we anticipated. Very well balanced team with the explosiveness to take it to the house on any play. Don't think HA will be able to hang with the Wolves, Prescott by 24.

Headhunter15

What came into factor making Prescott travel to HA?

Longfellow

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 28, 2015, 12:30:58 pm
Harding's name is on top on the bracket

flow51

Look at the bracket. They are a 1 seed and so are we. They are one the top side.. We are on the bottom. So bottom travels to top.

Headhunter15

Again. That is dumb. Make it a neutral game but what do I know . I know pine bluff isn't using their field this week but on the other hand I don't think anyone wants to get shot lol

Longfellow

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 28, 2015, 12:48:08 pm
Again. That is dumb. Make it a neutral game but what do I know . I know pine bluff isn't using their field this week but on the other hand I don't think anyone wants to get shot lol
Bryant, Benton, Cabot, Conway, Jacksonville. There are plenty of neutral sites that are situated pretty evenly in the middle. I personally would say Conway. It's the shortest drive for me

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on November 28, 2015, 12:53:59 pm
Bryant, Benton, Cabot, Conway, Jacksonville. There are plenty of neutral sites that are situated pretty evenly in the middle. I personally would say Conway. It's the shortest drive for me

Have it in Russellville :D...Both Schools have to travel a couple of hourse, the field is turf, and the stadium has plenty of seating.....And I only  have to drive 20 minutes to watch what could be a shootout...

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 28, 2015, 12:30:58 pm
It shouldn't matter. Prescott plays just as good on the road as they do at home and Prescott fans travel as good as any fans. I wouldn't be surprised if they are more Prescott fans there than HA fans.

strongandsteady

Home field advantage is always a factor but Prescott field is almost ruined with giant puddles of water. Think it be best to travel and play on some turf

Longfellow

Quote from: HF on November 28, 2015, 12:58:51 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on November 28, 2015, 12:53:59 pm

Have it in Russellville :D...Both Schools have to travel a couple of hourse, the field is turf, and the stadium has plenty of seating.....And I only  have to drive 20 minutes to watch what could be a shootout...
I'm right there with you on that one

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 28, 2015, 12:59:59 pm
Home field advantage is always a factor but Prescott field is almost ruined with giant puddles of water. Think it be best to travel and play on some turf
I think playing on turf will help Prescott. They are so fast and playing on turf will only make them faster.

ghoti

i think they have played on neutral fields back in the early 70s but those may have been championship games before the started playing in LR

ghoti

i have watched the danville harding game on the live stream. it was a swamp lol made both teams look awful to me. mayflower harding game they looked way better and will be the best team prescott has played since the hope game.

hawgfan15

I really hope Prescott can win this one and advance to WMS. I will be there to cheer them on. Go Wolves!

HeadBussa08

Appreciate it Hawg. Hope I can watch them ScrapDawgs play there too. Big game with Harding this week.

maytag

Go Prescott   Representing the 3a-5 well

Iknewthemwhen

Prescott has the athletes, Harding probably better coached.  I'm thinking Prescott if they come to play and don't have a problem with misques early.

Markadomous

Go Curley Wolves!!!!!!! Harding be ready for a guy named Pipkin. He's not bad. And Pearson, Walker, Rucker, Vanhook, Butler, and Malone. I will be there cheering my Curley Wolves on. Go Prescott.

KOJACK

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 08:32:54 pm
Prescott has the athletes, Harding probably better coached.  I'm thinking Prescott if they come to play and don't have a problem with misques early.
When's the last time you've seen either of these teams play? Pretty generic post

Headhunter15

Stop the screen, aka Harding DE will need a lot of discipline. And DO NOT PLAY MAN TO MAN ON D! Cover 3 . Make em beat you running the ball right up the gut. -Prescott

Stop the slants and out routes. They can run a little to score. Showed that against Danville. With Prescott speed id say man but idk how good their secondary is.
-Harding

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: KOJACK on November 28, 2015, 08:58:01 pm
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 08:32:54 pm
When's the last time you've seen either of these teams play? Pretty generic post

Maybe so but still how I see this one.  Prescott has some talent for sure but they sometimes don't rise to the challenge of really good teams and get a slow start.  They cannot get a slow start on Friday and get behind because they may not get it back together. Harding usually has good talent and are very disciplined, they will not beat themselves.  If they can get a fast start and get up, Prescott may not rise to the challenge.  JMO.

Sick Dog

You obviously haven't even seen Prescott play. When did you see them this year "not come out and rise to a challenge" You don't even know anything about Prescott. Your an idiot. Harding is good. Its the semi's. Everyone is good and anyone can beat the other if they don't show up to play. Both teams have played well this year or neither would be here.

jay nelvin

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 28, 2015, 09:29:23 pm
You obviously haven't even seen Prescott play. When did you see them this year "not come out and rise to a challenge" You don't even know anything about Prescott. Your an idiot. Harding is good. Its the semi's. Everyone is good and anyone can beat the other if they don't show up to play. Both teams have played well this year or neither would be here.

That doesn't rate him an idiot, we didn't exactly rise to CHG's challenge.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 28, 2015, 09:34:38 pm
Quote from: Sick Dog on November 28, 2015, 09:29:23 pm

That doesn't rate him an idiot, we didn't exactly rise to CHG's challenge.

Exactly what I just said in a different post. 

Iknewthemwhen

Wow! I certainly appreciate the kind comments. You must give a lot to the charities of the world with such a kind heart.  As for not rising to the challenge I'd say Camden and Hope.  But, that is this year and Prescott has had this happen in past years as well.  They are noted for talent but how many championships in the last decade? You are correct everyone is good at this level but Prescott is the leader of a down 3AAA classification overall and a conference that struggle a bit overall.  So yes, I think Prescott cannot get out to a poor start.

Sick Dog

Who is so good that if they don't get off to a good start will still win against a good team? Man its amazing how bad Prescott conference is. They are in the semi's and we are glad for them. Their have been many talented teams who didn't win it in the past my friend. You have to talented and have a little bit of luck to win a state championship. You keep proving your idiotcracy.

Iknewthemwhen

Oh, I'm glad you agree with everything I said. Teams have to start well and play well, and Prescott has not gotten the job done.

Warriors023

Prescott by 3 just can't see Harding keeping up with the tempo and explosiveness Prescott has

Headhunter15

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 28, 2015, 10:06:13 pm
Who is so good that if they don't get off to a good start will still win against a good team? Man its amazing how bad Prescott conference is. They are in the semi's and we are glad for them. Their have been many talented teams who didn't win it in the past my friend. You have to talented and have a little bit of luck to win a state championship. You keep proving your idiotcracy.

Idiocracy  ;D

Sick Dog

yeah my spel check failz me often.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas