• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to the DUKE

Started by bigworm, March 14, 2015, 10:42:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigworm

Congrats from England! Great season.

redrider30

Thank you. Lady Lions were very formidable opponents. Great coach and great tradition. You can be very proud of your team.

keohog

Oldref

Congratulations from Bay to Marmaduke Lady Greyhounds on winning state championship!! Redrider know you are proud of those ladies!!! Glad we could get a couple of state championships back to NEA!!

lionfan59

Congrats thought we had y'all at first. But those girls did not let the word defeat come into their heads.

NEAsupporter

Congrats to Marmaduke Lady Greyhounds! Well deserved!

Neabasketball

Congrats to my Greyhounds!! In the last three years these girls have been 42 and 3 with a state runner up, 36 and 4 with a state final four, and now 43 and 2 with a state championship!!'

ISU7

Way to go Hounds, very impressive season. CONGRATS..

bighurt411

Quote from: Neabasketball on March 15, 2015, 09:59:32 am
Congrats to my Greyhounds!! In the last three years these girls have been 42 and 3 with a state runner up, 36 and 4 with a state final four, and now 43 and 2 with a state championship!!'

How do you guys get to play so many games in a season?

Basketballfan13

Non football schools get 25 games plus 3 tournaments which will come out to about 34 games. Add 2-3 games for district, 3 games for regionals, and 4 games at state, plus they probably included their benefit game like most schools do that sounds about right.

redrider30

Records for Marmaduke Seniors
Freshman year 30-5
Sophomore year 40-3
Junior year 38-5
Senior year 41-2
149-15 not to shabby.

bdubyab60

Marmaduke had been on the verge for a while. Good to see them finally get that title. Congrats Lady Greyhounds.

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats from Brookland!!!

Head Lion

Congrats from you know who. I know what it means to yall, Duke did it the right way. They started this group in diapers & worked for a common goal & accomplished it. So refreshing to see these days, to see it done with "home grown" kids. Congrats to all at Marmaduke!

lionfan59

Quote from: Head Lion on March 15, 2015, 07:01:44 pm
Congrats from you know who. I know what it means to yall, Duke did it the right way. They started this group in diapers & worked for a common goal & accomplished it. So refreshing to see these days, to see it done with "home grown" kids. Congrats to all at Marmaduke!
Just what is the "home grown kids" comment supposed to mean ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

bigworm

Hes refering to all the transfering from here to there for sports by kids now a days.

lionfan59

thought I might have missed a controversy, you know I like to be all nosey ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Head Lion

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 15, 2015, 09:17:01 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on March 15, 2015, 07:01:44 pm
Just what is the "home grown kids" comment supposed to mean ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
No, my kid played spring ball with these young ladies for years. You could tell they were special a long time ago. Not so much in their talent, but their work ethic, commitment to TEAM and goal driven. They started as youngsters TOGETHER and played all the way through. It would have been easy for Coach Smith to "draw" a key player or 2 in, but he showed loyalty to HIS KIDS and they came through. JMO, the most gratifying way to do it.

redrider30

Hey head lion most people think that diaper remark was a joke but it's really true. Been of accused of recruiting in the day care. It's not recruiting they are in our school building. Lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas